Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2022 TaylorMade Stealth Driver Line Official Launch

Richard Wise

My Stealth Plus has arrived…As always, TM marketing team is on point…

7AEC0053-3167-420D-A60D-44DC6D75ABD6.png

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

4 hours ago, Micah T said:

Anyone seen any videos on YouTube with the aforementioned distance/ball speed gains? It looks nice and a bigger, deeper face suits my miss, but is it faster/longer?

Edited by sandpounder
delete

TaylorMade Sim2 Max 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Blue 55 R

Callaway 4+ Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 65 R

Callaway 5 Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

Callaway Heavenwood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 (19*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 4 (22*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 5 (25*) - SteelFiber i95 R

Honma Beres irons (2020) 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, AW - Nippon 750GH Wrap Tech R 

Vokey SM8 56* D grind & Vokey SM8 54* bent to 52* D grind

Scotty Cameron California Monterey Putter

TaylorMade makes the best woods bar none. The new Stealth driver raises the bar again!  It's amazing how TM can continue to make the best drivers on the market.  I'm buying the new Stealth driver and 3 wood and looking for even longer drives!!!

TaylorMade SIM2 woods, PXG 5 wood, TaylorMade Wedges, Mizuno irons, Scotty Cameron putter and TP5/ProV1x golf balls. 

Club Champ and Long Drive Champ.  

7 minutes ago, MonsterDrive385 said:

TaylorMade makes the best woods bar none. The new Stealth driver raises the bar again!  It's amazing how TM can continue to make the best drivers on the market.  I'm buying the new Stealth driver and 3 wood and looking for even longer drives!!!

While they may make the best driver for you,  what evidence do you have that they are the best for everyone?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

19 minutes ago, MonsterDrive385 said:

Is there an exception for PXG 5 woods?  😆  JK of course!

It will be interesting to see if the carbon face technology becomes the material of choice in the coming years.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

24 minutes ago, cnosil said:

While they may make the best driver for you,  what evidence do you have that they are the best for everyone?  

Tiger uses TM.  Tiger is the greatest and proves that TM make the greatest woods!

TaylorMade SIM2 woods, PXG 5 wood, TaylorMade Wedges, Mizuno irons, Scotty Cameron putter and TP5/ProV1x golf balls. 

Club Champ and Long Drive Champ.  

9 minutes ago, MonsterDrive385 said:

Tiger uses TM.  Tiger is the greatest and proves that TM make the greatest woods!

Not really sure that's the best way to measure a club's "greatness". Probably more a measure of how much $$$ TM had to spend on his sponsorship than anything else.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

40 minutes ago, MonsterDrive385 said:

Tiger has used a wide variety of clubs and has won tournaments/majors with other manufacturers.  They built and configured a club to work for Tiger.  What Tiger plays is meaningless to any other golfer and whenTiger was playing his best TM wasn't  in his bag.  

I have hit the stealth and in my opinion it is a good club, but I feel I hit other drivers better.   

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Guys he's a troller that has found his way from WRX. Ignore and he'll quitely go away. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

13 hours ago, sandpounder said:

Yeah I’ve seen these: Rick doesn’t see a single yard of difference between the stealth and the sim 2, so the question remains, where are the gains?

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Guys he's a troller that has found his way from WRX. Ignore and he'll quitely go away. 

We only have room for one troller, and he goes by the name @Yellow Ball.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

16 minutes ago, Micah T said:

Yeah I’ve seen these: Rick doesn’t see a single yard of difference between the stealth and the sim 2, so the question remains, where are the gains?

Who cares whether Rick sees gains or not. That’s him, others may. Michael newton picked up over 1mph of swing speed with the new stealth drivers. Giving the potential pick up ball speed

One should test for themselves if the claims from  manufacturer are there or not. I’ve seen plenty of reviews for drivers from Callaway and TaylorMade where guys on YouTube or on a forum gained speed with a new driver and others didn’t.

If you don’t want to buy the latest and greatest that’s cool, nothing wrong with that, but knocking something without trying based on someone else’s results is a little silly.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

33 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Who cares whether Rick sees gains or not. That’s him, others may. Michael newton picked up over 1mph of swing speed with the new stealth drivers. Giving the potential pick up ball speed

One should test for themselves if the claims from  manufacturer are there or not. I’ve seen plenty of reviews for drivers from Callaway and TaylorMade where guys on YouTube or on a forum gained speed with a new driver and others didn’t.

If you don’t want to buy the latest and greatest that’s cool, nothing wrong with that, but knocking something without trying based on someone else’s results is a little silly.

Not knocking: see my 1st post. Just wanting to see anyone gain something. You said Michael newton gained? Cool I’ll check out his video: just wanted to hear/see someone quantify with actual data…

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

50 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I know you know this, but a point that gets lost on many.

A 2022 driver release (by any company) isn't neccesarily designed primarily for the player that just purchased the 2021 driver and expects to find signicant distance gains.  There are a heck of a lot more players that bought drives 3, 5 or 10 years ago that are in the market this year.  The 10 year old drivers will definitely see a better performance if not in distance certainly in forgivenss if not both.   The players from 3 or 5 years ago may not have been fit and will see nice gains by getting properly fit, or heck they might just see gains from off the rack as well. 

So many people get caught up on is it any better than last years.   Well maybe it is, maybe it isn't signficiantly.  But that's for each individual buyer to determine.  

Are there palyers who bought a 2021 driver and hope to gain something with the 2022, I'm sure there are, I might even know someone like that 🙂   Whehter they find any measureable gains is to be seen, and it's up to them, if they feel it's worth the money to try, then so be it, what does it matter what Rick Shiels or any YT or even Most Wanted Testing for that matter say. 

Ok, EOR! 

1. How old is your current driver? If 4 years or less, KEEP IT.

2. Upgraded Shaft? Get fitted at Club Champion or by a PGA Pro. Don't go to a Big Box store unless you want the guy who just worked at McDonald's to fit you! It's true! They have no hands on training by the manufacturer. I was trained in Carlsbad and Phoenix by four manufacturers. Big Box guys are burger flippers. If you're spending $600 on a driver, $1500 on irons, $400 on a putter, go to a PROFESSIONAL to be FIT.

3. Buy last years driver. The only difference between this year's and last year's is maybe 2 yards, and you'll save $$$.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

44 minutes ago, Micah T said:

Not knocking: see my 1st post. Just wanting to see anyone gain something. You said Michael newton gained? Cool I’ll check out his video: just wanted to hear/see someone quantify with actual data…

I don't have video,  but what I think the Stealth brings to the table is more consistent ball speed across the face.  I also felt like it was "easier" to swing faster than many of the other drivers.    It has top tier speed and is probably on the same playing field as Titleist, Callaway, and Cobra.   Testing the various drivers my speed was around 150 and with the top tiers I was closer to 155-158.  

2 hours ago, HDTVMAN said:

1. How old is your current driver? If 4 years or less, KEEP IT.

2. Upgraded Shaft? Get fitted at Club Champion or by a PGA Pro. Don't go to a Big Box store unless you want the guy who just worked at McDonald's to fit you! It's true! They have no hands on training by the manufacturer. I was trained in Carlsbad and Phoenix by four manufacturers. Big Box guys are burger flippers. If you're spending $600 on a driver, $1500 on irons, $400 on a putter, go to a PROFESSIONAL to be FIT.

3. Buy last years driver. The only difference between this year's and last year's is maybe 2 yards, and you'll save $$$.

A very good friend of mine is a fitter at a big box store…. He’s certainly not a burger flipper, so I’ll agree to disagree.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

In 2021 I bought all new clubs with the exception of putter and driver. 2022 will bring a new driver and likely add a 3w to swap with my 5w depending on course/conditions. While i am open to most brands, I like to use TM woods, so a Stealth Max is likely in my future. 

One thing I haven't heard anyone question is the durability of the grooved coating on top of the carbon face. TM employees have made clear the grooves and micro-grooves were critical to the spin characteristics, especially the tiny micro-grooves in dry conditions. I wonder how long until these grooves wear enough to change spin. Seems like it would be an issue to me. 

On the MyStealth... I am surprised I like the Chalk crown as much as I do, but might go with the most-Stealthy color way. I think the final decision might be dictated by the color of whatever shaft I fit into. We'll see!

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 5.24.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 5.29.32 PM.png

Edited by Dog Faced Pony Soldier

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 w/ LA Golf DJ Signature Series (65-4)

3w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

5w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

7w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

4i-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX921 Forged w/ Nippon Modus Tour 105 S

54º: :vokey-small: SM9 D Grind w/ Nippon Modus Tour 105 S

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5vB w/ LA Golf P-Series SOHO 

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x  play #45

Ball mark: Kraken Golf - Revolver, Weight Plate, Turntable

Tracked and scored by :Arccos: 

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

A very good friend of mine is a fitter at a big box store…. He’s certainly not a burger flipper, so I’ll agree to disagree.  

Agree. I know a guy who worked at GG once the manufacturers demo day season was over as his part time job. He definitely wasn’t a hamburger flipper. 

Another guy that @Golfspy_CG2 and I know worked at GG and wants a burger flipper either. Last time i checked he was at a CC and GC2 even did a fitting with him there several years back

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Agree. I know a guy who worked at GG once the manufacturers demo day season was over as his part time job. He definitely wasn’t a hamburger flipper. 

Another guy that @Golfspy_CG2 and I know worked at GG and wants a burger flipper either. Last time i checked he was at a CC and GC2 even did a fitting with him there several years back

Yep.  He did a great job for me at both places.  Have lost track of where he went to. 

I can’t say there has been as much buzz around a product launch as I have seen around thins one.. while it live up to expectations? Hard to say, but they have done a great initial job at taylormade getting excitement going on this one.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Also, my golf spy is getting called out. You disrespectful jerks hahaha.

https://youtu.be/LQ_qXELuTCg

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

1 hour ago, Quigleyd said:

Also, my golf spy is getting called out. You disrespectful jerks hahaha.

https://youtu.be/LQ_qXELuTCg

There is an entire thread about the comment and associated response. 

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

There is an entire thread about the comment and associated response. 

Sorry. Didn’t see it.. where is it?

47 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Sorry. Didn’t see it.. where is it?

I'm guessing the hot look for next season will be the Stealth driver with the new Rogue fairways.
I priced out a 12-18-21-24 set with Ventus Reds and wrap grips.
$2401.96 sound right?
And only ten more clubs to buy.

Not good for ours kids' inheritance is my first take.

I guess the Stealth will take away the clang. Ping fans especially may not like that.

It turns out that there's a Club Champion right in Needham. Who knew? But God forbid, what if I tried them and hit them pretty well?
I'm willing to bet that Club Champion is owned by divorce lawyers. That way they can get you coming and going.

I already bought irons this past season.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

I'll be interested to see where this driver is mid season. Especially if a bunch end up in the second hand market. Disappointed with Taylormade not extending the technology into the Fairway Woods and Hybrid IMO. 

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope." ~Winston Churchill

Gaming: Woods: Cobra Radspeed XB Driver, 3W, 5W, Cobra KING Forged TEC 4-PW, Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 48*/10* F Grind, 54*/12* D Grind, 60*/12* D Grind, Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron Special Select Fastback 1.5 🙂

I'm a little disappointed by members & mods criticizing other members takes on whether this driver offers any performance differences over the Sim2 or any other titanium driver. MGS is all about performance and discounting someone who uses this criteria for any club purchase is a bit disingenuous. 

There are people who buy new drivers because they have an old driver and it's just time for a new one. There are golfers that always want the latest, and what they perceive to be the greatest, club in their bag. There are golfers who are card carrying club hoes who want to try everything on the market. Finally, there are people who rely solely on whether the club is going to offer them any distance/dispersion gains over the previous year's model or technology. None of these reasons are wrong folks.

End of rant. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18