Fulltime RV Spies??

fixyurdivot

So do we have any spies out there who are currently, previously, or thinking about doing fulltime RV living/travel?  My wife and I have kicked this idea around on and off over the years leading up to retirement but did not pull choose that option.  With our AZ (Del Webb community) house hunting not panning out as yet (we're being picky), we're thinking about some options.  One is to buy a diesel pusher, sell the place here in Yuma, and do some fulltime traveling in route back to MT.  Also thinking about selling the place in MT while the market there is on fire.  

We're not new to RV's but never done it for extended periods.  The idea of being able to roam about, see the states, and play golf along the way sounds enticing. Do we have any fellow spies out there living the nomad lifestyle?  How many have thought about doing this and what's keeping you from doing so?

General thoughts on this idea?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

🤣🤣🤣  I just read this to Martha, and asked her what she thought......  I got "The Look"... and the 🖕.  We are not nomads.  When we travel, it's to a specific location or area, and when we get there, we aren't living in what just brought us there.  We eat out most of the time, which sorta defeats the purpose of having a kitchen with us.  We don't even cook much when we stay in condos.  We like a home base to come back to, because we have memorabilia that we could never get rid of to travel that much.  Being the youngest in an ever dwindling family, Martha inherited most of the things that were her mother's and grandmother's.  We will stick to short trips, maybe snowbird in AZ in the future.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

21 hours ago, Kenny B said:

🤣🤣🤣  I just read this to Martha, and asked her what she thought......  I got "The Look"... and the 🖕.  We are not nomads.  When we travel, it's to a specific location or area, and when we get there, we aren't living in what just brought us there.  We eat out most of the time, which sorta defeats the purpose of having a kitchen with us.  We don't even cook much when we stay in condos.  We like a home base to come back to, because we have memorabilia that we could never get rid of to travel that much.  Being the youngest in an ever dwindling family, Martha inherited most of the things that were her mother's and grandmother's.  We will stick to short trips, maybe snowbird in AZ in the future.

Too funny.  Yes, not having a "home base" is a con that has our attention.  But this whole plan/option is really just a temporary deal and we're thinking of it as an extended vacation - combining a bunch of years over our 37 together we never did the long annual vacation thing.  As for "the stuff", we need to do another serious purge.  We have crap in boxes that haven't seen the light of day since we left WA over 5 years ago. We purged when we moved to our last home in WA (2007), and then again when we retired and moved to MT. It's amazing how much "stuff" we accumulate.  We plan to just find a good. secure, climate controlled storage facility to keep the "stuff" we simply cannot part with but don't need (can't take) on the road.

As the years roll along we're less and less likely to try something like this - so we think this is an ideal time both in terms of real estate strategy and our age. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)