Jump to content

2022 TaylorMade Stealth Driver Line Official Launch


Richard Wise

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Not trying to stir the pot (oh hell yea I am 😆) but what are we hearing about the Stealth's health as it pertains to the deteriorating face?  Has that turned out to be a red herring?  

I’ve only seen one issue reported and that was the face plate coming off the driver. No other reports of damage as was noted on here at the pga show

  • Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Not trying to stir the pot (oh hell yea I am 😆) but what are we hearing about the Stealth's health as it pertains to the deteriorating face?  Has that turned out to be a red herring?  

Good timing to see this today. I had a session with my fitter this morning (putter tweaks), and we always talk about all things equipment. Remembering this thread, I asked about his experience. He said they've had two faces come off, and all of their fitting heads look rather rough (sorry, I didn't think to take a picture). He's not a fan: "First generation. Let's see next year."

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/28/2022 at 10:23 AM, MrBandit said:

Need to put my old shaft Nippo Regio Formula MB+ on it and test it with see if that helps my over swigging

That over swigging will get you every time!  LOL.  🍺

  • Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max Driver, 9*, Project X HZRDUS Smoke 50g

:callaway-small: Epic Max 3-wood,  Project X HZRDUS Smoke 

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite

:Sub70:       286 Forged Wedges, 52* and 56*

:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Buckingham putter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not seeing any issues with excessive wear and I've had mine since the week after release.  I am seeing about a 2 mph increase in ball speed and 3 to 4 yards of distance gain over the SIM2 with better dispersion thus far.

  • Like 3

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did anyone in this group look at the plus model in comparison to other low spinning driver to how it performs?

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

Did anyone in this group look at the plus model in comparison to other low spinning driver to how it performs?

I didn't compare to other lower spinning models but did compare to my SIM2 gamer as well as the set up that I eventually went with in the Stealth.  We tried a variety of shafts and settings with the lower spinning model  but it was clearly not the best choice for me.  It did however reduce spin, and launch and overall height.  If we got enough loft on the head to increase the loft then the spin reduction was minimal and the dispersion wasn't as good.

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like its not that forgiving if Tiger can't even keep it in play 🙃

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler hybrids some combo of 2H-5H

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

:ping-small: G700 4i, Glide 2.0 54, 58*

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Looks like its not that forgiving if Tiger can't even keep it in play 🙃

Scotty Cameron missed him a few putts too….🙃

Edited by Tyler86

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played my first 18 holes with it yesterday.   Hit 10/13 fairways.   Used 3 wood on one hole—it was the Stealth by the way! 

It was a steady rain and cold the first 9 holes so between the temp and no roll out, it was tough to make any distance judgements.  But overall.  A vey good day right it  

  • Like 4

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Played my first 18 holes with it yesterday.   Hit 10/13 fairways.   Used 3 wood on one hole—it was the Stealth by the way! 

It was a steady rain and cold the first 9 holes so between the temp and no roll out, it was tough to make any distance judgements.  But overall.  A vey good day right it  

Tell me more about the Stealth 3 wood.  I still toy with the idea that I may one day find one of these that I can hit.

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, revkev said:

Tell me more about the Stealth 3 wood.  I still toy with the idea that I may one day find one of these that I can hit.

I have the 3HL (High Launch) which is 16.5, so really it's the same as my TSI 4 wood.  It does seem  a bit easier to launch than the TSI, and I haven't done any extensive side by side testing.  But just from some shots I've hit on course with it, it seems to be a bit hotter off the face (Iit has a titanium face not a Carbon) seems to get a few more yards.   It's been good off the tee as well where I just have to make sure I'm in the fairway and I seem to get about 180 to 190 off the tee with it.

Not internet golfer long, but good enough for me on most of the holes I use it on are hardly more than 350 yards. 

 

  • Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Prediction.  Scottie wins The Masters, and Stealth sales increase.  How's that for going out on a limb? 😆  Anyone know how how many in the field are playing the driver and/or fairway woods?

  • Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I have the 3HL (High Launch) which is 16.5, so really it's the same as my TSI 4 wood.  It does seem  a bit easier to launch than the TSI, and I haven't done any extensive side by side testing.  But just from some shots I've hit on course with it, it seems to be a bit hotter off the face (Iit has a titanium face not a Carbon) seems to get a few more yards.   It's been good off the tee as well where I just have to make sure I'm in the fairway and I seem to get about 180 to 190 off the tee with it.

Not internet golfer long, but good enough for me on most of the holes I use it on are hardly more than 350 yards. 

 

How does that compare to your 5 wood?  I'm taking it the shaft is longer so you should get a bit more distance out of it.

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, revkev said:

How does that compare to your 5 wood?  I'm taking it the shaft is longer so you should get a bit more distance out of it.

It’s a 3w length club with more loft. Best of both worlds. 

  • Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, revkev said:

How does that compare to your 5 wood?  I'm taking it the shaft is longer so you should get a bit more distance out of it.

I don’t have a 5w in the bag. The Stealth 7 wood just came in.  It’s 21 degrees.  I will go back and forth between it and my  20 degree TSi1 hybrid to see which I get better results with. 
 

But what RB said below is correct. 

20 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s a 3w length club with more loft. Best of both worlds. 

 

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2022 at 11:34 AM, MattF said:

Prices are getting into the "it's a no dawg" area for me. I know, technology and all that stuff, but we'll soon be seeing $1,000 MSRP for drivers.

Remember when we thought PXG pricing was outrageous?  Even XXIO is now becoming reasonable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not saying this is happening out there in fitting-land, but when you consider the very small gains in successive product launches, the LM / data set control, and the while not openly advertised but no doubt there push to sell products, two images come to mind 😆.

image.jpeg.e60e79ff0366c5f34902feb71a816bcd.jpeg

The Man Behind The Curtain GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Not saying this is happening out there in fitting-land, but when you consider the very small gains in successive product launches, the LM / data set control, and the while not openly advertised but no doubt there push to sell products, two images come to mind 😆.

image.jpeg.e60e79ff0366c5f34902feb71a816bcd.jpeg

The Man Behind The Curtain GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Ha. Love those! 
 

While I think most legit fitters are on the level.  You’d have to be naive to think that doesn’t happen in some places. 

  • Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if it had been mentioned it asked, but where does TM go from here with their drivers?

Now with carbon face I'm sure they can say they improve consistency of ball speed across the face, but they have bits and pieces from all their last 5 or 6 drivers built in and if there wasn't too much gain vs Sim2 for some I find it hard that they will be able to hype up the next version of Stealth. 

TM has done an incredible job pushing boundaries and making new Innovations that I'm sure they will come up with something, but when thinking for what they could do next outside of adding more adjustability it's a bit hard to see where they can really improve a lot over stealth. 

To this point it reminds me a bit of the original M2 and how that stayed in bags for a long long time and is still known as one of the better older drivers to look into. Could the Stealth be the new M2?

 ⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not sure if it had been mentioned it asked, but where does TM go from here with their drivers?

Now with carbon face I'm sure they can say they improve consistency of ball speed across the face, but they have bits and pieces from all their last 5 or 6 drivers built in and if there wasn't too much gain vs Sim2 for some I find it hard that they will be able to hype up the next version of Stealth. 

TM has done an incredible job pushing boundaries and making new Innovations that I'm sure they will come up with something, but when thinking for what they could do next outside of adding more adjustability it's a bit hard to see where they can really improve a lot over stealth. 

To this point it reminds me a bit of the original M2 and how that stayed in bags for a long long time and is still known as one of the better older drivers to look into. Could the Stealth be the new M2?

 

... As you know most OEMs have clubs for the next 5 years in their pipeline. Successive years usually have minor tweaks like "moving 5 gms enabled us to improve launch and reduce spin as well as improving the MOI". Of course what it doesn't say is the percentage of improvement is 2.76% which for about 99.276% of golfers would mean no change. I expect little change with next years Stealth but the year after?

... But in their defense, there are more than a few golfers waiting for the 2nd generation a new product and the OEMs need to get their attention. And of course there are the average golfers out there that have little to no knowledge about equipment and their driver is 5-10yrs old and they won't look at new drivers until they decide they want one, and OEMs really have to get their attention. I do not envy OEMs that have to walk that fine line between providing advances for golfers that actually need new clubs and hyping a product that is basically no better than last years model.

... Some lose sight of the fact that they are a 1) business and their primary goal is to make money not 2) help golfers play better. Of course they would love to do both but 1) will always be more important than 2). Like banks that say "We understand you had a rough month so we are going to wave that overdraft fee for insufficient funds in your checking account" 🤣

  • Like 2

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...