TESTERS WANTED! ×

HIRZL Golf Gloves

Matt Saternus

HIRZL Golf Gloves

Hirzl.jpg

This isn't a full review by any means, but I did want to post some thoughts on HIRZL Golf Gloves. I know that Hirzl is not a household name yet, even among equipment junkies, but I think that it should be.

First of all, there are a few things that separate Hirzl from other gloves. Most important is probably the fact that the palm is made of Kangaroo leather. It's incredibly thin and provides great feel. In addition, it's noticeably tackier than any other glove I've tried. This difference in grip becomes even greater in wet conditions: when it's wet, the Hirzl is just as tacky as it is when it's dry. End result: no need for bulky rain gloves. Finally, the back of the glove is a mixture of cabretta leather and mesh which keeps your hand nicely ventilated.

I've gotten a few rounds in with the Hirzl Trust Control glove, and I'm definitely sold. This is a BIG DEAL for me since I haven't worn any glove in two or three years. The combination of added grip without any loss of feel makes this a winner.

I will post some additional thoughts on longevity as I get more time with it, but, in the meantime, if you have a chance to check out Hirzl gloves at your local retailer I suggest you do so.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been using one of these since February and I'm in love.

Kangaroo leather - I'd never thought about it before, but now that it's been on my hand so long, I wouldn't mind covering other parts of my body with it.

This glove is definitely all it's made out to be. Each time I sweat through it and have to switch to my other gloves I'm slightly bummed out for the switch.

• SPY VIP

Picked up my first Hirzl glove last weekend. Played a round with it today. Outstanding glove. If the 5x the wear claim holds up, the glove may actually be less expensive than the FJ sciflexes I usually wear in the long run.

I'll shoot photos here at some point...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Picked up my first Hirzl glove last weekend. Played a round with it today. Outstanding glove. If the 5x the wear claim holds up, the glove may actually be less expensive than the FJ sciflexes I usually wear in the long run.

I'll shoot photos here at some point...

I love my Hirzl trust feel glove. In my experience the five times wear claim is probably true. I typically need to change gloves every 3-4 weeks, and I have been using my first Hirzl glove for about 4.5 months now without any signs of it wearing out soon. These gloves offer amazing feel, great performance in wet conditions and outstanding longevity. Currently the best glove on the market in my opinion.

Driver: Cleveland Classic Custom 9 degrees with Matrix Black Tie Stiff Shaft

3 Wood: Nike VR Pro Limited edition with Diamana Ahina X-stiff shaft

3 hybrid: Adams A12 pro (20 degrees) with RIP X-stiff shaft

4-PW: Titleist AP2 with True Tember Dynamic Gold X-300 shaft

52 degree wedge: Cleveland CG15

56 degree Wedge: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled

60 degree wedge: Cleveland 588 forged

Putter: Edel custom with Flatso mid grip

I had a friend that started using one and he feel in love with it, said it lasted him a long time very durable still might have the same glove for all I know.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

My first HIRZL Feel gloves finally died today after 10 months of service.

Amazingly the kangaroo leather palm still looks almost new - just a few more creases, and the grip is still just as good as day one, but the side cabretta leather on one of the fingers finally gave way. I have already ordered a replacement FEEL glove. I don't think I can change to something else any time soon.

D: Ping G400 Max, MRC Tensei Pro Orange 60 TX

3+w: Callaway Rogue, Aldila Synergy 60 S

3H, 4H: TBD

5i: MP18 Fli-hi, 6i-8i: MP18 SC, 9i-PW: MP18, MRC OTi 100 S

50, 55, 60: Edel 

My first HIRZL Feel gloves finally died today after 10 months of service.

Amazingly the kangaroo leather palm still looks almost new - just a few more creases, and the grip is still just as good as day one, but the side cabretta leather on one of the fingers finally gave way. I have already ordered a replacement FEEL glove. I don't think I can change to something else any time soon.

10 months? Thats AMAZING! This forum just makes me want to spend more and more money haha

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

10 months? Thats AMAZING! This forum just makes me want to spend more and more money haha

I actually saved money. I would have gone through at least three gloves in that time period.....

D: Ping G400 Max, MRC Tensei Pro Orange 60 TX

3+w: Callaway Rogue, Aldila Synergy 60 S

3H, 4H: TBD

5i: MP18 Fli-hi, 6i-8i: MP18 SC, 9i-PW: MP18, MRC OTi 100 S

50, 55, 60: Edel 

• 3 weeks later...

Bought one this week when Delta lost by golf bag -- needed something for the tourney in RI and since Delta was paying...

Usually jump around with gloves - have played Wilson's, Mizuno's (favorites), Titleists, Nikes, etc...whatever I can find a decent deal on. That said, for one round anyway, I liked the Hirzl -- is was, as they say in RI - wicked comfortable! If it lasts 10 months, it's well worth the $26 Delta payed for it.

Oh, and they bought me a new pair of True Linkswear PHX's and a dozen Wilson FG tour balls. What a great airline...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 2 months later...

From this review I got my first Hirzl glove about a month ago and I must say it works great and the quality is top notch.

The grip is amazing, especially during the wet weathers, which we've been having a lot of lately.

Now I'm recommending it to all my friends....

From this review I got my first Hirzl glove about a month ago and I must say it works great and the quality is top notch.

The grip is amazing, especially during the wet weathers, which we've been having a lot of lately.

Now I'm recommending it to all my friends....

Great to hear! Glad you're enjoying it.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I've been using HIRZL gloves since after the 2011 PGA Show. It's best if you can go to a store like Golf Galaxy and try them out as I've found that sometimes an XL in one is different from an XL in another. But once the glove fits, it's an excellent glove. I tend to prefer the feel of a Titleist Perma-Sof, but those gloves have nowhere near the durability of the HIRZL glove.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Ordered one last night after reading this. I do not typically wear a glove in the summer and have some Bionics that wear in the winter when it is really cold. I play year round. But when it is so hot I do wear one if I am sweating. Sunday, I had to wear one because the darned clubs were so hot they were uncomfortable to carry in your bare hand. Not that you could not carry them but on the 16th hole I picked up a wedge that I had laid down near the fringe and it was HOT. But just capital letters, no explaination points.:D

But I needed a new glove and ordered one of these.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

• SPY VIP

Golf Galaxy has the Hirzl gloves for $14.99.

I just bought two Trust Controls (HERE)

FFIW, I wear a cadet M/L in the FJ Sciflex and I wear a cadet Medium in the Hirzl.

So nice.

If any of you are cyclists, they also are making a new cycling glove line. I picked up a pair, but it has just been too hot to ride...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

FFIW, I wear a cadet M/L in the FJ Sciflex and I wear a cadet Medium in the Hirzl.

So nice.

If any of you are cyclists, they also are making a new cycling glove line. I picked up a pair, but it has just been too hot to ride...

Thanks for the tip Dave! I'm going to pick up two gloves today. Been wanting to try the Hirzl for a while, but I just broke out a new StaSof glove.

So nice.

Damned the luck, I thought the $19,99 was a deal, but I guess since I would have to drive almost 100 miles round trip to get it, and that was a delivered price it was a deal.

I've been wearing Hirzl for about a month now. I will never wear another glove again. Before I would sweat through a glove in six holes and need three for one round, and all 3 would be ruined in two weeks. I've worn the same Hirzl glove for at least 25 rounds in the past 4 weeks and it is just starting to get a small tear in the thumb stitching and has no sweat damage. I love it!

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

• 1 month later...

Hi--new Forum member from Jacksonville Beach FL. The Hirzl gloves are everything advertised. I just replaced my first two gloves that I received in April. Similar to the experience of a prior poster, the Kangaroo leather palms still seem almost new, but the stitching around the thumb finally started separating. Playing golf in the summer in Florida during the heat of the day, we jokingly describe how hot/humid a day is by the number of gloves we soak through a day, with a typical summer round being a 3 to 5 glove day. With the Hirzl's, its never been more than two! And they never feel like they're slipping.

Also, I concur with another poster that they run a bit large. I usually use a ML Reg, but my new Hirzl's are Medium and fit great.

The Golf Warehouse is from where I have ordered them.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I used this glove in the rain on Sunday. I played 36 holes in the puring rain. I used this glove well after the point where the others were no longer of any use. However, after about 20 holes I remembered that last January I bought some Bionic gloves to use during the winter and have had them in my golf bag for 10 months. I put these on and they worked great in the rain.

The palm of the Hirzl gloves still look great.

That, sir, is commitment to the cause!

It was more than commitment it was the club championship and I lost my second match in a play off. Believe me if the Seniors would not have been out there playing in the rain we would have called it quits. However, when the 70 year olds are playing, when they clearly had nothing else to do this week, we had a hard time postponing the match.

I've had mine on for probably 50 rounds and 25 range sessions. The thumb is close to being ripped off and the entire back is a deep blue from sweat but the palm is good as new. Never has a golf glove lasted me close to this long. Normally it would take 3 gloves to get through a hot summer round and every 20 rounds or so I'd have to buy 3 new gloves. Not with Hirzl!

Welcome to the forum JBPF, hope you enjoy MGS!

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to buying a HIRZL Control glove the other day. I immediately went out for 9 holes thinking I'd have the course to myself. Oddly enough it was crowded on a Tuesday at 1pm. Plus it was raining the whole time.

Anyway, these gloves absolutely live up to the hype, I didn't have any grip problems at all with it. I was alternating between the HIRZL and my FootJoy, but the FootJoy eventually got put away because there just was no need for it.

Thanks MGS for these reviews, I don't think I would have ever tried them out if it weren't for this site.

I live in Bergen on the west coast of Norway. We get a lot of rain - 242 days every year are wet. Hirzl is the most popular glove for serious golfers in Bergen, and you´ll never get a better reference than that!

There´s a story behind Hirzl. The original glove is called Nomis. The people behind that glove went in separate directions and developed competing products - Hrizl and Skirrow. They´re in court here in Norway, I have no idea of status in the case.

I´ve used both Hirzl and Skirrow. Similar products, both are excellent. Was supposed to write a review on Skirrow for my magazine but wasn´t allowed to because of the Hirzl vs. Skirrow issue.

Rick, what do ya think of the glove? I normally wear a Titleist Perma-Soft, though from July-Sept I wear the Foot Joy Rain Glove as my regular glove due to my sweating and the glove gets tackier the wetter it gets, though it's not nearly as thin as the leather gloves. Based on Ice's & R3J's comments, it's obviously a very durable glove.

Thoughts?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I do not wear a glove everytime I play. Since I play everyday, I was going through at least one glove a month. And I noticed that my left hand was considerably lighter than my right hand because it was not getting the same amount of sun. Over a year ago, I went to a larger grip and put additional tape under it. Everyone who picks up one of my clubs comments about how good the grips feel.

As an asside, I have found that the ulitmate amount of tape for me is this. 2" wide masking tape and I start at the butt of the shaft and wrap around it 3 times. I then, right next to that put 5, then 6, then 7,and last 8 wraps of tape. Since a grip is 10 1/2 inches, and the tape is 2 inches wide there are 5 seperate wraps. I use a Mid Tour Wrap grip and this amount of tape significantly reduces the taper on the shaft. This not only quiets the hands as the Jumbo Max grip commercial claims, it also reduced the calluses. (I thought about using Jumbo Max, but Tour Wraps are $3 ea. and tape is $3 a roll, and I can do a set for less than the cost of two Jumbos.) The only calluses I have now are on my left index and my right ring finger. I use electrical tape, because that is what I had and tried other tapes later but they did not work as well, electrical tape is rubbery. I put a couple of wraps of electrical tape around my index finger instead of wearing a glove.

I do however wear a glove when I am really sweaty. What I love about the Hirzl is that it is really thin. Unlike some of the gloves I have that feel really thick and I can tell I am wearing a golf, the Hirzl is easy to forget about. My glove is also blue from the sweat. All things told, I really like the Hirzl glove, and have gotten some good wear out of it.

With colder weather coming though I will probably wear a glove more often.

The thumb of my glove has a gaping hole in it after the three months its been. Super durable glove. I actually like the whole because it makes it much easier to text on the course.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Archived