Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Taylormade Stealth Drivers

BodeenJCS

Just a heads up , My local driving range and club fitter told me that the taylormade rep stopped by yesterday ( I wasnt there ) with the new Taylormade Stealth Driver for 2022 . It has a carbon graphite face ( no titanium ) and its black and red with a matching black and red ventus shaft that the owner there described as really neat ... He was also allowed to hit a few ... He was impressed ... Why he didnt call me and take a few pics is not nice ...lol  Apparently the crown is painted and the carbon is not noticeable and the reveal is coming early January 2022 ...

Edited by BodeenJCS

Thank you for sharing... Typically carbon graphite is not as durable as titanium, if this is true I would be interested to see how Taylormade make sure the face is durable.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Yep, in the Golfwrx thread on this topic, i already have made the commitment to purchase this new driver 🤣

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

15 hours ago, jayjay0808 said:

Thank you for sharing... Typically carbon graphite is not as durable as titanium, if this is true I would be interested to see how Taylormade make sure the face is durable.

I think you need to look at other things.  Carbon Fiber is lighter so it can be thicker than titanium which should give it more strength.    All we can do is wait and see.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Yep, in the Golfwrx thread on this topic, i already have made the commitment to purchase this new driver 🤣

I'll wait and see how it performs when I do driver testing......hopefully in a couple of weeks based on one of the latest MGS instagram stories.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Looks like they are taking a page out of their 2013 Japanese Gloire release and applying the carbon fiber face to the stealth driver instead of using a titanium face.  This has to free up a TON of weight up front from the heaviest part of the face so that they can move it around to other areas of the head.  I'd bet you can really tune the performance of the face as well since you are essentially putting in layers of carbon fiber where you want to control the flex across the face.

Gloire.jpeg.13664ce7c9efdcf4d8ee78534bc57b60.jpeg

My bag is a revolving door!

8 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

Looks like they are taking a page out of their 2013 Japanese Gloire release and applying the carbon fiber face to the stealth driver instead of using a titanium face.  This has to free up a TON of weight up front from the heaviest part of the face so that they can move it around to other areas of the head.  I'd bet you can really tune the performance of the face as well since you are essentially putting in layers of carbon fiber where you want to control the flex across the face.

Gloire.jpeg.13664ce7c9efdcf4d8ee78534bc57b60.jpeg

Didn't realize that TM used carbon fiber in the face in a previous model, thanks for the info. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Saw it on golfwrx- yeah- I'll wait for next year's model and see how this crop does first. TM is good about warranty but I'm ducking of losing 600 clams out of my pocket. 

:taylormade-small: SIM 9* - Hzdrus RDX Black 70

:taylormade-small: M1-3HL- Hzdrus RDX Blue 70

:callaway-small:     Steelhead 7WD RCH99

:bridgestone-small: J15 CB 4-pw C-Taper Lite

:benhogan-small:Equalizer Wedges 50*-54*-58* V- Tour

:seemore:- M3W

Not sure I’d be interested as I got a new driver this last year and am not really a TM guy. I did talk to someone who happened to hit next years Cobra driver, which I believe will go back to the LTD moniker. They said was a absolute monster. Will be interested to see how it looks and the testing goes. 

Graphite faces were tried over 25 years ago by Yonex, Yamaha and others.  Time will tell but I would not touch one in the first year.

TXG Custom Cobra F9 9.5*,  Accra 140 M2 

TXG Custom Cobra F9 14.5* , Accra 140 M2 

TXG Custom Cobra King Ltd. Black 5-wood. 17.5*, Accra 140 M2 

TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 7-wood 21*, Accra 140 M R

TXG Custom PXG 0211, 6-pw, Recoil E460 R

Callaway Jaws MD5 46*, Tour Issue DG S200 

Cleveland RTX4 55/08, Tour Issue DG S400

TXG Custom Mizuno T20, 50/07, 60/07, Nippon 950H Neo

TXG Custom Cobra King Nova, 25 gram weights, Garsen Non-Taper grip

2 hours ago, John Bachman said:

Not sure I’d be interested as I got a new driver this last year and am not really a TM guy. I did talk to someone who happened to hit next years Cobra driver, which I believe will go back to the LTD moniker. They said was a absolute monster. Will be interested to see how it looks and the testing goes. 

I have pictures of the Taylormade and the Cobra drivers up on my Instagram page if you want to see them early. 

https://www.instagram.com/rob.c.slade/

2 hours ago, rgk5 said:

Graphite faces were tried over 25 years ago by Yonex, Yamaha and others.  Time will tell but I would not touch one in the first year.

I gamed the original Callaway C4 for a couple years, some hated the sound, didn't bother me and after fitting for it, performed well. 

2 hours ago, rgk5 said:

Like I mentioned earlier, keep in mind that they started using a carbon fiber face tech in the Japanese (JDM) market as early as around 2013 with the Gloire line of drivers. We're just now getting a taste of it here in the US so the tech is going to be well tested already. 

DSC06686.jpg

You may want to check with a mod, but I’m fairly sure MGS forum isn’t allowed to have any photos of embargoed product on it. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

1 hour ago, jddaigneault said:

You may want to check with a mod, but I’m fairly sure MGS forum isn’t allowed to have any photos of embargoed product on it. 

This is true. Altho it really isn't stated we encourage members to wait or find these leaked photos elsewhere unless they are posted by the OEM. 

Keep in mind with our testing these OEM's are giving MGS product to test for our members and we like to abide by their release dates. Truthfully these photos can be found just about anywhere so it won't take much searching, but again we will hide posts if they are leaked early. Don't want a small leaked photo to be the cause of potentially not getting a testing opportunity!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I'm still not sure how companies like Taylormade think that media embargoes apply to individuals on social media. Individuals don't have any sponsorships to lose and aren't a part of any media organizations so how exactly can they demand someone remove pictures they find around on the internet? 

43 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

I'm still not sure how companies like Taylormade think that media embargoes apply to individuals on social media. Individuals don't have any sponsorships to lose and aren't a part of any media organizations so how exactly can they demand someone remove pictures they find around on the internet? 

WE all know pictures get leaked;  some intentionally some not.   They may request an individual to remove it from social media like twitter, facebook, instatgram but probably wouldn't do anything if you didn't.   An individual posting pictures on sites like MGS, WRX, THP, etc will probably result in the site owners being notified and  requested to remove the pictures with threats of legal action if they don't.   Media outlets typically have non disclosure agreements in place.  

17 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

(Something something old wineskins and new wine something something)

It's just an outdated mental model of information distribution. It also makes me think about watching The West Wing and how quaint the job of the Press Secretary seems, and that was just the early 2000s! "Oh, it's embargoed? But you're going to get me an advanced copy, right?" vs today, "I'll just check Twitter/Reddit/etc"

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

Relationships are also a touch weird as I thought it was pretty glaring to see an actual TM account replying in the thread on the other side of the tracks since they are a sponser over there. It will be interesting to see how it performs though, could be a big deal, could be a nothing burger... likely somewhere in between.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

On 12/3/2021 at 4:01 PM, John Bachman said:

And Alex Etches' review of the Cleveland XL driver was incredibly complimentary of the performance (the sound not so much lol). I think there are going to be a lot of incredible options this year, which means I might be able to get a Sim 2 or Cleveland XL halo/turbo on the cheap. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

I think I’ll stick with my SIM2! Not a fan of the colors if that’s the head, but love the “Stealth” name, just should have made it all black if it’s gonna be called the Stealth. But intriguing to see the new face technology! 

#2glovemafia 

The composite face make-up and design will be of particular interest to me.  Lots of new aerospace technology finding its way out to other industry. Certainly they have beaten prototypes to death on robots using tour swing speeds - hard to imagine they would bring the product to market if cracked/delaminated faces were problematic.  Of course, the best thing they could do is contact MGS and ask for some forum testing... just saying. 🙂

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Of course, the best thing they could do is contact MGS and ask for some forum testing... just saying. 🙂

I like where your head is at here. I gots me a GT burning a hole in my pocket and the Cobra LTDx, Callaway Rogue ST, and TM Stealth are the top contenders in that order

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

On 12/3/2021 at 8:10 PM, 03trdblack said:

Like I mentioned earlier, keep in mind that they started using a carbon fiber face tech in the Japanese (JDM) market as early as around 2013 with the Gloire line of drivers. We're just now getting a taste of it here in the US so the tech is going to be well tested already. 

DSC06686.jpg

Is that baby yoda on the clubface? I can't unsee that now... 

:callaway-small: Rogue LS 9° Driver, X stiff KuroKage
:ping-small: G410 17° & 19° hybrid, X stiff
:mizuno-small:  JPX-921 Tours 4 iron thru PW, Modus 105 X stiff
:mizuno-small:  S18 50°, 56° & 60°
 :bettinardi-1: Single Stock #3 34.5" putter

2019 MSG Forum Tester- Bridgestone e12

2021 Callaway Epic Max LS Driver Test

2 hours ago, DannyDips said:

Is that baby yoda on the clubface? I can't unsee that now... 

OMG now I can’t unsee it either. 🤣🤣🤣22D57ED5-0B2C-493C-92E0-5A231FAD9414.jpeg.b871ecd180299bec9e3fcaff0d8f0b4d.jpeg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Does anyone have a synopsis on these drivers?  Checked one out at the Pro Shop yesterday… not going to lie, they are beautiful. 

They are good drivers like every other driver on the market. They work for some and not for others just like every other driver on the market. Some slight differences in spin, launch and speed over the sim2.

Plenty of feedback from actual on course use around the internet if one actually searches for it.

Like every other driver it comes down to does it work for you swing when paired with the right shaft.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1