Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Purchases that have made a difference

Plumbob

I would say it’s a push cart or stand bag. The stand bag forced me to start walking which was good for not only my golf game but my overall health. I always tell beginners if they want to eliminate the dumb shots start walking. It’s what I did, if your walking in 75-85 degree weather and playing left right golf it will be miserable. By walking I cut down in a lot of dumb mistakes and it forced me to really hone in my skill or else the steps would add up. The push cart just made it a bit easier to walk and took the stress off my bag at the end of the round. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

5 hours ago, MacMan said:

100% agree!

My Bushnell Shadow GPS is good if I'm playing a new course perhaps, but is inaccurate on 5 of 18 on my home course. 

Rangefinder is way better on approach shots, mainly due for me to pin placement. 📌 

Our 14th Par 3 can play 60yds different depending on which tee box, front or back, i.e. 145yds up to 205yds pin front to back... used anything from a 5 wood to a 7 iron? 

Thanks, I was hoping someone with a rangefinder with GPS would share a comparison. Even worse than I was guessing, but I went laser a few years ago and I’d never rely on GPS again. I use my GPS watch to keep score/stats and distance to hazards occasionally, my rangefinder whenever I need an accurate distance, on average less than 18 times a round - 5 to 10 seconds each time (often while waiting for someone else anyway).

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Part 1- I was always an off the rack player but getting fitted two yrs ago for the 1st time was an eye opener. I’m currently playing a split set of Mizuno MP 20’s HMB/MMC. A professional fitting was a game changer. 
Part 2 was a driver fitting at C.C.  I was recommended for a Titleist TSi2 with an Accra shaft. Price tag $900+. I was NOT ready to drop that kind of money on one club. On a whim I bought a Steadfast golf shaft after seeing an ad on Facebook. It was $75. Figured it was worth the gamble. It paid off beyond my wildest expectations. I’ve driven the ball the longest and straightest ever in my life. I’ve gotten into single digits and couldn’t be happier. 
Update to part 2- I did another driver fitting at CC yesterday. Despite 5 different heads and 6 shafts (and all combinations) we were unable to get a set up that surpassed what I’m currently hitting now. Go figure?

Titleist TSi3 driver, 9.5 Tensei AV Raw White Stiff

Titleist TSi2 3 wood Tensei AV Raw White Stiff

Mizuno 2018 CLK 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-7 iron, MMC 8-PW

Mizuno T-20 50 deg gap wedge

Callaway Jaws 54 and 58 deg wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab One putter

4 minutes ago, Eric K said:

I did another driver fitting at CC yesterday. Despite 5 different heads and 6 shafts (and all combinations) we were unable to get a set up that surpassed what I’m currently hitting now. Go figure?

... The best thing is finding a new shaft that gives you improved accuracy and distance and it is a great reason to get fit. Finding out your current set up is as good as it gets is a very close second. Both well worth the cost of a fitting. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x