Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Iron choice

ForeWI

At this stage, ForeWI, it's just a matter of wanting new clubs for a fresh start.

You won't really have a strong idea of what you need until you play a little bit get and your game back on track.

All you need to do right now is pick up something that looks nice to you, if even that, and start playing a little more.

Edited by BostonSal

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

4 hours ago, ForeWI said:

Hello,

I am looking at replacing my irons which are from an adams set. I am looking at the titliest ap1 716, taylormade m2 2015, and the costs fly z. Any thoughts on the best option? I am mid 20s for handicap. Getting back into it after many years off. Thanks

Mike

They are all good sets of irons.  If you aren't going to hit them any one of them will work and it is  personal preference (looks, cost, etc).   Your best option is to hit them to see what configuration works best for you. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Look for used sets of course until you feel comfortable in your game swing and know what you need to work on. I am a little biased at this point, but check out Sub70 as they have used clubs and are a solid company with great clubs and will save you some money. Other than that, 2nd swing, rock Bottom golf something along those lines will save you money as well.  

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

You may want something along the lines of a game improvement iron to give you a bit more forgiveness, wider face and sweet spot, etc. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review