TESTERS WANTED! ×

SD, Palm Springs, or Orando

pulledabill

Got a week off mid Feb. Researching a golf trip to either Orlando, SD, or Palm Springs. Looks like the warmer weather is Orlando but does anybody have an idea  which area is more affordable considering its high season?  Digging around at all the courses is ming boggling, especially Orlando. Thoughts?

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Well, here's my 2 cents...  I've been to Orlando a few times over the past 15 years in mid- to late January and it was cold and wet.  Maybe you will have better luck a month later.  The last time I went I only played a few courses in Orlando area, and I found it difficult to get around, especially with the toll roads; guess I'm just a country boy!  I spent 3 days up at the World Golf Village in St. Augustine and played the courses there; very nice, but wet when we were there.  I also drove over to Tampa/St. Pete and got a round in with @revkev and @fozcycle, which was great... still chilly and breezy.

It's plenty warm in SD and Palm Springs that time of the year and a lot drier.  Only trip I took to SD was many years ago; don't have current info there.  What do you consider affordable?  I'm headed to Palm Springs the middle of January again for 2 weeks.  Courses typically run $90-200+ but there are deals. You might also consider Phoenix or Tucson; I've been there a few times and will probably go to Phoenix next winter.

For only a one week trip traveling across the US is two full travel days, so consider that.  Staying on the west coast allows you to get there in half a day.  Are you planning to play different courses, or are you planning on staying and playing at one location?  Some places have a "players card" deal that is good for the entire year that gets you a couple of free rounds and a discount on other rounds.  If you play all of your rounds there, it's still a good deal for only a week.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

13 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Well, here's my 2 cents...  I've been to Orlando a few times over the past 15 years in mid- to late January and it was cold and wet.  Maybe you will have better luck a month later.  The last time I went I only played a few courses in Orlando area, and I found it difficult to get around, especially with the toll roads; guess I'm just a country boy!  I spent 3 days up at the World Golf Village in St. Augustine and played the courses there; very nice, but wet when we were there.  I also drove over to Tampa/St. Pete and got a round in with @revkev and @fozcycle, which was great... still chilly and breezy.

It's plenty warm in SD and Palm Springs that time of the year and a lot drier.  Only trip I took to SD was many years ago; don't have current info there.  What do you consider affordable?  I'm headed to Palm Springs the middle of January again for 2 weeks.  Courses typically run $90-200+ but there are deals. You might also consider Phoenix or Tucson; I've been there a few times and will probably go to Phoenix next winter.

For only a one week trip traveling across the US is two full travel days, so consider that.  Staying on the west coast allows you to get there in half a day.  Are you planning to play different courses, or are you planning on staying and playing at one location?  Some places have a "players card" deal that is good for the entire year that gets you a couple of free rounds and a discount on other rounds.  If you play all of your rounds there, it's still a good deal for only a week.

Thanks for the thoughts.  I guess for me $150 or less would be my goal for golf.  The possibility of rain, the travel time, and the lack of options that fit my schedule to Orlando from PDX are really not the best.  Rental car prices are crazy high with Orlando being the lowest from places (SD, Austin, Vegas, PHX, Tuscson, and PS) Ive researched.  Green fees seem the highest in Palm Springs, but after some digging around I actually found some reasonable travel, flight, and car packages.  I will just deal with the green fees and enjoy my time.  The back drop in Palm Springs really looks amazing and I will get more golf in than traveling east.  

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

10 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Thanks for the thoughts.  I guess for me $150 or less would be my goal for golf.  The possibility of rain, the travel time, and the lack of options that fit my schedule to Orlando from PDX are really not the best.  Rental car prices are crazy high with Orlando being the lowest from places (SD, Austin, Vegas, PHX, Tuscson, and PS) Ive researched.  Green fees seem the highest in Palm Springs, but after some digging around I actually found some reasonable travel, flight, and car packages.  I will just deal with the green fees and enjoy my time.  The back drop in Palm Springs really looks amazing and I will get more golf in than traveling east.  

There are certainly some very nice and expensive courses in the Palm Springs to La Quinta area.  Since I'm paying for two, we don't play the high end courses, although I have played many of them (Indian Wells, PGA West, etc) when I had meetings there... in the summer!!!!!!  🥵  But prices were great!!!

Some of our favs are:

• Indian Canyons (I like the North Course best); old 1950's houses; good food at the South course clubhouse
  • Westin Mission Hills - Gary Player and Pete Dye courses; might be able to get a deal there
  • Cimarron Golf Club - no trees!  We are staying at the condos next to the course parking lot.
  • Desert Willow - both courses!
  • If you are out near Indio, both courses at Terra Lago are good, as is Big Rock at Indian Springs... good pub food with patio seating.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Being from the east coast area, I loved Palm Springs but I went in September a few years ago. I have listed some of my favorite courses in the Orlando area.

https://www.southerndunes.com/

https://www.falconsfire.com/?utm_source=GMB&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=LocalSearch

https://www.eaglecreekorlando.com/

There are quite a few higher priced courses, I just listed several that I have played.

Edited by GaDawg
Added Information

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

25 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Being from the east coast area, I loved Palm Springs but I went in September a few years ago. I have listed some of my favorite courses in the Orlando area.

https://www.falconsfire.com/?utm_source=GMB&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=LocalSearch

There are quite a few higher priced courses, I just listed several that I have played.

Eagle Creek was not one of my favorite courses.  I found the fairway bunkers very penal.  Very high lips that I had no chance to even get close to the green (basically a greenside bunker shot just to get out).  It wouldn't have been so bad, but not having played it before, I was not aware of lines to take off the tee and ended up in quite a few of them.

For San Deigo, more affordable options in the city would be Balboa or Coronado; older school tracks with views/character. RB Inn and Encinitas Ranch are solid tracks outside the city proper in the $100 range, and Encinitas has ocean views if that is of interest. Further south maybe Singing Hills or Steele Canyon would fit a similar bill as RB Inn golf-wise, but I haven't played there in quite a while.

Nice tracks under $200 (at least I think they are under $200 still 😬 but haven't looked up the latest rates) - not sure how much driving you are looking to do as the distance from downtown on this list varies quite a bit, but IMO the list would be Torrey North, La Costa, Maderas, Barona Creek, Rams Hill 

Over $200 public access tracks: Torrey South & Aviara

If I was budgeting for <$150/round & willing to drive I would put together a 4 day trip like this:

1. Coronado - course is nice if not spectacular but the views are 10/10, super easy to get to if you are staying in/around downtown

2. Torrey North - should be A+ condition in Feb; course layout isn't as interesting or nostalgic as South but for >$100 less you get the same views and a still awesome course that pros play on yearly (for one round lol)

3. Barona (play after 11am for big discount) - most underrated course in San Diego IMO. I would play this over the better known Maderas every day, but some disagree. Most would agree that if you aren't afraid of a 90 min drive, Rams Hill would be better than both and would give you a Palm Springs feel w/ mountains/valley in the background 

4. La Costa Legends - Tour stop from the 90s, cool layout, should be really good condition and a great resort. If planning on a 36 hole day you could do 18 on Legends and 18 on Champions for less than trying to play Torrey North and South back to back (though budget-permitting I would argue that playing Torrey South over La Costa Champions would be better value even at $150 more)

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Palm Springs is most likely to have the best weather, I go there frequently and all I can say is there are more golf courses there than you can get to in a lifetime.  Feb. will be high season so you'll be paying top rates which you can mitigate by playing twilight.  There are some public courses with reasonable rates, do your shopping for prices, they have packages and if you want to do last minute booking there are a couple outfits that broker times at a pretty good savings.   Hanging by the swimming pool bar can be just as good as the golf.

If you go to Orlando, just stay at Bay Hill they have great packages to stay on the golf course including meals and golf.  I have stayed there going on a dozen times going back to when Arnie would be there every day greeting guests. Still the best deal in Florida. I figure the pros play the course 5 days in row... so can I. Eliminates need for a rental car.  Make friends with the locals there and you will probably end up with a dinner invite. You will  probably see a few tour pros while there as well. Oh and the caddies are great, lot's of tour stories... This is a bucket list trip.

San Diego will be cool that time of year. They have Torrey Pines, Balboa Park, Mission Bay Exec. Course and Coronado.  There are also some pricey semi private and resort tracks that are good you can even drive up to Newport Beach where there are several great courses.  You could also think about heading down to Ensenada, MX to play Bajamar...  Bottom line, you can get a lot of variety here with all price points in play. 

EPIC Driver, EPIC 3 Wood, EPIC hybrid, Adams irons, Callaway wedges, Scotty putter and Titleist ball.

33 minutes ago, labillyboy said:

Palm Springs is most likely to have the best weather, I go there frequently and all I can say is there are more golf courses there than you can get to in a lifetime.  Feb. will be high season so you'll be paying top rates which you can mitigate by playing twilight.  There are some public courses with reasonable rates, do your shopping for prices, they have packages and if you want to do last minute booking there are a couple outfits that broker times at a pretty good savings.   Hanging by the swimming pool bar can be just as good as the golf.

If you go to Orlando, just stay at Bay Hill they have great packages to stay on the golf course including meals and golf.  I have stayed there going on a dozen times going back to when Arnie would be there every day greeting guests. Still the best deal in Florida. I figure the pros play the course 5 days in row... so can I. Eliminates need for a rental car.  Make friends with the locals there and you will probably end up with a dinner invite. You will  probably see a few tour pros while there as well. Oh and the caddies are great, lot's of tour stories... This is a bucket list trip.

San Diego will be cool that time of year. They have Torrey Pines, Balboa Park, Mission Bay Exec. Course and Coronado.  There are also some pricey semi private and resort tracks that are good you can even drive up to Newport Beach where there are several great courses.  You could also think about heading down to Ensenada, MX to play Bajamar...  Bottom line, you can get a lot of variety here with all price points in play. 

Where ever you go, you need to eliminate the need for a rental car.  Hard to get and expensive if you can find one, with the pandemic.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

2 hours ago, hartrick11 said:

For San Deigo, more affordable options in the city would be Balboa or Coronado; older school tracks with views/character. RB Inn and Encinitas Ranch are solid tracks outside the city proper in the $100 range, and Encinitas has ocean views if that is of interest. Further south maybe Singing Hills or Steele Canyon would fit a similar bill as RB Inn golf-wise, but I haven't played there in quite a while.

Nice tracks under $200 (at least I think they are under $200 still 😬 but haven't looked up the latest rates) - not sure how much driving you are looking to do as the distance from downtown on this list varies quite a bit, but IMO the list would be Torrey North, La Costa, Maderas, Barona Creek, Rams Hill 

If I was budgeting for <$150/round & willing to drive I would put together a 4 day trip like this:

1. Coronado - course is nice if not spectacular but the views are 10/10, super easy to get to if you are staying in/around downtown

2. Torrey North - should be A+ condition in Feb; course layout isn't as interesting or nostalgic as South but for >$100 less you get the same views and a still awesome course that pros play on yearly (for one round lol)

3. Barona (play after 11am for big discount) - most underrated course in San Diego IMO. I would play this over the better known Maderas every day, but some disagree. Most would agree that if you aren't afraid of a 90 min drive, Rams Hill would be better than both and would give you a Palm Springs feel w/ mountains/valley in the background 

4. La Costa Legends - Tour stop from the 90s, cool layout, should be really good condition and a great resort. If planning on a 36 hole day you could do 18 on Legends and 18 on Champions for less than trying to play Torrey North and South back to back (though budget-permitting I would argue that playing Torrey South over La Costa Champions would be better value even at $150 more)

Played La Costa in March, absolutely HORRIBLE condition. Champions course shows years of neglect. A $10 muni in a 3rd world country will be in better shape. The Legends was closed and torn up either for re surfacing or re-modeling. The staff secretly mentioned that there is no money being spent on the Champions course and yet they were charging about $100. We were warned by others but we had prepaid. Disaster!

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  STEALTH Plus 9.0 driver w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6S. 3wd TM SIM (set @ 16*) with Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7S. 5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made) (set @18.5*). HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2"., SIM-2 Max #3* with Ventus HB Velocore 8-S,  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB Black Tour Spec 9S,  Irons TM P770 4-8i, TM P7MC 9i & PW all w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW Cleveland RTX-4 52/10 bent to-to 53/11* w/Dynamic Gold TOUR Issue S-400, LW- TM Hi-Toe 58 Modified-grind bent to 59* w/Black Dynamic Gold 105 S300, Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball TaylorMade 2021 TP5X.
 Alternates in the 5wd, Hybrids depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.e M.Coz variation.

A good option in Orlando is Reunion Resort. There are three courses there. The last time I was there we played two of them and they were both good. They offer pretty good package deals with condo/hotel, breakfast and green fees. The aforementioned Southern Dunes used to be an outstanding track but I haven't played it in a long time. Celebration is good but a little pricey. 

San Diego weather is almost always good.  Can be as much as a 10° temp difference between coast and inland.  Have family in Carlsbad and the golf in that area (North County) is great.  Besides that, almost every major golf manufacturer is located in Carlsbad and side trips to their facilities (and fitting labs) are worth the time.

On 12/4/2021 at 9:02 PM, Kenny B said:

Happy to assist with Palm Springs! Have been booking discounted golf here for over 20 years.....

Your less expensive area would be Orlando. Lots of terrific courses, like Grand Cyprus, Disney courses, RTJ Jr/Sr in Celebration, and on and on. The most beautiful was Palm Desert, although I was there in May, playing the TPC Stadium, Indian Wells, & Silver Rock was fun. San Diego is my favorite with Torrey Pines 1 & 2, Aviara, Maderas, and so many more. Weather in all locations should be perfect, although Orlando can get rain. Check Hotels.com and Tee Off.com and see what deals you can get. Air fare into San Diego and Orlando should be similar, depending on where you depart. Personally in February I'd take San Diego. However, first of March I'm going to Vegas to play for a week...TPC Sumerlin, TPC Las Vegas, Bear's Best, Angel Park (2 Palmer courses), Coyote Springs (1 hr NE Nicklaus course-magnificent), Siena, and on and on. Good Luck!

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

If you just looking for a warm get away then disregard the below. 

The end of Jan and feb at Bandon is the best deal in resort golf, imho. You can get really lucky with weather I have been there twice on my birthday in late jan and had two of my three days sunny and in the 50’s. Obviously you could run into some awful weather too but that can be part of the fun/experience. This is a not so well kept secret of PNW locals. The geography of the coastline and winds at that time of the year can lead to some surprisingly good weather for 1/3 the normal costs. 

1W - M6 9*

3W - M4

2i - P790 UDI

4-PW - P790

MD 50*

SM8 54*

Hightoe 60*

Don’t be so elitist. Pack a jacket and go to Myrtle Beach- you might get lucky with a few days in the high 60’s. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

Consider north of the Tampa area.  Some really nice courses up there, World Woods, Lake Jovita, TPC Tampa Bay, Southern Hills Plantation to name a few. There are a couple of Golf Planners that can set up the golf, hotel (condo or houses, too) and car rental for you and help you out.

I have done golf trips to Orlando and Palm Springs and would choose Palm Springs to go again!

hundreds of courses to choose from in varying price range and the weather is better and we stayed in AirBnb in both Orlando and Palm Springs and it's much cheaper in Palm Springs because you are not fighting with the the Disney crowd.  

2 hours ago, HDTVMAN said:

Your less expensive area would be Orlando. Lots of terrific courses, like Grand Cyprus, Disney courses, RTJ Jr/Sr in Celebration, and on and on. The most beautiful was Palm Desert, although I was there in May, playing the TPC Stadium, Indian Wells, & Silver Rock was fun. San Diego is my favorite with Torrey Pines 1 & 2, Aviara, Maderas, and so many more. Weather in all locations should be perfect, although Orlando can get rain. Check Hotels.com and Tee Off.com and see what deals you can get. Air fare into San Diego and Orlando should be similar, depending on where you depart. Personally in February I'd take San Diego. However, first of March I'm going to Vegas to play for a week...TPC Sumerlin, TPC Las Vegas, Bear's Best, Angel Park (2 Palmer courses), Coyote Springs (1 hr NE Nicklaus course-magnificent), Siena, and on and on. Good Luck!

Just played Coyote Springs on a trip last month, great course.  I would also suggest Paiute it has three amazing 18 holes courses (Snow Mountain, Sun Mountain and The wolf).  Also if you are willing to drive to Coyote Springs the drive to Mesquite to play Wolf Creek is worth it as well!

Why not Bandon, weather is a crap shoot, but the golf is incredible and it’s rather affordable. But depends on if you’re interested in golf only 

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

On 12/7/2021 at 11:14 AM, GaDawg said:

Eagle Creek is one of my favorite courses! Always in good shape and restaurant is good too. 
Falcons Fire nice, a bit overpriced
One other Orlando Area sleeper course is: Champions Gate "Country Club".  Not Champions Gate International or National Courses. The Country Club course is newer and fantastic! 
If you make it to Orlando & play Eagle Creek, try Royal St. Cloud as well.  Royal St. Cloud, in St. Cloud FL, is about 20 mins south of Eagle Creek, they have 3 nines and in really good shape, links style course.  
Looks like you decided on Palm Springs, good choice & dryer in February! 

Enjoy!! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Having played both area many times I would vote for PS. As for costs you need to check the golf apps for costs and availability. WARNING stay away from north PS courses in the late afternoon unless you like high winds. Other than that it is beautiful that time of the year. 

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

3 hours ago, HDTVMAN said:

Agree on the Orlando comments.  Add Hawks Landing, Crow Creek to affordable options.  

Driver , Taylormade Sim2 10.5, Hzrds black 6.0

3Wood, Taylormade R15, Hzrds blank 5.5

3Hybrid, Taylormade SLDR, Stock stiff shaft

Irons, 4 - P Callaway Apex 19 stiff tour elevate 

Wedges, 48, 52, 59 Vokey SM 6

Ball, Prov1x

6 hours ago, hartrick11 said:

Would you say Barona over Mt. Woodson? I have 3 days in Poway and I'm doing Maderas and Rams Hill for sure. On the fence about Barona because of some negative comments on GN I've seen about conditions. Torrey is out because the PGA stop is that week.

Phx isn't s bad choice at that time of year.  How often do you see it raining during the PHX open.  Quite a few resorts and over 300 courses in the metro area with price points all over the board. Wild Horse Pass has 2 awesome courses that I think helped out with the college championship last year when the NCAA shut it down. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

7 minutes ago, PelhamRood said:

Would you say Barona over Mt. Woodson? I have 3 days in Poway and I'm doing Maderas and Rams Hill for sure. On the fence about Barona because of some negative comments on GN I've seen about conditions. Torrey is out because the PGA stop is that week.

I haven't played Barona since Feb so can't speak to current conditions, but it would have to be really really bad for me to consider Mt. Woodson over it. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H