Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Looking for help with school project

So is the product just a sticker to put over high wear areas of a glove?

• Driver-  Ping G410 Plus 9*
  • Fairway- Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3 Wood 16.5*
  • Hybrid- Tour Edge Hot Launch C521 19* & 22* 
  • Irons-PXG 0211 DC, 5-GW
  • Wedges-  Sub70 286 54* & Sub70 JB 58*
  • Putter- PXG Battle Ready Mustang 
  • Ball- Snell MTB-X Maxfli Tour X
  • Grips- Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize
  • Bag- Ping Hoofer USA Edition 
  • Arccos 

If you could come up with a way to wash / clean a Cabretta leather glove that would be a better project. As soon as the leather glove dries it gets hard as cardboard. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

16 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

If you could come up with a way to wash / clean a Cabretta leather glove that would be a better project. As soon as the leather glove dries it gets hard as cardboard. 

This was exactly my feedback.  If you can't solve a glove getting crusty then this is almost a moot point.  Around the same time my glove wears out it gets the holes. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

Same feedback from me as Tom & Den.  By the time my glove gets a hole it's not worthwhile trying to rescue it.  You also might find that the best way to increase the life of a glove is to teach people not to clamp down with a death grip and to have a pair of them so you can swap out when one starts to get soaked during a round. 

A nice idea might be along the lines of something that attaches to you bag that helps properly dry out a glove.  I've even found that putting the glove back into the sleeve it comes in after use seems to increase it's life.  I'm guessing that this has to do with the sleeve/card stock wicking moisture away with the glove properly laid in a position where there aren't going to be any spots that stay soaked -- Think drying a balled up sock vs. one that's fully straight.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

4 hours ago, Syks7 said:

A nice idea might be along the lines of something that attaches to you bag that helps properly dry out a glove.  I've even found that putting the glove back into the sleeve it comes in after use seems to increase it's life.  I'm guessing that this has to do with the sleeve/card stock wicking moisture away with the glove properly laid in a position where there aren't going to be any spots that stay soaked -- Think drying a balled up sock vs. one that's fully straight.

In the ski industry, they have boot and glove dryers, so comparable items are out there. In fact, there are travel boot-dryers that plug into a wall outlet. And my playing partners have phone holders that lock into the cart's cup-holders. So it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility to combine them into a portable glove dryer that locks into a golf cart's cup holder and plugs into the cart's or a portable charger's usb outlet. 

Boot/glove dryer: https://www.rei.com/product/122977/dryguy-force-dry-boot-shoe-and-glove-dryer?sku=1229770001&store=81&cm_mmc=PLA_Google|21700000001700551_1229770001|92700057788083385|NB|71700000074091924&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-qGNBhD3ARIsAO_o7ynrInqMtOvdHNb9LmL2bqUHfIWnY688GRFOE4X4qcp4-zhU82vybU8aAms7EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Cup Holder Phone mount: https://www.weathertech.com/weathertech-cupfone/cupfone/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-qGNBhD3ARIsAO_o7ymgt_yJFs02h59wJY6o7Enr5ScSrrtMgHz9bHrjRwKAiTO3i_nV8_8aAqdzEALw_wcB

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

• 3 months later...

Could you please share the results of the survey ? Great school project, by the way. I wish I had this kind of projects as well. But, unfortunately, at the university I am just solving equations and write essays. I actually hate both of these, especially the essays. The last essay I have written was pretty good, but the teacher didn't like it at all and I had to use https://edubirdie.com/rewrite-my-essay to rewrite it. Omg, why can't I do some interesting stuff, and have to write these essays instead of it ???

Edited by meganblake81sz
  • 6 months later...
On 4/2/2022 at 9:57 PM, meganblake81sz said:

Might you at any point if it's not too much trouble, share the aftereffects of the review ? Incredible school project, incidentally. I hope everything turns out great for I had this sort of undertakings as. However, tragically, at the college I'm simply tackling conditions and compose expositions. I really disdain both of these, particularly the papers. The last paper I have composed was very great, however the educator could have done without it by any means and I needed to utilize https://www.bestessayservicereviews.com/ to revise it. Omg, for what reason might I at any point do some fascinating stuff, and need to compose these expositions rather than it ???

Thanks a lot for help!

Edited by dgrey387