Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

No Alcohol Beverages

fixyurdivot

Not sure about your neck of the woods, but we're now seeing "what's in your bag" signs at the courses here in AZ reminding players that bringing your own alcohol beverages is a no-no.  I'm not sure if this is a local county or state wide restriction but we've not seen these reminders years past.  One obvious reason is competition with their own bar/beverage carts.  Another sounds like risk of them (the course) losing their liquor license. What do you see at your courses?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Our courses have had signs that usually say no outside coolers.   Against Virginia ABC regulations and the courses risk loosing their license. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

My course here in Tennessee has always been that way. No outside coolers or drinks. Outside beverages would take away from the clubs revenue. It would also can allow them to monitor someone's consumption if need be. You can get a cooler full of what you want from the club to take out on the course. You just have to purchase the liquor at the club.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I have  yet to be on a course that allows outside food or drink. It may be more prevalent now days with the rising cost of what seems to be everything. (Not a political statement just my observation). 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

5 hours ago, Siamese Moose said:

I've worked in the alcohol industry. Every state prohibits a license holder from allowing outside alcohol into their license area. (It eliminates the possibility of a holder cutting off a drunk.) Depending on how aggressive a control agent gets, even a single case can result in a suspension in the liquor license. Multiple cases are a certain suspension, and a recurrence after a suspension probably will result in permanent revocation. While the agency may take into account how sneaky the person was who brought it in, they're not required to consider that. I've heard of country clubs around here who have kicked out members who did this. I do not know of any golf courses who have suffered suspensions here, but I do know of other private clubs that have (a VFW hall).

This so much.  We (our course) are County owned.  DJ if we don’t follow county liquor license restrictions, well you can imagine the consequences.  
I’ll say this as nicely as I can.  Guys why would you even think it’s ok to bring your own beer or alcohol as a paying customer.  Would you think it’s ok at a MLB or NFL gsme.  Or into the local Outback or Legal Seafood?   
You would be shocked at the number of people who become beligerent about it or try to sneak it in their golf bags.  

If you can’t afford $8 to $12 for 3 -4 beers during a round, then maybe you should be evaluating if you should be playing that round. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

19 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

This so much.  We (our course) are County owned.  DJ if we don’t follow county liquor license restrictions, well you can imagine the consequences.  
I’ll say this as nicely as I can.  Guys why would you even think it’s ok to bring your own beer or alcohol as a paying customer.  Would you think it’s ok at a MLB or NFL gsme.  Or into the local Outback or Legal Seafood?   
You would be shocked at the number of people who become beligerent about it or try to sneak it in their golf bags.  

If you can’t afford $8 to $12 for 3 -4 beers during a round, then maybe you should be evaluating if you should be playing that round. 

I bring my own cigars that is it mainly because most courses don’t have stogies I like.

3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I bring my own cigars that is it mainly because most courses don’t have stogies I like.

No problem with that.  Most bring their own cigs or cigars.   We have a few on hand.  But certainly not a wide selection.  

I know our courses have the 'No outside alcohol' signs listed.  This is no problem for me as I cannot/do not drink while golfing.  I play poorly enough sobor!  Some of my regular golf buddies will sneak a flask on course, and offer me some.   I always decline. 

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

I see it all the time. I’ve played with random groups throughout the summer and see the whiskey or fireball bottle being taken out for birdies which is a bit of a head shaker. I’m not much for drinking on the course but I also play in a competitive morning group teeing off at 7am on the weekends. It seems that more and more these days people are pushing the limits on anything 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

The muni's around us have no issues with coolers, without them they wouldn't get the play they need to stay solvent. During the height of the pandemic some of the private clubs did allow coolers, but most are back to no outside beverages. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

13 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Good point Rob and I do not disagree.  I was just surprised by seeing the sign out front this season - which no doubt was prompted by folks doing the BYOB thing.  Now, that said, we still like to have a shot of birdie juice (or 4 in the fairway or 4 pars when things get desperate) 🙂. One of the guys makes a peach and blackberry mix that should be illegal... and, based on this thread, appears to be 🤣.

You have some people that are always looking for ways to beat the system. These are the same people that will not follow the rules and have no golf etiquette on the courses. Drive their carts in areas marked as do not enter, don't fill divots or repair ball marks on the greens.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I have to wonder how is it that someone HAS to consume Alcohol Beverages on the golf course.  I mean to say that if you cannot go 4 hours without drinking you may want to consider figuring that out first.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

I don’t know of a course near me that allows players to bring their own beer, but most don’t enforce the rule - I have seen people bring their own beer. Most of the guys I play with don’t drink while playing, but a few will have a beer or two. Most courses we play sell beer at reasonable prices, only one has exorbitant prices. We always have a beer after the round, some have a few during too - we’re fine with supporting the courses.

Every once in a while when it’s cold one of us will bring a 10-pack of 50ml Fireballs or other (not for sale on any course I’ve seen), otherwise we’re happy to buy from the course.

OTOH everyone I know brings their own non-alcohol hydration, even though courses sell same.

Frankly I might buy from beverage carts (alcohol or non) but I never know when they’ll be on the course and not, so I can’t rely on them. Being dehydrated in summer is not an option.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

1 hour ago, Middler said:

I don’t know of a course near me that allows players to bring their own beer, but most don’t enforce the rule - I have seen people bring their own beer. Most of the guys I play with don’t drink while playing, but a few will have a beer or two. Most courses we play sell beer at reasonable prices, only one has exorbitant prices.

Every once in a while when it’s cold one of us will bring a 10-pack of 50ml Fireballs or other (not for sale on any course I’ve seen), otherwise we’re happy to buy from the course.

OTOH everyone I know brings their own non-alcohol hydration, even though courses sell same.

Frankly I might buy from beverage carts (alcohol or non) but I never know when they’ll be on the course and not, so I can’t rely on them. Being dehydrated in summer is not an option.

I always bring my own water for hydration as the beverage carts are anything but reliable.  Most of us keep a small, chilled bottle of FB in the bag for birdie juice.  It seems to me those making the laws simply don't understand golf traditions.  It would be the equivalent of telling the Seattle fans their too loud and can no longer go over 90 dB due to local noise ordinances. 

3 hours ago, Paul Hedrick said:

I have to wonder how is it that someone HAS to consume Alcohol Beverages on the golf course.  I mean to say that if you cannot go 4 hours without drinking you may want to consider figuring that out first.

I rarely ever drink during a round, maybe one round a year may have 1 beer toward the end of a round.  But I don't drink much anyway.  That said, I have no problem with people who want to enjoy a few beverages responsibly during a round.  I mean it is a leisure activity, much like going to the beach or sitting by the pool, or as I mentioned earlier attending a sporting event.  I just think you should respect the rules of the facility you are at.  

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I always bring my own water for hydration as the beverage carts are anything but reliable.  Most of us keep a small, chilled bottle of FB in the bag for birdie juice.  It seems to me those making the laws simply don't understand golf traditions.  It would be the equivalent of telling the Seattle fans their too loud and can no longer go over 90 dB due to local noise ordinances. 

That's really not a very good argument to make. As noted above, you don't bring your own beer into a football, hockey, or baseball game. It seems to me that those making the laws want to protect properties against liability and also want them to do this crazy thing called making money. 

I've never even considered bringing alcohol with me to the course as "birdie juice". I guess I'm not following hallowed traditions then???? Am I less of a golfer as a result?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

My home course does not have any signs posted or seem to say anything. Of course their alcohol prices are reasonable. They do give you free bottled water because even pre covid they did not have water on the course. They do encourage one to carry coolers on the course with water.

Now some courses mainly the Founders group courses have signs posted and will ask to look into coolers. Some folks like me on dieuretics have to keep a water supply and some folks have to keep legit medications ready and cool and I am not talking about alcohol either. One of the courses here got sued a few years back because they would not let a guy take his cooler and he filed a lawsuit under the ADA act. He was also a member at that course which was semi private--- It was referred by the state court to federal court. When that happened the courses lawyers about killed themselves getting to an out of court settlement. He finally settled on a out of court settlement and it cost them dearly. I think the head Pro and 2 bag drop guys were let go. I knew the guy and he was legit and had legit medicine and water and offered to show them that he had no alcohol in fact he did not drink because of his health concerns. In fact it came out that the head pro told him if he was in that bad of shape he should not play golf.  Everyone in course management around here knows of the incident and are cautious. I have been asked at Founders Courses and I am glad to show them I have no alcohol just water and CBD gummies which are legal here and I have had no problem at all. 

I am not sure per say what the ABC laws are in SC on this. But I will say in this county they are hesitant to suspend a ABC license for such trivial stuff because they generate a lot of tax revenue

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

This is easy.  Don't bring your own alcohol to a licensed facility. 

you wouldn't at a bar, restaurant, grocery store, or concert venue, so don't do it at a golf course.

Simple.  

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

36 minutes ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

This is easy.  Don't bring your own alcohol to a licensed facility. 

you wouldn't at a bar, restaurant, grocery store, or concert venue, so don't do it at a golf course.

Simple.  

While this is true in most cases there are restaurants that allow you to bring in outside alcoholic beverages.  They generally charge you a corking fee but it is allowed.  This is state and restaurant dependent but it is allowed.   

the simple answer is to simply follow the rules of the place you are playing. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I don't drink a lot when I play, but when I drink I like to drink good stuff. Most courses don't have a very good top shelf. So I will occasionally bring a little bit of what I like for days when I am there for enjoyment over shooting my best score...

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

2 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:

I don't drink a lot when I play, but when I drink I like to drink good stuff. Most courses don't have a very good top shelf. So I will occasionally bring a little bit of what I like for days when I am there for enjoyment over shooting my best score...

I don't drink any alcohol when I play unless the beverage cart girl flirts with me and then I'm pretty much obligated to buy something.

They can play old men as if we were harmonicas.

In the clubhouse, I'll have a drink or two but never more than that because I'm driving home.

I miraculously got away with too much incredibly stupid behavior as a youngster

so that my place now is to be thankful and not tempt fate.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

9 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I've never even considered bringing alcohol with me to the course as "birdie juice". I guess I'm not following hallowed traditions then???? Am I less of a golfer as a result?

No, you're not less of a golfer but you might not be having as much fun 😆.  This tradition is something the older guys I hang with here in Yuma got me into years ago... so I'm the victim here.

14 hours ago, cnosil said:

While this is true in most cases there are restaurants that allow you to bring in outside alcoholic beverages.  They generally charge you a corking fee but it is allowed.  This is state and restaurant dependent but it is allowed.   

the simple answer is to simply follow the rules of the place you are playing. 

Yep North Carolina was like that back in the day when I was growing up. It was called  "Brown Bagging" and was legal then. The restaurant would let you bring in your liquor etc and charge a fee for chasers and Ice etc. Ever so often especially in the election years " Liquor by the drink" would come up and the Baptists would raise a stink and it would be defeated. I do not know now per say because I have not lived there in over 40 years now. I do know in NC they still have dry counties. Cabarrus county is still a dry county but Concord which is the county seat is wet and you can buy alcohol in the city. In fact they annexed Charlotte Motor Speedway into the city a few years back so they could sell beer at the races and events. In SC I am not real sure of the laws except that up until like 5 years ago we were the only state left with the mini bottles by law in bars and restaurants. Now they have free pour but some tell me you can still buy mini bottles at the liquor store. I know that for a fact because some of the guys carry mini bottles especially Fireball in their golf bags.

But I agree with you if your are in their house follow their rules. To me it makes no difference because I really do not drink anymore maybe ONE beer if I am in the mood for it which is not too often

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

11 hours ago, BostonSal said:

I don't drink any alcohol when I play unless the beverage cart girl flirts with me and then I'm pretty much obligated to buy something.

In the clubhouse, I'll have a drink or two but never more than that because I'm driving home.

Believe it or not my home course does not have a beverage cart--- The owners say that beverage carts and cart girls are a PITA--- Now their beer and drink prices are reasonable and they will give you free ice and a nice bag for free to take on the course.

And I do not really drink anymore but would not drink and drive anyhow--- My days of being a volunteer fireman and a wrecker driver seeing too many innocent lives ruined has made a mark in my mind--- Never did drink and drive when I drank but had enough stupid behavior with motor vehicles as in drag racing and such that I was lucky I did not kill myself or innocent other people. Yep I am thankful and do not tempt fate--- What appaled me when I got in the wrecker business here was the number of DUI arrests made here on a daily basis. Not only tourists but locals too. Like I told one of the Cops it just amazes me they have bill boards posted messages on TV and radio and Still people do it. That officer also told me another amazing fact for this area for everyone they catch 5 more get away with it or kill someone before they get caught. I know it was on the news here yesterday a guy some time back driving drunk on revoked license for DUI ran into a man and killed him and his young Grand daughter. He did get 22 years for it. Hope he pulls every minute of it. 

G

On 11/30/2021 at 12:15 PM, BostonSal said:

Growing up playing golf with my Father I always cringed when he and his buddies would flirt with the cart girl such that now I almost never go up to the cart when it drives by. Just an instinctual wave that I'm I don't need anything...Plus, I have a wife at home to flirt with....

I will typically grab a beer in the bar after the round if my playing partners are hanging around. Like previously said I am a bit picky on the whiskey/cocktails selection at most golf courses. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

On 12/1/2021 at 3:15 AM, BIG STU said:

Believe it or not my home course does not have a beverage cart--- The owners say that beverage carts and cart girls are a PITA--- Now their beer and drink prices are reasonable and they will give you free ice and a nice bag for free to take on the course.

And I do not really drink anymore but would not drink and drive anyhow--- My days of being a volunteer fireman and a wrecker driver seeing too many innocent lives ruined has made a mark in my mind--- Never did drink and drive when I drank but had enough stupid behavior with motor vehicles as in drag racing and such that I was lucky I did not kill myself or innocent other people. Yep I am thankful and do not tempt fate--- What appaled me when I got in the wrecker business here was the number of DUI arrests made here on a daily basis. Not only tourists but locals too. Like I told one of the Cops it just amazes me they have bill boards posted messages on TV and radio and Still people do it. That officer also told me another amazing fact for this area for everyone they catch 5 more get away with it or kill someone before they get caught. I know it was on the news here yesterday a guy some time back driving drunk on revoked license for DUI ran into a man and killed him and his young Grand daughter. He did get 22 years for it. Hope he pulls every minute of it. 

Sentences in the Palmetto State seem to be a bit topugher than they are here, but some jail time is certainly appropriate, regardless.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

Lots of good points here.  

One thing to remember is golf courses thrive on people spending money on everything besides golf.  

Carts, Food, Drinks and gear.  

Having worked on golf courses for 12 years one thing I can say is certain, people are always looking for a way to get something for free and they come in all shapes, sizes and tax brackets...

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I don't drink at all (at least not for the last 13 years).

For whatever reason, the guys i play with (regulars and randoms) at my club drink like one beer max on the course, and most don't drink at all during a round. On Sundays, there is no beverage cart either. On all other days, I rarely see the beverage cart driving around, and half the time its some dude driving the cart. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4