Have any of you done a golf ball fitting?

HAC

34 minutes ago, greggarner said:

I picked up 3 doz Z-Stars during the Father's Day promo, which is how I discovered that I can't get enough driver spin with them. I really like the XV, especially the 2021 version with the less clicky cover, but I won a doz MTB-X and I gotta tell ya, I love that ball. If I didn't have $300 in shop credit expiring this month, I absolutely would pick up the Snell Value Pack. (It's just hard to say no to 6 doz "free" ProV1s...)

Haha, I agree with you. I'll never turn down ProV1s as a gift or on credit, I'm just not going to spend my money on them anymore. I have a dozen of the 2019 XVs to try because, and sorry if I'm repeating, I wonder if I should actually play the "X" balls. From what I've tried this past season there's ones that are far too clicky in the short game (ProV1x & TP5x), one that was ok (Tour BX), and one I love and want to give a full test (MTB-X). 

I think I'm going to order the Snell around Xmas then set up a ball fitting with Golf Galaxy and bring those with me. Galaxy says I can test anything on their shelves, but they don't have Vice/Snell. So I figure if I'm paying to test, I can bring in my own balls as well.

• Like 1

Take Dead Aim

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: Odyssey Versa #7 32"

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

38 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Haha, I agree with you. I'll never turn down ProV1s as a gift or on credit, I'm just not going to spend my money on them anymore. I have a dozen of the 2019 XVs to try because, and sorry if I'm repeating, I wonder if I should actually play the "X" balls. From what I've tried this past season there's ones that are far too clicky in the short game (ProV1x & TP5x), one that was ok (Tour BX), and one I love and want to give a full test (MTB-X). 

I think I'm going to order the Snell around Xmas then set up a ball fitting with Golf Galaxy and bring those with me. Galaxy says I can test anything on their shelves, but they don't have Vice/Snell. So I figure if I'm paying to test, I can bring in my own balls as well.

You can't properly test golf balls on an indoor sim. You exclude all of the aerodynamic performance of the cover which affects the height and overall ball flight. 

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/4H and sometimes 5H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 6-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0