Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Headcover Monday Contest

GolfSpy Dave

Dave - I read the topic and thought, " I have a great headcover for this contest".

Now while I'll bow out for the GolfSox, which I'm sure is terrific - I got a unique headcover recently.

My best friend plays lead guitar for Neal Smith (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame / drums - founding member/ Alice Cooper)

Anyhow, Alice recently played here in CT. and Doug accompanied Neal backstage to the concert. I gave Doug my PowerBilt Air Force Driver cover ( a My GolfSpy 4* pick) to see if Alice would sign for me.

Next day both Alice and Neal signatures.

While Alice looks out of the question I think that Neal and I will be playing 18 this Spring...too cool.

rob

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

Dave - I read the topic and thought, " I have a great headcover for this contest".

Now while I'll bow out for the GolfSox, which I'm sure is terrific - I got a unique headcover recently.

My best friend plays lead guitar for Neal Smith (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame / drums - founding member/ Alice Cooper)

Anyhow, Alice recently played here in CT. and Doug accompanied Neal backstage to the concert. I gave Doug my PowerBilt Air Force Driver cover ( a My GolfSpy 4* pick) to see if Alice would sign for me.

While Alice looks out of the question I think that Neal and I will be playing 18 this Spring...too cool.

rob

Pretty cool... Alice Cooper seems like a pretty down to earth dude...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

rob

I would like to see some photos. Alice is still very cool. Although being undead helps. How he plays golf in the sun without catching fire (or sparkling for you Twilight mythos folks) is beyond me.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I would like to see some photos. Alice is still very cool. Although being undead helps. How he plays golf in the sun without catching fire (or sparkling for you Twilight mythos folks) is beyond me.

1203112309a1.jpg

Dave - don;t know who the first person is (rock and roll photographer), my friend Doug is the tall white hair guy, Alice next - then Neal Smith.

rob

Dave - by all accounts I've heard that Alice (Vince) is a decent guy.

I've pressed Doug to find out why the band broke up but Neal has never really said anything. BTW - I also know Dennis Dunaway, the original bass player.

I will say this - Alice has covered their songs on albums and used the various guys as opening acts on tour, so the blood can't be that bad.

Suffice to say they do not have Alice's life style ($$$$) but they all seem to have found a nice place in life.

rob

Did anyone else read "Golf Monster"? Pretty decent book and TOTALLY [not] related to this thread...

GOLF-MONSTER.jpg

And back to being unrelated... Steven Tyler, Alice Cooper, and Wierd Al cover the Beatles on New Years...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SX63mUW0-B0

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

I am going to look for that book and add "Playing a Round of Golf with Alice Cooper." to my golf wish list.

Stranger things have happened... ;)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Dave /Mud -

I thought about Callaway vis a vis their branding this morning.

As perhaps the biggest player in the OEM's. its interesting that they have been on the cutting edge with equipment, pushed the envelope as regards USGA legality, and have done the same with their spokes people - Alice Cooper...the late, great Johm Daly.

Who would have thought that Alice, at the end of the day, was the more sane person to expand your brand.

About the above photo - you guys don't know how hard that I tried to get myself included in the above. Without wanting to put a strain on a great friendship I tried like hell to be included on the backstage invite.

BTW - Alices guitar player that night was Steve Hunter who has played with Lou Reed- If you ever heard the live version of "Sweet Jane" by Lou Reed (rock/roll animal) you were listening to one of the greatest guitar intros ever recorded.

rob

• 9 months later...

Archived