Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Tour Edge Hot Launch Drivers and Fairway Woods

BostonSal

I am completely unfamiliar with this clubmaker, although I have heard of them.

The Exotic line seems more talked about than the Hot Launch models which happen to interest me.

Their prices are lower than what the major brand names charge, and I'm wondering if their quality is or isn't at or near the same general level.

Going by specs and appearance alone, they seem to be worth looking into. 

I haven't noticed them in too many WITB signatures.

Does anybody have any experience with Tour Edge?

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

Their Exotics line are their top tier clubs and are in a lot of Champions tour player bags.  As a company, they are  best know for fairway woods but all their equipment is good.    The Hot launch line are still good clubs and are probably targeted for the entry level player.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Their Exotics line are their top tier clubs and are in a lot of Champions tour player bags.  As a company, they are  best know for fairway woods but all their equipment is good.    The Hot launch line are still good clubs and are probably targeted for the entry level player.  

Thanks, cnosil.   

While the Exotics look as though they might appeal to those preferring a more conventional look,

the Hot Lauch models have some features that work well specific to me.

The fairways have a rocker sole so that today's more upright fairway wood lie angles would be less problematic for me.  The offered lofts work, too.

The driver has a more shallow face despite it's full displacement,

so it looks like it doesn't need to be hit on the precipice of the upseing,

and is a bit shorter to begin with, in a good place in stock configuaration,  so replacing the weight from shortening it doesn't need to be a factor.

Those little things that could conceivably help-- I look for things like that.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

Tour Edge seems to get very little forum coverage anywhere. Their quality is as good as it gets, only company with a lifetime guarantee. I own the new E721s and love them. I am guessing since their main presence is on the senior tour they may be overlooked. I am 68, so I guess I resemble my remarks.

• 1 year later...

I don’t currently game any Tour Edge clubs, but their Hot Launch ironwoods were in my bag for a few years. You could say I am a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter