Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titleist TSI drivers...

therod

Ok, I have another recent post about my trip to a PGA SS demoing new drivers. I don't have the launch monitor numbers, but the difference in total distance was astounding. The TSI3 was 20 yards longer in total distance than the TM, Tour Edge, or Launcher Lite I hit. I didn't see a TSI2 in the store, but I'm wondering, since the TSI2 is supposed to be the forgiving model, and the TSI3 is supposed to be the players model, and I wasn't able to hit the 2 in the store, how much difference is there in length between the 2 models? I didn't see launch and spin numbers on the screen, I only caught total distances for the clubs I was hitting. I am planning to go back, maybe tomorrow, to hit a 2 if they have a lefty, and maybe also hit a Ping since I haven't hit one in years. I was just wondering if anyone has hit both a TSI2 and a TSI3, and what the differences were between the 2 in actual performance vs what the info Titleist puts out is. I'm guessing since the 2 is the more forgiving model, it will be higher launching and spinning. I'm not a high trajectory or a high spin guy, and I'm hitting my Cobra F9 280-285 with a black ProLaunch in it. But I really liked the TSI3 I hit last week, and I was a Titleist driver guy years ago, owning a 975 and a 983 back when they were as good as anything out there. Anyone have experience hitting both the TSI2 and the TSI3?

2 minutes ago, therod said:

Ok, I have another recent post about my trip to a PGA SS demoing new drivers. I don't have the launch monitor numbers, but the difference in total distance was astounding. The TSI3 was 20 yards longer in total distance than the TM, Tour Edge, or Launcher Lite I hit. I didn't see a TSI2 in the store, but I'm wondering, since the TSI2 is supposed to be the forgiving model, and the TSI3 is supposed to be the players model, and I wasn't able to hit the 2 in the store, how much difference is there in length between the 2 models? I didn't see launch and spin numbers on the screen, I only caught total distances for the clubs I was hitting. I am planning to go back, maybe tomorrow, to hit a 2 if they have a lefty, and maybe also hit a Ping since I haven't hit one in years. I was just wondering if anyone has hit both a TSI2 and a TSI3, and what the differences were between the 2 in actual performance vs what the info Titleist puts out is. I'm guessing since the 2 is the more forgiving model, it will be higher launching and spinning. I'm not a high trajectory or a high spin guy, and I'm hitting my Cobra F9 280-285 with a black ProLaunch in it. But I really liked the TSI3 I hit last week, and I was a Titleist driver guy years ago, owning a 975 and a 983 back when they were as good as anything out there. Anyone have experience hitting both the TSI2 and the TSI3?

I have hit both.  Like any club, the design and looks will influence how you as an individual will deliver the club into the ball. Those influences will ultimately determine your performance.   In general performance should be about the same; it will come down to how the club performs when you miss hit the ball.   Why not add the Tsi1 to your list since it is the driver Nellie Korda uses.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have a buddy who hit both tsi drivers and the numbers were similar across both for launch, spin and the resulting launch characteristics. 

The “forgiveness” of a driver like you mention of higher launch and spin may not work for a person. Launch, spin and how they impact apex, land angle are all determined by how the golfer delivers the club. Someone who produces a higher spin shot isn’t going to benefit from a driver that is designed to help launch the ball and thus a driver that has a design for lower spin and lunch is going to be more forgiving because the numbers are going to be more optimized.

If you aren’t looking at dynamic loft, launch, spin, apex/peak height, land/descend angle and only looking at the driver that goes the longest in total yards then you are potentially setting yourself up for unfavorable results on the course. If a driver is producing low spin numbers but is going significantly further than other drivers with higher spin numbers then you could have a club that produces unplayable shots on the course because it’s not staying in the air due to lack of spin. The side to side dispersion could be worse than expected.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 3 months later...

I spent a couple hours at the local PGA Superstore this week hitting multiple drivers. I ended up getting a TSI3. Numbers on the monitor were as good if not better than the others, and the slight adjustment with the weight was enough to give me great launch and flight numbers. Distances were very similar, but I had a smaller landing area and reduced dispersion with the TSI3 when I moved the weight 1 spot on the sole. My question is does anyone know, or can anyone tell me where to find, the MOI for the TSI3? I have several numbers for other drivers. I went to the Titleist web page looking, and even chatted with someone on the site. But all she wanted to tell was how their engineers tweaked the head shape to improve aerodynamics. And all I wanted was an MOI number. Can anyone tell me where to find it? Or does anyone have it? I know it doesn't really matter since I already bought it, but I am still curious. Thanks!

As posted yesterday in the "bought lately" thread... I picked up the TSi3 yesterday and quickly put it into play last night.  Honeymoon being as it is... I am hesitant to say this... but... I can say as good as it felt during my "in store" session... it OUT performed that session on the course.  Honestly... when thinking of a word to describe it... all I can come up with is SOLID.  Best driving round in recent memory, and better performance than my previous gamer(s).  I was getting lower ball flight and obviously less spin based on my roll-out... and I was straight!  I have the weight pegged in the draw bias position, so that helps... but first impression... LOVE IT.  Now I'm wondering about my fairways... which I love... but this driver was so impressive, I have to at least consider the matching 3W... yes... I have a problem.  I will be updating my profile to include this TSi3 shortly.  Another win for the Most Wanted... I included this driver in my new driver consideration because of the recent MGS Driver tests.  @MGS 👍

Edited by Tiftaaft
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Another tip of the cap to the TSI drivers since they did so well in both 2021 and 2022 most wanted testing. I've ordered some extra weights for my TSI3 and will try using 2 weights, with 1 on the heel side and one on the toe side, more for the extra weight and feel because I play my driver at 44" than anything else. 

I've hit both the TSI3 and TSI2.  I already had a Mavrik SZ that I hit well so it was more for the fun of trying new clubs.  I found the TSI3 to be a bit longer with less spin and a lower ball flight.  Dispersion was pretty good with both, but I'd probably give a slight nod to TSI2.  Honestly, they were exactly as advertised.  I really enjoyed the TSI3 drivers and have contemplated adding one to replace.  

At this point in the product cycle, I think I'm going to wait for the new driver to come out later this year.  If I hit that one similar to TSI3, I may pick that up at discount.  It just depends if I continue to drive it like I am now, I am not in a rush to change what is working fairly well.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

36 holes over the weekend.... LOVING the TSi3!   A few bad swings (that's on me, not the driver) but I am more consistent with this driver... and longer, than my previous two gamers (PXG 0811x Proto and Srixon ZX7.) which I really enjoyed both... but something about this TSi3....!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

I picked up the TSi3 in the fall based on the recommendation of my fitter and the numbers we were able to get with it.  He had fitted my for my 917D2 (Fujikura Speeder Pro 64) and with the new one he put me in the Fujikura Speeder 661 Tour Rated Shaft and it was ten yards longer than my 917 which was one of the best I had hit.  I also had the 917F 15* and was happy with it but got the TSi2 16.5* and getting more distance with it with the exact same shaft.  The TSi heads are exceptional clubs.  For a super senior (75) the Fujikura Speeder shafts are perfect for me and my TSi's.    

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

• 2 weeks later...

Still wish I could find the MOI # for the TSI3. I even tried the Titleist web page 2xs, chatting with whoever you get when cruising their website. And no one has been able to give me an MOI # yet. Is it life or death? No, of course not. I would just really like to know. End of rant.

• 4 months later...
On 4/5/2022 at 8:24 AM, therod said:

Still wish I could find the MOI # for the TSI3. I even tried the Titleist web page 2xs, chatting with whoever you get when cruising their website. And no one has been able to give me an MOI # yet. Is it life or death? No, of course not. I would just really like to know. End of rant.

Have done some research and cannot find an actual number.  May or may not exist.  The acronym "MOI" stands for "moment of inertia," and in golf MOI is a measurement of a club's resistance to twisting. It also applies to golf balls.  

• 2 months later...

So I acquired a TSI3 back in the spring. I did a PGA SS fitting. the odd part of the fitting was I only hit that 1 driver. That particular day, I was swinging it well and hitting it well. And the TSI3 gave me some impressive numbers. I loved how it felt and I didn't figure I could find anything that would go much farther than it anyway. I still probably wouldn't find anything much longer. My problem now, because I played less golf this summer than I have in over 20 years, is that I don't hit it near as well. Or near as well as I did at the fitting. Because I have several shafts with the right adapter, I think I'm going to go get a used TSI2. With the new TSRs coming out, I can probably get a good deal on a used TSI2. I finally found some info on the MOI #s, and I think the TSI2 # is higher enough that I am going to give it a try. At the very least, I think the 2 will at least be a little more forgiving than the 3. And if I read some of the online stuff I saw right, a # of their touring pros are also using the 2 instead of the 3. We'll see, but at least for now, I am window shopping for a TSI2...

I know several tour players are using the TSR2 as they bettered the shape of it more to their liking. I think it is interesting between the 2. I went with TSI3 because I am a tinkerer and like to play around a little bit. Plus with some work and off season swing changes the ability to move the weight around should help the club work regardless and also help me get the shot shape I am looking for vs the slightly higher MOI of the TSi2. 

For me at least I think forgiveness can come in two ways. There is the straight up MOI number, which is great. However if I can essentially take one side of the course out of play for a miss I would consider that more forgiving due to its adjustability. 

That being said my first time on the range with the TSi3 was bad! Like really bad. The deal was too good to pass up and the shaft was a inch long so I took that home and cut it down to size and put my own grip on it. I'll go back tomorrow and go through the motions and maybe then I can see if I can find the results I am looking for. However the club looks wonderful and may be the best sounding and feeling driver I have ever hit. Period.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I know several tour players are using the TSR2 as they bettered the shape of it more to their liking. I think it is interesting between the 2. I went with TSI3 because I am a tinkerer and like to play around a little bit. Plus with some work and off season swing changes the ability to move the weight around should help the club work regardless and also help me get the shot shape I am looking for vs the slightly higher MOI of the TSi2. 

For me at least I think forgiveness can come in two ways. There is the straight up MOI number, which is great. However if I can essentially take one side of the course out of play for a miss I would consider that more forgiving due to its adjustability. 

That being said my first time on the range with the TSi3 was bad! Like really bad. The deal was too good to pass up and the shaft was a inch long so I took that home and cut it down to size and put my own grip on it. I'll go back tomorrow and go through the motions and maybe then I can see if I can find the results I am looking for. However the club looks wonderful and may be the best sounding and feeling driver I have ever hit. Period.

You're a bad influence.... because of this post I just looked up TSi3's on eBay.... there are some selling for less than $300!!! That has to be one of the best values in drivers on the market.

Why do you do this to me?  I'm happy with my Epic Max LS.  I really am! 🤣

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

You're a bad influence.... because of this post I just looked up TSi3's on eBay.... there are some selling for less than $300!!! That has to be one of the best values in drivers on the market.

You keep telling yourself that, expect to see you in the club ho thread soon

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

10 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

You keep telling yourself that, expect to see you in the club ho thread soon

...there's still a few weeks in the season for me to "break it in" before next Spring too! 🙃

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

15 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

...there's still a few weeks in the season for me to "break it in" before next Spring too! 🙃

Yes there is, playing on Sunday

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Due to a manufacturing defect on my new TSR3 (Titleist Customer Service is top notch by the way), my TSi3 went back into the bag on Sunday.  Feels like I gave up a yard or two in distance, but I was deadly accurate with the TSi3... just like old times (a few days ago..haha).  That driver below $300!?!  Steal!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

28 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Due to a manufacturing defect on my new TSR3 (Titleist Customer Service is top notch by the way), my TSi3 went back into the bag on Sunday.  Feels like I gave up a yard or two in distance, but I was deadly accurate with the TSi3... just like old times (a few days ago..haha).  That driver below $300!?!  Steal!

Can a mod issue a warning point to another mod? I even saw one with an AD-DI for around $400... bonkers! 

20 hours ago, therod said:

So I acquired a TSI3 back in the spring. I did a PGA SS fitting. the odd part of the fitting was I only hit that 1 driver. That particular day, I was swinging it well and hitting it well. And the TSI3 gave me some impressive numbers. I loved how it felt and I didn't figure I could find anything that would go much farther than it anyway. I still probably wouldn't find anything much longer. My problem now, because I played less golf this summer than I have in over 20 years, is that I don't hit it near as well. Or near as well as I did at the fitting. Because I have several shafts with the right adapter, I think I'm going to go get a used TSI2. With the new TSRs coming out, I can probably get a good deal on a used TSI2. I finally found some info on the MOI #s, and I think the TSI2 # is higher enough that I am going to give it a try. At the very least, I think the 2 will at least be a little more forgiving than the 3. And if I read some of the online stuff I saw right, a # of their touring pros are also using the 2 instead of the 3. We'll see, but at least for now, I am window shopping for a TSI2...

With a little patience and some good alarms, you can like me catch a TSi2 for the incredible office of just over $200. I've seen 197 to 220 lately. I did some careful watching and since the shaft didn't matter I landed mine at $205 before shipping and taxes. That put me just over $250 total. What's seems strange is you will see heads only go for as much if not more than those with shaft. Also seen a few 3s go at that price just a little further between. I can't say enough about the TSi2, it's a game changer for me and has really improved my accuracy and distance. So no brainer there on my choice 

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 project x LZ 60 6.0 handcrafted shaft

CallawayEpic Flash 3 wood

Callaway Big Bertha 3H

Titleist 818H2 4H

Callaway Big Bertha 19' irons 4-AW

Titleist SM7 Jet black with TT onyx black s400 shaft 50°

Callaway MD4 black 54° sand wedge

Callaway PM19 60° tour grey

Odyssey Toulon San Diego putter

1592935174442966599406225697326.jpg

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I even saw one with an AD-DI for around $400

That is a $2-300 shaft... crazy price!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

What if I told you I got mine with a headcover in near mint condition (seriously amazing condition) for under $200 :

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Just now, GolfSpy_APH said:

What if I told you I got mine with a headcover in near mint condition (seriously amazing condition) for under $200 :

I'd say thats a spectacular deal... but you're a lefty... so its boom or bust for you on finding equipment deals! lol

The temptation to have the whole mod team repping Titleist TSi/R products is getting a little more real tho.... we'd have to convert @Golfspy_Lukes too.

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I got called a name earlier by @GolfSpy_BOS... I think that moniker now belongs to you @GolfSpy_APH  🤣

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I'd say thats a spectacular deal... but you're a lefty... so its boom or bust for you on finding equipment deals! lol

The temptation to have the whole mod team repping Titleist TSi/R products is getting a little more real tho.... we'd have to convert @Golfspy_Lukes too.

https://www.golfclubs4cash.co.uk/collections/driver/titleist+right

They also have a 15% off right now till end of October!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

https://www.golfclubs4cash.co.uk/collections/driver/titleist+right

They also have a 15% off right now till end of October!

Yup @Golfspy_TCB.... Jamie is now the filthy enabler!   Good thing thats a UK site. 🤣

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Yup @Golfspy_TCB.... Jamie is now the filthy enabler!   Good thing thats a UK site. 🤣

They deliver. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Checked out the site and like the fact that they give you all the ways to look for counterfeits.  I have given a lot of advice about not buying clubs online, especially Titleist equipment.  It is always risky, but on the surface, seems legit.  Good return policy.  Best advice when looking at the price of a used club.  Go to PGAValueguide.com and see what the resale price is.  That is the blue book for golf clubs.  It will give you the trade in value but you have to look a little closer for the resale value.  You always want to second guess yourself when you buy a second hand club.  

On 10/15/2022 at 8:30 AM, jstone said:

Maxfli balls rule.  And they're "whiter" than Titleist.  That's one thing about top dog Titleist that irks me to no end, their white is very weak & almost muted compared to the rest of the market. Possibly one of the darkest whites out there.  Maxfli all day any day.

I hit the TSi3 ok, but this was a rough year for me having time to play much golf. Since the TSi3 is the model with the lower MOI, I bought a slightly used TSi2 head on ebay, mostly because I want to see if the higher MOI will be noticeable. I'm shorter than the average bear, with short arms and legs. And I play my driver at 44". We'll see if it works any better for me. Odds are, if it launches any higher than the TSi3, it will be both longer and more forgiving. I'm not really worried about gaining distance, but some extra forgiveness when I hit it a little thin or a little towards the toe should be good for me. Hopefully I'll get to find out this weekend. My TSi3 isn't going anywhere, so I can always go back to it if I want or need to. 

20 hours ago, therod said:

I hit the TSi3 ok, but this was a rough year for me having time to play much golf. Since the TSi3 is the model with the lower MOI, I bought a slightly used TSi2 head on ebay, mostly because I want to see if the higher MOI will be noticeable. I'm shorter than the average bear, with short arms and legs. And I play my driver at 44". We'll see if it works any better for me. Odds are, if it launches any higher than the TSi3, it will be both longer and more forgiving. I'm not really worried about gaining distance, but some extra forgiveness when I hit it a little thin or a little towards the toe should be good for me. Hopefully I'll get to find out this weekend. My TSi3 isn't going anywhere, so I can always go back to it if I want or need to. 

I like your thinking! Never a bad thing to have a couple backups just in case something happens along the way or that your swing changes. I will say my tsi3 has really outdone itself in the most recent round. It has been such a dream to not have to worry about hooking it off the planet and still be able to really go after the ball. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW