Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

GolfSpy Tim's 2011 Year in Review

GolfSpy Tim

GolfSpy Tim's 2011 Year in Review

Seeing as all the other guys have stepped up, I figured better late than never. (oh, and due to GolfSpy Daves year-end review, I'm listing to Electric 6 while I write this - strange stuff, but catchy)

So here's a quick glimpse at my 2011 Favorites as well as a bit of an idea of what's to come. With no particular categories, I'll just go over what I'm still using starting with the earliest review from last year moving forward:

NoJoke DIV Pro Divot Tool

review here

div.jpeg

No joke, this guy still finds his way into my pocket every round. Can't lie - I like things big - and that's the only fault I've found from others for this tool. If you don't like big things, it's not for you, if you can handle big, grab ahold. I lost this tool at one point this year and was actually going to spend my own cash to buy a replacement.

div2.jpeg

I still haven't shotgunned a beer with it, but another year, another game right?

In the clothing department, I fell in love with two brands this past year:

Antigua and SUNICE.

Antigua review here - and - SUNICE review here

They both make some pretty killer sweaters and jackets for on the course, and I make my rounds between both brands depending on the weather to this day.

On the Antigua side I regularly sport their Ambassador Sweater - this sweater makes me look "hot" according to my wife, and I feel like I can wear it to a nice restaurant or on the course equally comfortably.

sunice.jpeg

From SUNICE I am drawn back to both the Silverton Jacket and the Austin Fleece. I think the Silverton Jacket stands out the most to me - probably because it's white, just enough loud and class mixed together to turn heads, but not to piss anyone off.

sunice1.jpeg

I really can't choose one here as it's not quite an apples to apples comparison.

Titleiest Performance Institute

Probably the one experience from the year that stands out from all others in my reviews was visiting the Titleist Performance Institute.

review here

title.jpeg

Talk about being treated like a king for the day. Their professionalism, the facilities, the insight into my swing and how to fit a club for all my quirks, it all just put a smile on my face, and I'm still gaming a bag filled with all Titleist clubs except for my putter. There were others competing "equally" for space in my bag, but nothing else could come close.

title2.jpeg

Having the door opened for you, your bag carried for you, your own personal fitting professional dedicated to making sure you have the perfect fit. Your own slot on the range next to an NHL super star, but not a bit of attention being given him over yourself - Titleist's fitting is a class act, and a unique experience and I would recommend it to anyone even thinking about a fitting.

And the most recent item that's stuck with me this season and for seasons to come:

JStewart Golf - Custom Leather Cart Bag

review here

cart.jpeg

Seriously - the ONLY bag with this layout in existence, entirely customized for me? Yes please! Did it turn heads the first day at the course? YES! - does it still turn heads every time I walk onto the course? YES!

tight.jpeg

Do people think I'm a pro about to demolish the course? YES! (this part, this is bad... because it means people are watching me and waiting for something special to happen, and it usually doesn't) but, I can't help loving this bag. Spacious, leather, custom - This is the one product this year that I reviewed that had the other Spies asking me how they could get the same thing.

jstew.jpeg

If you want a custom bag, look no further. This is THE bag to have. Every bit of it can be customized, and at a pretty reasonable price for what it is!

So - what's in store for this coming year? A LOT:

Nike Lunar Control Shoes, PGA WEST, Vision 54, Ashworth, Sunice, Sligo, Perfect Putting Machine, EyeLine Golf, Boomerang, Bag Boy, TRUE Linkswear................

I can't wait to get out to the PGA Show later this month and find the latest and greatest gadgets and training aids and see what works and what doesn't.

Archived