Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Putting with one arm

Not much playing these days.  I been practicing my putting   Just for fun I started putting with one arm and I did better than having two hands on the putter.   Can not explain it except I notice I was more focus on an end over end roll  on the ball with one hand 

I’m starting to include in my routine where I setup and address with one hand on the putter and the other on my thigh and then bring the other hand to assist my dominant hand 

I do one handed putting drills to work on face control.  I really have to concentrate to get the face square at impact and I think it helps when i go back to two hands making it easier to keep putts on my line.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• 4 weeks later...

I roll a lot of putts with my left hand only (I'm right handed).  I'm pretty sure my right hand takes over my stroke a bit and I end up closing the face a little when it does take over.  The left hand only strokes are a Stockton drill and help me learn to let my lead hand control the face with the right hand more along for the ride.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

As part of my pre-round practice I do about 20 putts with 2 balls at different targets/lengths, 1st one with one hand/2nd with two hands. Seems to be helping as my putts per round are coming down 🙂 

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

Feeling the one arm drill extends to the shoulder blade   I do this “ shrug move” with my shoulder/neck and shoulder blade to feel more of a connection   I’m feeling “one piece motion” driven from turning/rocking action from the muscles of my upper back makes my putting stroke more consistent.  
Also feeling like  the putt stroke starts from the head down. Just opposite of the swing motion which starts from the ground up