Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I like the Z-cord grips with an extra wrap

Sweaty hands in the warmer months and i find those work best for me

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9 degree, Project X Hzrdus T800, 6.5 flex

3wd: Titleist 917F, Speeder Ev0 661 T.S., Stiff flex

Hybrids: Titleist 818 H2 - 21 & 23 degree - Atmos HB T.S. Blue, stiff flex

Irons 5-GW: Mizuno 919 Hot Metal, 1 degree up right, +.75'' length.  Dyn Gold 120 X flex

SW: Titleist SM8 56 degree (Bent to 55), +1'' length, Dyn Golf 120 S flex

LW:  Callaway 60 degree, PM 19 Grind, +1'' length, KBS 610 Wedge S flex

I use the Winn DriTac LT Midsize. As an older golfer, it gives me a much better feel for the club. I’m striking all of my clubs much better because I’m more comfortable with my grip. My putter has the Saplize oversized putter grip. I love the control I have on that too.

🏌️♂️⛳🤦🏻‍♂️

Regular 'ole Golf Pride Tour Velvets with 2 extra wraps.  Rain or shine, warm, hot, or in the 30's, they feel like the same grip to me.  Tried others, but these work for me in all conditions.  I get a full season out of them with basic maintenance of Windex washes maybe once a month.

Winn Jumbo Prolite on the SeeMore.

I'm a no glove guy and have played full cords or a very firm grip forever. Currently playing the Golf Pride Z Grip cords. I tried to save a few bucks and went SuperStroke S Tech ($6 vs $11 ea) and cut them after a month. Horrible feel for me and a waste of $50.  Lesson learned.  

• Mav SubZ 9°
  • Mav SubZ 14.5°
  • Mav SubZ 16°
  • Mav 4hy
  • Apex CF19 5- AW
  • Hogan Equalizer 54°
    Cleveland 58°
  • Odyssey StrokeLab 7s
  • TaylorMade TP5x

On 1/5/2022 at 6:01 PM, DaveP043 said:

For 10 years or longer I've used grips from Iomic.  They stay tacky for years, much longer than anything I've ever used, including the original GP New DEcade multi-compound grips, including all cord grips.  My favorite are the X-Evolutions.

Just switched to Iomic grips this year from Z grips. Not sure I could ever go back to cord grips after playing these. 

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Always been a big fan of Golf Pride MCC payed for years with them in black/white, but don't like the +4, too thick under my right (lower) hand... I have chunky hands and find thicker grips uncomfortable- more recently I have switched to Lamkin Crossline Std. As my PXG 0211 DC irons came with PXG Lamkin Z Grips which are almost as good, so match with the Lamkin Crosslines in the Driver & Wedges... Lamkin Deep Etch Pistol on my Rife RG1 putter too...

"They called it golf because all of the other four letter words were used" Raymond Floyd

Golf Pride Tour Velvet +4.   Because of the built up lower hand.  Also I can rotate them 180' so I don't have to see the writing on the grip either.

Used the GP MCC +4 for a few seasons as well, but the two different materials (cord for upper hand, rubber on the lower hand) one grip felt strange for me.  

In days of old I used to bulid up the lower hand with more tape, and use a grip with a conventional taper, but I would get impatient and sloppy with the build up and the grips wouldn't feel the same from club to club.  Never came up with a good, consistent procedure.

Having a grip already built-up is much easier and faster.   

Callaway Universal Grip

I have been playing since the early 80's and have used a number of grips. I had some grips in the 80's in Orange, don't remember the manufacturer, but they were out there for the 80's. Thank you Denver Broncos! Hard as a rock too. Not like now when grips come in a number of colors and various feels. Anyway, I don't wear a glove. I used Golf Pride half cord grips for a number of years. While they didn't slip, with no glove they were not good for my left hand. Also used a variety of Lambkin grips. Then I bought my first set of Callaway irons. Love the Callaway Universal Grip. They don't slip, the feel is just right, and on the Callaway pre-owned site I can buy then for $3.99. The only downside is the shipping cost, which the last time I ordered was $9.95 for 1 grip or a lot of grips. So I ordered 40. I play all year in AZ and my hands don't sweat a lot so I rarely need to wipe them down. I do clean them regularly so there is no buildup on the grip. I play at least 150 times a year and change them once a year during overseed.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

On 1/7/2022 at 12:03 PM, LeftyMatt89 said:

Haha that is so true. Well so far in 7 days in 2022 no changes. Not even a grip. I like for full swing grips anything with cord for the summer. Right now in South Carolina doesn’t really matter but in hot and humid I need at least a little cord. In addition to Mcc grips I like Lamkin full cord players grips they are a little more grippy than the tour velvet cord. Either way I hope to keep clubs and grips as long as possible, the stealth has me intrigued but no movement yet by me haha

matty, 

It's only a matter of time brotha.  We all end up succumbing to the new gear as it releases in one way or another.  And the reviews seem to be very positive so far on the newer drivers.  However, for me, it would need to be out of this world to get my TSi out of the bag.  

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

On 1/5/2022 at 10:13 AM, BNewton51 said:

This is an often forgotten topic, but I think one of the more important aspects of any golf club.  

What's your go to Golf Grip and Why?

I'm a 100% sold on the Golf Price MMC +4 Midsized grip.  Various colors are available, but I typically go with the all grey.  I find those grips allow for ease of use whether I'm gripping down to hit chips or 3/4 shots, or on the full shots.  I also find with the weather that if they do get wet or during the cold they provide me with the best grip on the clubs.  I used to be a long time cord player, but replacing those things two to three times a year was such a hassle and frankly I don't think they ever really provided me with the feel that I get out of these new ones.  

So with that said, what are you gaming for 2022 and why?  Or do grips really not factor into your game that much.  Interesting topic I'd love to hear everyones input on. 

This is a great question & I almost overlooked!
This past year I've been tinkering with trying different brands of grips.  In the past my go to grip was Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G, Jumbo and MCC+4 Mid for wedges, when I played Callaway & Titleists Blades with heavier shaft (125gram 6.0 rifle) and always Tour Wraps on all woods (Driver, 3w & 5w).  
After purchasing Maverick Pro Irons with 105 gram shaft last year, found the Tour Wrap grips to be too heavy & could not feel the head. So switched Superstroke Oversized - 50gram grips for Irons and has a good feel. One issue with Superstroke grips is durability.  They don't last as long as Golf Pride Tour Wraps and wear out to quick. 
Wedges - MCC +4 on Sand Wedge &  60.  However, tinkering & just changed to a Lamkin Sonar + Mid - on 60 degree. 
For Driver, Just installed a JumboMax Ultralite Medium grip and really like it.  Again the weight of the Ultralite grip is 50grams
thinking of trying the small Ultralite on Irons - small is also 50 grams, but at $15 a grip, may have to stick with Superstroke at $7 LOL.   There are not too many grips in Jumbo size, at the 50-55gram weight.

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

• 2 weeks later...

My go to grip is the Tour Velvet BCT. Unfortunately the midsize has been out of stock to the public for about a year now. Ping offers them but only with a new club or if you send the clubs back to them to get new grips installed.

So I ordered the standard size ribbed version with 4 extra wraps, which seems to be available through various sources. After gripping a few irons and testing the grip, I actually may prefer it to the midsize. 

I also recently tried the tour wrap 2g midsize in white, and really liked it. Very tacky but Im worried in the summer my sweaty hands will not like the feel. 

Switched to SuperStroke Traxion Wrap Midsize grips on all my clubs this past year.

Like the fact that they are light for their size which doesn’t mess up swing weights like the Midsize Golfpride MCC+4 align grips that I was using before.

They can be oriented in any direction, have a classic look and are very soft and tacky.

The only drawbacks are that they can get slick when wet or in the summer when hands are sweaty.  The tan grips show dirt fairly quickly.  Now using the black grips.

Had tried the Traxion Tour grips before the Traxion Wraps and liked them a lot, had an alignment feature, very soft and tacky, but they weren’t very durable.

34516FC9-783A-4E6A-95E4-39DEBC1955A5.jpeg

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

• 3 weeks later...

I currently have MCC +4 midsize throught the bag, but don't love them. I just picked up a Jumbomax Str8 Tech Ultralite XS and am seriously considering regripping the whole bag with them.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

On 1/6/2022 at 2:14 PM, BNewton51 said:

Another thing that just came to mind... 

As I'm getting older, only 48 but feel older some days... I find that I do have pain in the hands sometimes.  Early onset arthritis I'm sure.  Has anyone been in the same boat and considered larger grips or have specific grips that you find help with that sort of thing?

I do find the Midsized MCC's help a little bit as they are bigger, but still have some issues at time with that.  Has me thinking about if I shouldn't explore something a bit bigger and or softer to help with that sort of thing.  

Just in case anyone had any thought's I was throwing that out for additional conversation.  

I used Lamkin Crossline Oversize, with standard tape. Been using for at least 5-6 years now. Has helped with pain in my hands tremendously. Could not play nine without pain in my hands and forearms. All my clubs have oversize, except driver, which has a midsize grip. Grips hold up very well. Have not played much this year, so I'm good to go in that dept. for next year. Just clean them in warm soapy water, no rinse, dry with dry towel. Yes, name brand grips have gotten expensive, so you can look at Tacki-Mac grips(online). They have a crossline type grip(can not tell the difference), with a lower price. I have used them with the same success as Lamkin grips...

Driver-Ping g410 SFT, 3W-Callaway Diablo Octane, Hybrids-Snake Eyes Viper 18*+ 21*, Irons-GigaGolf Reva Hybrid Irons 24*- 46*, Wedges-Cleveland CBX2's 50*54*58*, Putter-Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11c

JumboMax Ultralite X-SMall, it took trial and error on correct size for these grips, but once I got it these things are amazing. I gained 5 to 12 yards depending on club thruout the bag. They rely enable you to control and feel the golf club. I'm straighter and longer, I frowned at them at first, well I was wrong, really wrong. 

Ping G410 Driver, 3 wood, and 2 hybrid.

Ben Hogan Ui-Hi 3 iron

Ben Hogan Icon Irons 4-Pw

Callaway MD5 Jaws 51 degree wedge

Callaway PM 19 56 degree Wedge

Bettinardi 2021 Queen B 6

Aging arthritic hands--Winn DriTac WRAP midsize with three extra wraps under right (lower) hand. Essentially, the Reduced Taper, but in a wrap style. Weight is comparable to many OE grips, so little impact on swing weight. The Copper color is a classic look if you can find them; Amazon is a good place to look. 

:ping-small: G425 Max D 44" set to 13*

:ping-small: G430 SFT HL  5W set to 20.5*

:ping-small: G430 HL 5 Hybrid set to 27.5*

:cleveland-small: Launcher XL HALO Full Face 9I 38*

:cleveland-small: CBX2 ZipCore Full Face 54*

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach Soft Premiere 11S 34"

:ping-small: Hoofer Craz-E Lite

I went from GP MCC+ Midsize (Teams - colour) to the Arccos / GP +4 Midsize.  Also have a couple of GP +4 midsize in my practice wedges.

Love them in particular on my wedges.  They are great when you are choking down on your clubs.  

Will definitely try a lighter grip in my driver over the winter to see if it makes a difference.  Will try the Jumbo Max Ultralite since other MGS'ers seem to be getting results with it.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Golf Pride Tour Wrap Microsuede midsize for all irons, wedges, and utility (sometimes replace by a hybrid).

Star grips sidewinder midsize for hybrid (sometimes replaced by a utility), woods, and driver.

For whatever reason I need wraps on irons and the like, and I absolutely can’t stand wraps on woods and similar…

My personal favorites have been the Super Stroke wrap style grips. Been a fan of the Golf Pride but found these on sale and like them even more. 

My WITB:

Driver - Taylormade SLDR TP 10*

3 Wood - Tour Edge CB2 15*
Irons - Wilson Staff V2 4-pw

Wedges - Wilson Staff 54* & 58*
Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 3

Ball - Wilson Staff Duo Spin or Soft

GolfPride MCC+4 Midsize - Driver thru wedge.

GolfPride SNSR 104 - Putters

Over the years of trust and play.  I really love the feel of GolfPride grips and they last longer when properly taken care of.   

P.S. I have tried some of the other brands and they just do not feel right and for sure do not last.

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I had been using the GP MCC +4 since they first came out and pretty much changed them out once a year.  I really like the grip and the color options were nice.  I retired in 2019 and started playing way more golf than before.  Close to 250 rounds each year.  In 6 months the MCC +4 were slick and I clean my clubs and grips often.  I switched to the Tacki Mac grip and have not had to change my grips since them...going on 3 years.  Granted they are black and have no character but still.....

Edited by RickK

WITB

Driver - Taylormade M6

3wd - Taylormade RBZ

Hybrids - Taylormade RBZ

Irons - Taylormade RSi1

Putter - Macgregor Smoothie

I just did a complete regrip and went with my go to grip, the Golf Pride CP2 wrap standard. They keep their tackiness and have a nice soft feel, which helps since I have some arthritis. On my putter it’s almost always a mid size pistol grip. On my ping it’s their grip. On my changed putter grips I go with Winn midsize 

Edited by John Bachman

Lamkin Sonar+ all swinging, & Lamkin Sink Fit putting.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips