Taylormade Stealth Drivers

BodeenJCS

17 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

I'm still not sure how companies like Taylormade think that media embargoes apply to individuals on social media. Individuals don't have any sponsorships to lose and aren't a part of any media organizations so how exactly can they demand someone remove pictures they find around on the internet? 

(Something something old wineskins and new wine something something)

It's just an outdated mental model of information distribution. It also makes me think about watching The West Wing and how quaint the job of the Press Secretary seems, and that was just the early 2000s! "Oh, it's embargoed? But you're going to get me an advanced copy, right?" vs today, "I'll just check Twitter/Reddit/etc"

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADspeed 9* with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60X
Fun driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 9.5* with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 54* :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Modus3 Tour 115
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier 11s, :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago

Ball: Maxfli Tour, ProV1, TP5x, Left Dash
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots
:SuperSpeed: and Fit for Golf 

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review

Relationships are also a touch weird as I thought it was pretty glaring to see an actual TM account replying in the thread on the other side of the tracks since they are a sponser over there. It will be interesting to see how it performs though, could be a big deal, could be a nothing burger... likely somewhere in between.

• Like 2

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe Raw 48* (bent from 50*), 53* (bent from 54*), and 58*, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

SIK Golf Flo-C

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV Divide

On 12/3/2021 at 4:01 PM, John Bachman said:

Not sure I’d be interested as I got a new driver this last year and am not really a TM guy. I did talk to someone who happened to hit next years Cobra driver, which I believe will go back to the LTD moniker. They said was a absolute monster. Will be interested to see how it looks and the testing goes. 

And Alex Etches' review of the Cleveland XL driver was incredibly complimentary of the performance (the sound not so much lol). I think there are going to be a lot of incredible options this year, which means I might be able to get a Sim 2 or Cleveland XL halo/turbo on the cheap. 

• Like 1

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

I think I’ll stick with my SIM2! Not a fan of the colors if that’s the head, but love the “Stealth” name, just should have made it all black if it’s gonna be called the Stealth. But intriguing to see the new face technology! 

#2glovemafia 

The composite face make-up and design will be of particular interest to me.  Lots of new aerospace technology finding its way out to other industry. Certainly they have beaten prototypes to death on robots using tour swing speeds - hard to imagine they would bring the product to market if cracked/delaminated faces were problematic.  Of course, the best thing they could do is contact MGS and ask for some forum testing... just saying. 🙂

• Like 4

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Of course, the best thing they could do is contact MGS and ask for some forum testing... just saying. 🙂

I like where your head is at here. I gots me a GT burning a hole in my pocket and the Cobra LTDx, Callaway Rogue ST, and TM Stealth are the top contenders in that order

• Like 3

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

On 12/3/2021 at 8:10 PM, 03trdblack said:

Like I mentioned earlier, keep in mind that they started using a carbon fiber face tech in the Japanese (JDM) market as early as around 2013 with the Gloire line of drivers. We're just now getting a taste of it here in the US so the tech is going to be well tested already. 

DSC06686.jpg

Is that baby yoda on the clubface? I can't unsee that now... 

• Haha 5

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Driver, X stiff MMT 60 shaft (MGS Tester)
:ping-small: G410 17° hybrid, X stiff
:taylormade-small:  M1 20.5°  hybrid, X stiff
:mizuno-small:  JPX-921 Tours 4 iron thru PW, Modus 105 X stiff
:mizuno-small:  S18 50°, 56° & 60°
 :bettinardi-1: Single Stock #3 34.5" putter

2019 MSG Forum Tester- Bridgestone e12

2021 Callaway Epic Max LS Driver Test

2 hours ago, DannyDips said:

Is that baby yoda on the clubface? I can't unsee that now... 

OMG now I can’t unsee it either. 🤣🤣🤣22D57ED5-0B2C-493C-92E0-5A231FAD9414.jpeg.b871ecd180299bec9e3fcaff0d8f0b4d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have a synopsis on these drivers?  Checked one out at the Pro Shop yesterday… not going to lie, they are beautiful. 

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Does anyone have a synopsis on these drivers?  Checked one out at the Pro Shop yesterday… not going to lie, they are beautiful. 

They are good drivers like every other driver on the market. They work for some and not for others just like every other driver on the market. Some slight differences in spin, launch and speed over the sim2.

Plenty of feedback from actual on course use around the internet if one actually searches for it.

Like every other driver it comes down to does it work for you swing when paired with the right shaft.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

9 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They are good drivers like every other driver on the market. They work for some and not for others just like every other driver on the market. Some slight differences in spin, launch and speed over the sim2.

Plenty of feedback from actual on course use around the internet if one actually searches for it.

Like every other driver it comes down to does it work for you swing when paired with the right shaft.

Yeah. I’ve read and watched everything I could find.  I was just looking for some real world experience that isn’t by a paid writer or content creator… 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yeah. I’ve read and watched everything I could find.  I was just looking for some real world experience that isn’t by a paid writer or content creator… 

There’s over 200 pages on wrx with the last 50-100 pages that have personal on course and range feedback and a second thread with others providing their feedback. But again if one sticks to only one forum or a selected number of resources they are missing out on what they are looking for. I would imagine THP has a bunch too but I don’t read anything over there anymore 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 9:41 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

You are so true. I went yesterday to get fitted for a new driver and tried TM Stealth, Cobra, Callaway, Ping, etc. With me getting older and recently having back surgery, I needed to find the correct shaft. Thought that I might need to move down to a regular flex, but after an hour, we got it dialed in. For me, the TM Stealth 10.5* with a Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 stiff shaft was the ticket. I am not saying the stealth driver is the best on the market, but yesterday it was the correct one for me.

• Like 6

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  7 - PW T100S, 4 -6 T200 all with Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff 

Irons: :cobra-small: 4 - PW King Forged Tec with Aerotech Steelfiber I95 Stiff

Wedges:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 or Maxfli Tour

3 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I am not saying the stealth driver is the best on the market, but yesterday it was the correct one for me.

At the end of the day that’s what matters. It’s nice you spent the whole hour took. It helps to test a lot of combos and even come back to some top see how it works when a little more fatigued. 

That was something I enjoyed in my 917 fitting. After we tried several head/shaft combos and some adapter settings and settled on the setup the fitter wanted to gather some info. He started swapping adapter settings and watched how my swing was changing based on what I saw visually at address. 

• Like 1

I finally got to try the Stealth last weekend at a demo day and came away meh. I tried the head with multiple shafts and just wasn't feeling it. The head feels a lot deader (not a word) than my Cobra SpeedZone and the distance was not near my better drives with the Cobra. I'm sure I could adjust to it, and I'm sure I'll catch a lot of flack for this comment, but other than a cool technology, it seems to be a much ado about nothing. YMMV.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

1 hour ago, Headhammer said:

I finally got to try the Stealth last weekend at a demo day and came away meh. I tried the head with multiple shafts and just wasn't feeling it. The head feels a lot deader (not a word) than my Cobra SpeedZone and the distance was not near my better drives with the Cobra. I'm sure I could adjust to it, and I'm sure I'll catch a lot of flack for this comment, but other than a cool technology, it seems to be a much ado about nothing. YMMV.

Why would you catch flack? Most people on here say that all the manufacturers make god clubs but not every club will work for everyone.

It could be sound, performance, feel, looks or whatever that doesn’t work for a golfer. Just means that club wasn’t a fit for them. Some may say the same about cobra or callway or Ping and so on.

If someone gets fit and a club doesn’t work for them then great they are one step closer to finding what will

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 5:37 PM, Shankster said:

Quick thoughts:

Looks--To die for in my opinion. Looks wonderful behind the ball. One thing to note is how your eyes see the face. The red face is fully visible at setup (at least for me). Just something to note as many people see things differently and it could be a limiting factor.

Feel--When centered amazing! When anywhere else ugh. It is a little hard to discern where you miss it though, you can definitely tell you miss it and the more I hit it the more I understand where on the face I missed. 

Ball Speed--About 2 MPH faster than my SIM2 was. I am still slower since taking lessons than before however I have optimized my launch after some work. I had trouble originally getting AOA up enough. Deep face took a little to get used to. 

Hit 10 last night close to these numbers. About as good as I'll get until my CHS gets back up.1512567885_Screenshot2022-04-13092325.jpg.03d5db8af8f3a2e1f201d0651bc64fa6.jpg

Spin--I am sure it is me however I have seen some inconsistent spin numbers. There are times when it feels flush but spin creeps up to 3000. Spin on misses doesn't spike like sim2 so that is a good thing. 

Let me know if you have specific questions. 

Overall I am happy with it. 

• Like 4

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

22 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Spin--I am sure it is me however I have seen some inconsistent spin numbers. There are times when it feels flush but spin creeps up to 3000. Spin on misses doesn't spike like sim2 so that is a good thing. 

Let me know if you have specific questions. 

Have you compared strike location to your spin rates. I’m guessing a little low heel on those 3000 numbers. Guessing higher and towards toe for 2k and smash of 1.44

• Like 1

Just now, RickyBobby_PR said:

Have you compared strike location to your spin rates. I’m guessing a little low heel on those 3000 numbers. Guessing higher and towards toe for 2k and smash of 1.44

Yes sir and you are exactly correct, my miss is low heel. However there seems to be something with my delivery that at times even when flushed the spin creeps up. Been playing with ball position a little bit to see if that helps. I will say though that as my AOA is getting back to my normal they are less frequent. 

• Like 1

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

42 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Yes sir and you are exactly correct, my miss is low heel. However there seems to be something with my delivery that at times even when flushed the spin creeps up. Been playing with ball position a little bit to see if that helps. I will say though that as my AOA is getting back to my normal they are less frequent. 

Was going to say maybe hitting down with some sort of out to in possibly swiping across the ball causing spin increase with centerish strike.

Aoa/swing getting back to normal sounds like you will see less of it.

• Like 1