Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2022 TaylorMade Stealth Driver Line Official Launch

Richard Wise

Prediction.  Scottie wins The Masters, and Stealth sales increase.  How's that for going out on a limb? 😆  Anyone know how how many in the field are playing the driver and/or fairway woods?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

17 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I have the 3HL (High Launch) which is 16.5, so really it's the same as my TSI 4 wood.  It does seem  a bit easier to launch than the TSI, and I haven't done any extensive side by side testing.  But just from some shots I've hit on course with it, it seems to be a bit hotter off the face (Iit has a titanium face not a Carbon) seems to get a few more yards.   It's been good off the tee as well where I just have to make sure I'm in the fairway and I seem to get about 180 to 190 off the tee with it.

Not internet golfer long, but good enough for me on most of the holes I use it on are hardly more than 350 yards. 

How does that compare to your 5 wood?  I'm taking it the shaft is longer so you should get a bit more distance out of it.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

37 minutes ago, revkev said:

How does that compare to your 5 wood?  I'm taking it the shaft is longer so you should get a bit more distance out of it.

It’s a 3w length club with more loft. Best of both worlds. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

59 minutes ago, revkev said:

I don’t have a 5w in the bag. The Stealth 7 wood just came in.  It’s 21 degrees.  I will go back and forth between it and my  20 degree TSi1 hybrid to see which I get better results with. 

But what RB said below is correct. 

20 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 1/4/2022 at 11:34 AM, MattF said:

Prices are getting into the "it's a no dawg" area for me. I know, technology and all that stuff, but we'll soon be seeing $1,000 MSRP for drivers.

Remember when we thought PXG pricing was outrageous?  Even XXIO is now becoming reasonable. 

Titleist TSR 11 degree, HZRDS Red R 44.75 LH

Titleist TSR-1 5/7 Woods LH

Titleist TSR-1 23 Hybrid LH

Titleist T200  7-48 - T350 6 Tensai AMT Red LH

Titleist SM9 50-54-58 TT AMT Red LH

Scotty Phantom X 7.5 RH

Not saying this is happening out there in fitting-land, but when you consider the very small gains in successive product launches, the LM / data set control, and the while not openly advertised but no doubt there push to sell products, two images come to mind 😆.

image.jpeg.e60e79ff0366c5f34902feb71a816bcd.jpeg

The Man Behind The Curtain GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

17 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Not saying this is happening out there in fitting-land, but when you consider the very small gains in successive product launches, the LM / data set control, and the while not openly advertised but no doubt there push to sell products, two images come to mind 😆.

image.jpeg.e60e79ff0366c5f34902feb71a816bcd.jpeg

The Man Behind The Curtain GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Ha. Love those! 

While I think most legit fitters are on the level.  You’d have to be naive to think that doesn’t happen in some places. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Not sure if it had been mentioned it asked, but where does TM go from here with their drivers?

Now with carbon face I'm sure they can say they improve consistency of ball speed across the face, but they have bits and pieces from all their last 5 or 6 drivers built in and if there wasn't too much gain vs Sim2 for some I find it hard that they will be able to hype up the next version of Stealth. 

TM has done an incredible job pushing boundaries and making new Innovations that I'm sure they will come up with something, but when thinking for what they could do next outside of adding more adjustability it's a bit hard to see where they can really improve a lot over stealth. 

To this point it reminds me a bit of the original M2 and how that stayed in bags for a long long time and is still known as one of the better older drivers to look into. Could the Stealth be the new M2?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not sure if it had been mentioned it asked, but where does TM go from here with their drivers?

Now with carbon face I'm sure they can say they improve consistency of ball speed across the face, but they have bits and pieces from all their last 5 or 6 drivers built in and if there wasn't too much gain vs Sim2 for some I find it hard that they will be able to hype up the next version of Stealth. 

TM has done an incredible job pushing boundaries and making new Innovations that I'm sure they will come up with something, but when thinking for what they could do next outside of adding more adjustability it's a bit hard to see where they can really improve a lot over stealth. 

To this point it reminds me a bit of the original M2 and how that stayed in bags for a long long time and is still known as one of the better older drivers to look into. Could the Stealth be the new M2?

... As you know most OEMs have clubs for the next 5 years in their pipeline. Successive years usually have minor tweaks like "moving 5 gms enabled us to improve launch and reduce spin as well as improving the MOI". Of course what it doesn't say is the percentage of improvement is 2.76% which for about 99.276% of golfers would mean no change. I expect little change with next years Stealth but the year after?

... But in their defense, there are more than a few golfers waiting for the 2nd generation a new product and the OEMs need to get their attention. And of course there are the average golfers out there that have little to no knowledge about equipment and their driver is 5-10yrs old and they won't look at new drivers until they decide they want one, and OEMs really have to get their attention. I do not envy OEMs that have to walk that fine line between providing advances for golfers that actually need new clubs and hyping a product that is basically no better than last years model.

... Some lose sight of the fact that they are a 1) business and their primary goal is to make money not 2) help golfers play better. Of course they would love to do both but 1) will always be more important than 2). Like banks that say "We understand you had a rough month so we are going to wave that overdraft fee for insufficient funds in your checking account" 🤣

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It’s not just in the club technology of itself but also in the manufacturing process that’s evolving as well. TM talks about this in the press release for the stealth, as well as the advancement in the carbon face.

As mentioned above by chisag these companies are working on things now that are years away from hitting the market. The release for the beginning of next year is probably half way thru the testing cycle and will be getting into hands of pros for feedback soon then tweaks to the design will come with more testing. 

Who knows if/when we will see things like graphene used in clubs. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

7 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s not just in the club technology of itself but also in the manufacturing process that’s evolving as well. TM talks about this in the press release for the stealth, as well as the advancement in the carbon face.

As mentioned above by chisag these companies are working on things now that are years away from hitting the market. The release for the beginning of next year is probably half way thru the testing cycle and will be getting into hands of pros for feedback soon then tweaks to the design will come with more testing. 

Who knows if/when we will see things like graphene used in clubs. 

Oh I know they already have next year's release done and ready, but ad a consumer for me it is hard to imagine where the next step is? Of course there will be something along with some new tag line, but with stealth being s pretty significant jump in terms of new tech I'll be curious if it is more of a down year so to speak next season (2nd gen m1 M2 like) where i don't think either of those did amazingly well compared to the previous year.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Oh I know they already have next year's release done and ready, but ad a consumer for me it is hard to imagine where the next step is? Of course there will be something along with some new tag line, but with stealth being s pretty significant jump in terms of new tech I'll be curious if it is more of a down year so to speak next season (2nd gen m1 M2 like) where i don't think either of those did amazingly well compared to the previous year.

... Amen. 2nd tweak year is always a tough sell. Playing the Sim Max I had an opportunity to "upgrade" to the Sim2 Max at no cost and the company line was the Sim2 was a more forgiving version of the Sim along with improved performance from the forged ring. If I could do it over I would still be playing the original Max as I liked the sound and feel just little more and found performance for me at at least to be identical. 

"

• FORGED RING CONSTRUCTION

Forged from a lightweight and high strength aluminum that is milled to an exacting shape, Forged Ring Construction unites a massive rear weight, a full carbon sole, crown and a milled back cup face. Creating a confidence-inspiring driver designed for increased stability and forgiveness.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

31 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I'm betting heavily that Gen 2 Stealth is marketed to be thinner and lighter. They will say gen 1 was over engineered so that reliability would have no issues. But now after a year they knew better where they could make it thinner for more weight savings and faster ball speeds. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

33 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

There was actually some improvement in spin with the 2017 m1 for some golfers whereas m2 was maybe a slight step back, but yeah that was a year to year release that wasn’t an improvement for most. But remember year to year upgrades aren’t what most golfers do so there is improvement for the golfers that had r5,r7,r11 maybe rbz (those who already generated a lot of spin).

Those on m5/6 maybe sim could benefit from next gen stealth assuming they stay with the name. Maybe somebody coming from another brand looking to upgrade. 

We know that speed, weight management are always going to be what the smart people in r&d are looking at along with stability and forgiveness across the face, also why they get paid the big bucks. They are probably looking at things they saw in development of this version of stealth and how they can improve on some of the stuff they didn’t do because results weren’t good. Could be shape, overall size, combo of both 

On 4/9/2022 at 10:22 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

I really need to give one a try - I had the SLDR HL and hit it reasonably well - 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Just now, revkev said:

I really need to give one a try - I had the SLDR HL and hit it reasonably well - 

If you can get your hands on a 2016 m2 3hl it was the best I’ve hit. Other options would be to order a 16.5-17.5° wood and have it built to 3w length. Ping g410 5w built this way was good for me. I have an m5 built like this that’s still in my bag.