Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

HIRZL Golf Gloves

Matt Saternus

Hi--new Forum member from Jacksonville Beach FL. The Hirzl gloves are everything advertised. I just replaced my first two gloves that I received in April. Similar to the experience of a prior poster, the Kangaroo leather palms still seem almost new, but the stitching around the thumb finally started separating. Playing golf in the summer in Florida during the heat of the day, we jokingly describe how hot/humid a day is by the number of gloves we soak through a day, with a typical summer round being a 3 to 5 glove day. With the Hirzl's, its never been more than two! And they never feel like they're slipping.

Also, I concur with another poster that they run a bit large. I usually use a ML Reg, but my new Hirzl's are Medium and fit great.

The Golf Warehouse is from where I have ordered them.

Just an update from this post back in September. I am still using the same glove I started using in September--the second one I bought is still in its original packaging! Averaged 6-8 rounds a month, plus many practice sessions. Granted its not been through the summer humidity, but still pretty impressive. Looks good, has only a slight seam separation at the back of the thumb. Palm looks pristine (and I usually wear out other gloves at the heel of the palm pretty quickly).

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I got a pair last year and just never used , but then one day 2 gloves got wet, so I pulled it out, WOW its so good even in the rain, so good that every one whom I play with have all bought at least one

try it great product

+1 I simply cannot use another brand other than Hirzl anymore. By far the best gloves out there.

• 7 months later...

Hi guys,

These gloves are great! I bought one and it fit better then any other glove I have ever worn. I dint notice I was wearing them and never had a club slip in my hands. The only down side is there is no homing device in them. I lost my glove in Mrytle beach so I need to order another. After 3 months of summer golf 10-12 rounds per month there was no issues with the wear of the kangaroo leather. There was was on the seam of my index finger where the cow leather had stretched. Nothing that effected my grip or swing. They should just make the entire glove from kangaroo leather. Thank you Aussies,

• 5 months later...

This is a really good glove. If they only did away with the cabretta and made the entire glove out of ostrich it would be the best glove on the planet. The only part of the glove that is not top notch for me is the cabretta.

In agreement on buying and using these gloves.  Purchased first pair last JUL and have never looked backed.  Fit, grip are perfect for me.  Not switching to something else anytime soon.  Buying another pair

This is a really good glove. If they only did away with the cabretta and made the entire glove out of ostrich it would be the best glove on the planet. The only part of the glove that is not top notch for me is the cabretta.

You should try their new hybrid.  In essence they replaced the cabretta with a synthetic material but kept the kangaroo where it matters (I do believe its Kangaroo, not Ostrich).  I have been using the hybrid for at least 25 rounds and it still looks new, hardly a sign of wear.  2/3rds of the price as well.  

I picked up one of these yesterday based on the feedback here. I went with the TRUST Control which I found to be very comfortable and provide excellent grip. It is new, so saying a brand new glove has excellent grip isn't exactly the most useful feedback. But it's pretty tacky, no slip at all.

I like that the palm is black, which means that in a month from now I won't have a white glove on top and a nasty dingy looking palm. For me that's one of the main reasons I'd replace the glove, since I didn't typically wear holes in them. I'd just chuck them when they got nasty.

This brings me to the part of the glove I don't like. The longer the round progressed the more the logo on top of the Velcro closure fell off. First the green icon from their logo fell off, then one by one the letters peeled off. I sent an email to HIRZL about this. I got the glove because I wanted something that would last longer. If it's going to slowly come apart I'd rather go back to foot joy. If I'm going to get 2 months use out of it before the balance of the glove goes the way of the logo, the foot joy glove to me is more attractive and provides comparable grip.

Very pleased to report that communication with HIRZL was easy and painless.  A new glove was sent out (came in the mail today) and the logo falling off issue has been addressed.  

You can bet that the first thing I did was try my best to pick the logo off of the replacement, and it did not come off.  Thought you guys would like to know that their customer service was first class and stood by their product.

oh and HIRZL was featured in this weeks issue of Golf Week, which I would like to give a shout-out to PlaidJacket for turning me on to that awesome resource.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

had a pair for a month now.  loving them.

Still using the same one they sent me in April. Looks like brand new, it didn't get all stretched out like my old one, and has no holes. So far so good. Probably played 4-5 rounds with it and as many if not more range sessions.

Still using the same one they sent me in April. Looks like brand new, it didn't get all stretched out like my old one, and has no holes. So far so good. Probably played 4-5 rounds with it and as many if not more range sessions.

I'm still using the hybrid I got in January.  At least 30 rounds, little evidence of wear except for a slight tear on a knuckle.  Palm looks new.  Was a hot humid day on Saturday, downpour for two holes, used the same glove the whole round, never had to use a towel.  My cart partner went through four gloves.  Awesome product.  I'm loving the hybrid more than the regular, and I love the regular!

I just read through this thread and ordered a Trust Control off of Amazon.  I'm just hoping it's not too big.  I hate not being able to try a glove before I buy it, but I haven't seen any locally.  I'll post back on Wednesday about how the fit is compared to a couple other gloves...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

I just read through this thread and ordered a Trust Control off of Amazon.  I'm just hoping it's not too big.  I hate not being able to try a glove before I buy it, but I haven't seen any locally.  I'll post back on Wednesday about how the fit is compared to a couple other gloves...

I've been using Hirzls for a couple of years now.  I now order a size smaller, they tend to run a bit large.  Consider the cheaper Hirzl Hybrid, I now like this better than the Trust Control/Feel.

Archived