Let’s see some 2021 Accomplishments/2022 Goals

15 hours ago, RickK said:

2021 was a decent year for me.

Played 244 rounds

Turned 75 in August - shot my age 74 couple of times before August and then 75 couple of times later in year

For 2022...starting out rough.  Tested positive for Covid this  past week and in a 3 week time I have lost 16# down from 161# to 145#...weight I really could not afford to lose.

So, 2022 goals, get my strength and weight back and shoot my age several more times.  I really wanted to have one more round in the 60s before it becomes impossible but that is looking pretty bleak now.  My handicap in GHIN is 11.0 and probably headed upward.

Y'all have a great 2022

All the best to you on a speedy recovery and putting check marks next to the goals! 

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

Since 22 is my favorite number, I expect this year to be…. (Unknown)

2021 highlights:

Best driving distance average ever.

Increasing my speed which equated to distance across the bag.

Improved my accuracy and got used to a 460cc driver 

2022 goals:

Play Golf

• Like 5

Great thread! My goals for 2022 are to:

• Play more golf! I haven't been playing enough in the years past and I want to get out and at least play 9 holes once a week.
  • Drop my handicap from 9 to under 5. I have been taking lessons this off-season and practicing more than I ever have.
  • Compete in some of my club tournaments.
  • Upgrade a few of my clubs and get custom fit for them (I have never gone through the custom fitting experience so am excited about that).
  • Play 2 or 3 high end courses in my area.
  • Decide on what golf ball to play consistently and stick with it.
  • Like 1

Avid recreational golfer with a 9 handicap, looking to make major equipment upgrades this year

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra Speed Pro X 10.5° with Aldila VS Proto 65g shaft

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra S2 3-Wood 15° with Fujikura Regular flex 65g shaft

Founders Club Hybrids (3 & 4) and Irons (5-PW) with Regular shaft

Cleveland Golf - Wikipedia          50° and 56° CG14 with Zip Groves and 8° & 11° bounce with Wedge Flex shaft

60° REG.588 Tour Action with Wedge Flex shaft

Home - TaylorMade GolfTaylorMade Ghost TM 110 Putter 34"

undecided | DevpostUndecided on what Golf Ball to use this year

Man this is an amazing thread!

For 2021 I didn't set out with any golf goals, but lucky for me I started golfing regularly again for the first time in about 10 year. So get back golfing, check. Next key to that was getting my fiancee into golf, check! She had never played before last year and now she Loves golf. Turn golf into our thing, check! Making this a thing that we can do together was a major accomplishment. As I got into the swing of things I was able take my mid to low 80's and close out my year with two rounds below 80! 

Goals for 2022:

• Get a handycap
  • Have handycap be <+4
  • Shoot a round at par
  • Get a driver
  • Work of fitness and flexibility
  • Get my Fiancee to about +15 

• Like 1
  • Ping G10 3 Wood, 15.5°
  • Cobra Baffler, 3 hybrid 
  • Mizuno MP-67, 3-PW
  • Ping Glide Forged Pro, 52° & 56°
  • Evnroll, ER2

2021 was solid for me, goal was to break 80, and shot 4 rounds in the 70s, including a 76, and had only 2 rounds in the 90s. Roughly 50 total rounds. 

My goals this year are a bit more specific

• Single digit handicap(currently 10)
  • Play the city am
  • Make the cut at City Am
  • Walk 9 before work 12 times
  • Even or better on 9 holes
  • 1 round with no doubles or worse
  • Like 2

The past few months of Fall/winter golf have helped fill out the accomplishments. Since the start of November:

- I've had three of my best rounds of golf that I've ever played. 2 rounds in the last three weeks of 4 over par at a local 9 hole course (it may be a very easy course, but for an 18 handicap, 4 over par is 4 over par! And to do it twice in a short time period cause I'm simplifying my motion and process is awesome) and an 87 on my nemesis course (usually struggle to break 95 there). 

- I've been averaging 28 putts per 18 holes. 

- I've had a birdy in every round but 1. 

- I've been figuring out my driver so I that my consistent tee shot is either fairly straight or a little cut. 

- Consequently, my scoring average has been 14.6 over par. 

With a baby coming mid next year, I'm  not trying to have more goals than to just try and enjoy the times I do get out with friends/family and to try and continue to simplify my motion and shot. From there, we'll see what happens!

• Like 1

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

Apparently, I did not write any golf related goals for 2021. I am going to fix that for 2022 right now.

2021 Accomplishments:

• Played more competitive rounds.
  • Won more $ than I spent in entry fees.
  • Qualified for my Chapters Regional Cup.
  • Shot career low rounds both recreationally and competitively. 
  • MASSIVLY improved putting!  SG putting was positive for the first time in recorded history

2022 Goals:

• Play more golf. -  I only recorded 65 rounds last year.  I want to play over 100 this year. Hoping I can get there.
  • Win more $ than I spend in entry fees.
  • improve short game. - SG from 100 and in was abysmal last year. 
  • Reduce the # of rounds with a Double or worse. Would like to get this number down to 20% or less.
  • Make more Birdies. - Averaged 3.2 per competitive round last year.  Would like to average 4+

Good luck to me.

• Like 3

Driver - :taylormade-small:   SIM2 Max 9° Tour AD MT 6-S   or   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway - Cannot find one worth a dang

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Evnroll ER1V/Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2022 at 10:59 AM, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Apparently, I did not write any golf related goals for 2021. I am going to fix that for 2022 right now.

2021 Accomplishments:

• Played more competitive rounds.
  • Won more $ than I spent in entry fees.
  • Qualified for my Chapters Regional Cup.
  • Shot career low rounds both recreationally and competitively. 
  • MASSIVLY improved putting!  SG putting was positive for the first time in recorded history

2022 Goals:

• Play more golf. -  I only recorded 65 rounds last year.  I want to play over 100 this year. Hoping I can get there.
  • Win more $ than I spend in entry fees.
  • improve short game. - SG from 100 and in was abysmal last year. 
  • Reduce the # of rounds with a Double or worse. Would like to get this number down to 20% or less.
  • Make more Birdies. - Averaged 3.2 per competitive round last year.  Would like to average 4+

Good luck to me.

First competitive round in for 2022.  Putted quite poorly, and didn't drive it particularly well.  Still ended up +$100 for the day.  

• Like 2

Driver - :taylormade-small:   SIM2 Max 9° Tour AD MT 6-S   or   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway - Cannot find one worth a dang

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Evnroll ER1V/Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to post more legal scores for handicap purposes.  The group I play with improves their lies everywhere, gives  short putts and picks up at double bogey.  Since it is a team competition, I feel like I need to do the same to not let down my team.  I have an official HCP, but it is based on just a few rounds per year.  Hopefully, I can get in 2 or 3 legal rounds per month this year.

14 of the following:

Ping G425 Max

Callaway Epic Max 5 wood

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

PXG 0311P Gen. 3  6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2