Driver acquisition time...!

I think the Ventus was in the C721. I think the TSI3 I hit had a KuroKage in it. I'd like to go back next week and hit a TSI2 and see if there is any difference for me. I don't play as much as I used to, so the extra forgiveness in the TSI2 might be needed. Unless the TSI3 is that much longer. I'd still like to hit a G425 as well. We'll see.

Launcher XL has the same tech as the XXIO driver.  Counterbalanced shaft.  Very light weight.  NASA grade titanium. For a player who needs spin to help keep the ball in the air, the Launcher XL driver is tough to beat.  And at $349 for the bonded model and $399 for the adjustable, you should definitely check it out. 

59 minutes ago, therod said:

I think the Ventus was in the C721. I think the TSI3 I hit had a KuroKage in it. I'd like to go back next week and hit a TSI2 and see if there is any difference for me. I don't play as much as I used to, so the extra forgiveness in the TSI2 might be needed. Unless the TSI3 is that much longer. I'd still like to hit a G425 as well. We'll see.

Whatever works buy it, don’t try to choose a different head to “save money” because the numbers aren’t going to be exactly the same between a TSI2 and a TSI3, otherwise they’d both have the same name. Make sure you know what you’re willing to trade performance-wise to choose amongst all the options it comes down to. Opportunity cost….

Driver: Honma TR 460 8.5*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 S, 45 1/4"; Ping G425 LST, Fujikura Speeder TR 661 S, 45 1/2"

hybrids: Cobra King Tec 17* and 21*, both with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105 X

Irons:  Srixon ZX5 4-6, ZX7 7-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil F4, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

I've hit many drivers over my years. I am a 14 handicap and I have sold the house to game the Krank Driver !! Great design and performance. 

Flash driver, apex irons, srixon woods, mack daddy 4 60°, taylormade 56°, SC roundback putter in a Ping bag.

Have played a number of brands over the years and realized that the problem was me and finally went to see a Titleist fitter and they set me up with the correct big dog in 2010.  Have been playing them ever since, always going in whenever the new clubs came out to see if I needed an upgrade and we did not always move up to the new equipment if we did not see an improvement of at least ten yards.  Have learned that it just not the head but getting the right shaft to complete the driver.  Was recently set up with the new TSI3 10.75 with a Fujikura Speeder 661 Tour Rated S shaft and the ripe young age of 75 can still hit it 260. The proof is in the fitting by a qualified titleist fitter.  Trackman numbers do not lie.  All my woods/metals have Fujikura speeder shafts and Titleist heads with GolfPride MCC Plus 4 Grips.  At my age I need every advantage I can get.  Just another two cents worth.  Whatever you do, go see a qualified fitter, mine has over thirty years experience, one I can truly rely on.    

Titleist

DRIVER - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR S   

FAIRWAY - TSi2 15.75* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 S

HYBRID - 816H1 19.0* - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S

HYBRID - 818H1 23.0* - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S

IRONS - T300 (2019) - 5-W - True Temper AMT Red 107g-95gm R300

WEDGES - VOKEY SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94gm R300                                      Backup Wedge - VOKEY SM7 - 58.12D (Snow flaked "Z" ) - N.S. PRO 950GH R300       

***  GolfPride MC+4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges) 

PRIMARY PUTTER -  2020 CAMERON SPECIAL SELECT CUSTOM  - 35" Newport 2 w/GolfPride SNSR 104 Grip                                                                                                                                                         

Backup Putter - 2022 PING - 35" PLD - Black Matte Milled Anser w/ GolfPride SNSR 104 Grip

GOLF BALL - TITLEIST - Prov1 #8 w/ blue Z 

GOLF BAG - TITLEIST - Black Cart 14 and Midsize Tour Bag Black/Black/Red w/name and TT logo 

Footjoy | Mike Fay GolfGolf Glove, Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear 

Industry Day at the Range - Bushnell Optics Rangefinder - Pro XE