TESTERS WANTED! ×

2022 TaylorMade Stealth Driver Line Official Launch

Richard Wise

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I just feel that any stock shaft that isn't the same exact design as the "real one", should be advertised as such.  We consistently see folks asking the "real deal or copy" question or, worse, buying a shaft under the presumption it's the same only to find out it is not.  IMO, it's underhanded marketing.

... I really think it is much more complicated that that. If TaylorMade offered a Ventus Blue with Velocore as the stock shaft in their drivers the average player would not like it at all and they would have no idea the problem was the shaft and just think the driver sucks. Yet that same guy hitting a much friendlier made for Ventus without a very stiff tip may love the driver having no idea the shaft fits them much better. If I had to make a random educated guess, I would think about 90% of every golfer walking into a golf store to hit the new drivers have no idea about "real ones" or "made for" shafts. Most golfers I have been paired up through the years have absolutely no idea what shaft they are hitting and shockingly many don't even know the flex. I know, seems crazy to us forum golfers but most average golfers are blissfuly ignorant. I also see average players using real deal aftermarket shafts that do not fit them at all but their relative gave it to them or they got it used for a great deal. I was just playing with a really good 78 yr old golfer that was using a Callaway low spin head with an Even Flow Black in x flex and carried the ball about 150 with a very low trajectory he thought was great in the desert. I had him hit my Sim2 Max with an r flex Tensei Blue and my guess is he carried it closer to 180 with a much higher ball flight and gained about 30-40 yds or more. He was pretty shocked and thought the higher flight would rob him of roll. He also had no idea he was playing an x flex shaft. This is a good player shooting an 82 at 78 yrs old and was completely clueless about his equipment. He said he was gonna go buy a used Sim2 Max and I told him to get fitted because there may be another driver and shaft that worked better for him and the only way to find out was through a fitting. 

... I spent quite a bit of time talking with an OEM years ago that wanted to offer a hot aftermarket shaft as stock in their driver. But they found through extensive play testing that the tip was too stiff and the average player did not like the feel or ball flight and hit it poorly. So they had the shaft OEM design a "Made For" shaft that was truly a Made For shaft with the same materials as the aftermarket shaft but increased the torque for better feel and softened the tip for a higher ball flight. It is one of the things I saw at the PGA Show Demo Day over and over again. "Knowledgable" media and golf store owners wanting to hit the hot aftermarket shaft and of course the OEM is happy to let them, but many more than not would hit poor shots and the rep would put them in a friendlier shaft which was often the made for shaft and they hit much better shots. Equally interesting is the grass roots PGA guys at the show would hit the made for shaft reasonably well, but almost always fine tuned with another after market shaft that performed better for their higher swing speed and more consistent contact. I honestly never saw a PGA guy hit a made for shaft and hit a bad shot or say "this is a POS". Just maybe a littler higher with more spin and not as tight of dispersion as an aftermarket shaft that fit their swing better. ALL made for shafts are good shafts. 

... Fwiw my personal opinion is those with equipment knowledge like forum members, know the made for shafts like Ventus are not a true aftermarket shaft so they are not being mislead. The rest have no idea what an aftermarket or Made For shaft is so they are not really misled either. Sim2 Max was not stocked retail with a Tensei Blue Raw shaft but the lower spinning Sim2 was because it was bought by better golfers that could handle the Tensei. I had to special order my Sim2 Max to get the Tensei Blue Raw shaft. So TM did offer a real deal Tensei shaft for no upcharge if you wanted one but only stocked the Ventus Made For because they knew it would fit the average golfer much better, not because they want to mislead them. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

And the club brands know there are more educated golfers who are going to either going to go to a place like dicks, gg, pgass to hit a bunch of clubs and shafts but not do a fitting and the shaft they put in the clubs that are in the rack might not be a fit for so they have other no upcharge shafts for that more educated golfer that come in different weights and flexes. They know these golfers aren’t going to spend $100-300 for upcharge aftermarket shafts so they buy some shafts like the hzrdus line in large quantities.

Then they know there are golfers who want to get fit and find what works either at no upcharge or for a premium price. It’s why when you look at shaft matrix from the different companies you will see 30+ shafts. You will also see that some companies charge more for certain upcharge shafts than others. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I really think it is much more complicated that that. If TaylorMade offered a Ventus Blue with Velocore as the stock shaft in their drivers the average player would not like it at all and they would have no idea the problem was the shaft and just think the driver sucks. Yet that same guy hitting a much friendlier made for Ventus without a very stiff tip may love the driver having no idea the shaft fits them much better. If I had to make a random educated guess, I would think about 90% of every golfer walking into a golf store to hit the new drivers have no idea about "real ones" or "made for" shafts. Most golfers I have been paired up through the years have absolutely no idea what shaft they are hitting and shockingly many don't even know the flex. I know, seems crazy to us forum golfers but most average golfers are blissfuly ignorant. I also see average players using real deal aftermarket shafts that do not fit them at all but their relative gave it to them or they got it used for a great deal. I was just playing with a really good 78 yr old golfer that was using a Callaway low spin head with an Even Flow Black in x flex and carried the ball about 150 with a very low trajectory he thought was great in the desert. I had him hit my Sim2 Max with an r flex Tensei Blue and my guess is he carried it closer to 180 with a much higher ball flight and gained about 30-40 yds or more. He was pretty shocked and thought the higher flight would rob him of roll. He also had no idea he was playing an x flex shaft. This is a good player shooting an 82 at 78 yrs old and was completely clueless about his equipment. He said he was gonna go buy a used Sim2 Max and I told him to get fitted because there may be another driver and shaft that worked better for him and the only way to find out was through a fitting. 

... I spent quite a bit of time talking with an OEM years ago that wanted to offer a hot aftermarket shaft as stock in their driver. But they found through extensive play testing that the tip was too stiff and the average player did not like the feel or ball flight and hit it poorly. So they had the shaft OEM design a "Made For" shaft that was truly a Made For shaft with the same materials as the aftermarket shaft but increased the torque for better feel and softened the tip for a higher ball flight. It is one of the things I saw at the PGA Show Demo Day over and over again. "Knowledgable" media and golf store owners wanting to hit the hot aftermarket shaft and of course the OEM is happy to let them, but many more than not would hit poor shots and the rep would put them in a friendlier shaft which was often the made for shaft and they hit much better shots. Equally interesting is the grass roots PGA guys at the show would hit the made for shaft reasonably well, but almost always fine tuned with another after market shaft that performed better for their higher swing speed and more consistent contact. I honestly never saw a PGA guy hit a made for shaft and hit a bad shot or say "this is a POS". Just maybe a littler higher with more spin and not as tight of dispersion as an aftermarket shaft that fit their swing better. ALL made for shafts are good shafts. 

... Fwiw my personal opinion is those with equipment knowledge like forum members, know the made for shafts like Ventus are not a true aftermarket shaft so they are not being mislead. The rest have no idea what an aftermarket or Made For shaft is so they are not really misled either. Sim2 Max was not stocked retail with a Tensei Blue Raw shaft but the lower spinning Sim2 was because it was bought by better golfers that could handle the Tensei. I had to special order my Sim2 Max to get the Tensei Blue Raw shaft. So TM did offer a real deal Tensei shaft for no upcharge if you wanted one but only stocked the Ventus Made For because they knew it would fit the average golfer much better, not because they want to mislead them. 

I get all that Sam, we're not differing on opinion about informed vs. uninformed or whether the co-engineered (looks like) shafts actually are better for many players.  My beef is that they make them look like the aftermarket shaft.  If it isn't the duck, don't make it look one. PING takes this approach and I applaud them for that 👏.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

24 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I get all that Sam, we're not differing on opinion about informed vs. uninformed or whether the co-engineered (looks like) shafts actually are better for many players.  My beef is that they make them look like the aftermarket shaft.  If it isn't the duck, don't make it look one. PING takes this approach and I applaud them for that 👏.

... Well on one hand you have a shaft similar to the aftermarket shaft but changed to be more user friendly. On the other you have Ping offering shafts they know fit their players best without any type of after market "copying". I would love to be in the meetings or focus groups to see why they take the different approaches but agree with you that Ping has a better or less confusing model. 👍

50 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Well on one hand you have a shaft similar to the aftermarket shaft but changed to be more user friendly. On the other you have Ping offering shafts they know fit their players best without any type of after market "copying". I would love to be in the meetings or focus groups to see why they take the different approaches but agree with you that Ping has a better or less confusing model. 👍

I had a long conversation with Ping reps from hq during the g400 release. Ping spends months gathering data and studying it before deciding what shafts will be offered both as stock/no upcharge and what will be upcharge. They don’t offer as many options with no upcharge or upcharge compared to the rest of the brands.

They also want their own line of shafts and this is where they got the Ping tour and the Alta shaft. These are engineered to work with their head design. The Ping tour shaft has been the same shaft for many years and has only gone thru paint scheme changes. They worked with UST on this design. I don’t have the details of that negotiation and process as it wasn’t shared with us during my UST visit. But UST used the elements chrome shaft profile to build the Ping tour. 

From what I understand based on y visit to PX is they are givens design characteristics the club company wants and what shaft they want it in. There were some hzrdus yellow shafts that were made for in the early years. That line was popular and they club companies wanted to take advantage of it. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I just had to, I really didn't want to, I HAD to...😎

TAYLORMADE STEALTH PLUS 9.0 1.jpg

TAYLORMADE STEALTH PLUS 9.0 2.jpg

TAYLORMADE STEALTH PLUS 9.0 3.jpg

TAYLORMADE STEALTH PLUS 9.0 4.jpg

TAYLORMADE STEALTH PLUS 9.0 5.jpg

TAYLORMADE STEALTH PLUS 9.0 6.jpg

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

To my surprise the Taylormade truck was at my golf course yesterday demoing the Stealth even though the course was closed due to freezing temps this week. I asked that someone hit it so I could hear the sound (I wasn't prepared to hit). I asked one one of the guys my age (69) to hit (low 90's speed). It sounded a bit muted to me compared to my TS2, but each strike was bombed and arrow straight! I was impressed and will go hit them at GG soon.

On 1/15/2022 at 2:25 PM, BostonSal said:

One nice thing about the new Stealth driver is that it reminded us old timers of Yonex!

wasnt the Yonex that Daley used a type of thermo plastic. I remember hitting it in 6 degrees

Family, old cars or bikes and GOLF

On 1/20/2022 at 3:33 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Certainly not offended, ast least I'm not.  It's a good discussion, and trust me you are not alone in your thoughts.  

And actually the way you feel about gofl clubs is the way I feel about the Iphone, as I mentioned earlier.  To me there really wasn't a valid reason to buy the 8,9,10,X,XR,11 or 12 (did I miss one 🤔) until I finally relented and just bought a 13.  I mean my calls didn't get connected quicker, that tech is maxed out  🤣    J/K.   But yet I buy a driver (and yes we will for the sake of fun say A driver) each year, one because I love trying new shiny things, and two I love providing feedback to others about them.---so yeah I do it for the people 👏

So I totally get it when I hear thoughts such as yours, I think the companies on the two year cycle that  you mentiooned have done a great job of establishing that cycle pretty much sticking to it and staggering their products in althernating years, althought to be fair this is the 3rd year in a row that Mizuno has released multiple drivers.   

But I think TaylorMade doesn't get enough creidt for reigning in it's release cycle.  The internet is still littered with peole joking that they will wait 6 months and get the stelath when steath 2 comes out in July.  That hasn't been the case for at lest  5 years possibly 6 or 7.  

As we all know it comes down to individual choices, as you said, TM has found there is obviously enough of a demand out there to release every year.  It's up toeach individual golfer to determine if it's within their means to afford it and will they get enough enjoyment out of it.   Maybe they only gain 2 yards, maybe they don't gain any, but maybe they get to show it off at the course or club and be proud of it.   That may be hard for many to understand, but it's probably no different than many other consumer items. 

Good talk, thanks for chiming in on it.

I think that its possible that we are missing some key data. I believe that their tour pros are pushing for more releases; and that drives more into the rest of the market. 

Family, old cars or bikes and GOLF

It may be terrible to other hard core MGSers, but I always get fit to the best fitting stock shaft.  I am still not willing to go for a custom premium shaft. I realize I am giving up some yards and dispersion (mostly with my driver, I still get a bit too much spin).

Will do the same with the Stealth and see how it compares to my TSi 3.  TM is saying that it will be more forgiving on misses... I will be interested to see if that's true.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

What’s weird is some people here are making this sound like club manufacturers are alone in this. Obviously the shaft manufacturers are involved… they’re building made-for shafts and applying a nearly identical label/graphic as their aftermarket products. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 w/ LA Golf DJ Signature Series (65-4)

3w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

5w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

7w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

4i-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX921 Forged w/ Nippon Modus Tour 105 S

54º: :vokey-small: SM9 D Grind w/ Nippon Modus Tour 105 S

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5vB w/ LA Golf P-Series SOHO 

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x  play #45

Ball mark: Kraken Golf - Revolver, Weight Plate, Turntable

Tracked and scored by :Arccos: 

"Made for" is not correct.  I paid $250 for an upgrade shaft (had to turn in original shaft).  That shaft costs $350 normally.  It is NOT a made for shaft.  And the original was NOT a made for shaft.  Those days are gone.  

I have a friend who used to build clubs for Koepka, Johnson and Lexi Thompson and now has his own shop.  He tested my "made for" shafts from my drivers and they are the real deal.

My new Stealth is on it's way through my golf course.

What's In the Bag

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° driver w/stiff Xcaliber Avalon 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-wood w/stiff Xcaliber Mystic 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-hybrid w/stiff Xcaliber RT shafts shaft
Malby KE4 Max irons with reg Xcaliber RT shafts
Callaway Jaws full toe 60° wedge with Project X Catalyst 80 wedge graphite shaft
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 CH stroke lab putter
Callaway Org 14 bag

I'm not over the hill.  I'm on the back nine.

1 hour ago, KC Golf said:

I realize I am giving up some yards and dispersion (mostly with my driver, I still get a bit too much spin).

Unless you have tested any against an upgrade or true aftermarket shaft and it showed less spin there’s not guarantee you are dropping spin with one because shafts don’t spin.

46 minutes ago, warbirdlover said:

"Made for" is not correct.  I paid $250 for an upgrade shaft (had to turn in original shaft).  That shaft costs $350 normally.  It is NOT a made for shaft.  And the original was NOT a made for shaft.  Those days are gone.  

I have a friend who used to build clubs for Koepka, Johnson and Lexi Thompson and now has his own shop.  He tested my "made for" shafts from my drivers and they are the real deal.

My new Stealth is on it's way through my golf course.

Made for us absolutely correct. The ventus red shaft on the stealth is made specifically for TaylorMade as is the ventus blue for Callaway, as was the im10 for Callaway, a helium black for Callaway, theres is a made for Callaway speeder shaft and many others along the way. 

What shafts did you buddy test? What test did he do?

3 hours ago, MCB14230 said:

wasnt the Yonex that Daley used a type of thermo plastic.

... Cobra:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-cobra-golf-john-daly-cobra-110892322

3 hours ago, KC Golf said:

It may be terrible to other hard core MGSers, but I always get fit to the best fitting stock shaft.  I am still not willing to go for a custom premium shaft.

... Does that include no upcharge premium shafts offered by many OEMs? Many offer quite a few premium shafts for no additional cost. 

I've been a Taylormade Driver guy, going back to the Bubble Burner - but, I'm going to wait until the MGS Driver Test before I make any buying decisions.  Then will take the top 3 in my swing speed range and put them on a launch monitor to figure out my best option.

But, I'm itching to try and buy, so come on MyGolfSpy - let's have the numbers!!!

-- Peejer

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.759aae909d1e285c243d16aec01bb7c2.png ELIXR
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

9 hours ago, Peejer said:

I've been a Taylormade Driver guy, going back to the Bubble Burner - but, I'm going to wait until the MGS Driver Test before I make any buying decisions.  Then will take the top 3 in my swing speed range and put them on a launch monitor to figure out my best option.

But, I'm itching to try and buy, so come on MyGolfSpy - let's have the numbers!!!

-- Peejer

What makes you think the top three will be the best for you?  If you are going to get on a launch monitor you are better off just doing that instead of waiting for the results.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I was listening to a golf podcast yesterday and they brought-up something interesting to watch-for down the road with this carbon face: pitting. 
In the South, many of our ranges are based with sand, and we always have sand on the range balls. An issue for us could be pitting of the carbon face caused by the grains of sand being smashed at 100 mph or more, a lot! A steel face shows some wear, and on pvd clubs we even see the “bursts” from water leaving marks so I’m curious how the Stealth face holds-up in the South with all of the sand.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I got the driver this past week. Tried it indoors on a trackman, ball speeds were up 4mph. I had ball speeds over 170 which I never had before. Highest I went before was 168, now my new high is 172.

On the course I find it to be more forgiving, and distance wise on average a couple more yards than my TSi3 driver.

Edited by BeansGuy
spelling

Srixon ZX7 Mk II Irons 5-9

Titleist U505 2 Iron 

PING G430 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland 3 Wood

2024 Calloway Ai Smoke Triple Diamond Driver with Oban shaft

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 Putter

Taylormade 2024 TP5x 

On 2/7/2022 at 11:57 AM, chisag said:

This is such a great post with so much truth in it.   I hope most take the time to read it, they may  learn a thing or two.

It should be pinned in every shaft conversation! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Another win by a non staff member.

Couple interesting things that stand out with schefflers setup. 

1) he switched from g400 lst to the stealth plus.

2) wrx lists his shaft as the ventus back 7x but golfweek shows he has hzrdus smoke green 60x.  If it’s the smoke green then it’s the same shaft anyone can get at no upcharge. If it’s the ventus black it’s the shaft that anyone can order for upcharge without having to go to an aftermarket dealer for the TX version.

I am watching a TaylorMade Dealer Presentation by all the Product people from TM.  They have covered the entire line and are now taking questions.

Of course the question came up about the durability of the Stealth face.  Tomo Bysted one of the most senior engineers at TM said many things about it.   One he metnioned how durable polyurethane is a product to begin with.  In fact I didn't knwo this, but it's used as the lining inside just about every cement truck out there, as a way to protect the interior walls of the tank, so that it self shows it's pretty durabel.    Beyond that he said the face of this driver has been tested more than any other drive in the history of TM and has held up far longer and better than any model ever. 

9 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Beyond that he said the face of this driver has been tested more than any other drive in the history of TM and has held up far longer and better than any model ever. 

Wait, I thought it was all marketing talk and a simple human fingernail could do irreparable damage? 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

7 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I am watching a TaylorMade Dealer Presentation by all the Product people from TM.  They have covered the entire line and are now taking questions.

Of course the question came up about the durability of the Stealth face.  Tomo Bysted one of the most senior engineers at TM said many things about it.   One he metnioned how durable polyurethane is a product to begin with.  In fact I didn't knwo this, but it's used as the lining inside just about every cement truck out there, as a way to protect the interior walls of the tank, so that it self shows it's pretty durabel.    Beyond that he said the face of this driver has been tested more than any other drive in the history of TM and has held up far longer and better than any model ever. 

I'll be storing that one in the useless knowledge bucket while I'm watching Jeopardy haha.

Not surprised that TM over-tested this one considering the change from titanium, and I also wouldn't be surpised if there are some that fail and the internet overreacts to the 0.000001% that end up with issues.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

31 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Not surprised that TM over-tested this one considering the change from titanium, and I also wouldn't be surpised if there are some that fail and the internet overreacts to the 0.000001% that end up with issues.  

... Of course this will not stop some, especially on other golf forums, from making claims that the face is garbage and cracks, dents or falls apart. People just love to complain. 

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Wait, I thought it was all marketing talk and a simple human fingernail could do irreparable damage? 

Well that's what the internet says, so it must be true 😀

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I'll be storing that one in the useless knowledge bucket while I'm watching Jeopardy haha.

I"ll take What's in a Truck for 1000!.....HA

51 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Of course this will not stop some, especially on other golf forums, from making claims that the face is garbage and cracks, dents or falls apart. People just love to complain. 

And one particular poster on this one as well 🙄

On 2/8/2022 at 7:05 AM, cnosil said:

What makes you think the top three will be the best for you?  If you are going to get on a launch monitor you are better off just doing that instead of waiting for the results.  

Because there are dozens of drivers available, I'm not going to try them all.  This is how I choose to do it.  Fortunately for you, I don't make the rules for every golfer on the planet - you can choose to do it, or not do it, any way you like.

635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.759aae909d1e285c243d16aec01bb7c2.png ELIXR
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

On 2/8/2022 at 8:12 AM, PMookie said:

I was listening to a golf podcast yesterday and they brought-up something interesting to watch-for down the road with this carbon face: pitting. 
In the South, many of our ranges are based with sand, and we always have sand on the range balls. An issue for us could be pitting of the carbon face caused by the grains of sand being smashed at 100 mph or more, a lot! A steel face shows some wear, and on pvd clubs we even see the “bursts” from water leaving marks so I’m curious how the Stealth face holds-up in the South with all of the sand.

I have no science to back up the following statement, but I've long been a firm believer that a lot of club damage happens from the range when people don't clean off the face.  That grass is sitting on dirt/sand combination and hitting shot after shot, with sand on the face, damages the clubs.  Again, no science - just logic.

-- Peejer

image.png1500Li Cart

Denver, Colorado

On 1/4/2022 at 3:00 PM, golfingbrock said:

Imagine a yellow face with a green sole with Amen corner airbrushed on top 

The Masters Golf Augusta National | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos  and Highlights

Those are the sickest J’s ever

Gratefully,

Jordan Churchill

Well I hit a 9* Steath Plus today with my Ventus 5R on the local trugolf simulator.  Definitely long. I need to add a little more weight to the head. Not sure the 8* would be right for me as I was launching the 9* turned up 1 notch plenty low. It went surprisingly straight once I moved the weight all the way to the toe.  Not much curve either way.  Feel is tough to judge indoors as sound can play a factor but a few really felt like the ball rebounded like a bouncy ball lol.  I’m buying this one as I struck out twice on the 8* which may actually be a blessing.  The head looks amazing and the red face is not that noticeable when at address. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie