TESTERS WANTED! ×

Upcoming Most Wanted Driver Testing

fixyurdivot

MGS Most Wanted Driver  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Which OEM's driver in current MGS driver testing has yielded the fastest ball speed for every tester so far?

• Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • PING
    • Callaway
    • XXIO
    • Mizuno
    • Srixon
    • PXG
    • Cobra
    • Tour Edge
    • Honma
    • Wilson
    • Inesis
    • Other

47 minutes ago, therod said:

So let's cut to the real nitty gritty here...does anyone know when the Most Wanted Driver report will be made available? I'm assuming, looking at previous release dates, that we're getting close. I'm already shopping, so any and all info on new sticks is a good thing...

Based on what I was told yesterday.   Driver testing is done; we have moved on to players irons,  the numbers were uploaded over the weekend and they are doing the number crunching.  My guess would be 21st ish for article to go on the main site. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Last year, the release dates were as follows:

Most Wanted Driver- 2/22/21

Most Wanted- High Swing Speeds- 3/29/21

Most Wanted- Mid Swing Speeds- 4/5/21

Most Wanted- Slow Swing Speeds- 4/12/21

:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX, Project X Cypher Black 40 Graphite 5.5

image.png.5437ebe1f69b3330b39e21119440731c.png G425 Max 5-wood

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png CBX ZipCore Chrome 52* 56* 60* Wedges

:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Buckingham putter

On 12/31/2021 at 7:57 AM, Thin2win said:

I guess if it (Top Gun 2) gets delayed another year, Cobra will come out with the "Need for Speed" as next years line. Or at least use it as their marketing pitch with Bryson hitting balls off the flight deck of an aircraft carrier.... Okay, if they do that I will buy it... And I want some credit for the campaign. 

A Nimitz class carrier is over 364 yards long... into a 30 MPH wind... he might not be able to hit it off the carrier...  Would be funny to have the Captain speeding the boat up to keep his ball on the deck.

EPIC Driver, EPIC 3 Wood, EPIC hybrid, Adams irons, Callaway wedges, Scotty putter and Titleist ball.

2 hours ago, labillyboy said:

A Nimitz class carrier is over 364 yards long... into a 30 MPH wind... he might not be able to hit it off the carrier...  Would be funny to have the Captain speeding the boat up to keep his ball on the deck.

Yeah, but if he is hitting from the forward cats he only needs to clear about 150y. I still want to see this, lets go Cobra. Have an F-18 launching from the other Cat at the same time(or insert one digitally for a less charred version of Bryson). 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

When I look for a driver I look for two things.  Low ball spin and accuracy.  Those with the high mph swings are not always in playable territory.  Even the long ball competitors look for low spin.  With fast swings like theirs they are way off target more than they are in that fifty yard taget range.  At the age of 75. if I am in the 90s with my TSI3D and spin rate around 2200 and in the fairway, hakuna matata as the saying goes.  Just sayin'

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

The new TM is a little faster off the face but the Callaway is a better choice. It has shown to be even to a few yards shorter than the TM. But the key and what makes it standout is the accuracy and dispersion of the new Rogue. Test across the board are getting these results. I play last years tour head Speed LS Triple Diamond after starting with Max LS and it was excellent but the Triple D is off the chain. Hit it so good can’t see a change but if so it will be the new Rogue Max LS Triple D. The Callaway pairs very well with the Hzrdus T1100. The appearance sound and feel is something else the new TM will have to overcome which I am sure leads yo the fact that other face color will be available 

The Callaway has a higher face top to bottom and the TM is a little narrower which is one thing I believe helps it to play better. Will be interesting when they all hit the market. I expect the hype around the TM will help it be the top seller this year.

Time will tell. A few yards shorter but more often finding yourself in the fairway is the best option  but too each his own.

2022 will be an interesting year in the driver wars. Be interesting to hear from everyone if you purchase new in 2022 what choice did you make.

I hate hitting inside and getting a time at the Kingdom East is near impossible here in Georgia.  Luckily Global Golf has the Stealth in their U-try system and for 28 bucks they will ship me one and I can try it on course.  Also another great thing is having the all-fit connectors on a pile of shafts here to try in the head.

I haven't liked a TM driver in quote some time, and while I don't expect som eye opening changes, the spin numbers I have seen may be just what the doctor ordered for me.

Clubs in great standing

• Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS - Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - UST Mamiya Black 79X
  • 5 Wood - Taylormade Sim Max - HZRDOUS smoke black 6.5
  • Irons - Srixon ZX5 5 iron, Srixon ZX7 (6-9)  - Recoil 110 F5
  • Wedges - Cleveland 46, 50*, 54*, & 60* Zipcore mid bounce - Recoil 110 F5
  • Putter -  Mannkrafted MA/66 - UST Frequency Filter, LAB MEZZ.1  - BGT Stability

Clubs in good standing(fighting for one spot)....

• 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named - UST Mamiya Black 79TX | Util - Callaway Apex X Forged UTIL 21* - AD-DI | Util - Srixon ZXU 18* -  Recoil 110 F5 | Util - Callaway UW 19* - HZRDOUS smoke black 6.5

Clubs that need a timeout/replacing

Tomorrow's the "Big Day"... which one will be MGS's Most Wanted Driver? 🤔  Certainly it has to be the one of the Stealth's...right?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Tomorrow's the "Big Day"... which one will be MGS's Most Wanted Driver? 🤔  Certainly it has to be the one of the Stealth's...right?

I’m going with a “dark horse” pick. A month away from “March Madness”. My Butler as it were but the basket goes in. My pick is Cobra.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

My guess is the callaway rogue ls. I’d love to see it be Srixon or mizuno both are making serious strides in driver wars

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

My guess: Cleveland Launcher XL Lite.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

43 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I have never really looked at Cleveland driver specs before, but saw this post and went to the Cleveland website. Intrigued by the regular Launcher XL (the one with the adjustable adapter). Looks like their adapters have a lot of adjustment settings, especially with lie angle. 

And interesting the Launcher XL Lite has no adapter, but I get that it saves weight and is part of what makes it lighter. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

46 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Careful, insider information can cost you a starting position on MGS Hit Squad 😆.

Just got the email. I was surprised to see Ping on top. Happy to see the TD as a runner up as it has been performing really well in my personal testing recently. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

Uh, MGS might want to be a wee bit more careful - the Wilson driver under "embrago" is blurred out up top in the section breakdowns but not down the bottom in the full chart, and the image is easily enlarged in a new tab 😉

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

6 minutes ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

Just got the email. I was surprised to see Ping on top. Happy to see the TD as a runner up as it has been performing really well in my personal testing recently. 

Me too.  I'll bet a whole bunch of folks did not expect the G425Max in the top spot.  I did test it against my G410P last year at this time during my bag fitting but it wasn't offering any real advantage... the KBS TD shaft did.

This is such great wisdom from the article. 

Distance is king and bragging rights matter so we understand the temptation to prioritize an extra yard or two. What we typically see in testing is that the longest handful of clubs for any individual golfer are often within a yard or two of each other. Given those similarities in distance, we believe golfers should narrow their choices and then prioritize tighter dispersion and greater consistency over one more step on the fairway.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

Screenshot 2022-02-21 15.35.30.png
https://mygolfspy.com/2022-most-wanted-driver/

Here it is! Live and up and ready to read!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

The site must be getting overwhelmed as the page is not opening up or they've taken it down temporarily to fix something.

:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX, Project X Cypher Black 40 Graphite 5.5

image.png.5437ebe1f69b3330b39e21119440731c.png G425 Max 5-wood

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png CBX ZipCore Chrome 52* 56* 60* Wedges

:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Buckingham putter

19 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

They are probably fixing the picture of the Wilson driver mentioned above since it is still under embargo....

They fixed the first image of it, but forgot the 2nd smaller one down in the spec list.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

7 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

They fixed the first image of it, but forgot the 2nd smaller one down in the spec list.

The first one was blurred out right from the start, which is why it was funny to see it clear as day down below. Whoops!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

One thing about these Most Wanted tests I still don't understand is how they select the clubs that get tested.  I mean PXG had a strong showing last year with the 0211 and this year there isn't PXG driver in the test.  I get that it isn't new, but that doesn't ever seem to have been a criteria for inclusion as long as the club is the current offering from that manufacturer.  I mean the G425 isn't new for this year but was included same with ZX5 & ZX7.

Also, after a couple of years of reviewing these most wanted tests, especially driver, I have come to the conclusion that the test is really just a reflection of the specific testers used in that particular year.  I know that this is the most thorough test in the industry and I love the data and reading about it, but I have to wonder if there simply aren't enough testers to provide accurate conclusions.  It's happened in several tests where a specific product did OK one year and then in it's second year of the product run is all of a sudden way better.  Or vice versa, where a product that scores in the top 3 is all of a sudden middle of the pack the next year.  I mean TSi2 went from 2nd to 11th, TSi3 went from 9th to 4th and if I recall Ping G425 was middle of the road last year and now is #1 (looks like it was subsequently removed from last years results due to a technicality).  

To me, that just demonstrates the disclaimer that MGS always puts on the tests, that this is just a starting point and you really need to go get fitted to see what works best for you because the results really do vary that much from club to club and tester to tester.  For example, the SFT drivers always score poorly even though they are fantastic at what they are designed to do.  That tells me that the test field doesn't include very many slicers.  If the test field was mainly 25-30 handicaps, we'd see SFT as the most wanted club and TSi3 finishing near the bottom.  

Just noticed they didn't include last year's winner either.  I thought that was going to be a thing going forward....

7 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

For example, the SFT drivers always score poorly even though they are fantastic at what they are designed to do.  That tells me that the test field doesn't include very many slicers.  If the test field was mainly 25-30 handicaps, we'd see SFT as the most wanted club and TSi3 finishing near the bottom. 

I think you might see those score higher when they release the updated results for best driver by swing speed.  As a rule, more mid to higher handicaps usually have lower swing speed and will slice the ball more often.  Just saying this as the larger rule, definitely a lot of guys who don't do that in those categories.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

6 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

One thing about these Most Wanted tests I still don't understand is how they select the clubs that get tested.  I mean PXG had a strong showing last year with the 0211 and this year there isn't PXG driver in the test.  I get that it isn't new, but that doesn't ever seem to have been a criteria for inclusion as long as the club is the current offering from that manufacturer.  I mean the G425 isn't new for this year but was included same with ZX5 & ZX7.

Also, after a couple of years of reviewing these most wanted tests, especially driver, I have come to the conclusion that the test is really just a reflection of the specific testers used in that particular year.  I know that this is the most thorough test in the industry and I love the data and reading about it, but I have to wonder if there simply aren't enough testers to provide accurate conclusions.  It's happened in several tests where a specific product did OK one year and then in it's second year of the product run is all of a sudden way better.  Or vice versa, where a product that scores in the top 3 is all of a sudden middle of the pack the next year.  I mean TSi2 went from 2nd to 11th, TSi3 went from 9th to 4th and if I recall Ping G425 was middle of the road last year and now is #1 (looks like it was subsequently removed from last years results due to a technicality).  

To me, that just demonstrates the disclaimer that MGS always puts on the tests, that this is just a starting point and you really need to go get fitted to see what works best for you because the results really do vary that much from club to club and tester to tester.  For example, the SFT drivers always score poorly even though they are fantastic at what they are designed to do.  That tells me that the test field doesn't include very many slicers.  If the test field was mainly 25-30 handicaps, we'd see SFT as the most wanted club and TSi3 finishing near the bottom.  

Just noticed they didn't include last year's winner either.  I thought that was going to be a thing going forward....

I had similar thoughts. Why wasn’t the G425 included last year? How does it stack up against last year’s winner? 

It would also be neat if there was a comparison tool that sorted everything in a simpler way than the tableau. If I’m looking at three drivers, can I compare them side by side. Just a thought. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Just now, jddaigneault said:

It would also be neat if there was a comparison tool that sorted everything in a simpler way than the tableau. If I’m looking at three drivers, can I compare them side by side. Just a thought. 

I saw there was a link for more data, but when I clicked it came up as not found.  I wonder if that's what they were after?

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Just now, juspoole said:

I think you might see those score higher when they release the updated results for best driver by swing speed.  As a rule, more mid to higher handicaps usually have lower swing speed and will slice the ball more often.  Just saying this as the larger rule, definitely a lot of guys who don't do that in those categories.

I know, I was just using that as an extreme example of how much influence the specific tester group can have on the test.  

Beyond a doubt it provides a starting point - I enjoy looking at the results.  What stood out to me this year is that the big three in driver sales were basically the big three in the Most Wanted Testing.  I didn't look closely at what was tested but to me it appears as if the results were chalk -  Ping best overall, TMag tops for distance, Callaway splitting the difference.  

I will say from personal fitting/testing that the Stealth produced faster ball speeds than the Ping, Titleist or my SIM 2 driver.  For me its a significant enough difference to give it a try.  I also found that while I'm able to really pop one with my auto flex shaft in, the dispersion with that shaft is not optimal for me.  It's going on ebay to pay for a new stealth and I will keep the old SIM 2 around for a bit as a back up.  I already sold my Ping G410.  

No doubt we will be talking about these test results for a while.  Thanks MGS and your testers.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD