TESTERS WANTED! ×

Taylormade Stealth Drivers

BodeenJCS

21 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

image.jpeg.e883f9e5577e1d010993653c479c8c48.jpegimage.jpeg.b2bfb9488eaf98b93ec8166e11457e3e.jpeg

Here is an example. This is from last night. Didn't get a read on club data due to the foot spray however path and aoa don't change more than 1* generally for me. Pretty much at a loss as to how I am doing this. And yes it happens on course so it is not LM. 

Try to catch the centroid a wee bit better... that should fix things 😆.  While the impact mark dosen't tell the whole story, it sure look great!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 4/20/2022 at 3:57 PM, THEZIPR23 said:

image.jpeg.e883f9e5577e1d010993653c479c8c48.jpegimage.jpeg.b2bfb9488eaf98b93ec8166e11457e3e.jpeg

Here is an example. This is from last night. Didn't get a read on club data due to the foot spray however path and aoa don't change more than 1* generally for me. Pretty much at a loss as to how I am doing this. And yes it happens on course so it is not LM. 

Its a shame you missed the center hahaha

Tag a friend who has never seen this on their driver 🤣

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

On 4/14/2022 at 11:48 AM, Dave Silbar said:

I'm a coach and fitter and just going to toss this out there: Of the 20-30 fittings I've done over the last month, only 2-3 times has the Stealth driver outperformed the others. Oftentimes, its been the shortest!

Wasn't the furthest for me, but it was the most consistent. I hit 10 shots in the fairway all within 7 yards of each other in distance with the Stealth+. The side to side dispersion from every other driver tested in my fitting was 50% or more than the Stealth+ was. I'll take that consistency over 5-10 more yards and worrying about hitting hazards.

WITB:

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth+ 9° w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 XStiff
3W: Ping G425 w/ Ping Tour 75S

7W: Callaway Epic Flash 21°
5i-PW: Srixon ZX5
48°: Cleveland CBX 2
52° & 56°: Cleveland RTX 4 Tour Raw
Putter: Mizuno M-Craft VI

On 4/20/2022 at 3:57 PM, THEZIPR23 said:

Stop using foot spray. Just put a dry erase marker (NOT sharpie) line on the ball. Orient the line vertically before striking the ball. The dry erase marker will easily rub off both the club face and the ball. It will also leave a nice witness line on the club face. Lastly it will give you lie angle information you aren't getting right now. 

The other bonus is you aren't spraying goop all over your 600 dollar driver. 

I got a bag full of Cobras.... Well, not the putter... yet.

Just now, Chester3488 said:

Stop using foot spray. Just put a dry erase marker (NOT sharpie) line on the ball. Orient the line vertically before striking the ball. The dry erase marker will easily rub off both the club face and the ball. It will also leave a nice witness line on the club face. Lastly it will give you lie angle information you aren't getting right now. 

The other bonus is you aren't spraying goop all over your 600 dollar driver. 

I have used both. This time I got a little liberal with the spray so covered too much of the dot. Nice thing is the foot spray does come off very easily with just water. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

3 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I have used both. This time I got a little liberal with the spray so covered too much of the dot. Nice thing is the foot spray does come off very easily with just water. 

I just don't like goop on my driver. The dry erase marker comes off with just your thumb. 

Another advantage is a dry erase marker can be in your bag taking up very little room and it will last several seasons. 

I've bought the stealth 12* as I'm finding it more difficult to get a higher launch angle with my 9.5* SIM driver as I get older now 71, I have 5-6 Taylormade shafts to play with from reg to xstiff so waiting impatiently for delivery from USA...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

11 minutes ago, garyt1957 said:

Haven't read the whole thread but does the new Stealth still feature Twist Face? 

You do realize carbon is used in MANY industries and can be shaped into many different forms…? This would be no different.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 8:31 AM, PMookie said:

You do realize carbon is used in MANY industries and can be shaped into many different forms…? This would be no different.

Not sure what that has to do with my question. I'm just wondering if TM is using the Twist Face technology?  I had an M5 and was really amazed at how corrective it was of mishits.

2 minutes ago, garyt1957 said:

Not sure what that has to do with my question. I'm just wondering if TM is using the Twist Face technology?  I had an M5 and was really amazed at how corrective it was of mishits.

From the website:

Weight savings from the 60X Carbon Twist Face, which is 44% lighter than titanium, allows more mass to be positioned low in the head for added forgiveness compared to Stealth Plus.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

On 4/28/2022 at 8:18 AM, garyt1957 said:

Haven't read the whole thread but does the new Stealth still feature Twist Face? 

Yes, According to the TaylorMade webpage it does.

I can tell you that the thing is very straight - the regular Stealth at least - if you are someone who likes to work the ball it's very hard to curve - I hit shots that I know are duck hooks and they barely bend at all.  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

3 hours ago, revkev said:

I can tell you that the thing is very straight - the regular Stealth at least - if you are someone who likes to work the ball it's very hard to curve - I hit shots that I know are duck hooks and they barely bend at all.  

Sounds like this is tailored made for me... pun was intended lol

Edited by jayjay0808

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 2:19 AM, revkev said:

Very interesting, when mine arrives I'm hoping for that exact result...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

On 5/8/2022 at 10:19 AM, revkev said:

I 2nd that. I've LOVED mine so far. And I don't know if its the head or the stock Ventus shaft but the combo of the 2 are just working for me. Have i had bad shots, yes. But far less than my old M6 it feels like. And not nearly as bad of ones too

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

53 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

I 2nd that. I've LOVED mine so far. And I don't know if its the head or the stock Ventus shaft but the combo of the 2 are just working for me. Have i had bad shots, yes. But far less than my old M6 it feels like. And not nearly as bad of ones too

I actually had a 250 yard drive yesterday in summer like conditions and it split the middle of the fairway - good thing because it was too long - It brought stuff into play that I don't normally even think about in the summer time - occasionally on a windy day in the late winter/early spring but never in the rainy season - and the fairway was very wet where my drive ended up.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

9 hours ago, revkev said:

I actually had a 250 yard drive yesterday in summer like conditions and it split the middle of the fairway - good thing because it was too long - It brought stuff into play that I don't normally even think about in the summer time - occasionally on a windy day in the late winter/early spring but never in the rainy season - and the fairway was very wet where my drive ended up.

Gotta love that, I'm playing an old Callaway C4 8* driver while waiting for mine and I'm carrying 195 meters straightest. Good training for the real thing lol, keep up the good work...

If yall havent watched the video on the H2H matchup of the Sim2 v. the Stealth+, DEFINITELY go watch it: 

For anyone under 105mph swing speed, they will pick up more yards over the LAST iteration of club (Sim2) Imagine the yardage pickup for OLD drivers. Interesting how the slower swing players will benefit from the technology more! Great video though and loving these short videos MGS is putting out there. 

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

I played with a fitter this week and he said Taylormade is 4th in sales for them this year. Callaway is #1, Ping #2, and Cobra #3. I thought that was very interesting.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Had a hit today with a stealth but no better than my SIM, found after we did some comparison between the 2 drivers that the swing weight of the stealth is C9 and I like D3? The stealth only has a heel weight of indeterminate weight as no numbers written on it so how to increase swing weight? Head weight is 194grams but don't know how to increase swing weight with no sliding weights, lead tape and maybe a lighter grip? Suggestions please??

45 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Had a hit today with a stealth but no better than my SIM, found after we did some comparison between the 2 drivers that the swing weight of the stealth is C9 and I like D3? The stealth only has a heel weight of indeterminate weight as no numbers written on it so how to increase swing weight? Head weight is 194grams but don't know how to increase swing weight with no sliding weights, lead tape and maybe a lighter grip? Suggestions please??

Order a heavier weight to replace the one that’s in there. Iirc the weight in the retail heads is 6g. Shaft and grip are other options as is lead tape.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

21 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Order a heavier weight to replace the one that’s in there. Iirc the weight in the retail heads is 6g. Shaft and grip are other options as is lead 

I already hit the ball high with every club in the bag and I'm trying to reduce launch with shafts, I decided today to add lead tape which has changed the swing weight to D2. I will try that tomorrow and see what develops, I'll look at a lighter grip if I don't get the results I want...

@Bang60Lead tape it toward the face of the club rather than the back if you are trying to reduce the height of the ball flight.  Although that little bit of tape won't change much in head weight distribution, it will help more than if you put it on the rear part of the sole.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

6 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I already hit the ball high with every club in the bag and I'm trying to reduce launch with shafts, I decided today to add lead tape which has changed the swing weight to D2. I will try that tomorrow and see what develops, I'll look at a lighter grip if I don't get the results I want...

Chasing launch and/or spin via shaft is not the way of go, unless you are in a shaft that is way out of spec. Shafts provide weight and feel. They can influence swing dynamics which will affect how one delivers the club.

Changing loft will have more impact on launch, spin and ball flight. 

How do you know you need less launch? Do you have launch monitor numbers? 

also this could be a swing issue of delivering too much loft at impact which a shaft or increasing swingweight won’t help much. But without seeing swing and/or launch monitor numbers it’s hard to say 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

13 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

@Bang60Lead tape it toward the face of the club rather than the back if you are trying to reduce the height of the ball flight.  Although that little bit of tape won't change much in head weight distribution, it will help more than if you put it on the rear part of the sole.

Yes did that and swing weight now D2, when the rain stops I'll hit some balls and see if any additional benefits. Cheers appreciate your advice Colin

12 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Chasing launch and/or spin via shaft is not the way of go, unless you are in a shaft that is way out of spec. Shafts provide weight and feel. They can influence swing dynamics which will affect how one delivers the club.

Changing loft will have more impact on launch, spin and ball flight. 

How do you know you need less launch? Do you have launch monitor numbers? 

also this could be a swing issue of delivering too much loft at impact which a shaft or increasing swingweight won’t help much. But without seeing swing and/or launch monitor numbers it’s hard to say 

I've found some numbers from my last range session using Top Tracer, I don't know if they help? I've mostly used 9deg loft or lower but this time I've bought a Stealth 12deg thinking I can reduce the loft to 10deg, before I added lead tape the driver felt very light but pleased with the feel after adding lead tape. Really appreciate your advice, cheers Colin

PS, this is a better shot, launch angle is around 19 with Stealth...

PPs, these numbers are with a Sim 9deg I hit outa my arse lol...

IMG_20220530_121922.png

Edited by Bang60

Those numbers indicate you are not hitting the ball vey high let alone too high.

All the below depends on swing speed as well.  But based on your distances I’m assuming your swing speed isn’t much above 100 with driver  

Launch should be 15-17 and   18 meters= about 69 feet.  That’s vey low for a driver.   Landing angle of 28* is very low as well.  Most should be looking for at least 75-80 (ideally 100) feet in height and mid to high 30’s on landing angle.   Granted your low launch could give you run out.  But it’s often better to rely on carry for distance. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I've found some numbers from my last range session using Top Tracer, I don't know if they help? I've mostly used 9deg loft or lower but this time I've bought a Stealth 12deg thinking I can reduce the loft to 10deg, before I added lead tape the driver felt very light but pleased with the feel after adding lead tape. Really appreciate your advice, cheers Colin

PS, this is a better shot, launch angle is around 19 with Stealth...

PPs, these numbers are with a Sim 9deg I hit outa my arse lol...

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Those numbers indicate you are not hitting the ball vey high let alone too high.

All the below depends on swing speed as well.  But based on your distances I’m assuming your swing speed isn’t much above 100 with driver  

Launch should be 15-17 and   18 meters= about 69 feet.  That’s vey low for a driver.   Landing angle of 28* is very low as well.  Most should be looking for at least 75-80 (ideally 100) feet in height and mid to high 30’s on landing angle.   Granted your low launch could give you run out.  But it’s often better to rely on carry for distance. 

Definitely agree that launch and peak height isn't high enough.    On one of the latest TXG videos,  Ian made an interesting statement:  for most amateurs (those that don't have high swing speeds) peak height should be around 6 iron ball clubhead speed.   For high swing speed players height should match driver ball clubhead speed.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Definitely agree that launch and peak height isn't high enough.    On one of the latest TXG videos,  Ian made an interesting statement:  for most amateurs (those that don't have high swing speeds) peak height should be around 6 iron ball speed.   For high swing speed players height should match driver ball speed.  

That’s interesting info from my man Ian.  I know mine needs to be higher.  My 7 iron speed on MEVO Friday was 93-96.  Imagine my 6 would be 2-3 mph more. 
I think the MEVO screen shot of one of my drives the other day was only 69 or 70 ish    It was in the 80’s when I was at TXG  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12