Kirkland v2

brutal brutus

Just got me a dozen Kirkland v2s in the mail today. Can't wait to try these out. May be awhile though. Lots of rain the last two days and some cold temps moving in...

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3* 10° HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60g 6.5 D2**

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° Kuro Kage Black 55-S A1**

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: TSi3* 20°  EvenFlow White 90HY 6.5X D4** 

:titelist-small: TSi2 24° HZRDUS Smoke Black 90HY 6.5 D4** 

Irons:  :titelist-small: 716 AP2 5-GW TT S300 (GW is S100) 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM8 Jet Black 54.14°F, 58.08°M Wedge Flex

Putter: image.png.2cffbf846f1ed639b15f40483d11670d.png White Hot OG #7

*All clubs with an adjustable weight, are set to neutral  **Hosel setting

Ball: Kirkland V2 or Maxfli StraightFli Green (for days I'm having trouble tracking the ball)

Hmm... Actually, i might be able to get out midweek if the forecast holds...🍿

Ball: Kirkland V2 or Maxfli StraightFli Green (for days I'm having trouble tracking the ball)

I love the V2s. For the cost, they perform great. And because they're so cheap relatively speaking, I never am worrying about losing a ball. I think they're about as good as you can get if you're above a 15 handicapper. 

• Like 1

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

2 hours ago, MNUte said:

I love the V2s. For the cost, they perform great. And because they're so cheap relatively speaking, I never am worrying about losing a ball. I think they're about as good as you can get if you're above a 15 handicapper. 

I've been playing the Srixon Soft Feel's lately which are pretty good for a cheap ball. Been wanting to give these a try and when i saw a dozen at a reasonable price on Amazon, i finally pulled the trigger.

I only wish my new TSi3 had also gotten here, lol... I'm dying to get my hands on that beauty

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brutal brutus said:

I've been playing the Srixon Soft Feel's lately which are pretty good for a cheap ball. Been wanting to give these a try and when i saw a dozen at a reasonable price on Amazon, i finally pulled the trigger.

I only wish my new TSi3 had also gotten here, lol... I'm dying to get my hands on that beauty

I'm just happy my local Costco has them restocked over the winter. I'll grab several boxes and be set for next year with them as my base ball and then trying out the premium ones I find along the way 😉 .

Part of my handicap issues are that my playing partners and I almost never play the same course more than three times in a year and we tend to favor more difficult courses. But at the same time, that means I get to have fun walking the edges of fairways and find some awesome balls to test out. 

• Like 1

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

5 hours ago, MNUte said:

I'm just happy my local Costco has them restocked over the winter. I'll grab several boxes and be set for next year with them as my base ball and then trying out the premium ones I find along the way 😉 .

Part of my handicap issues are that my playing partners and I almost never play the same course more than three times in a year and we tend to favor more difficult courses. But at the same time, that means I get to have fun walking the edges of fairways and find some awesome balls to test out. 

Just back from playing my first 9 holes with the Kv2s... and I'm definitely impressed. Hit them pretty long and mostly dead straight off the tees with my 3w and hybrids. Landed soft on approach shots and checked up nicely on short chip/flop shots around the green...

..and they don't like to get lost either apparently, lol... That might be the first round I've played this year where i didnt lose a single ball.

👍👍

I paid basically the same price for 1dz as you're paying for two and still feel they're worth it.

Edited by brutal brutus
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, pgaejw said:

Save your money... they suck!

Well... You know what they say about opinions and Aholes, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Played them a bunch over the past year. Not horrible.  Like the performance of Bridgestone E12 Contact better, but the KV2 has been a solid play for half the price 

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra F6

3W: Titleist TSi3

5W: TM RocketBallz -(my favorite club)

Hybrids: Cleveland 2-4

Irons: Callaway Apex DCB 4-PW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMB 52 & 56

Putter: TM Rossa Monte Carlo Mallet 

4 hours ago, pgaejw said:

Save your money... they suck!

Hmm, tied for 11th overall with a very respectable MGS ball lab score and at under $13 per dozen....you and I have drastically different definitions of what sucks.

https://mygolfspy.com/ball-lab-golf-ball-quality-comparison-tool/

• Like 5

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

On 12/20/2021 at 6:00 PM, MNUte said:

Hmm, tied for 11th overall with a very respectable MGS ball lab score and at under $13 per dozen....you and I have drastically different definitions of what sucks.

https://mygolfspy.com/ball-lab-golf-ball-quality-comparison-tool/

... I have posted before but these balls spin an excessive amount, which is bad for better players with enough or too much spin but are awesome balls for those that do not generate enough spin. I lost about 10 or more yards off the tee and my ex gained about 10-15 yds off the tee as she needed more spin to keep the ball in the air and produce more carry. They also helped to generate more green side and iron spin so the Kirkland V2 is a great ball for her. 

... Like all equipment there is no one size fits all but if these balls work for your style of play they are an amazing bargain! 

• Like 8

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

My handicap has been on a steady incline and not because of the golf ball I play, but because of my swing.  Have been working hard on it and will not cheat myself by buying cheap golf balls.  Prov1's for me.  Like the distance, spin and accuracy.  Something I can count on.  I buy mine in the spring when Titleist runs their buy three and get one free program.  At 75 can still hit the ball off the driver (TSI3) at 93mph and on a good day it will travel around 250.  Do not think the Kirkland ball can match that.  Sorry.  16 handicapper.  Lessons paying off, shot an 81 this morning on a super hard course.    

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Titleist

DRIVER - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR S   

FAIRWAY - TSi2 15.0* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 S

HYBRID - 816H1 18.0* - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S

HYBRID - 818H1 21.0* - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S

IRONS - T300 (2019) - 5-W - True Temper AMT Red 107g-95gm R300

WEDGES - VOKEY SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94gm R300                                                           VOKEY SM7 - 58.12D (Snow flaked "Z" ) - N.S. PRO 950GH R300       

***  GolfPride MC+4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges) 

PUTTER -  2020 CAMERON SPECIAL SELECT CUSTOM  - 35" Newport 2                                 *** GolfPride SNSR 104 Grip

GOLF BALL - TITLEIST - Prov1 /-Prov1x 

GOLF BAG - TITLEIST - Midsize Tour Bag Black/Black/Red and Black Cart 14 

Footjoy | Mike Fay Golf

GOLF GLOVE - FOOTJOY - StaSof, Hyper Flex, StaCooler, Rain Glove

SHOES - FOOTJOY - Premieres, Traditions, Tradition MyJoys, Pro/SLs, Flex, Flex XP, DryJoy Tour MyJoys, Icon MyJoys, Rain Boots. 

APPAREL - FOOTJOY 

Industry Day at the Range - Bushnell Optics RANGEFINDER - Pro XE

I just looked online at Costco and these balls are selling for ......$24.99 for TWO dozen balls. That's about 1.4 of what the Prov1's will set you back. They got a 4.7 average ratting which is pretty good. Only issue I found with the balls is that some say they scuff up a bit faster than a ProV1. But at 4 balls to 1, they could live with that issue. And most of those issues were NOT really an issue as getting 9 holes from a Costco ball was pretty good when most golfers LOSE a ball before they get to the back nine. So NOT really an issue for most golfers. 

IF I didn't already have enough new golf balls to last a life time, I'd be buying 4 dozen of these for $50 and be happy for the great deal. IF Costco ever brings these out in YELLOW I might have to rethink that plan. 

• Like 2

On 12/31/2021 at 1:45 PM, ChuckZ said:

My handicap has been on a steady incline and not because of the golf ball I play, but because of my swing.  Have been working hard on it and will not cheat myself by buying cheap golf balls.  Prov1's for me.  Like the distance, spin and accuracy.  Something I can count on.  I buy mine in the spring when Titleist runs their buy three and get one free program.  At 75 can still hit the ball off the driver (TSI3) at 93mph and on a good day it will travel around 250.  Do not think the Kirkland ball can match that.  Sorry.  16 handicapper.  Lessons paying off, shot an 81 this morning on a super hard course.    

I'll turn 75 this Spring, so we are not that far apart age wise. My handicap is a 6 and my driver swing speed is low 100's to a high of 105 on a good day, so like you I'm not hurting for distance off the tee.  Going by what you posted, I see you are buying Prov1's for around $150 for 4 dozen, when you could be buying the Costco balls for $50 for FOUR dozen. 1/3 the price of the ProV1's. 

NOT sure as a 16 handicap golfer your would notice much if any difference between the two balls other than the price. Might be well worth the $25 it would cost you to buy 2 dozen and see if YOU can tell the difference. The vast majority of the golfers that reviewed the Costco balls did NOT see much if any difference that would make them go back to the ProV1 balls. Worth a look at least. 

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

17 hours ago, IONEPUTT said:

I'll turn 75 this Spring, so we are not that far apart age wise. My handicap is a 6 and my driver swing speed is low 100's to a high of 105 on a good day, so like you I'm not hurting for distance off the tee.  Going by what you posted, I see you are buying Prov1's for around $150 for 4 dozen, when you could be buying the Costco balls for $50 for FOUR dozen. 1/3 the price of the ProV1's. 

NOT sure as a 16 handicap golfer your would notice much if any difference between the two balls other than the price. Might be well worth the $25 it would cost you to buy 2 dozen and see if YOU can tell the difference. The vast majority of the golfers that reviewed the Costco balls did NOT see much if any difference that would make them go back to the ProV1 balls. Worth a look at least. 

Honestly, as a higher handicapper, I've played these better than I have the top tier premier balls mainly because of the price. Yes, they are very spinny. But they're consistently so, so it's not hard for me to plan on it. And more importantly, because I'm not stressing out about shanking a $4 ball into the trees and I don't care if I damage/scuff/lose the ball, I think a lot less when hitting these. 

The reason I say that these are the ideal high handicapper's ball is that you're getting premier-ball performance at a bargain-ball price. And as you noted, most high handicappers won't notice much if any difference, and if anything could use a bit more spin. So it's about as ideal of a ball for someone to use and learn with. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2022 at 4:29 PM, IONEPUTT said:

I just looked online at Costco and these balls are selling for ......$24.99 for TWO dozen balls. That's about 1.4 of what the Prov1's will set you back. They got a 4.7 average ratting which is pretty good. Only issue I found with the balls is that some say they scuff up a bit faster than a ProV1. But at 4 balls to 1, they could live with that issue. And most of those issues were NOT really an issue as getting 9 holes from a Costco ball was pretty good when most golfers LOSE a ball before they get to the back nine. So NOT really an issue for most golfers. 

IF I didn't already have enough new golf balls to last a life time, I'd be buying 4 dozen of these for $50 and be happy for the great deal. IF Costco ever brings these out in YELLOW I might have to rethink that plan. 

I just had a friend from my disc golfing crew that has a membership pick up 4dz for me and 2dz for my golfing buddy. I shouldn't have to buy balls all year... and hopefully two lol.

Is it "illegal" to dye balls? I imagine the right vegitable dye could make a decent stain to make them yellow...

...or better yet, a chartreuse fishing lure dye might be even better.

Edited by brutal brutus
  • Haha 1

Brutus, I honestly don' t know what fishing lure dye is made to work on, so I have no idea if it would work or not, but if YOU have some you  might want to give it a try and let the rest of us know how it works out.  I have NO idea if the paint they use on golf balls will take a stain using that kind of dye but it would be worth a try I think. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IONEPUTT said:

Brutus, I honestly don' t know what fishing lure dye is made to work on, so I have no idea if it would work or not, but if YOU have some you  might want to give it a try and let the rest of us know how it works out.  I have NO idea if the paint they use on golf balls will take a stain using that kind of dye but it would be worth a try I think. 

Guess I'll be making some Easter Eggs in a couple days....