TESTERS WANTED! ×

2022 Callway Rogue Driver Line Official Launch

Golfspy_CG2

CALLAWAY GOLF ANNOUNCES NEW ROGUE FAMILY OF WOODS & IRONS The Rogue lineup features the Company’s fastest, most stable drivers, longest fairway woods, longest irons, and fastest hybrids ever CARLSBAD, Calif., January 4, 2022 –

Today, Callaway Golf (NYSE: ELY), an unrivaled techenabled golf company delivering leading golf equipment, apparel, and entertainment, officially announced their new Rogue Family of Drivers, Fairway Woods, Irons and Hybrids. Each of these new products will be available at retailers nationwide starting on February 18. Callaway Rogue Drivers These new drivers are the Company’s fastest, most stable drivers ever, with industry-leading innovations that create a breakthrough in performance. An all-new Tungsten Speed Cartridge places specific weight (up to 26 grams) low and deep in the head for increased speed, stability, and high MOI. The construction, shaping and positioning of their Jailbreak Speed Frame promotes even more speed and stability. And as the industry leader in Artificial Intelligence, they have lowered spin and increased forgiveness in their face optimization formula.

Callaway_RogueST_Driver-1.jpg

Rogue ST MAX: Callaway’s best combination of distance and forgiveness, fits the majority of players.

Industry-leading innovation has created our fastest, most stable drivers ever. 

The new Rogue ST Drivers represent a breakthrough in driver performance. Callaway’s industry-leading innovations, including the all-new Tungsten Speed Cartridge, Jailbreak Speed Frame, and an A.I. designed Flash Face are engineered for maximum speed with exceptional levels of forgiveness. Rogue ST MAX is our highest MOI head with a slight draw bias that’s built for all levels of golfers. This is the best combination of distance and forgiveness in a Callaway driver.

Features & Benefits Increased Speed, Stability & High MOI from all-new Tungsten Speed Cartridge The groundbreaking new Tungsten Speed Cartridge structure places up to 26 grams low and deep in the driver head. This increases speed on off-center hits and provides more forgiveness through high MOI. Stability and Speed from Jailbreak Speed Frame Our patented A.I. designed Jailbreak Speed Frame provides stability in the horizontal and torsional direction. We’ve speed tuned the construction, shaping, and positioning to deliver even more speed across the face. New A.I. Designed Face for Lower Spin and Increased Forgiveness As the industry leader in Artificial Intelligence, we’ve added launch and spin to ball speed in our optimization formula. This new formula lowers spin on the face, allowing us to add forgiveness to the driver. Stability and Forgiveness from Unibody Construction The titanium unibody construction provides stability and lowers the center of gravity, while our proprietary Triaxial Carbon crown and sole allow us to save weight. This weight is precisely redistributed to increase forgiveness with high launch and a slight draw bias

Callaway_RogueST_MAX_Driver-Crown.jpg

Rogue ST MAX D Dedicated draw model for players who need the most shot shape correction.

The new Rogue ST Drivers represent a breakthrough in driver performance. Callaway’s industry leading innovations, including the all-new Tungsten Speed Cartridge, Jailbreak Speed Frame, and an A.I. designed Flash Face are engineered for maximum speed with exceptional levels of forgiveness. Rogue ST Max D is built for golfers who want maximum levels of forgiveness from their driver. It’s built for very high MOI, with a reduced face progression, and a more upright lie. Internal and external draw weighting have also been added, along with a generously stretched profile at address for maximum shot shape correction.

Features & Benefits Increased Speed, Stability & High MOI from all-new Tungsten Speed Cartridge The groundbreaking new Tungsten Speed Cartridge structure places up to 20 grams low and deep in the driver head. This increases speed on off-center hits and provides more forgiveness through high MOI. Stability and Speed from Jailbreak Speed Frame Our patented A.I. designed Jailbreak Speed Frame provides stability in the horizontal and torsional directions. We’ve speed tuned the construction, shaping, and positioning to deliver even more speed across the face. New A.I. Designed Face for Lower Spin and Increased Forgiveness As the industry leader in Artificial Intelligence, we’ve added launch and spin to ball speed in our optimization formula.

This new formula lowers spin on the face, allowing us to add forgiveness to the driver. Stability and Forgiveness from Unibody Construction The titanium unibody construction provides stability and lowers the center of gravity, while our proprietary Triaxial Carbon crown and sole allow us to save weight. This weight is precisely redistributed to increase forgiveness with high launch and a slight draw bias. Maximum Shot Shape Correction from Rogue Draw Bias Rogue ST MAX D is built for a high level of draw bias, with high MOI, a more upright lie, reduced face progression, and a stretched profile at address. All these features promote maximum shot shape correction, especially for players who tend to slice the ball

Callaway Rogue D Sole 2.jpg

Rogue ST MAX LS: Stronger trajectory, lower spin, and more neutral ball flight.

The new Rogue ST Drivers represent a breakthrough in driver performance. Callaway’s industryleading innovations, including the all-new Tungsten Speed Cartridge, Jailbreak Speed Frame, and an A.I. designed Flash Face are engineered for maximum speed with exceptional levels of forgiveness. The Rogue ST Max LS is a high MOI head built for lower spin along with a stronger trajectory. Players can expect to see a more neutral ball flight, more workability, and lower spin characteristics compared to the Rogue ST MAX. It’s a great option for many mid-to-low handicap players.

Features & Benefits Increased Speed, Stability & High MOI from all-new Tungsten Speed Cartridge The groundbreaking new Tungsten Speed Cartridge structure places up to 23 grams low and deep in the driver head. This increases speed on off-center hits and provides more forgiveness through high MOI. Stability and Speed from Jailbreak Speed Frame Our patented A.I. designed Jailbreak Speed Frame provides stability in the horizontal and torsional direction. We’ve speed tuned the construction, shaping, and positioning to deliver even more speed across the face. New A.I. Designed Face for Lower Spin and Increased Forgiveness As the industry leader in Artificial Intelligence, we’ve added launch and spin to ball speed in our optimization formula.

This new formula lowers spin on the face, allowing us to add forgiveness to the driver. Stability and Forgiveness from Unibody Construction The titanium unibody construction provides stability and lowers the center of gravity, while our proprietary Triaxial Carbon crown and sole allow us to save weight. This weight is precisely redistributed to increase forgiveness with high launch and a slight draw bias. Low Spin Head Design Rogue ST MAX LS is built for lower spin with a strong ball flight trajectory. With a more neutral ball flight, more workability, plus lower spin, Max LS is a tremendous option for mid-to-low handicap players.

Callaway_RogueST_MAX_LS_Sole.jpg

Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS: A compact, low-spin head for better players.

The new Rogue ST Drivers represent a breakthrough in driver performance. Callaway’s industryleading innovations, including the all-new Tungsten Speed Cartridge, Jailbreak Speed Frame, and an A.I. designed Flash Face are engineered for maximum speed with a high level of forgiveness. The Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS Driver is a low spin option for better players and is the latest evolution of our TOUR-proven Triple Diamond heads. It’s the lowest spinning Rogue ST Driver model, with a neutral-to-fade bias in a compact 450cc head.

Features & Benefits Increased Speed, Stability & High MOI from all-new Tungsten Speed Cartridge The groundbreaking new Tungsten Speed Cartridge structure places up to 20 grams low and deep in the driver head. This increases speed on off-center hits and provides more forgiveness through high MOI. Stability and Speed from Jailbreak Speed Frame Our patented A.I. designed Jailbreak Speed Frame provides stability in the horizontal and torsional direction. We’ve speed tuned the construction, shaping, and positioning to deliver even more speed across the face. New A.I. Designed Face for Lower Spin and Increased Forgiveness As the industry leader in Artificial Intelligence, we’ve added launch and spin to ball speed in our optimization formula.

This new formula lowers spin on the face, allowing us to add forgiveness to the driver. Stability and Forgiveness from Unibody Construction The titanium unibody construction provides stability and lowers the center of gravity, while our proprietary Triaxial Carbon crown and sole allow us to save weight. This weight is precisely redistributed to increase forgiveness with high launch and a slight draw bias. Tour Proven Triple Diamond Head Design This low spin option for better players is the latest version of our TOUR proven Triple Diamond shape. It’s a our lowest spin offering, with a compact 450cc head.

Callaway Rogue Triple Diamond LS Face.jpg

Retail price for Callaway Rogue ST drivers is $549.99.

Pre-sale begins Jan. 21 Full retail availability begins Feb. 18.

Customization will be available through Callaway Customs for an additional charge

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I know the TM will get a lot of intrigue and interest, but for me this is the one I'm most excited about. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I’ve tried to get along with Callaway drivers and never really got along with them. The big Bertha mini was really the only one. I’ve had several in the bag but non since the gbb. Had it in the bag twice and dumped it quick.

I don’t mind the look of these compared to some past releases. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I know the TM will get a lot of intrigue and interest, but for me this is the one I'm most excited about. 

Me too, I'm a huge fan of Callaway drivers. The Stealth is going to generate a lot of buzz with the carbon face, but I'm more interested in seeing how the new iteration of Flash Face and Jailbreak perform. 

But then again, I can't wait to see how all the other OEM's do.

I feel these will get missed but thats ok. I think the tech is similar to the Epic line, just no adjustability. I do love the matte crown.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Hey!  That looks like my Epic Max LS with a matte crown and a new paint job! 😉 (which wouldn't be a bad thing at all!)

Love the looks here, and I'm a sucker for a nice Matte crown.  I'll want to give these a swing because why not, but I don't think anything will beat out the Epic Max LS for me this year, but I've been wrong before...

I am digging what Callaway has been doing as of late with their colorway and design.  I feel like they're trending towards "Classic" looks and I'm sure they'll look sharp in person, but I wonder how many people will be walking right towards the TM sith face.

@Lacassem this crown sort of reminds me of your old Xhot... bring back any good memories for you? 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Hey!  That looks like my Epic Max LS with a matte crown and a new paint job! 😉 (which wouldn't be a bad thing at all!)

Love the looks here, and I'm a sucker for a nice Matte crown.  I'll want to give these a swing because why not, but I don't think anything will beat out the Epic Max LS for me this year, but I've been wrong before...

I am digging what Callaway has been doing as of late with their colorway and design.  I feel like they're trending towards "Classic" looks and I'm sure they'll look sharp in person, but I wonder how many people will be walking right towards the TM sith face.

@Lacassem this crown sort of reminds me of your old Xhot... bring back any good memories for you? 

Always liked the looks they do a good job! The Xhot as you know was just another stick in the bag that occasionally showed up 😂 a lot has changed! Big stick isn’t going anywhere for some time…..but like you say I’ve been wrong before

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Just not an exciting launch for me, especially because I’m going to see hundreds of posts with the name of the driver spelled incorrectly (ROUGE) 😂😂😂😂

Rogue, Mavrik, etc just seem like a “lesser line”, even though they aren’t. I get that the “supercomputer” (is it REALLY a SUPER computer?! Pull the other leg, it plays jingle bells) has changed the face to get more out of it across the full face, and there’s a different weight in the back, but is it REALLY different? I agree with what was said in the article, it sounds a little tired, repetitive. It’s just meh for me, and I prefer a gloss head.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

14 hours ago, PMookie said:

Just not an exciting launch for me, especially because I’m going to see hundreds of posts with the name of the driver spelled incorrectly (ROUGE) 😂😂😂😂

Rogue, Mavrik, etc just seem like a “lesser line”, even though they aren’t. I get that the “supercomputer” (is it REALLY a SUPER computer?! Pull the other leg, it plays jingle bells) has changed the face to get more out of it across the full face, and there’s a different weight in the back, but is it REALLY different? I agree with what was said in the article, it sounds a little tired, repetitive. It’s just meh for me, and I prefer a gloss head.

Was interesting to see the 30 minute Rogue commercial on the Golf Channel last night, and that both Xander and Rahm are putting it in play.   

I found Rahms comment about it only took trying two heads to get fit, as he put the same shaft he's been using for years in it and he knew he was good to go.   That says a lot for the It's the Shaft not the head camp. 

5 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Was interesting to see the 30 minute Rogue commercial on the Golf Channel last night, and that both Xander and Rahm are putting it in play.   

I found Rahms comment about it only took trying two heads to get fit, as he put the same shaft he's been using for years in it and he knew he was good to go.   That says a lot for the It's the Shaft not the head camp. 

Thats interesting and I wonder if that will be on youtube at any point. It is also one of the reasons why I would love for it to work for me as I have a couple Callaway shafts that have worked well for me in the past and could switch them around to see what works best with what. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

20 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Thats interesting and I wonder if that will be on youtube at any point. It is also one of the reasons why I would love for it to work for me as I have a couple Callaway shafts that have worked well for me in the past and could switch them around to see what works best with what. 

I'm sure it's on either Callaway's site or GC's site by now. 

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, the only thing for me with any Pro taking a new product is that they’re paid to play it. Now, some go back to previous models, and some stay with the new, but those guys are playing Callaway no matter what, and as long as it isn’t worse than what they have, they’ll try it. I get your point in that it was good from the start, and didn’t need much tweaking, though. 

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Yeah, the only thing for me with any Pro taking a new product is that they’re paid to play it. Now, some go back to previous models, and some stay with the new, but those guys are playing Callaway no matter what, and as long as it isn’t worse than what they have, they’ll try it. I get your point in that it was good from the start, and didn’t need much tweaking, though. 

Oh, I know they are Callaway staffers, but was a bit surprised to see them put the Rogue in play vs the EPIC.  I know there were a couple staffers that played the MAVRIK at times, but I think most were in Epic line at that time.  I suppose they did try to push at least a couple guys to go to the new model for exposure.   We'll see if they stick with it. 

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Oh, I know they are Callaway staffers, but was a bit surprised to see them put the Rogue in play vs the EPIC.  I know there were a couple staffers that played the MAVRIK at times, but I think most were in Epic line at that time.  I suppose they did try to push at least a couple guys to go to the new model for exposure.   We'll see if they stick with it. 

I know if I were in their shoes, just a better sound out of the Rogue would make me want to switch! I hate the sound of the Max LS!

Here’s a pic that Crossfield had in his video review of the new Rogue. It shows the “progression” of the face from Epic to this new Rogue via images showing hot spots, which I assume mean a more forgiving/hotter face across more of the face. 4604CE90-194D-424B-A65F-7C526C596B0D.jpeg.179902c62762cd543a6eb51539722e2b.jpeg

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

Here’s a pic that Crossfield had in his video review of the new Rogue. It shows the “progression” of the face from Epic to this new Rogue via images showing hot spots, which I assume mean a more forgiving/hotter face across more of the face. 4604CE90-194D-424B-A65F-7C526C596B0D.jpeg.179902c62762cd543a6eb51539722e2b.jpeg

I may have to watch the video because altho I think I can make heads of it, the epic max and max LS look so much different. Are the colors thickness' or just the hotter spots on the face?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I may have to watch the video because altho I think I can make heads of it, the epic max and max LS look so much different. Are the colors thickness' or just the hotter spots on the face?

That I’m not sure. Crossfield posts it while he’s hitting on the course, but doesn’t go into it. Here’s what Callaway says about the AI changes regarding the LS on its site. I haven’t looked at the other heads to see what they show.

08A6AB0D-AB5F-45E1-8290-CD7FB41AAEC2.jpeg.dd796204a4496eaed47746f9c2eec800.jpeg

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Here are the four faces. The AI statement for all four heads says the changes are for spin reduction and forgiveness….14305191-6FAC-44E1-80DB-B91E8789A99A.jpeg.aadf1b84ca9be4300617828451b13c47.jpeg

B4D3A4C2-51EE-456E-82BE-64E1BD5FECC6.jpeg.4e5f047d363b86be89a0c339e66bb858.jpeg06EDE080-A1F1-47D3-A06F-A62FBC64C90F.jpeg.15c5c9acef24c3e2c18b6999689e295a.jpegE1FB42DD-B1F8-42BE-8079-E57A4AD03141.jpeg.720c61f4c776cf4b95a6e328fea3c015.jpeg

These look good and perform good as well. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Saw the 2nd Swing video of them hitting this head-to-head against the Stealth. Stealth had the single longest drive, but the dispersion circle with the Rogue was silly good! Only a yard or two shorter on TOTAL, but based on the consistency, the Rogue would be my choice if I had seen the same results!

55 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Saw the 2nd Swing video of them hitting this head-to-head against the Stealth. Stealth had the single longest drive, but the dispersion circle with the Rogue was silly good! Only a yard or two shorter on TOTAL, but based on the consistency, the Rogue would be my choice if I had seen the same results!

♦️♦️♦️

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I don't say this lightly, but this is the best driver I've hit in years!  I hit the Max version as I'm looking for something forgiving.  Amazingly enough, the PGA SS had a Tensi AV White 75X shaft to demo.  The first few hits, this driver had the stability of a Ping, but the distance of a Taylormade.  Even on mishits, I didn't feel any twisting of the face and the shot only just missed the fairway.  I'm super excited to try this driver again and possibly do a fitting for it if the 2nd try goes as well as this one!

20220121_183708.jpg.2733124c619d4c4191a661857ca187c1.jpg20220121_183713.jpg.b31d71034f48cae1c0bb23cd863ace6a.jpg20220121_185048.jpg.9e0151c4ace8ff8e8c86c4c311d51236.jpg

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

19 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

I don't say this lightly, but this is the best driver I've hit in years!  I hit the Max version as I'm looking for something forgiving.  Amazingly enough, the PGA SS had a Tensi AV White 75X shaft to demo.  The first few hits, this driver had the stability of a Ping, but the distance of a Taylormade.  Even on mishits, I didn't feel any twisting of the face and the shot only just missed the fairway.  I'm super excited to try this driver again and possibly do a fitting for it if the 2nd try goes as well as this one!

20220121_183708.jpg.2733124c619d4c4191a661857ca187c1.jpg20220121_183713.jpg.b31d71034f48cae1c0bb23cd863ace6a.jpg20220121_185048.jpg.9e0151c4ace8ff8e8c86c4c311d51236.jpg

Those distance numbers make me wonder what life is like in that lane!! 

Very nice! 

1 hour ago, goaliewales14 said:

Nice! Find a shaft that takes away the knucklers and you have a winner!

11 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Nice launch monitor numbers. Not sure how that launch and spin will play in real life. But if the goal is just to find the longest driver you have a pretty good one there

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

16 hours ago, PMookie said:

Nice! Find a shaft that takes away the knucklers and you have a winner!

5 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Nice launch monitor numbers. Not sure how that launch and spin will play in real life. But if the goal is just to find the longest driver you have a pretty good one there

Agreed would definitely need to look at a different shaft in an actual fitting.  I didn't export the numbers from the session to show the average, but definitely blown away with how consistent the driver was!  With different strikes on the face, I didn't have them screaming left or right.  The misses would have been just in the rough which I'm normally used to playing from the adjacent fairway or being OB 🤣

11 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Agreed would definitely need to look at a different shaft in an actual fitting.  I didn't export the numbers from the session to show the average, but definitely blown away with how consistent the driver was!  With different strikes on the face, I didn't have them screaming left or right.  The misses would have been just in the rough which I'm normally used to playing from the adjacent fairway or being OB 🤣

Not sure what your target was and since you didnt post all the shots 33.7 yards offline to the right (assuming the R in that box indicate to the right) is quite far offline.

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Not sure what your target was and since you didnt post all the shots 33.7 yards offline to the right (assuming the R in that box indicate to the right) is quite far offline.

I wasn't doing a full review on this driver, just initial thoughts/feels.  That photo was just one shot where I was happy, and excited, that I got almost a 300 yard carry.  All I was looking to do was show it off since that's something I've never done with a driver before especially with a stock shaft off the rack.

If I was to analyze that shot by itself, my miss is a straight push, so I typically aim up the left side of the fairway.  This shot plays perfectly into that miss with 23 RPM sidespin.  Fairway widths are between 25-65 yards with the average fairway width is around 40 yards.  This shot for me would have most likely ended up on the right edge of the fairway, or just into 1st cut of rough.  I definitely wouldn't call that "quite far offline" as I'm just an average weekend warrior.

I was talking to the Fitter at the Golf Store about a 2 weeks ago and I was asking about new iron releases.  He said to “hold off for few weeks until he got the Callaway Fitting cart in”.  He was very optimistic about this release. 
After I heal up a bit more I’m heading down there and give them a go.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list