Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How to pick a club fitter?

jlb1023

I am looking for a club fitter in or around Colorado Springs, CO, but not sure how to know who is good vs just has good marketing.  The places that do indoor/outdoor advertise the outdoor benefit as being able to see the actual flight path of the ball, and not just the virtual approximation.  I've never used any of the virtual setups so I have no clue.

I have a local GolfTec who charges $125/club type.  They obviously are 100% indoor. 

There is a local club that says they have been doing fittings since 1977, looking at their site, the original owner is the head fitter and has been since '77.  They charge $125 for a 2 hr session and say up to 200 balls will be hit in that time.  They use a dynamic-DNA device, whatever that is, but they are setup outdoors, weather permitting.  If you buy clubs from them the fitting is free.  I may have bought a set of Taylor Made irons from them in '00.  

There is a place in Denver, about an hr away.  They also charge $125, no specifics on length for the session but they use the Trackman and are setup for indoor and outdoor.

There is the PGA Tour Store, also in Denver.  I did not read their small print but it looks like fittings are free of charge.  Pretty sure this is indoor only.

I can give the names of the 2 smaller places if that is applicable/necessary.

Anyway, any advise on how to find the "right" fitter would be appreciated.

Edited by jlb1023
  • jlb1023 changed the title to How to pick a club fitter?
  • 2 months later...

I was fit for new Irons last year at Gott Golf. They are located at Green Valley Ranch in Denver. It would be a bit of a drive for you, but I definitely recommend them! Maybe worth getting fit then playing a round there since you'll be at the course anyway.

You'll hit balls from an indoor bay out to the range. They have no nets, but all of the technology. They also have a huge selection. Pick a brand and they have it.

Doug was my fitter. He loves the game and all of the equipment that goes with it. At the end of my fitting I had learned so much about my swing and the clubs that could help me play better. Doug was eager to answer all of my questions and he never recommended any equipment that was out of my budget. After we decided on my new Irons, Doug built them himself and had em ready to go in 4 days! 

The service was great and I got exactly what I wanted. I am thinking about going this year for a Driver and Putter fitting. This company is first class and I look forward to working with them in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 9:01 AM, QuantumGolf_X said:

I was fit for new Irons last year at Gott Golf. They are located at Green Valley Ranch in Denver. It would be a bit of a drive for you, but I definitely recommend them! Maybe worth getting fit then playing a round there since you'll be at the course anyway.

You'll hit balls from an indoor bay out to the range. They have no nets, but all of the technology. They also have a huge selection. Pick a brand and they have it.

Doug was my fitter. He loves the game and all of the equipment that goes with it. At the end of my fitting I had learned so much about my swing and the clubs that could help me play better. Doug was eager to answer all of my questions and he never recommended any equipment that was out of my budget. After we decided on my new Irons, Doug built them himself and had em ready to go in 4 days! 

The service was great and I got exactly what I wanted. I am thinking about going this year for a Driver and Putter fitting. This company is first class and I look forward to working with them in the near future.

okay perfect thanks for the info!

play all the wordle archive puzzles

• 1 year later...
On 3/7/2022 at 9:01 AM, QuantumGolf_X said:

Thanks for sharing your experience!