what colors you get?

stock. dont want to wait for the custom

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

stock. dont want to wait for the custom

availibility of the MyStealth vs the stock Stealths is only about a week difference.  From Feb 4 to Feb 12 according to the order's i just entered.  Assuming you go with a grip and shaft that are in stock, which is most of them it seems. 

• Like 7

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

19 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

availibility of the MyStealth vs the stock Stealths is only about a week difference.  From Feb 4 to Feb 12 according to the order's i just entered.  Assuming you go with a grip and shaft that are in stock, which is most of them it seems. 

so, what did YOU go with Rob? 😉

• Haha 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus TR Red 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

so, what did YOU go with Rob? 😉

HA...The year's only 3 days old, even I have more restraint than that.  One was just messing around, and the other was for one of our employees who went with the Stealth+

But it was fun customizing them for him!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

i didnt see the standard Stealth as available for MyStealth customization, at least on the website. Just saw it available for the Stealth Plus. 

• Like 2

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

41 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

i didnt see the standard Stealth as available for MyStealth customization, at least on the website. Just saw it available for the Stealth Plus. 

Yeah, it is just the +.  I guess I missed that you were looking only for Standard.  

At least we are not dehydrated on this forum unlike others. Some of them should be passed out from the lather and foaming of the mouths in preparation of ordering the driver. 

Do I think the driver will be good- yes

Do I think the driver will be earth shattering- Maybe to some that just suck so bad, they can't find any decent part of the face.  

Do I think the driver to most will help- moderately more forgiving than the previous SIMs. Maybe a little more consistency.

BIGGEST QUESTION:

Do I think anyone gives a hairy rat's ARSE about my opinion---------- ahhhhh no.... LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:taylormade-small: SIM 9* - Hzdrus RDX Black 70

:taylormade-small: M1-3HL- Hzdrus RDX Blue 70

:callaway-small:     Steelhead 7WD RCH99

:bridgestone-small: J15 CB 4-pw C-Taper Lite

:benhogan-small:Equalizer Wedges 50*-54*-58* V- Tour

:seemore:- M3W

I am actually surprised the all carbon face of the Stealth is not selling for a further premium to the SIM 2 given its increased ball speeds and multilayer carbon face construction.  I would think they are paying Tiger a ton of sponsor money to use and motivate sales for this driver too.

With TM and its high priced sale strategies, I would think they would retail this at an even higher price point.  I guess the cost of manufacturing could be lower than Titanium?  Bonding with glue vs weldin and sanding?. So they can price it at this level and still make more profits?  Curious if anyone knows how the manufacturing costs differ between this and traditional heads.

I will curious to see if all the major OEMs will switch to an all carbon face in their drivers.  Calloway's original all carbon driver never caught on for some reason, but I think it may have been its odd head shape vs its carbon face.

• Like 1

:titelist-small:  TSi 3   9.0  AV Raw White 65 Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 AV Raw White 75 Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3 21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

Haywood  5-PW iron Signature - Recoil 780 ES F4 Stiff - Bent 2 deg flat

:taylormade-small:  52 - 09 Tour Preferred EF  - KBS Tour Wedge 

Haywood   56 - 12 KBS Tour Wedge

:taylormade-small:  60 - 10 Tour Preferred - KBS Tour Wedge 

:titelist-small:  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV 

image.png.1cf0013c54bf0f68066ba2034c7799d0.png

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021

Don't really have a lot to add to some of the comments here already, but I can at least say I'm very intrigued.

Realistically, I know performance is largely at it's max, but TM doing something different is enough to make me want to hit it. I have never swung a TaylorMade driver...

• Like 4

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 6.4 / Anti-Cap: 12.1 (Last Updated Oct. 2, 2022)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Club Champion Fitting
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
21° Hybrid: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 80X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

Currently Testing: Edel SMS Wedges
WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 hour ago, KC Golf said:

I am actually surprised the all carbon face of the Stealth is not selling for a further premium to the SIM 2 given its increased ball speeds and multilayer carbon face construction.  I would think they are paying Tiger a ton of sponsor money to use and motivate sales for this driver too.

With TM and its high priced sale strategies, I would think they would retail this at an even higher price point.  I guess the cost of manufacturing could be lower than Titanium?  Bonding with glue vs weldin and sanding?. So they can price it at this level and still make more profits?  Curious if anyone knows how the manufacturing costs differ between this and traditional heads.

I will curious to see if all the major OEMs will switch to an all carbon face in their drivers.  Calloway's original all carbon driver never caught on for some reason, but I think it may have been its odd head shape vs its carbon face.

What high priced strategies of TaylorMade. Their clubs are always in line with the other big manufacturers such as Callaway and titleist. 

• Like 3

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

6 minutes ago, edingc said:

Don't really have a lot to add to some of the comments here already, but I can at least say I'm very intrigued.

Realistically, I know performance is largely at it's max, but TM doing something different is enough to make me want to hit it. I have never swung a TaylorMade driver...

It will be interesting to see how this moves for them. As mentioned in the article CT and COR are loosely related so I am intrigued to see if the flexibility in a carbon face lets them decouple this a bit more than titanium. I am sure that is still talking about those 1 to 2% gains, but get enough of those and its a noticeable difference for a player.

• Like 4

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review)

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70 g 6.0

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56°  KBS Tour V 110 Stiff | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

6 hours ago, MattF said:

Prices are getting into the "it's a no dawg" area for me. I know, technology and all that stuff, but we'll soon be seeing $1,000 MSRP for drivers.

Yup, I hear ya Max.  It's going to take some eye popping LM data for me to shell out $730 and bench my G410P.  Pretty big statement and commitment by TM though; "we'll never make another titanium face driver"... 🙂

image.png.be80da66b7515921bc7d33f935ca227c.png

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

“According to the orders I just entered.”

You bought more than ONE?! Dang!!! 

• Haha 3

Driver: Honma TR 460 8.5*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 S, 45 1/4"; Ping G425 LST, Fujikura Speeder TR 661 S, 45 1/2"

hybrids: Cobra King Tec 17* and 21*, both with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105 X

Irons:  Srixon ZX5 4-6, ZX7 7-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil F4, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

49 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yup, I hear ya Max.  It's going to take some eye popping LM data for me to shell out $730 and bench my G410P.  Pretty big statement and commitment by TM though; "we'll never make another titanium face driver"... 🙂

Yeah, somehow that “never” isn’t going to hold true. Cheaper models, models for kids, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver: Honma TR 460 8.5*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 S, 45 1/4"; Ping G425 LST, Fujikura Speeder TR 661 S, 45 1/2"

hybrids: Cobra King Tec 17* and 21*, both with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105 X

Irons:  Srixon ZX5 4-6, ZX7 7-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil F4, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

I ordered the Stealth 9 degree head only from The Tour Van (that's the name of the company, not an actual Tour Van). 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Would be cheaper than other drivers I bought. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

What high priced strategies of TaylorMade. Their clubs are always in line with the other big manufacturers such as Callaway and titleist. 

I was thinking about the custom shop line which other OEMs mostly don’t have to add extra dollars to their price points. Also unlike Titleist they seem to have less no upcharge higher end shaft options (compared to an OEM like Titleist) so you end up paying more, etc. 

• Like 2

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021

9 hours ago, KC Golf said:

I was thinking about the custom shop line which other OEMs mostly don’t have to add extra dollars to their price points. Also unlike Titleist they seem to have less no upcharge higher end shaft options (compared to an OEM like Titleist) so you end up paying more, etc. 

based on this reply I’m going to guess you aren’t referring to something like the mystealth program but rather the customize this club option on the website and the shafts that appear on the main page.

The shafts on the main page are generally now what’s referred to as stock. These are the shafts you will most commonly find in a retail shop. These are the ones the engineers determined that would fit the majority of golfers. The ones that walk into a store look at the little sticker that lists the flex and then look at the loft, find the loft and flex they want and go buy the club.

Under customize this club for TaylorMade in a very quick glance there are 15+ no upcharge shaft options. There’s another 25+ upcharge shafts 

Looking at Callaway they are about the same but they offer autoflexx and one other brand that tm doesn’t. Titleist is similar to Callaway.

I don’t consider what TaylorMade is doing as a high priced. They may not order every possible shaft from the manufacturers they work with but that doesn’t make their strategy high end. It’s actually a good inventory strategy. I don’t know what their test is for shafts but they could possibly only lost what they deemed best to work with their stuff.

Titleist doesn’t keep a lot of inventory on hand and they place orders as needed. This could allow them to expand their offering.

Taylormade offers one of the most popular shafts in the ventus as a significant lower price than titleist. They also offer the velocore red which titleist doesn’t.

By your thoughts process Ping must have a super high price strategy as they offer the fewest no upcharge shafts and upcharge. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KC Golf said:

I'd imagine a good chunk of the upcharge is because you're customizing the paint job on the crown, body, face, and decals.  I agree that it probably costs TM no where near that for additional paint or SKU items but I don't find it to be out of line compared to custom putter paint fill or stamping and things like that, and I'm not sure if these are more "handmade" as they're ordered or if they'll have a stockpile of the different options, but either way there is likely more manpower needed to complete those custom orders.  

as @RickyBobby_PR already mentioned the shaft upcharges can be all over the place depending on the manufacturer, but they all will generally have a shaft that fits a swing type, even if it isn't the exact same one.  Example would be Cobra had the Motore X as no upcharge last year and it was a $180ish upcharge from Callaway, but Cally also had shafts that fit the same player profile for less/no upcharge.  

Do I think the starting price of the TM is high?  Yeah probably... but they're still going to sell boat loads of them.  I don't think the upcharge of $100 is outrageous for the ability to customize the look, particularly if you're like me and would go with a different face color (gray) and paint color (chalk).  For a more subtle change I'm not sure I'd do it.  In reality though I tend to buy most clubs like that used at the end of the season or after the new model is released anyway.

• Like 5

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus TR Red 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

Sounds like $600 drivers are here to stay. If the ball speeds off this new driver are materially higher as indicated by MGS, I guess Sim and Sim2 guys will be upgrading to the Stealth and some more MGSers will be moving back to TM drivers in 2022.

This should be the #1 driver in 2022!  I still like my TSi3, so I am on the fence about going back to a TM driver.

• Like 1