Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Product Of The Year 2012?

• SPY VIP

It's a little early to be thinking about 2012 awards, but there is a certain brilliance to this.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

love this idea, but I think they'd need extra cart girls to keep up with demand... but at the same time, I wonder if it would actually result in enough extra sales?

just played a few courses with some of the new GPS units installed in the cart, and those seem like they could do exactly this in the courses's already existing system (you can "call for help" from the gps thingy to the clubhouse, so why not call for beer as well)

curious to see how things change with technology and beer. maybe they can just put a keg on each cart and you pay as you go???

Interesting idea, but as has been mentioned, I'm curious about the "unintended consequence" factor. If the golf course uses GPS on the carts, they probably already have the ability to do this, or the gps manufacturer should be able to offer it with a slight software tweak. But even if they don't use GPS and go for this product, is it really cost effective/efficient to have the cart girls running hither and yon on the golf course in response to beer/soda/food requests? I would think you would want to either keep all of the beverage carts stabled until a request came in and send them out to service the request, or you would need to do so with at least one cart while running another cart in the normal manner. If you go with the first option you are probably going to miss out on spur of the moment purchases as the cart passes each group, but you may save on fuel (a real concern?). With the second option you are running at least one extra cart...extra cost worth the sales? I just can't see it.

I see it being more useful in other venues.

All that said, I love the "favorite cart girl" pics on their website! ;)

One of the Pros at my home course is part of getting this of the ground. He was tell me all about it and how he is gonna get it going at the course for a test run this year. I think it would be great for the fund raiser tourneys when every person on the course buzzed up phones in some drink orders at the same time. Really though I hope it works out for them, it is a hard industry to break in to. I for one bring all my food and drink to course.

Sacrifice Or Regret...You Choose!

One of the Pros at my home course is part of getting this of the ground. He was tell me all about it and how he is gonna get it going at the course for a test run this year. I think it would be great for the fund raiser tourneys when every person on the course buzzed up phones in some drink orders at the same time. Really though I hope it works out for them, it is a hard industry to break in to. I for one bring all my food and drink to course.

Funny, none of the cart girls from the course are on there!

Sacrifice Or Regret...You Choose!

• 5 years later...

That was a super corny commercial but I like the concept. I've literally never seen this on a course. Did the idea die?

#throwbackthursday

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Archived