2022 TaylorMade Stealth Driver Line Official Launch

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Agree. I know a guy who worked at GG once the manufacturers demo day season was over as his part time job. He definitely wasn’t a hamburger flipper. 

Another guy that @Golfspy_CG2 and I know worked at GG and wants a burger flipper either. Last time i checked he was at a CC and GC2 even did a fitting with him there several years back

Yep.  He did a great job for me at both places.  Have lost track of where he went to. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I can’t say there has been as much buzz around a product launch as I have seen around thins one.. while it live up to expectations? Hard to say, but they have done a great initial job at taylormade getting excitement going on this one.

• Like 1

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

Also, my golf spy is getting called out. You disrespectful jerks hahaha.

https://youtu.be/LQ_qXELuTCg

1 hour ago, Quigleyd said:

Also, my golf spy is getting called out. You disrespectful jerks hahaha.

https://youtu.be/LQ_qXELuTCg

There is an entire thread about the comment and associated response. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

There is an entire thread about the comment and associated response. 

Sorry. Didn’t see it.. where is it?

47 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Sorry. Didn’t see it.. where is it?

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm guessing the hot look for next season will be the Stealth driver with the new Rogue fairways.
I priced out a 12-18-21-24 set with Ventus Reds and wrap grips.
$2401.96 sound right?
And only ten more clubs to buy.

Not good for ours kids' inheritance is my first take.

I guess the Stealth will take away the clang. Ping fans especially may not like that.

It turns out that there's a Club Champion right in Needham. Who knew? But God forbid, what if I tried them and hit them pretty well?
I'm willing to bet that Club Champion is owned by divorce lawyers. That way they can get you coming and going.

I already bought irons this past season.

• Like 2

If i ever end up with a Stealth, im gonna name it Rick.

• Like 1

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

I'll be interested to see where this driver is mid season. Especially if a bunch end up in the second hand market. Disappointed with Taylormade not extending the technology into the Fairway Woods and Hybrid IMO. 

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope." ~Winston Churchill

Gaming: Woods: Cobra Radspeed XB Driver, 3W, 5W, Cobra KING Forged TEC 4-PW, Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 48*/10* F Grind, 54*/12* D Grind, 60*/12* D Grind, Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron Special Select Fastback 1.5 🙂

Does anyone know what the actual weight of the Stealth HD head only would be?  I am considering ordering an Autoflex shaft to go with my new Stealth and would like to do some swing weight calculations.

I'm a little disappointed by members & mods criticizing other members takes on whether this driver offers any performance differences over the Sim2 or any other titanium driver. MGS is all about performance and discounting someone who uses this criteria for any club purchase is a bit disingenuous. 

There are people who buy new drivers because they have an old driver and it's just time for a new one. There are golfers that always want the latest, and what they perceive to be the greatest, club in their bag. There are golfers who are card carrying club hoes who want to try everything on the market. Finally, there are people who rely solely on whether the club is going to offer them any distance/dispersion gains over the previous year's model or technology. None of these reasons are wrong folks.

End of rant. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

5 hours ago, Headhammer said:

I'm a little disappointed by members & mods criticizing other members takes on whether this driver offers any performance differences over the Sim2 or any other titanium driver. MGS is all about performance and discounting someone who uses this criteria for any club purchase is a bit disingenuous. 

There are people who buy new drivers because they have an old driver and it's just time for a new one. There are golfers that always want the latest, and what they perceive to be the greatest, club in their bag. There are golfers who are card carrying club hoes who want to try everything on the market. Finally, there are people who rely solely on whether the club is going to offer them any distance/dispersion gains over the previous year's model or technology. None of these reasons are wrong folks.

End of rant. 

Most of what ive seen is debates on increased ball speed/distance. Not so much over all performance benefits. A lot of the people who claimed little or no ball speed or distance gains, did think it was more consistent and forgiving i believe. But i could be mistaken. I also dont think ive seen anyone who didnt give it props for doing it with carbon fiber. Whenever something this different is introduced to the market, theres gonna be a lot of talk about it and people are gonna have different opinions and such. 

• Like 1

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

On 1/15/2022 at 5:50 AM, OceanSands said:

Does anyone know what the actual weight of the Stealth HD head only would be?  I am considering ordering an Autoflex shaft to go with my new Stealth and would like to do some swing weight calculations.

They should weigh in right around 195G.

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedge 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Pro V1

On 1/12/2022 at 6:26 PM, Quigleyd said:

I can’t say there has been as much buzz around a product launch as I have seen around thins one.. while it live up to expectations? Hard to say, but they have done a great initial job at taylormade getting excitement going on this one.

Indeed.  I'm saying it's both the stand out carbon face and, their stated committment to this technology; as in quoted saying TM will never again offer a titanium faced driver.  Clearly they see this as a paradigm shift and, even if the net results of all the various tests around the globe yield little or no gain (seems to be tracking this way), this design approach affords further gains... whereas, according to TM, titanium has reached its limit.

So yes, it would certainly appear TM's Stealth will be the star of the show this year.  I also bet every other OEM's design groups either created a new "Skunk Works" team or is ramping up existing ones.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Indeed.  I'm saying it's both the stand out carbon face and, their stated committment to this technology; as in quoted saying TM will never again offer a titanium faced driver.  Clearly they see this as a paradigm shift and, even if the net results of all the various tests around the globe yield little or no gain (seems to be tracking this way), this design approach affords further gains... whereas, according to TM, titanium has reached its limit.

So yes, it would certainly appear TM's Stealth will be the star of the show this year.  I also bet every other OEM's design groups either created a new "Skunk Works" team or is ramping up existing ones.

Even if there is no gain in distance or ball speed compared to Titanium face, the weight savings alone will give club designers a tool to make changes elsewhere in the head to improve other metrics.   Another improvement could be consistency in manufacturing although that's hearsay without proof.

• 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Max LS 11.5° (10.5°+1) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6 stiff
  • 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Flash 3 Wood 17° (15°+2) w/ Project X Even Flow Green 60 stiff
  • 943183396_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.391f8ed5e36869c949eb3a241d2a750d.jpgSuper Hybrid 21° (20°+1) w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 80 stiff
  • 518011180_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.f52e8c7ce28e9a854c65b04b28450163.jpgRogue Hybrid 5 (24°) w/ Aldila Synergy 60 HYB Graphite stiff
  •   Screenshot 2021-12-24 002411.jpg2021 P790 Irons 5-AW (1° flat, weakened lofts) w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95 cw regular
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgCBX2 Wedges 54°, 58° w/ True Temper DG 115 Wedge flex
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgOdyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab, 33 in
  • 1360869533_Screenshot2021-12-24002835.jpg.38d6fb8915a5bd0b37b4bbec950f4c64.jpgPro V1
  • bushnell_launchpro_logos_medium.jpg.7df9dcd404a46928e3850d1e1335e4e3.jpgBushnell Launch Pro

Having hit this driver some now. It has a very interesting feel. It is not a bad feel, just different. Bad strikes feel absolutely feel pretty bad. Good strikes still feel different. It will take some getting used to I think. The sound the driver makes is interesting. It sound kind of like a titanium driver but then completely different as well. I hard someone from TM say they were going for wood bat feel and sound. I would say thats a decent description but not an exact match. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pakman92 said:

Even if there is no gain in distance or ball speed compared to Titanium face, the weight savings alone will give club designers a tool to make changes elsewhere in the head to improve other metrics.   Another improvement could be consistency in manufacturing although that's hearsay without proof.

Definitely.  TM position that they won’t use a titanium face any more is revolutionary.  People are questioning durability and such but carbon fiber isn’t new.  I can on,y assume that over the years of research they have gotten to the point that it is pretty durable.   Whether it increases ball speed for everyone or  not this is like the switch from wood to steel and from steel to titanium.  I think we are going to see the other manufacturers quickly follow.  
I don’t personally think this is the fastest driver available,  but I feel like it is the most consistent off the face.    Mark crossfield has been doing something I find interesting in his review videos.  He captures numbers from his normal gamer swing and the tries to sw8ngbas fast as possible.  With this you. Kind of start to see ball speeds on miss hits.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, pakman92 said:

Agree.  Another question that comes to mind is durability.  No doubt TM has smashed the hell out of prototypes and clearly convinced themselves they'll last, at least for mere mortals.  Laminate structures, at least those I'm familiar with (admittedly dated) are susceptible to impact delamination. I'd love to know the IP and details on this development.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

On 1/15/2022 at 8:50 AM, OceanSands said:

I've seen a couple on a weigth scale at 197g

On 1/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, Headhammer said:

End of rant. 

I must be missing something, as I haven't seen much of that at all.  But I of course haven't read every post everwhere.

That said, I agree with your list of reasons 100% and I think most knwo what category I fal linto.  Even though I often point out in several threads that drivers arent' only targeted at getting players to buy a new driver every year--not that companies would midn that..ha--but every year there are litteraly tens of thusands of golfers who have a driver that is 5 or 10 years old that it is time to upgrade.    

Just like the car and phone analogy, most aren't going to buy every model year release of their favorite car, but probably 3 5, 10 or 20 years.   Phones, yes some will buy every new Iphone that comes out or every other, then there are people like me who finally upgraded form a 7 to the 13.   that was what like 4 years at least? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12