TESTERS WANTED! ×

Molhimawk Golf: Updated Swag Bag – REVIEW & CONTEST

GolfSpy Dave

• SPY VIP

Molhimawk Golf: New Name & Updated Swag Bag – REVIEW & CONTEST

An Official Mygolfspy.com Review

http://Molhimawk.com/

(Ugly Bag Contest at the end of the review...)

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

Volo Golf is now Molhimawk Golf

Why you ask? Honestly I have no idea why the company changed their name. My guess is that it was a good reason though as changing a name is a great way for consumers to completely lose track of a company. Luckily though, it looks like the name has changed, but not the scope of the products they carry. The cool looking Swag bags are still there, as are the Argyle Albatross branded hats and shirts. So far so good.

Molhimawk is Maori for albatross, by the way...

IMG_3222.jpg

To Build a More Bitchin' Bag

Last spring, I ran the previous version of the Molhimawk Swag Bag through the mygolfspy.com review process. If you missed that review, you can read it HERE.

If clicking that link is just too much work, I'll hit the high points of that review for you.

PREVIOUS SWAG BAG PROS

• Standout style with attractive women holding the bag (click that link yet?)

• Good weight for carrying (4.5 pounds)

• Numerous, large pockets for gear/beer

• 5-way top that fit all 14 clubs, if a bit snug

• Comfortable strap

• Sturdy stand system

IMG_3232.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

PREVIOUS SWAG BAG CONS

• Tee holder loops too large to actually hold tees.

• Cell phone holder in pocket just takes up space and is basically non-functional.

• Valuables pocket is at end of pocket. Seemed prone to dropping stuff.

• Big issue: shoulder straps anchored to one ring and made pulling the bag on difficult. Strap opening was just too small for easy donning.

Of the “CONS” it really was the strap system that pushed the performance down on this bag. The strap system itself was very comfortable once on, but getting it on was irritating. When I picked up the new version of the Swag Bag, this was my first concern.

Can One Golfspy Have an Impact?

I am very happy to report that the new Swag Bag eliminates three of the four “CONS” that I mentioned in that previous review. Now I don't know for sure that I had an influence on they new bag design, but my ego would like to think so and so I am going with that idea.

As you can see from these photos, the new version of the Molhimawk Swag Bag now features:

• A tighter woven tee holder.

IMG_3213.jpg

• A pocket happily devoid of cell phone holder.

IMG_3214.jpg

• And best of all, a shoulder strap that now attaches at two places and forms a larger opening.

IMG_3212.jpg

The only thing that was not changed was the location of the valuables pocket. I guess that this is more personal taste and to be fair, if I remember to zip it up, I probably wouldn't have my keys fall out of it in the parking lot...

IMG_3218.jpg

Bag this Swag Bag

So I was fairly happy with the Swag Bag after the initial play review, but I just couldn't really make it my main bag because of the shoulder strap issue. Thankfully that issue has been eliminated and now the Swag Bag is a great looking bag that retains comfort and performance on the course. If you want a lightweight bag that stands out from the crowd, the Molhimawk Swag Bag should definitely be considered in the purchasing decision.

IMG_3234.jpg

CONTEST! - "2012 Nastiest Bag Makeover"

I am willing to guess that some of you spies out there are hauling a nasty looking bag around the course. Does this sound like your bag?

• Do the attendants at bag drop go on break whenever you drive up?
  • Do you have a strap that you have repaired with fishing line or duct tape?
  • Are there more marks on it than the shroud of Turin?
  • Does the stand still work as long as you lean it up against something?
  • Is your fourteen-way top now a custom twelve-way top?

If any of these are characteristics of your current bag, don't fret, Molhimawk Golf and Mygolfspy are here to help. To win a sweet new Swag Bag, all you need to do is post photos of your current ugly bag in this thread along with a brief description about why the bag should be replaced. Feel free to also comment about why your bag is nastier than the other entries.

NOTE: You must own the bag you submit for the contest. No Googling Images :(

Write "MGS Ugly Bag Contest" on a piece of paper and include that with the bag in the photo.

One winner will be chosen after the PGA Show in January. Once you submit your photos and description in this thread, you can earn additional entries in the contest by:

• Liking the Molhimawk Facebook page.
  • Following Molhimawk Golf on Twitter @Molhimawk
  • Dropping by the Molhimawk Golf booth at the PGA show and telling them that you posted your ugly bag.

A little effort could lead to a lot of golf style in 2012.

IMG_3228.jpg

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

Very sweet looking bag, and I think it's awesome that they took the feedback they received to make their bag better. This contest definitely doesn't apply to me, but I'm looking forward to seeing some busted bags. :)

I am hoping to see duct tape and biological waste on some of these bags... :o

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to see duct tape and biological waste on some of these bags... :o

I can oblige. I have a Bears stand bag that has both legs bent, the entire bottom is duct taped on, and the waste would be the Bears emblem (to those of us that aren't Bears fans). I use it to hold all my shafts and a few miscellaneous clubs. I'm going to take a pic now.

Pictures of above mentioned bag. Of all the things that this bag had wrong with it, the comment I got most was "yuk, a Bears bag".

Note - The legs were bent from hitting it after a shank into a pond. After bending one leg, I though it was only fair to bend the other one after my next bad shot.

Full bag

Bag.JPG

Proof of my nasty bag

Bag Proof.JPG

The whole bottom fell off, so I had to duct tape it back on. I used black duct tape, but when it got nasty, I just replaced it with silver. I carried the bag for half a season like this, because my wife wouldn't let me buy a new one, because she already had one picked out for my birthday gift.

Bottom of bag.JPG

I didn't notice the bottom had partially fallen off, until I felt clubs start dragging on the ground.

Busted bottom.JPG

The ultimate sticker on the ultimate nasty bag.

Sticker.JPG

I know that this doesn't count, but this has to be the ugliest bag on earth...

taylormade-burner-2-0-stand-bag.jpg

My own bag coming soon....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

hahaha, nicsherman I actually kinda like the look of that bag, but I have odd taste

Just meant as a joke....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Well, I don't have a super ugly bag, but this is the best (or worst) I can do...

The bag was $2.99 at the Rescue Mission, and came full of balls (mostly Pinacle), 2 dirty tissues (in different pockets), about 2 dozen broken tees, and 4 plastic ball markers from local courses. Nothing is really wrong with it, except for missing a strap, which I fixed with the only thing I could find at the time. A red rope...

The bag is kind of nice, I bought it to use for my spare clubs and have actually used it twice. I would have used it more, but I can't get over the smell. Nothing terrible like a dead animal or anything... It reminds me of old man... you know that musty, Old Spice, moth balls and cigar smell... and one of the pickets smells like pickles inside...

So Here it is...

OLadQl.jpg

jLxpyl.jpg

0WPdDl.jpg

I'm also following on Facebook and Twitter... Their following is really low, come on guys... help them out...

PS: I added a couple extras to the bag... All curtsey of MSG (Yes I'm trying to kiss up)

Miyzazaki Kusala Shaft

Sumi-G headcovers

Heavv Wedge

LeaderBoard Golf Wedge

Never Compromise Putter

Vision Golf Hat

Mibrella umbrella

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45