Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2022 MGS FANTASY GOLF LEAGUE

STUDque

47 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Those type of comments are not fair, I've never had a trade with you that I felt it was unbalanced. 

And I see what you mean with the earlier comment now. 

🙀

Since I was the one that started them I will go on record as saying I was joking.  I never said they were unbalanced and players should do what they need to do to build their own best team.   He is simply a master at negotiating the trade.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Since I was the one that started them I will go on record as saying I was joking.  I never said they were unbalanced and players should do what they need to do to build their own best team.   He is simply a master at negotiating the trade.  

As I mentioned I don’t take any offense with the don’t trade with me comments as I know for the most part they are in jest. 

To be fair I’m not sure I’m a master negotiator as most(better than 75%) are accepted without negotiating or counters lol

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

2 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

As I mentioned I don’t take any offense with the don’t trade with me comments as I know for the most part they are in jest. 

To be fair I’m not sure I’m a master negotiator as most(better than 75%) are accepted without negotiating or counters lol

Are you saying that at times you are like me and just spam offers to as many as possible and see what hits? haha

I do recall a trade last year that happened and you went oh, right forgot about that one... wish I had pulled that offer. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Are you saying that at times you are like me and just spam offers to as many as possible and see what hits? haha

I do recall a trade last year that happened and you went oh, right forgot about that one... wish I had pulled that offer. 

I do usually send an offer to every owner of a player I trying to acquire unless they have stated no trades. 

And yes I have had offers where I forgot I sent them only to have them accepted. 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

2 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

How many draft picks can you hold? Aka if someone is offering 3 picks for 2 of yours will you have to drop one of those?

You can roster up to 10 players total. You start with 8 draft picks. So you can take on extra picks until it pushes you over 10 total. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

3 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Alright everyone, I believe I am about to deliver to you what can and will be considered our magnum opus... 2580 words on this league, simple tips and tricks, and layout. We commissioners now hope you enjoy the 

FANTASY GOLF FOR DUMMIES, 2022 EDITION

So, you've heard the siren's call and decided that this year is going to be the year you're going to take the forum by storm and earn that lovely MGS Golden Ticket.

Then panic strikes. You've never played fantasy golf before, what are you doing? Well, consider me a guide to hopefully help you.

Now, this is going to be a super easy explainer post covering almost everything we as the commissioners find important, but let’s also step back and discuss fantasy sports. You create a team of players who participate on the PGA Tour, accumulating wins and loses throughout the season, eventually earning you a playoff opportunity and a chance at immortality.

Game Style

After a year with the best ball format and its admittedly clunky live scoring headaches, we’re going back to the way the league was originally founded, a start/sit league. You will have a roster of ten (10) male golfers, you and you alone will make a weekly decision as to which five of those golfers you will start. You will earn points for things they do well, you will lose points for things they do not do well. 

Note that five minutes before the first tee shot is hit, rosters will lock and cannot be changed. That means no subbing on Cut day, no subbing out a withdrawal, your choices will be yours to live and die by all season.

Also worth noting, due to the size of the league, there are multiple copies of players. Each player can appear on five (5) rosters, but no player can appear on the same roster twice, so if you were expecting to get double points if Bryson mashes his way around Augusta, that’s not going to be possible.

Roster Construction 

You now maybe have a grasp on the how of Fantasy Golf, but perhaps the next most important question is the who. So, the age old question, how do you value players? Do you load up on guys who are going to ball out at majors and big events but might not play a lot, or do you value guys who play a lot and are consistent but not spectacular. Do you want Tiger for 15 events or CH3 for 27? To be honest, it's a wash, you probably want to mix things up a touch.

For example, if you follow golf at all, and since you’re on this forum I assume you do, you may not be surprised to learn that on a Per Start basis, Jon Rahm was the highest scoring player in fantasy golf last year with players who made at least 15 starts on the PGA Tour, racking up a whopping 58.75 points every time he teed it up. The second highest? Louis Oosthuizen, at 49.96. 

However, Rahm finished 8th overall in total points, 274 points behind the tour’s top scorer, Sungjae Im. Now, that’s because Sungjae plays more events and racks up points through attrition, as his 41.85 points per start would rank him 25th overall on that metric, but he played 33 events last season, earning you points as a top guy in events without many other top guys because he plays so much.

I use that example to say, there’s more than one way to construct a roster. I kind of look at it like fantasy baseball. Do you want the stars and then have some scrubs hanging around who might overperform, do you want a team with no real alpha, but consistent performance across the board? I’ve seen both ways work in golf and there’s no real way to do it. Personally, I think you’re better off having that guy or two who can be top 10 guys and then build out the rest with guys who compile, but you’ll find your own way.

The Draft

Yes, there's going to be a draft. Yes, it's gonna be a 68 team draft. It starts with whoever's got pick #1 and runs to number 68. Then it snakes back from 68 to 1 and then again. The draft is currently going to run 8 rounds, not the full 10 rounds as we need to sleep. The amount of time between picks is going to be 30 seconds so we can all live our lives, so plan accordingly. The final two roster spots will be filled in the first round of free agent bidding. There's also going to be a draft prep post as well, but I'm going to say this here and now.

IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE AT THE DRAFT, PRE-RANK YOUR DRAFT BOARD

Let’s talk a bit about the pre-ranking process. Now, follow along with me. I want you to open up to the homepage of our league, which you can do by clicking here.

Ok, now on the main bar of headings next to the heading where it says “draft room”, you should see a heading where it says “rank players”, click that heading.

Now, you’ll see a list of all the players in our league, and how many points they’ve scored in fantasy golf so far this season. You’ll notice Talor Gooch is #1, at least if you read this today. Now, Mr. Gooch I’m sure is fine in a tight spot, but I wouldn’t draft him number 1 overall, however if you don’t pre-rank your players you will draft him. 

What I recommend is that you change the season dropdown to “2020-21 season” to go after players who performed well last season. To add players to your list to rank, click on the green plus symbol. To exclude drafting someone, like if you just hate Patrick Reed and don’t want him, you can click the Red E to add a player to your exclude list. Then you can drag and drop the players in the orders you wish. You can also search for individual players by name in the player search bar.

More information about the draft, what you need to do to prepare, and other things will be coming in a subsequent post, including information as to how to set a queue, and other tips to try and make this as pain free a process as possible.

The Season

It’s back again this year, to the delight of some. The play everyone every week system is back, with a slight tweak. Instead of playing all the teams across the league each week, you will be playing your entire division every week. So you’re going to have 33 matchups, plus one against the league median (an average score of all 68 teams in a week) each week, therefore you could go 34-0 or 0-34 in any given week. It creates a true golf leaderboard experience and normally leads to potentially fairer results as schedule luck is seemingly taken out of the equation.

We’re starting the season, as we have for the past 3 years with the Farmers Insurance Open and run until the playoffs start. As mentioned earlier, we're doing only PGA events. No European Events, No Korn Ferry, just those events. 

Now, to put it out there into the world, the new PGA Tour schedule has some scheduling quirks that will affect Fantasy Golf this year.

1. We do not play the WGC Match-Play, and in the past we instead played the Corales Puntacanta Championship, the opposite field event to the Match Play. This year, we’ve taken this week completely off the schedule, it’ll be a bye week.

2. The Zurich Classic in the past has also been a bye week due to its team nature. This year, it’s on the schedule. I’m not sure how Fantrax will score it, but it’s there and should be treated as a tour event just like any other.

3. Due to new scheduling opportunities with the European Tour, the PGA Tour is also officially presenting the Scottish Open this season, and that event is in our schedule. Normally it would be the Barbasol Championship, but this year it is the Scottish Open, the week before the Open Championship, kinda makes sense, but putting it out there so it doesn’t throw anyone.

Again, this calls back to roster construction.  There may be weeks where you don't have 4 or 5 guys in the event. It's your call whether or not to add players from the event at the expense of some of your other players or go with less knowing that you just need to make the playoffs.

The Playoffs

We’re making the first ever change to our playoff structure, by expanding the playoff pool. We are taking, based on record, the top 15 from each division. We are also taking the next 10 highest scoring teams as wildcards. So if you got bad schedule luck, one division ends up lopsided, etc… you can still get in as a wild card.

Bonuses will then be rewarded based on your regular season finish and they will be mirrored. What I mean is that the teams finishing first in each division get the same bonus, second, third, etc. Then group bonus for the teams in 6-10th place, a group bonus for 11-15th, and no bonus for the wildcards. This diagram below shows the structure

KIWGUKJ5k2Q0mKFqy8GtFiGx5z29dufHqRRuUmp08spbIPH1z0pWTii9g3Dr2u5CCdeADEBzSCPbKZjdGXUTm2_r_XjaSvQRXToLAE-gwz1QMQ1QDPMUVY4hvDVEwJBU2zRwRSY0

After the first FedEx event we cut to the top 20, going into the tour championship, we cut to the top 10, after the tour championship, we'll have a winner.

So all you have to do is get there and then hopefully you have a lot of guys in the FedEx. Sometimes the bonus can float a team toward a title, and it’s tough sledding to win the league without one. However, and I’m speaking from experience here from last season, it’s not impossible if you can get your team to peak at the right time.

Waivers/Free Agents

What’s this? A new part of the introductory post? That’s right, it’s time to talk about waivers, free agents, and the mysteries of FAAB.

First, we use a blind bid free agent acquisition process. You have a set budget of $100 to make all your pickups during the season. Once you run out of that money it is gone, so spend wisely. Once a tournament starts, all players are then set to waivers, which is when you will make your bids. Waivers run at 1 am EST on Wednesday and Thursday. Players dropped on Wednesday will go to waivers for the run on Thursday, all players who are not picked up, are then free agents who can be picked up for nothing until the roster lock before the tournament begins.

Here’s an example of how this works, let’s say Rory McIlroy is available on waivers. I put in a bid for him for 25 dollars, Enrique puts in a bid for 24. As the high bidder, I get Rory Wednesday morning at 1 am on my roster and drop Adam Scott in exchange. Adam Scott then goes on Waivers for people to bid on him until Thursday at 1. However, no one in the league bid on Tiger Woods, who once waivers run at 1 AM, becomes free for anyone to pick up, and @Undershooter nabs him midway through Wednesday for no cost.

Seems complicated, but if you’ve played in our football league or any other fantasy entity with FAAB (Free Agency Acquisition Budget) you know how it works. A few points to know. The minimum bid is $0 dollars and the bid tiebreaker is the earliest bid in case of a tie. Again, it’s so important to note this point that I mention it twice in this section, your $100 budget is all you have, once it is spent, you are spent.

Trades

Trades, the life blood of the Slack channel, or how to rearraign the deck chairs on your own version of the Titanic. No, if you’re not happy with the team, trading is the way to go. As you can see, @GolfSpy_APH already put up a good post about trading, which you can check out right here, but I just want to let you know as commissioners what it is we look at as it relates to trades.

Admittedly, we are pretty loose on trades, we are very hands off. We expect you to enter into negotiations fairly and respectfully and pull off deals that satisfy each party. At the start of the season, we are very liberal as no one knows what rosters are going to look like, who’s going to break out, etcetera. When we do start to look at trades closer is as the season progresses and we get closer to the trade deadline which is the Wednesday before The Open.

As we discuss vetoes it may surprise that out of a possible 128 agreed to trades, 126 of them were allowed without issue? For you of the more percentage based out there, that’s 98.5%, rounded up. The two that were vetoed were thoroughly vetted by us as commissioners before using that power to veto them. To be honest, I hate veoting trades, I really do. There are some who think that giving any type of veto power is bad and trades should just be allowed regardless. We have had that discussion as to allowing the auto trade, but because all of us, as commissioners, have had experiences in fantasy leagues where a commissioner did that and a terrible team traded all their players to good teams or teams in the hunt for a playoff for nothing, it just is something we’d like to avoid.

So here’s what we say to you as commissioners, we do not use the veto lightly. You can help us by not offering or accepting outlandish trades. Most of our trades are without issue, but if we do see something that isn’t passing our sniff test, don’t be surprised if you get a message from one of us to just investigate a bit deeper. We will not veto a trade we find objectionable without doing our own research into it first. If you want to make sure you don’t get a call from us, follow these two simple guidelines.

1. Use common sense. If you have little to no chance of making the playoffs before the trade deadline, maybe it’s not the best time to fire off the trade where you give up Dustin Johnson for Seamus Power trade to the guy in 4th place

2. Consider the trade value chart. A lot of work went into the creation of that thing and while I don’t treat it as gospel, it will potentially guide any type of trade balance argument potentially. We have an incredible tool made by some really smart people, and we will use it.

Again, we’re putting this out there just to show you where we are going into the season so no one is surprised. If we will veto a trade, we will veto it with our reasons pm’d to the players who wish to make the trade happen. Do not take these vetoes personally,  we’re only doing what we think is best for competitive balance.

Other Questions

So, I know this is an intro post to the league, but maybe we didn't answer your question, or maybe I got you thinking of something elshede. If so, post here in the thread and we'll try to get you an answer. Also, if you haven't already, go vote on Fantra golf, but never to an in-depthx in the league polls to have your voice heard.

Absolutely amazing @Berg Ryman and others who chipped in! Super helpful for a newbie to fantasy golf and gets me even more excited!

I've always watched golf but never at an in-depth level. I think just like fantasy football, fantasy golf will help take my knowledge to the next level of players for golf and I'm pretty intrigued by it. 

Def looking forward to trying out this new fangled game I stumbled upon!

:nike-small: Sasquatch Sumo 2

LaJolla (LJC Golf) Tungsteel 3w

:mizuno-small: TZoid 5w

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW irons

:vokey-small: 53* & 58* Wedges

:odyssey-small: Lab Stroke 2 Ball Fang

:srixon-small: Z-Star balls

:Arccos: Tags

29 minutes ago, STUDque said:

You can roster up to 10 players total. You start with 8 draft picks. So you can take on extra picks until it pushes you over 10 total. 

So you could essentially draft your whole team roster who out having to go waivers after the draft and save your FAAB?

:nike-small: Sasquatch Sumo 2

LaJolla (LJC Golf) Tungsteel 3w

:mizuno-small: TZoid 5w

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW irons

:vokey-small: 53* & 58* Wedges

:odyssey-small: Lab Stroke 2 Ball Fang

:srixon-small: Z-Star balls

:Arccos: Tags

5 minutes ago, Crossroads Golf said:

So you could essentially draft your whole team roster who out having to go waivers after the draft and save your FAAB?

Yes, assuming you end up with ten draft picks. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

I now have ranked and placed 64 players into "my queue". I also turned on auto-draft to select from my queue.  Question: Do you think 64 is enough to get all 10 players or should I keep going?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I now have ranked and placed 64 players into "my queue". I also turned on auto-draft to select from my queue.  Question: Do you think 64 is enough to get all 10 players or should I keep going?

You will only get 8 unless you make a trade to acquire 2 more picks. 64 players is 320 picks and there are 544 draft picks to be made but I’m guessing a few of your guys won’t be on everyone’s radar

6 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

You will only get 8 unless you make a trade to acquire 2 more picks. 64 players is 320 picks and there are 544 draft picks to be made but I’m guessing a few of your guys won’t be on everyone’s radar

I forgot we have a few more league players... I'll add some more to the list just to be safe.  Also thanks for the reminder that draft day is only for 8 players.  I thought I had read that only 8 would be live and the remaining two completed off air? 

So you're thinking that Reed is a sure bet eh? 🤣

18 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I forgot we have a few more league players... I'll add some more to the list just to be safe.  Also thanks for the reminder that draft day is only for 8 players.  I thought I had read that only 8 would be live and the remaining two completed off air? 

So you're thinking that Reed is a sure bet eh? 🤣

I’d be content if he fell to one of my second round picks

6 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I’d be content if he fell to one of my second round picks

The best disliked player on tour hands down 😆

I already have my plan in place, but I wondered what the "experts" had to say when it comes to season long fantasy golf. Nearly every ranking had Sungjae Im in the second round, somewhere between 15-20. They brought up the good point that after yet another season of 35 starts you have to wonder when fatigue will set in and either his performance dips or he starts taking some tournaments off. They also say he's undeniably the points leader each year but the risk is there. Just found it interesting. These same rankings all had Rahm as the clear #1.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

With everyone wanting to move up, I’m willing to move back in the 1st OR 2nd. With that said I am NOT giving up a 1st or 2nd. If you want to move up send me some offers. Also willing to move my 3/4/7/8 picks as well. 
Here is an example of a deal in my mind

My: Mid 1, mid 2, late 3, 4th

for

Your: Late 1, earlier 2, earlier 3

54 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

I already have my plan in place, but I wondered what the "experts" had to say when it comes to season long fantasy golf. Nearly every ranking had Sungjae Im in the second round, somewhere between 15-20. They brought up the good point that after yet another season of 35 starts you have to wonder when fatigue will set in and either his performance dips or he starts taking some tournaments off. They also say he's undeniably the points leader each year but the risk is there. Just found it interesting. These same rankings all had Rahm as the clear #1.

I think 2nd round picks are relative given our size of the league and so on. I agree Rahm is #1 through and through and expect him to be off in the first 6 picks (yes 6 because we are bound to have a autopick). This year is again a bit different then the previous seasons we have played. This is I believe my 4th season with the MGS Fantasy golf and we have had start/sit like this year, best ball and before I believe it was 4 in start sit. There are always good pick ups each year on the waiver wire and always nice surprises from players like Corey Conners a couple years ago to disappointments like Jason Day and others who have seemingly really fallen off. In the end it is a long season and a well rounded team will make a far greater difference then a stacked team... at least that is my thought. 

That being said I do really appreciate the commissioners moving up the Trade Deadline to just before the Open (pretty sure thats when it is). I think this will put a greater focus on waivers and having a team setup a little earlier with less immediate focus on FedEx Cup standings. Even tho we all know those will matter, but in the end the top 30 guys only matter IF you manage to make the final and even then when we look at last year @blackngold_blood pretty much had the title wrapped up after the first 2 weeks meaning it was only the top 125 and top 70(?) players in that section that made a big difference. 

Either way good luck to all this season should be a absolute blast! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think 2nd round picks are relative given our size of the league and so on. I agree Rahm is #1 through and through and expect him to be off in the first 6 picks (yes 6 because we are bound to have a autopick). This year is again a bit different then the previous seasons we have played. This is I believe my 4th season with the MGS Fantasy golf and we have had start/sit like this year, best ball and before I believe it was 4 in start sit. There are always good pick ups each year on the waiver wire and always nice surprises from players like Corey Conners a couple years ago to disappointments like Jason Day and others who have seemingly really fallen off. In the end it is a long season and a well rounded team will make a far greater difference then a stacked team... at least that is my thought. 

That being said I do really appreciate the commissioners moving up the Trade Deadline to just before the Open (pretty sure thats when it is). I think this will put a greater focus on waivers and having a team setup a little earlier with less immediate focus on FedEx Cup standings. Even tho we all know those will matter, but in the end the top 30 guys only matter IF you manage to make the final and even then when we look at last year @blackngold_blood pretty much had the title wrapped up after the first 2 weeks meaning it was only the top 125 and top 70(?) players in that section that made a big difference. 

Either way good luck to all this season should be a absolute blast! 

To add to what Jamie said here, a little advice/info for those that may not know a lot about fantasy golf.  As you have noticed everyone wants to move up in the draft. That is completely understandable. However as I mentioned earlier, in my humble opinion this season will come down to your 3-7 guys not your 1-2. Remember you need to pick 5 guys to start not 8 guys playing hoping to hit. You could have Jon Rahm and Colin Morikawa at 1/2 but if the other 3 miss the cut, you could potentially go 0-34 for the week. You read that right with 34 matchups every week and a few bad weeks can put you into a huge hole. 

There is no one way to play Fantasy Golf and definitely no guaranteed way to win. Do your research, have a list of 5-6 guys you want, and if you choose to trade put yourself in a place to get those guys.  Also by 5-6 guys I also mean be realistic, don’t list the top 5 guys in the world.   Look at your current draft position and see where moving up works and where moving down can help you move up in a later round to help get you targets. 

One last note, yes this league is 68 teams but there are 5 copies of each player. This makes it closer to a 13 team draft. There will be top 30 guys available in the 3rd round. 

Well since I don't have a 3 or 4 anymore let's change what I'm looking for. I'm looking to move up in the 2nd. Willing to move my 2(44) along with a 7 and 8 to get inside the top 20 of the 2nd. Could be willing to swap 1st’s as well if it gets me inside the top 5 of the second. 

Just put a league poll up for vote. Vote Yes or No by midnight, January 17:

WD Replacement Option

Background: When a player WDs from a tournament (injury, COVID, or other), all of their stats are zeroed out. Even if they were leading the tournament...see Rahm @ the Memorial last year. This isn't something that can be controlled by league settings because the official PGA Tour stats are affected. A WD, to the PGA, counts the same as never having entered the event at all. We've dealt with this issue in past years as "Sorry, it happens" but COVID randomness and a change to start/sit format has us reconsidering this stance.

Proposed ByLaw: If a started player WDs from an event, the affected owner(s) may select an alternate player from their bench to take their place IF they make the selection publicly (forum, Fantrax, or Slack) BEFORE the start of the next round of play.

I voted no on that poll and I’ll put it here slack and MGS for everyone to see why. I personally don’t like the choosing of a replacement mid tourney. The player should be stated before the tourney starts. No sure how we go about it to make it easy but that’s my thought.

On 12/17/2021 at 10:21 AM, STUDque said:

Deadline to join: January 2

Yes, yes, it's time! Time for the 2022 MGS Fantasy Golf League. Tiger is back, Fantasy Golf is back. This thread will be the home for all discussions for this year's madness. 

I've attached a poll to this thread. You MUST enter a response to the poll to be considered for this season.  If you're new, send the commissioners a PM with your email address so we can get an invite your way.

Here's some quick hits on the format:

• Platform: Fantrax
  • Entry Fee: Free
  • Commissioners: Yours Truly, @Berg Ryman@Undershooter
  • Draft: Tentatively January 19, 8pm EST
  • Scoring: Points for birdies, pars; lose points for bogeys...and so on
  • Rosters: Start 5 players each week; 5 bench*
  • H2H Matchups: All play each week within division..divisions and draft order will be auto-generated*
  • Scheduling: First event is the Farmers, playoffs run during the PGA Playoffs
  • Playoffs: Top 20 in each division make it*
    • Aggregate point totals starting with week 1 of the playoffs
    • Bonus points awarded based on regular season finish
    • Cuts after each round
  • Prize: MGS Golden Ticket

We'll take some polls at a later date for other miscellaneous items. Worth playing for? Let's get it going!

*Note: These items are new/changed from last year. In addition, we've bumped up the win bonus from 5 to 10 points

[Break]

Separately, now is the time to propose changes that we can take up for league vote. Propose them now, or forever hold your peace.

Coming in a bit late to this party. Is it too late to join in? I've played in quite a few fantasy events for the major championships, but never a weekly season-long league. Sounds like fun.

Posted this in the trade block but if anyone wants to trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for a multitude of late round picks let me know.  Willing to trade my 4,5,6,7, and/or 8th round picks.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

On 1/10/2022 at 7:43 AM, STUDque said:

Just put a league poll up for vote. Vote Yes or No by midnight, January 17:

WD Replacement Option

Background: When a player WDs from a tournament (injury, COVID, or other), all of their stats are zeroed out. Even if they were leading the tournament...see Rahm @ the Memorial last year. This isn't something that can be controlled by league settings because the official PGA Tour stats are affected. A WD, to the PGA, counts the same as never having entered the event at all. We've dealt with this issue in past years as "Sorry, it happens" but COVID randomness and a change to start/sit format has us reconsidering this stance.

Proposed ByLaw: If a started player WDs from an event, the affected owner(s) may select an alternate player from their bench to take their place IF they make the selection publicly (forum, Fantrax, or Slack) BEFORE the start of the next round of play.

I'm not seeing the WD poll, fantrax or MGS?  Without finding poll my vote is "NO" for mid tourney WD replacement

Tour Edge EXS KBS Max 80

Tour Edge C722 3H, 5H Ventus Blue 7-R (great stock shaft)

Callaway Epic Speed 16.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60

Ping G400 UST Helium Proto 5f4

TaylorMade Ghost Manta Putter

If I was "the man" I'd be in the fairway - Bubba Watson

14 minutes ago, Bunker Snot said:

I'm not seeing the WD poll, fantrax or MGS?  Without finding poll my vote is "NO" for mid tourney WD replacement

You’ll see all polls on the League homepage in Fantrax. Alongside standings and all other news blocks.  Should be right in your face as the first thing you see. 

On 1/10/2022 at 7:51 AM, blackngold_blood said:

I voted no on that poll and I’ll put it here slack and MGS for everyone to see why. I personally don’t like the choosing of a replacement mid tourney. The player should be stated before the tourney starts. No sure how we go about it to make it easy but that’s my thought.

Is it possible to re-arrange players on the bench? If so, we can just make the standard that the player at the top of the bench automatically takes the place of any WDs. (In other fantasy leagues I've played you can't change the place on the bench, but don't recall from last year how Fantrax does it)

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS