2021 Professional Golf Highlights

fixyurdivot

What immediately comes to mind to you looking back at the 2021 season of professional golf.  Certainly Tiger's crash is a given for anyone breathing oxygen... and probably for most who don't play or follow the sport.  So, moving on to the other stories, which will you remember most?  There are lots of storylines to choose from; Ryder Cup win and individual key moments, Speith's return from the ashes, Hideki's win at Augusta, Rahm's putts at Torey Pines, Phil's incredible win at the PGA... and the list goes on.

For me it's Xander and Nelly winning the gold. The odds of this were extremely low and, as someone who bleeds red, white & blue, just found that very cool.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I can't say I really watched much pro golf this past year, but there are a couple of things that really stand out in my mind from this year.

1. Phil winning the PGA. Just the fact he was able to hold on and hold off Brooks coming down the stretch. The fact he won at just shy of turning 51 is amazing.

2. The flop shot Jordan Speith hit at the Ryder Cup from that lie. Wow.

Two things really stood out to me thinking back. One Spieth and his resurgence last year. Was a great to see and good for the sport overall i believe. 

Next up was Morikawa at the Open. After a less then stellar Irish open he came out with just a phenomenal performance. 

There are other highlights in there for me as it was a fun season and there were of course several disappointments with players like Fowler, Day, Hatten, Fleetwood among others who seemed to have lost a step or just struggled. Hopefully next season they will be back in form. 

Either way a great season and hopefully a few more first time major winners in 2022.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

For me, I love seeing first timers win on Tour. The grind it takes to get to that point and then seeing that emotion pour out. Just hits a little different. Here’s who I can remember:

Joel Dahmen in Punta Cana. 
KH Lee at the Byron Nelson. 
Garrick Higgo at the Palmetto. 
Cam Davis at the Rocket Mortgage. 
Seamus Power at Barbasol. 
Erik Van Rooyen at Barracuda. 
Abe Ancer at St Judes. 
Talor Gooch at RSM Classic (this season).

Out of those Ancer and Higgo I remember the most.

Another storyline to me was the resurgence of Stewart Cink. Hadn’t won since 09? And he wins twice! To do it with his son on the bag is awesome. I also can’t leave out Tony Finau. Has been so close to winning the last couple years and finally pulled one out.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I'm picking Patty Ice.  4 wins and coming down the stretch to win the FedEX Cup.  Patrick Cantley has been heralded as one of the next great players since he come on tour, but until this last year has had only occasional success.  Now he's solid, and I expect lots of battles with the usual big names and don't forget Viktor Hovland.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”