TESTERS WANTED! ×

2022 TaylorMade Stealth Driver Line Official Launch

Richard Wise

59 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Well I hit a 9* Steath Plus today with my Ventus 5R on the local trugolf simulator.  Definitely long. I need to add a little more weight to the head. Not sure the 8* would be right for me as I was launching the 9* turned up 1 notch plenty low. It went surprisingly straight once I moved the weight all the way to the toe.  Not much curve either way.  Feel is tough to judge indoors as sound can play a factor but a few really felt like the ball rebounded like a bouncy ball lol.  I’m buying this one as I struck out twice on the 8* which may actually be a blessing.  The head looks amazing and the red face is not that noticeable when at address. 

Did you check to see if they accepted golden tickets as payment? 😆  Curious what added ball speed/distance you saw over your current driver.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Did you check to see if they accepted golden tickets as payment? 😆  Curious what added ball speed/distance you saw over your current driver.

I am saving that bad boy!  
Af far as distance and ball speed differential goes, it’s hard to tell since I didn’t take my 0211 with me as this was just a Sim day with my dad. I’m hoping to get them both on there soon. Like I mentioned I need to add a little weight to the Stealth head as it felt quite a bit lighter than I’m used to. That should also boost ball speed. 

Looking through my emails from my 2 rounds it appears I had slightly more ball speed with the 0211 but an average of 6 yards more with the stealth due to less spin.  Of course this is 2 weeks apart with different shafts and even different balls. Also the 0211 head is 8g heavier. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

• 1 month later...

So I did a thing yesterday.  I guess you could say a Phil thing.   It was my first 18 hole round of the year and came in a 2 man scramble at our course in our Irish Open.  

Not having a lot of time with the Stealth in course yet I wasn’t 100% confident in it.  So I took it snd my trusty TSi1 out 

So fortunately my partner was playing the white tees and as a senior I got to play the gold   So he was always hitting first  if he hit a good one in play   Then I’d take the stealth and see if I could get us further down the fairway. If he was not good I’d take the fairway finding machine TSi   

Well without recapping hole by hole  I ended up hitting them about the same amount of times. 

The results were aboit whst I expected.  The TSI was in the middle of the fairway every time.   The stealth went farther by maybe 10 yards  but had a bit more dispersion.  Not bad. Most were in the outer edge of the fairway or first foot or two of l rough, which isn’t even rough this time of year. 

The flight was a bit lower and it seems to spin less, so it got some roll out.  Not as much as I would like as we had some pretty soft ground from rain the previous day. 

But overall I was happy with it.  I think I’ll adjust the lift up 1 degree from the current 10.5 and see what that does. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So I wanted to add about another member of the Stealth family.  I just got the 3 HL model in.  Basically a 4 wood at 16.5 degrees. 

I had hit it a few times earlier in the week when I went out for a couple 9 hole rounds.  And it was like a missile.  

so yesterday I had it thinking I might need it to reach a long par 4 if we used my partners tee shot. 

But we came to our 2nd to last hole and while we weren’t in contention we really needed a par here to shoot under on the back nine.  It is the toughest driving hole of the 18.   So naturally he went int the water on the right. 

So knowing we needed to hit the fairway as it’s a pretty decent 370 yard uphill approach par 4.   I took the 3 wood.   And wa-la.  Perfect high fade right down the pipe.   Left us about 155 in.  That’s aboit the same distance as a lot of drives I’ve hit on that hole.  A few times I might be 140 out when it’s firm. 

I may have found something with this. Club. It makes me want to look at the 7 wood or hybrids as well. 

25 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I may have found something with this. Club.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So I wanted to add about another member of the Stealth family.  I just got the 3 HL model in.  Basically a 4 wood at 16.5 degrees. 

I had hit it a few times earlier in the week when I went out for a couple 9 hole rounds.  And it was like a missile.  

so yesterday I had it thinking I might need it to reach a long par 4 if we used my partners tee shot. 

But we came to our 2nd to last hole and while we weren’t in contention we really needed a par here to shoot under on the back nine.  It is the toughest driving hole of the 18.   So naturally he went int the water on the right. 

So knowing we needed to hit the fairway as it’s a pretty decent 370 yard uphill approach par 4.   I took the 3 wood.   And wa-la.  Perfect high fade right down the pipe.   Left us about 155 in.  That’s aboit the same distance as a lot of drives I’ve hit on that hole.  A few times I might be 140 out when it’s firm. 

I may have found something with this. Club. It makes me want to look at the 7 wood or hybrids as well. 

Hmmmmmm. You’ve piqued my interest.  I love my Speedzone 5 wood, but I’m sometimes curious about a HL 3 wood / 4 wood for a touch more reach. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Hmmmmmm. You’ve piqued my interest.  I love my Speedzone 5 wood, but I’m sometimes curious about a HL 3 wood / 4 wood for a touch more reach. 

... It is a killer club. Same head size as a 3 wood but more loft and easier to hit off the deck as well as less spin than a 5 wood. Depending on wind and the course, I have my 3 and 5 in the bag and other days I take both out and just play my 3HL. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

48 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I bought an F 7 3 and 5 wood, and for the last 3 years I've played the 5w on the 3w shaft. It's become my only wood and probably the most consistent club in my bag. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow. A week later than originally quoted and a week earlier than the second delay email I got. I love the 3hl and this will be my 3rd one

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

The most peculiar experience to get this new club. First of all went down to local GolfStore, tested the Stealth, Plus and HD and on the launch monitor, I was barely hitting it 200yds, and it was showing this exaggerated cut/slice. ( my normal is a Baby cut or straight ball) Walked out of the store without the club since it was horrible performance.

Played on a tournament a few weeks ago and my playing partner had the Stealth HD, so I hit TWO shots in the range and it was the straightest and deepest ball I have hit. Licking my chops. but.. still hesitant.

Went to the PGASS, tried the same driver, and again, it was weird, not a straight ball, and barely 220yds. 

So, went to the TM site and as a veteran you get 15% discount, now that price tag is not as bad. Purchase the HD 9.0 version.

Got it a few days ago, went to the range and again, straight bombs, ball felt it was jumping off the the club.  So don't be discourage in indoor monitors is not the same hitting outside and getting a true visual. 

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

6 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

The most peculiar experience to get this new club. First of all went down to local GolfStore, tested the Stealth, Plus and HD and on the launch monitor, I was barely hitting it 200yds, and it was showing this exaggerated cut/slice. ( my normal is a Baby cut or straight ball) Walked out of the store without the club since it was horrible performance.

Played on a tournament a few weeks ago and my playing partner had the Stealth HD, so I hit TWO shots in the range and it was the straightest and deepest ball I have hit. Licking my chops. but.. still hesitant.

Went to the PGASS, tried the same driver, and again, it was weird, not a straight ball, and barely 220yds. 

So, went to the TM site and as a veteran you get 15% discount, now that price tag is not as bad. Purchase the HD 9.0 version.

Got it a few days ago, went to the range and again, straight bombs, ball felt it was jumping off the the club.  So don't be discourage in indoor monitors is not the same hitting outside and getting a true visual. 

I used to have the hardest time getting up to my normal swing speed and as a result of not feeling comfortable ended up with lots of cuts and slices.  Not saying that was the issue you were facing, but I know that's what it was for me.  On top of that, I feel like the simulator makes your off-line shots look even more offline to you eye since you're often trailing the ball and "zooming in" more than you'd see with your eye on the course.

Awesome to see your Stealth is off to a good start on the range!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I used to have the hardest time getting up to my normal swing speed and as a result of not feeling comfortable ended up with lots of cuts and slices.  Not saying that was the issue you were facing, but I know that's what it was for me.  On top of that, I feel like the simulator makes your off-line shots look even more offline to you eye since you're often trailing the ball and "zooming in" more than you'd see with your eye on the course.

Awesome to see your Stealth is off to a good start on the range!

I agree with you, not getting comfortable and the simulator looking offline.
Of course tomorrow is the real test, playing at the course, if it performs as good as in the range, it was worth the investment.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)

When I was at the Ping demo day yesterday I finished on the range hitting some shots with the Honma and the Stealth. One thing that stood out once I put the Stealth down to hit a ball was how small it looked comparatively to the LST and especially the Honma. I’ve been playing the big/round Honma and the Cobra the last year so it’s surprising how small the Stealth looks. I am ready to get it back on-course tomorrow afternoon. Fairways will be pretty wet, so I’ll be lofting-up to get max carry!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 3/25/2022 at 4:05 PM, MrBandit said:

I agree with you, not getting comfortable and the simulator looking offline.
Of course tomorrow is the real test, playing at the course, if it performs as good as in the range, it was worth the investment.

Played this weekend with the Stealth, not as good as in the range felt like I was over swinging a bit, lots of cuts, but the the missed hits still went pretty decent and it was all in the fairway.
Need to put my old shaft Nippo Regio Formula MB+ on it and test it with see if that helps my over swigging. I did notice how small the head is and super light. 

On 3/25/2022 at 4:56 PM, MrBandit said:

I’m checking with Brock to confirm your statements. 😜

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

On 4/2/2022 at 12:37 PM, GolfSpy_CS said:

I’m checking with Brock to confirm your statements. 😜

You can't take anything from him , he only believes on fake Callaway equipment from China

On 3/28/2022 at 9:23 AM, MrBandit said:

Played this weekend with the Stealth, not as good as in the range felt like I was over swinging a bit, lots of cuts, but the the missed hits still went pretty decent and it was all in the fairway.
Need to put my old shaft Nippo Regio Formula MB+ on it and test it with see if that helps my over swigging. I did notice how small the head is and super light. 

Played with the Nippon shaft and a big difference..lot more sturdy and comfortable with the swing.

Better results..fairway finder still working,  alot further than before..

Because of the smaller head concentration on center hits even better.

Not trying to stir the pot (oh hell yea I am 😆) but what are we hearing about the Stealth's health as it pertains to the deteriorating face?  Has that turned out to be a red herring?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

8 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Not trying to stir the pot (oh hell yea I am 😆) but what are we hearing about the Stealth's health as it pertains to the deteriorating face?  Has that turned out to be a red herring?  

I've had mine in play for 3 or 4 rounds and seveal range sessions.  Not a sign of wear or tear on the face in anyway.   And a good amount of those range balls are well worn or scuffed.

So at least IMO, the talk about the detoriating face is either myth or very rare one offs!

9 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I’ve only seen one issue reported and that was the face plate coming off the driver. No other reports of damage as was noted on here at the pga show

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

14 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Good timing to see this today. I had a session with my fitter this morning (putter tweaks), and we always talk about all things equipment. Remembering this thread, I asked about his experience. He said they've had two faces come off, and all of their fitting heads look rather rough (sorry, I didn't think to take a picture). He's not a fan: "First generation. Let's see next year."

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

On 3/28/2022 at 10:23 AM, MrBandit said:

Need to put my old shaft Nippo Regio Formula MB+ on it and test it with see if that helps my over swigging

That over swigging will get you every time!  LOL.  🍺

:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX, Project X Cypher Black 40 Graphite 5.5

image.png.5437ebe1f69b3330b39e21119440731c.png G425 Max 5-wood

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png CBX ZipCore Chrome 52* 56* 60* Wedges

:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Buckingham putter

I'm not seeing any issues with excessive wear and I've had mine since the week after release.  I am seeing about a 2 mph increase in ball speed and 3 to 4 yards of distance gain over the SIM2 with better dispersion thus far.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Did anyone in this group look at the plus model in comparison to other low spinning driver to how it performs?

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

Did anyone in this group look at the plus model in comparison to other low spinning driver to how it performs?

I didn't compare to other lower spinning models but did compare to my SIM2 gamer as well as the set up that I eventually went with in the Stealth.  We tried a variety of shafts and settings with the lower spinning model  but it was clearly not the best choice for me.  It did however reduce spin, and launch and overall height.  If we got enough loft on the head to increase the loft then the spin reduction was minimal and the dispersion wasn't as good.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

2 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Looks like its not that forgiving if Tiger can't even keep it in play 🙃

Scotty Cameron missed him a few putts too….🙃

Edited by Tyler86

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

Played my first 18 holes with it yesterday.   Hit 10/13 fairways.   Used 3 wood on one hole—it was the Stealth by the way! 

It was a steady rain and cold the first 9 holes so between the temp and no roll out, it was tough to make any distance judgements.  But overall.  A vey good day right it  

16 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Played my first 18 holes with it yesterday.   Hit 10/13 fairways.   Used 3 wood on one hole—it was the Stealth by the way! 

It was a steady rain and cold the first 9 holes so between the temp and no roll out, it was tough to make any distance judgements.  But overall.  A vey good day right it  

Tell me more about the Stealth 3 wood.  I still toy with the idea that I may one day find one of these that I can hit.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

3 hours ago, revkev said:

Tell me more about the Stealth 3 wood.  I still toy with the idea that I may one day find one of these that I can hit.

I have the 3HL (High Launch) which is 16.5, so really it's the same as my TSI 4 wood.  It does seem  a bit easier to launch than the TSI, and I haven't done any extensive side by side testing.  But just from some shots I've hit on course with it, it seems to be a bit hotter off the face (Iit has a titanium face not a Carbon) seems to get a few more yards.   It's been good off the tee as well where I just have to make sure I'm in the fairway and I seem to get about 180 to 190 off the tee with it.

Not internet golfer long, but good enough for me on most of the holes I use it on are hardly more than 350 yards.