TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Balance 574 Greens

brutal brutus

My oldest brother got me a pair of these for Christmas.  I had been looking for awhile locally but there aren't a lot of options, if any, for a 13-4E and was a bit wary of buying shoes online. I have a weird sized foot that is hard to find stuff for(I had to custom order a pair of trailrunners for disc golfing). I also don't like traditional screw-in spikes, because i tend to drag my feet sometimes and hate leaving scuff marks on the greens, which further limited the available options.

So, one day we were talking and my search for spikes came up and he said he could look around down in Myrtle Beach where they have a vacation home. Also, he has basically the same foot size, so he could try them on for me. Apparently, Myrtle Beach being the hotbed of golf that it is,  actually has an outlet store just for golf shoes. He found these...

New Balance 574 Greens with a "waterproof microfiber leather upper"

new-balance-574-greens-spikeless.jpg?s=1 ...and another that was multicolored which i don't like.

They seem to fit well for new shoes and i like the color but i have no clue about the quality or durability. Have any of you guys/gals tried this golf shoe and what are your experiences with them?... Also, how effective is the "waterproofing"?

Edited by brutal brutus

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3* 10° HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60g 6.5 D2**

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 A1**

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: TSi3* 20°  EvenFlow White 90HY 6.5X A1** 

:titelist-small: TSi2 24° HZRDUS Smoke Black 90HY 6.5 D4** 

Irons:  :titelist-small: 716 AP2 5-GW TT S300 (GW is S100) 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM8 Jet Black 54°14F, 58°08M Wedge Flex

Putter: image.png.2cffbf846f1ed639b15f40483d11670d.png White Hot OG #7s

*All clubs with an adjustable weight, are set to neutral  **Hosel setting

Ball: Kirkland V2 or Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow

• 1 month later...

Anything new balance is amazing. I've had a regular pair of the 574 sports not for golf usage but if those are anything close to what their golf shoes will be I would definitely buy myself a pair and recommend anyone getting a NB golf shoe to go with the 574. You can't beat the comfort of new balance. 

Driver: Nike VRS Covert

Wood: Nike VRS Covert 3 Wood

Irons: Nike Vapor Pro 3, Nike VR Pro Cavity 4-PW

Wedges: Nike SV Tour 52, 56, 60

Putter: Nike Ignite 001

1 hour ago, charlesmox1 said:

a company of pretty good quality

Great quality and reasonable prices. Anyone looking for some good NB's at even better prices I've been shopping at https://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/ for years. Definitely legitimate site I promise you. They have Golf stuff here and there but it goes quick so keep an eye out. 

Driver: Nike VRS Covert

Wood: Nike VRS Covert 3 Wood

Irons: Nike Vapor Pro 3, Nike VR Pro Cavity 4-PW

Wedges: Nike SV Tour 52, 56, 60

Putter: Nike Ignite 001

• 2 weeks later...