TESTERS WANTED! ×

2022 TaylorMade Stealth Driver Line Official Launch

Richard Wise

5 hours ago, Headhammer said:

I'm a little disappointed by members & mods criticizing other members takes on whether this driver offers any performance differences over the Sim2 or any other titanium driver. MGS is all about performance and discounting someone who uses this criteria for any club purchase is a bit disingenuous. 

There are people who buy new drivers because they have an old driver and it's just time for a new one. There are golfers that always want the latest, and what they perceive to be the greatest, club in their bag. There are golfers who are card carrying club hoes who want to try everything on the market. Finally, there are people who rely solely on whether the club is going to offer them any distance/dispersion gains over the previous year's model or technology. None of these reasons are wrong folks.

End of rant. 

Most of what ive seen is debates on increased ball speed/distance. Not so much over all performance benefits. A lot of the people who claimed little or no ball speed or distance gains, did think it was more consistent and forgiving i believe. But i could be mistaken. I also dont think ive seen anyone who didnt give it props for doing it with carbon fiber. Whenever something this different is introduced to the market, theres gonna be a lot of talk about it and people are gonna have different opinions and such. 

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

One nice thing about the new Stealth driver is that it reminded us old timers of Yonex!

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

On 1/15/2022 at 5:50 AM, OceanSands said:

Does anyone know what the actual weight of the Stealth HD head only would be?  I am considering ordering an Autoflex shaft to go with my new Stealth and would like to do some swing weight calculations.

They should weigh in right around 195G.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

On 1/12/2022 at 6:26 PM, Quigleyd said:

I can’t say there has been as much buzz around a product launch as I have seen around thins one.. while it live up to expectations? Hard to say, but they have done a great initial job at taylormade getting excitement going on this one.

Indeed.  I'm saying it's both the stand out carbon face and, their stated committment to this technology; as in quoted saying TM will never again offer a titanium faced driver.  Clearly they see this as a paradigm shift and, even if the net results of all the various tests around the globe yield little or no gain (seems to be tracking this way), this design approach affords further gains... whereas, according to TM, titanium has reached its limit.

So yes, it would certainly appear TM's Stealth will be the star of the show this year.  I also bet every other OEM's design groups either created a new "Skunk Works" team or is ramping up existing ones.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Indeed.  I'm saying it's both the stand out carbon face and, their stated committment to this technology; as in quoted saying TM will never again offer a titanium faced driver.  Clearly they see this as a paradigm shift and, even if the net results of all the various tests around the globe yield little or no gain (seems to be tracking this way), this design approach affords further gains... whereas, according to TM, titanium has reached its limit.

So yes, it would certainly appear TM's Stealth will be the star of the show this year.  I also bet every other OEM's design groups either created a new "Skunk Works" team or is ramping up existing ones.

Even if there is no gain in distance or ball speed compared to Titanium face, the weight savings alone will give club designers a tool to make changes elsewhere in the head to improve other metrics.   Another improvement could be consistency in manufacturing although that's hearsay without proof.

• 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Max LS 11.5° (10.5°+1) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6 stiff
  • 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Flash 3 Wood 17° (15°+2) w/ Project X Even Flow Green 60 stiff
  • 943183396_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.391f8ed5e36869c949eb3a241d2a750d.jpgSuper Hybrid 21° (20°+1) w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 80 stiff
  • 518011180_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.f52e8c7ce28e9a854c65b04b28450163.jpgRogue Hybrid 5 (24°) w/ Aldila Synergy 60 HYB Graphite stiff
  •   Screenshot 2021-12-24 002411.jpg2021 P790 Irons 5-AW (1° flat, weakened lofts) w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95 cw regular
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgCBX2 Wedges 54°, 58° w/ True Temper DG 115 Wedge flex
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgOdyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab, 33 in
  • 1360869533_Screenshot2021-12-24002835.jpg.38d6fb8915a5bd0b37b4bbec950f4c64.jpgPro V1
  • bushnell_launchpro_logos_medium.jpg.7df9dcd404a46928e3850d1e1335e4e3.jpgBushnell Launch Pro

Having hit this driver some now. It has a very interesting feel. It is not a bad feel, just different. Bad strikes feel absolutely feel pretty bad. Good strikes still feel different. It will take some getting used to I think. The sound the driver makes is interesting. It sound kind of like a titanium driver but then completely different as well. I hard someone from TM say they were going for wood bat feel and sound. I would say thats a decent description but not an exact match. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

7 minutes ago, pakman92 said:

Even if there is no gain in distance or ball speed compared to Titanium face, the weight savings alone will give club designers a tool to make changes elsewhere in the head to improve other metrics.   Another improvement could be consistency in manufacturing although that's hearsay without proof.

Definitely.  TM position that they won’t use a titanium face any more is revolutionary.  People are questioning durability and such but carbon fiber isn’t new.  I can on,y assume that over the years of research they have gotten to the point that it is pretty durable.   Whether it increases ball speed for everyone or  not this is like the switch from wood to steel and from steel to titanium.  I think we are going to see the other manufacturers quickly follow.  
I don’t personally think this is the fastest driver available,  but I feel like it is the most consistent off the face.    Mark crossfield has been doing something I find interesting in his review videos.  He captures numbers from his normal gamer swing and the tries to sw8ngbas fast as possible.  With this you. Kind of start to see ball speeds on miss hits.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, pakman92 said:

Agree.  Another question that comes to mind is durability.  No doubt TM has smashed the hell out of prototypes and clearly convinced themselves they'll last, at least for mere mortals.  Laminate structures, at least those I'm familiar with (admittedly dated) are susceptible to impact delamination. I'd love to know the IP and details on this development.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:50 AM, OceanSands said:

Does anyone know what the actual weight of the Stealth HD head only would be?  I am considering ordering an Autoflex shaft to go with my new Stealth and would like to do some swing weight calculations.

I've seen a couple on a weigth scale at 197g

On 1/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, Headhammer said:

I'm a little disappointed by members & mods criticizing other members takes on whether this driver offers any performance differences over the Sim2 or any other titanium driver. MGS is all about performance and discounting someone who uses this criteria for any club purchase is a bit disingenuous. 

There are people who buy new drivers because they have an old driver and it's just time for a new one. There are golfers that always want the latest, and what they perceive to be the greatest, club in their bag. There are golfers who are card carrying club hoes who want to try everything on the market. Finally, there are people who rely solely on whether the club is going to offer them any distance/dispersion gains over the previous year's model or technology. None of these reasons are wrong folks.

End of rant. 

I must be missing something, as I haven't seen much of that at all.  But I of course haven't read every post everwhere.

That said, I agree with your list of reasons 100% and I think most knwo what category I fal linto.  Even though I often point out in several threads that drivers arent' only targeted at getting players to buy a new driver every year--not that companies would midn that..ha--but every year there are litteraly tens of thusands of golfers who have a driver that is 5 or 10 years old that it is time to upgrade.    

Just like the car and phone analogy, most aren't going to buy every model year release of their favorite car, but probably 3 5, 10 or 20 years.   Phones, yes some will buy every new Iphone that comes out or every other, then there are people like me who finally upgraded form a 7 to the 13.   that was what like 4 years at least? 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I know I may be in the minority here... But I have grown beyond tired of Taylormade and Callaways constant retread of ideas.  Yes, this thing has the carbonface mumbo jump thing to it, but really how's it any different?  We've reached a point where the distance "marketing" talk has become moot.  Forgiveness, sure that can be improved upon.  But it's literally the same look of everything they've put out for years..... Literally took the SIM3 and ripped the face out for a new one.  

Trying not to be so cynical but the constant money grab that these bigger OEM's do just drives me nuts.  

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

11 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

I know I may be in the minority here... But I have grown beyond tired of Taylormade and Callaways constant retread of ideas.  Yes, this thing has the carbonface mumbo jump thing to it, but really how's it any different?  We've reached a point where the distance "marketing" talk has become moot.  Forgiveness, sure that can be improved upon.  But it's literally the same look of everything they've put out for years..... Literally took the SIM3 and ripped the face out for a new one.  

Trying not to be so cynical but the constant money grab that these bigger OEM's do just drives me nuts.  

I don't disagree with your main point at all about retreads.

But it's your last point dismissing it as as "money grab" that makes me ask.  So what's a company to do, not come out with a new product each year,  kind of hard to keep the ligjhts one with sales not increasing,  And if you just throw out more SIM 2's saying,  well this is the same old driver from last year and the year before, but go ahead and buy it.   No company in no industry really does that.   

Maybe because I'm in sales and invovled with marketing I'm a bit sensitive to it,   But I don't think it's fair to just call it a money grab. 

28 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

Yes, this thing has the carbonface mumbo jump thing to it, but really how's it any different?

Did you read the taylomade information about carbon face. The go into lots of details of what it allows them to do.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Tied to what the MGS blog has said about the staff all seeing their highest ball speeds ever with the Stealth. I'm curious if they got that off an increase in swing speed. I mean, I know(or kinda know) that the two tests for face deflection and rebound haven't change, the limits are still the limits and everyone has been making clubs to those limits for as long as they have been. I think the OEM's have gotten much better at offering heads that help different needs get the most out of them. Low spin/draw/max etc options I think are where people can see large distance gains in getting fit into a proper spin window. 

I know Cobra/Callaway have their fancy AI faces, if TM has found that they can do something similar with carbon for a better result, that could also increase average ball speed counting in mishits. 

As for the sound, I'm sure that it will get better... go hit an original Great Big Bertha circa 1999. Titanium drivers were not pleasant to listen too. Stealth might not be the best driver this year, but with a couple years under their belts it will be interesting to see how this has developed and if it does force the other OEMs to follow suit like the GBB did. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Did you read the taylomade information about carbon face. The go into lots of details of what it allows them to do.

I did, and I can understand like everything you have to keep moving the technology forward... I guess you can chalk me up as one that hears the words Taylor Made and start to roll my eyes more often than not.   

That said, I had the same type of thoughts when they came out with SIM2.  All those pieces of the head latched together with a couple bolts and carbon all over.  I had told a few friends I wouldn't be surprised if it doesnt fail or break a heck of a lot easier.  Ended up being right. 

I'm all for moving tech forward in the clubs.  It helps a lot of people.  BUT, where my ire gets up is the whole Marketing nonsense they force feed the public.  That's always just a bridge too far for me.. In my humble opinion, of course. 

BNewt51

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

But it's your last point dismissing it as as "money grab" that makes me ask.  So what's a company to do, not come out with a new product each year,  kind of hard to keep the ligjhts one with sales not increasing,  And if you just throw out more SIM 2's saying,  well this is the same old driver from last year and the year before, but go ahead and buy it.   No company in no industry really does that.   

Maybe because I'm in sales and invovled with marketing I'm a bit sensitive to it,   But I don't think it's fair to just call it a money grab. 

Great point and I guess it's like everything... People have differing opinions.  

Where I see the problem, mostly, is there are a few BIG companies that do pump out new clubs or improvements on a 2 year cycle.  Think Ping, Titleist, Mizuno, etc...  Putting a new club out with a new paint job on it every year doesn't win me over.  Now that's not to say my opinion is ANY better than anyone elses.  Nor is it to say I'm right.  BUT, for me I look at TM and Callaway in particular and can't help but think.... You do not have to push out new stuff EVERY year guys... 

The market would fully illustrate that my opinion is bunk in the numbers of people that buy new gear every year from them.  The market bares that there is still an appetite for it out there.  And that's absolutely fine.  I just view it as a "money grab" in a sense because they're REALLY not making wholesale improvements year on year.  Some they do, other years they don't really outside they go from green to brownish or white to red.  

That all said, I don't mean to offend in any way.  I'm just giving my take on it.  

BNewt51

14 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

I did, and I can understand like everything you have to keep moving the technology forward... I guess you can chalk me up as one that hears the words Taylor Made and start to roll my eyes more often than not.   

That said, I had the same type of thoughts when they came out with SIM2.  All those pieces of the head latched together with a couple bolts and carbon all over.  I had told a few friends I wouldn't be surprised if it doesnt fail or break a heck of a lot easier.  Ended up being right. 

I'm all for moving tech forward in the clubs.  It helps a lot of people.  BUT, where my ire gets up is the whole Marketing nonsense they force feed the public.  That's always just a bridge too far for me.. In my humble opinion, of course. 

We all have our biases; yours is anything TM says 😂.  I am personally biased against Cobra, not that they don’t make great clubs; they just don’t work or appeal to  me.   

based on that last sentence, you are in the right forum;   We all want to get past the marketing nonsense and see how the clubs performs and holds up. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Tied to what the MGS blog has said about the staff all seeing their highest ball speeds ever with the Stealth. I'm curious if they got that off an increase in swing speed. I mean, I know(or kinda know) that the two tests for face deflection and rebound haven't change, the limits are still the limits and everyone has been making clubs to those limits for as long as they have been. I think the OEM's have gotten much better at offering heads that help different needs get the most out of them. Low spin/draw/max etc options I think are where people can see large distance gains in getting fit into a proper spin window. 

I know Cobra/Callaway have their fancy AI faces, if TM has found that they can do something similar with carbon for a better result, that could also increase average ball speed counting in mishits. 

As for the sound, I'm sure that it will get better... go hit an original Great Big Bertha circa 1999. Titanium drivers were not pleasant to listen too. Stealth might not be the best driver this year, but with a couple years under their belts it will be interesting to see how this has developed and if it does force the other OEMs to follow suit like the GBB did. 

Good question on the swing speed - are those the highest too? It would be nice seeing that correlating data. So looking forward to trying your Stealth driver this coming summer 👍🤣

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I love how everyone gets SOOOOO bent out of shape about golf equipment release cycles, yet nobody complains about Apple or Ford, Toyota for simply providing "minor updates" every year that offer no real big performance changes over the previous year, yet their commercials make it sound is if the new model year car or next model phone is the best ever.

1 hour ago, BNewton51 said:

You can apply that to every golf company and every other consumer good on the market.

Nothing wrong with having biases but discrediting designs and the technology based on marketing makes no sense. And imo especially when it’s something that isn’t some overnight thing. 

Everyone was hyped and raved about jailbreak and then ai with Callaway. With or without that the drivers from Callaway work for some people and not for others. Just like sim and sim2

One of the best drivers in the last 7 years was the 2016 m1 and m2. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, BNewton51 said:

Great point and I guess it's like everything... People have differing opinions.  

Where I see the problem, mostly, is there are a few BIG companies that do pump out new clubs or improvements on a 2 year cycle.  Think Ping, Titleist, Mizuno, etc...  Putting a new club out with a new paint job on it every year doesn't win me over.  Now that's not to say my opinion is ANY better than anyone elses.  Nor is it to say I'm right.  BUT, for me I look at TM and Callaway in particular and can't help but think.... You do not have to push out new stuff EVERY year guys... 

The market would fully illustrate that my opinion is bunk in the numbers of people that buy new gear every year from them.  The market bares that there is still an appetite for it out there.  And that's absolutely fine.  I just view it as a "money grab" in a sense because they're REALLY not making wholesale improvements year on year.  Some they do, other years they don't really outside they go from green to brownish or white to red.  

That all said, I don't mean to offend in any way.  I'm just giving my take on it.  

Certainly not offended, ast least I'm not.  It's a good discussion, and trust me you are not alone in your thoughts.  

And actually the way you feel about gofl clubs is the way I feel about the Iphone, as I mentioned earlier.  To me there really wasn't a valid reason to buy the 8,9,10,X,XR,11 or 12 (did I miss one 🤔) until I finally relented and just bought a 13.  I mean my calls didn't get connected quicker, that tech is maxed out  🤣    J/K.   But yet I buy a driver (and yes we will for the sake of fun say A driver) each year, one because I love trying new shiny things, and two I love providing feedback to others about them.---so yeah I do it for the people 👏

So I totally get it when I hear thoughts such as yours, I think the companies on the two year cycle that  you mentiooned have done a great job of establishing that cycle pretty much sticking to it and staggering their products in althernating years, althought to be fair this is the 3rd year in a row that Mizuno has released multiple drivers.   

But I think TaylorMade doesn't get enough creidt for reigning in it's release cycle.  The internet is still littered with peole joking that they will wait 6 months and get the stelath when steath 2 comes out in July.  That hasn't been the case for at lest  5 years possibly 6 or 7.  

As we all know it comes down to individual choices, as you said, TM has found there is obviously enough of a demand out there to release every year.  It's up toeach individual golfer to determine if it's within their means to afford it and will they get enough enjoyment out of it.   Maybe they only gain 2 yards, maybe they don't gain any, but maybe they get to show it off at the course or club and be proud of it.   That may be hard for many to understand, but it's probably no different than many other consumer items. 

Good talk, thanks for chiming in on it.

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Certainly not offended, ast least I'm not.  It's a good discussion, and trust me you are not alone in your thoughts.  

And actually the way you feel about gofl clubs is the way I feel about the Iphone, as I mentioned earlier.  To me there really wasn't a valid reason to buy the 8,9,10,X,XR,11 or 12 (did I miss one 🤔) until I finally relented and just bought a 13.  I mean my calls didn't get connected quicker, that tech is maxed out  🤣    J/K.   But yet I buy a driver (and yes we will for the sake of fun say A driver) each year, one because I love trying new shiny things, and two I love providing feedback to others about them.---so yeah I do it for the people 👏

So I totally get it when I hear thoughts such as yours, I think the companies on the two year cycle that  you mentiooned have done a great job of establishing that cycle pretty much sticking to it and staggering their products in althernating years, althought to be fair this is the 3rd year in a row that Mizuno has released multiple drivers.   

But I think TaylorMade doesn't get enough creidt for reigning in it's release cycle.  The internet is still littered with peole joking that they will wait 6 months and get the stelath when steath 2 comes out in July.  That hasn't been the case for at lest  5 years possibly 6 or 7.  

As we all know it comes down to individual choices, as you said, TM has found there is obviously enough of a demand out there to release every year.  It's up toeach individual golfer to determine if it's within their means to afford it and will they get enough enjoyment out of it.   Maybe they only gain 2 yards, maybe they don't gain any, but maybe they get to show it off at the course or club and be proud of it.   That may be hard for many to understand, but it's probably no different than many other consumer items. 

Good talk, thanks for chiming in on it.

Callaway releases four new drivers every year 

Cobra releases 2 or 3 new drivers every year 

Titleist releases four new drivers every 2 years

Ping releases 3 three new drivers every 2 years

But for some reason a small segment of internet golfers loves jumping all over taylormade every year.

Its so predictable and sad at this point. But I guess that’s just the world we live in today: nobody wants to use facts to changed pre-determined opinions

Allegedly TaylorMade brings a new driver to market too often. Would someone care to explain how having new drivers available in the marketplace is a problem? Seems even less of a issue if I were to buy into the concept that these new drivers don't offer any performance improvement. 

Edited by Dog Faced Pony Soldier

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 w/ LA Golf DJ Signature Series (65-4)

3w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

5w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

7w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

4i-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX921 Forged w/ Nippon Modus Tour 105 S

54º: :vokey-small: SM9 D Grind w/ Nippon Modus Tour 105 S

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5vB w/ LA Golf P-Series SOHO 

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x  play #45

Ball mark: Kraken Golf - Revolver, Weight Plate, Turntable

Tracked and scored by :Arccos: 

Off topic about stealth but follows a bit of a trend of the last few posts. Did anyone notice that taylormade out out an 2021 version of the M4 driver and irons? I came across it yesterday and couldn’t find any info on the why. Maybe I am the minority and this just slipped past me. But why pump out an old product that’s been updated when you have newer models like the sim and stealth unless you have that much over stock of old parts. What’s different??. I could see if it’s to cover the price point but This baffled me a bit. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Callaway releases four new drivers every year 

Cobra releases 2 or 3 new drivers every year 

Titleist releases four new drivers every 2 years

Ping releases 3 three new drivers every 2 years

But for some reason a small segment of internet golfers loves jumping all over taylormade every year.

Its so predictable and sad at this point. But I guess that’s just the world we live in today: nobody wants to use facts to changed pre-determined opinions

And it’s funny that many of those who complain that there’s no improvement in the the new release from the previous ones aren’t the ones buying new anyways and or look for the best deal on older drivers. So why care if there’s new releases and if they perform better than the one they replaced 

42 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Off topic about stealth but follows a bit of a trend of the last few posts. Did anyone notice that taylormade out out an 2021 version of the M4 driver and irons? I came across it yesterday and couldn’t find any info on the why. Maybe I am the minority and this just slipped past me. But why pump out an old product that’s been updated when you have newer models like the sim and stealth unless you have that much over stock of old parts. What’s different??. I could see if it’s to cover the price point but This baffled me a bit. 

Is it a dsg or other company only product? They’ve done that with m2 and the sldr-c

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Is it a dsg or other company only product? They’ve done that with m2 and the sldr-c

Looks like TGw and PGA superstore from a short search. Yesterday I definitely saw them on the TM website 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

11 hours ago, Dog Faced Pony Soldier said:

Allegedly TaylorMade brings a new driver to market too often. Would someone care to explain how having new drivers available in the marketplace is a problem? Seems even less of a issue if I were to buy into the concept that these new drivers don't offer any performance improvement. 

As one of the admins posted yesterday, and I think it really cuts to the teeth of the discussion, everyone is okay to spend money on what they want.  If they have the means to do so and it makes them feel good, god bless. 

For me, my opinion in particular on the TM and Callaway's of the world, pretty clear by my previous posts.  Guess I'm just one of the few people on the inner webs 😃 as someone else pointed out that likes to not use facts to have an opinion.  

BNewt51

12 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

sssshhhh we can't talk about that company critically and or why they would bring out older product again.. Might cause a ruckus. 🤣 Just kidding.  

I did see it, and I can only assume that it was a popular line that did well with them so they offered them again to satisfy the demand.  That's the only reason I could think of. 

BNewt51

11 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

Looks like TGw and PGA superstore from a short search. Yesterday I definitely saw them on the TM website 

Hmm. Could be emptying the inventory. 

13 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

Callaway/TGW or someone has done the same thing with the old Mavrik.  Same head, different shaft and calling it the Mavrik 22.