HIRZL Golf Gloves

Hi--new Forum member from Jacksonville Beach FL. The Hirzl gloves are everything advertised. I just replaced my first two gloves that I received in April. Similar to the experience of a prior poster, the Kangaroo leather palms still seem almost new, but the stitching around the thumb finally started separating. Playing golf in the summer in Florida during the heat of the day, we jokingly describe how hot/humid a day is by the number of gloves we soak through a day, with a typical summer round being a 3 to 5 glove day. With the Hirzl's, its never been more than two! And they never feel like they're slipping.

Also, I concur with another poster that they run a bit large. I usually use a ML Reg, but my new Hirzl's are Medium and fit great.

The Golf Warehouse is from where I have ordered them.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used this glove in the rain on Sunday. I played 36 holes in the puring rain. I used this glove well after the point where the others were no longer of any use. However, after about 20 holes I remembered that last January I bought some Bionic gloves to use during the winter and have had them in my golf bag for 10 months. I put these on and they worked great in the rain.

The palm of the Hirzl gloves still look great.

Driver:      :taylormade-small:  SIM2 Max 9° -2° on Fujikura VENTUS Blue 5S

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190 5w  On Fujikura VENTUS Blue 6s

:ping-small:  G425MAX 7w  Flat on Project X Hzrdus Yellow 

:ping-small:  G425MAX  9w  Flat on Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:     :ping-small:  G425MAX  6 H and 7H Flat on UST ProForce V2 

Irons:     :benhogan-small: ICON Black 7-P on UST Recoil SmacWrap 760

Wedges: :benhogan-small: Equalizer II Black 50°, 54° & 60° on UST Recoil SmacWrap 760

Putter:    :EVNROLL: ER5B

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  

Range Finder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

That, sir, is commitment to the cause!

It was more than commitment it was the club championship and I lost my second match in a play off. Believe me if the Seniors would not have been out there playing in the rain we would have called it quits. However, when the 70 year olds are playing, when they clearly had nothing else to do this week, we had a hard time postponing the match.

Wedges: :benhogan-small: Equalizer II Black 50°, 54° & 60° on UST Recoil SmacWrap 760

I've had mine on for probably 50 rounds and 25 range sessions. The thumb is close to being ripped off and the entire back is a deep blue from sweat but the palm is good as new. Never has a golf glove lasted me close to this long. Normally it would take 3 gloves to get through a hot summer round and every 20 rounds or so I'd have to buy 3 new gloves. Not with Hirzl!

Welcome to the forum JBPF, hope you enjoy MGS!

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to buying a HIRZL Control glove the other day. I immediately went out for 9 holes thinking I'd have the course to myself. Oddly enough it was crowded on a Tuesday at 1pm. Plus it was raining the whole time.

Anyway, these gloves absolutely live up to the hype, I didn't have any grip problems at all with it. I was alternating between the HIRZL and my FootJoy, but the FootJoy eventually got put away because there just was no need for it.

Thanks MGS for these reviews, I don't think I would have ever tried them out if it weren't for this site.

I live in Bergen on the west coast of Norway. We get a lot of rain - 242 days every year are wet. Hirzl is the most popular glove for serious golfers in Bergen, and you´ll never get a better reference than that!

There´s a story behind Hirzl. The original glove is called Nomis. The people behind that glove went in separate directions and developed competing products - Hrizl and Skirrow. They´re in court here in Norway, I have no idea of status in the case.

I´ve used both Hirzl and Skirrow. Similar products, both are excellent. Was supposed to write a review on Skirrow for my magazine but wasn´t allowed to because of the Hirzl vs. Skirrow issue.

Rick, what do ya think of the glove? I normally wear a Titleist Perma-Soft, though from July-Sept I wear the Foot Joy Rain Glove as my regular glove due to my sweating and the glove gets tackier the wetter it gets, though it's not nearly as thin as the leather gloves. Based on Ice's & R3J's comments, it's obviously a very durable glove.

Thoughts?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I do not wear a glove everytime I play. Since I play everyday, I was going through at least one glove a month. And I noticed that my left hand was considerably lighter than my right hand because it was not getting the same amount of sun. Over a year ago, I went to a larger grip and put additional tape under it. Everyone who picks up one of my clubs comments about how good the grips feel.

As an asside, I have found that the ulitmate amount of tape for me is this. 2" wide masking tape and I start at the butt of the shaft and wrap around it 3 times. I then, right next to that put 5, then 6, then 7,and last 8 wraps of tape. Since a grip is 10 1/2 inches, and the tape is 2 inches wide there are 5 seperate wraps. I use a Mid Tour Wrap grip and this amount of tape significantly reduces the taper on the shaft. This not only quiets the hands as the Jumbo Max grip commercial claims, it also reduced the calluses. (I thought about using Jumbo Max, but Tour Wraps are $3 ea. and tape is $3 a roll, and I can do a set for less than the cost of two Jumbos.) The only calluses I have now are on my left index and my right ring finger. I use electrical tape, because that is what I had and tried other tapes later but they did not work as well, electrical tape is rubbery. I put a couple of wraps of electrical tape around my index finger instead of wearing a glove.

I do however wear a glove when I am really sweaty. What I love about the Hirzl is that it is really thin. Unlike some of the gloves I have that feel really thick and I can tell I am wearing a golf, the Hirzl is easy to forget about. My glove is also blue from the sweat. All things told, I really like the Hirzl glove, and have gotten some good wear out of it.

With colder weather coming though I will probably wear a glove more often.

The thumb of my glove has a gaping hole in it after the three months its been. Super durable glove. I actually like the whole because it makes it much easier to text on the course.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

• 5 months later...

Hi--new Forum member from Jacksonville Beach FL. The Hirzl gloves are everything advertised. I just replaced my first two gloves that I received in April. Similar to the experience of a prior poster, the Kangaroo leather palms still seem almost new, but the stitching around the thumb finally started separating. Playing golf in the summer in Florida during the heat of the day, we jokingly describe how hot/humid a day is by the number of gloves we soak through a day, with a typical summer round being a 3 to 5 glove day. With the Hirzl's, its never been more than two! And they never feel like they're slipping.

Also, I concur with another poster that they run a bit large. I usually use a ML Reg, but my new Hirzl's are Medium and fit great.

The Golf Warehouse is from where I have ordered them.

Just an update from this post back in September. I am still using the same glove I started using in September--the second one I bought is still in its original packaging! Averaged 6-8 rounds a month, plus many practice sessions. Granted its not been through the summer humidity, but still pretty impressive. Looks good, has only a slight seam separation at the back of the thumb. Palm looks pristine (and I usually wear out other gloves at the heel of the palm pretty quickly).

I got a pair last year and just never used , but then one day 2 gloves got wet, so I pulled it out, WOW its so good even in the rain, so good that every one whom I play with have all bought at least one

try it great product

I got a pair last year and just never used , but then one day 2 gloves got wet, so I pulled it out, WOW its so good even in the rain, so good that every one whom I play with have all bought at least one

try it great product

+1 I simply cannot use another brand other than Hirzl anymore. By far the best gloves out there.

• 7 months later...

Hi guys,

These gloves are great! I bought one and it fit better then any other glove I have ever worn. I dint notice I was wearing them and never had a club slip in my hands. The only down side is there is no homing device in them. I lost my glove in Mrytle beach so I need to order another. After 3 months of summer golf 10-12 rounds per month there was no issues with the wear of the kangaroo leather. There was was on the seam of my index finger where the cow leather had stretched. Nothing that effected my grip or swing. They should just make the entire glove from kangaroo leather. Thank you Aussies,

• 5 months later...

This is a really good glove. If they only did away with the cabretta and made the entire glove out of ostrich it would be the best glove on the planet. The only part of the glove that is not top notch for me is the cabretta.

In agreement on buying and using these gloves.  Purchased first pair last JUL and have never looked backed.  Fit, grip are perfect for me.  Not switching to something else anytime soon.  Buying another pair

This is a really good glove. If they only did away with the cabretta and made the entire glove out of ostrich it would be the best glove on the planet. The only part of the glove that is not top notch for me is the cabretta.

You should try their new hybrid.  In essence they replaced the cabretta with a synthetic material but kept the kangaroo where it matters (I do believe its Kangaroo, not Ostrich).  I have been using the hybrid for at least 25 rounds and it still looks new, hardly a sign of wear.  2/3rds of the price as well.  

I picked up one of these yesterday based on the feedback here. I went with the TRUST Control which I found to be very comfortable and provide excellent grip. It is new, so saying a brand new glove has excellent grip isn't exactly the most useful feedback. But it's pretty tacky, no slip at all.

I like that the palm is black, which means that in a month from now I won't have a white glove on top and a nasty dingy looking palm. For me that's one of the main reasons I'd replace the glove, since I didn't typically wear holes in them. I'd just chuck them when they got nasty.

This brings me to the part of the glove I don't like. The longer the round progressed the more the logo on top of the Velcro closure fell off. First the green icon from their logo fell off, then one by one the letters peeled off. I sent an email to HIRZL about this. I got the glove because I wanted something that would last longer. If it's going to slowly come apart I'd rather go back to foot joy. If I'm going to get 2 months use out of it before the balance of the glove goes the way of the logo, the foot joy glove to me is more attractive and provides comparable grip.

Very pleased to report that communication with HIRZL was easy and painless.  A new glove was sent out (came in the mail today) and the logo falling off issue has been addressed.  

You can bet that the first thing I did was try my best to pick the logo off of the replacement, and it did not come off.  Thought you guys would like to know that their customer service was first class and stood by their product.

oh and HIRZL was featured in this weeks issue of Golf Week, which I would like to give a shout-out to PlaidJacket for turning me on to that awesome resource.

• 4 weeks later...