Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

Furyk to Callaway

Tiger picking up Fuse Science as his bag sponsor

Leonard and Wagner to TMag

Els to Srixon

Kuchar playing a Cameron belly

Perry to Adams

Tommy 2 Gloves to Cally

Fowler all Puma/Cobra

Marino to TMag

Russell Henley to Nike

Troy Matteson to TMag

Not a whole lot of major significance going on, IMO. Leonard to TM is noteworthy because he was one of the few kinda-sorta-bankables left in the Nike stable. Perry to Adams should be interesting just based on what we hear he's saying about TM. Fowler to Cobra/PUMA would be big news, but I think most of us probably saw that coming from the moment PUMA acquired Cobra.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Those have happened, all of them. Not rumors. Perry to Adams makes sense due to his age, they're associated more with the Champion's Tour than anything else. Fowler has been playing Cobra product for a few weeks now and since he's always been Puma its kind of a given. The Scotty is staying.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 5 weeks later...

I see Christie Kerr has tweeted new clubs in the bag for 2012.

Moved to Ping, everything except the putter.

Pity would have liked her to keep using the Scratch wedges. I watched her play 2 amazing bunker shots during the Solhime Cup at Killen Castle on the Saturday when she was paired with Paula in the foursomes.

Seems like Furyk and Tommy 2 Gloves, both very popular players moving to Callaway is pretty big. Well, Tommy 2 Gloves is a very likable dude and on his way up, Callaway needs more of them, but Jim Furyk was the voice of Srixon. That is who I think of when I see a Srixon ball on the course. Unfortunately for them, that is about all I think about Srixon. Callaway seems to really enjoy any type of win over Cleveland/Srixon. Roger Cleveland must be happy.

Callaway needs some new names. Ernie Els is a loss for them but I think Furyk is a bigger win. Furyk was already playing a lot of Callaway clubs anyway but Furyk will get his one win per year, three last year, and be in the top many times, probably make the Ryder Cup, etc... (I hope) Big win for Callaway.

I hope Phil gets it together. I did not realize that while he was out having that poor start last week, his daughter was at the doctor's having tests run because of a siezure she suffered earlier in the week. That is enough to make anyone play poorly, but for all the health issues the Mickelsons have had the last few years it is a wonder he broke a 100.

Adams got a big win with Perry, but they are associated with Seniors and game improvement clubs. But we have seen with the MB2's and A12 they are a serious players club also. They need some young protential stars also.

Nike has Tiger and Wie and everybody else will be an "also ran" there.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I'm saying Phil is leaving Cally as soon as he gets an opportunity to. I can see him going to Titleist or somewhere like that.

And Rick, with them being for sale, Adams isn't going to throw a Brinks truck at any young pro.

In The Bag

And Rick, with them being for sale, Adams isn't going to throw a Brinks truck at any young pro.

Just to prove I do not know what I am talking about, I went to the Adams Golf site and looked up their tour pros. They actually have some young guys, not the Rorys, Rickies, Buds, or "Flashy" rookie,second, or thrid year player but they do have some "younger yet proven" quality golfers that could net them a few wins.

Robert Karlsson, I see often at the top of the leaderboard. Aaron Baddeley's another one we see often at the top. And Ryan Moore had no equipment contract the last couple of years and is a true equipment ho. He said that he had no contract because he wanted to play whatever he wanted. This year the MB2's have kicked the Ping S59's out of his bag that were the mainstay of his arsenal.

So I guess the problem with Adams is my preception of them. They advertise the Speedline and my immediate thought when I see that is "big deal, I have some Ben Hogan presimmons with the speed slot. Welcome to the 80's." And turn the volume off.

However, Adams does seem to be changing their adds, it is not just drivers and hybrids, but fairway woods now.

Just to prove I do not know what I am talking about, I went to the Adams Golf site and looked up their tour pros. They actually have some young guys, not the Rorys, Rickies, Buds, or "Flashy" rookie,second, or thrid year player but they do have some "younger yet proven" quality golfers that could net them a few wins.

Robert Karlsson, I see often at the top of the leaderboard. Aaron Baddeley's another one we see often at the top. And Ryan Moore had no equipment contract the last couple of years and is a true equipment ho. He said that he had no contract because he wanted to play whatever he wanted. This year the MB2's have kicked the Ping S59's out of his bag that were the mainstay of his arsenal.

So I guess the problem with Adams is my preception of them. They advertise the Speedline and my immediate thought when I see that is "big deal, I have some Ben Hogan presimmons with the speed slot. Welcome to the 80's." And turn the volume off.

However, Adams does seem to be changing their adds, it is not just drivers and hybrids, but fairway woods now.

Ryan Moore did have an equipment contract. He was with Scratch Golf before he was with Adams, and he had a part ownership share in the brand. I don't know all of the details, but I know that was part of the deal, and Ari Techner is on here and I don't know how much he could clear up. Regardless, RyMo is one of the biggest equipment whores on the planet, and I'm surprised he's still with Adams to be honest. I think Scratch made about 50 sets in a season for him cause he changed so much (exaggerated, I know, but Don and Jeff did create several sets along with putters). Ryan didn't have the Pings in there as long as one would believe, as he had Scratch for a full season and then went to the Pings for part of the offseason before signing with Adams.

The problem with Adams is their marketing isn't up there with the big boys. I'm a huge Adams fanboy, I always end up with some of their stuff in my bag at some point each season. I went all TMag for a few months last year and what's in my bag now? Adams irons again. There's a stigma, though, with the brand and it's because of what they started as, and that's a start-up that was marketed more toward higher handicap players. Their hybrids have been #1 on tour for quite some time, and the brand puts out equipment that's as solid as it gets. What also hurts them is the short product cycles. II used to think TMag had short cycles, and then I saw how often Adams cycled product. The resale market is diluted because there's SOOOOOOO much gear out there at one time.

In The Bag

I do not remember when it was but I saw a "What's in the bag?" piece in Golf Digest in the last couple of years and Ryan Moore had some Ping S59's with orange painted letters and it had a quote from him about no equipment contract. That was what I was going by, but again, it has been a long time since I saw it. It was just one of those useless things that I seem to remember. Can't remember where I set my soda down or where I put my car keys, but remember what was in Ryan Moore's bag and the quote.

I think I remember it because I was thinking about getting some Ping S57's at the time and wondered why he still played the older irons. I never got the Pings. But at the time I had played a couple of rounds with my old Ping Eye 2's and kind of liked them. I ended up with Callaway's and then traded them and got the ZB's.

Yes, I am an equipment ho.

RyMo was without an equipment contract a few years ago. That's what got him a contract, publicizing he didn't have one. Regardless, he's a talented player that plays well and should have some success on tour this season.

In The Bag

Archived