WITB Grips

Original MCC midsize on all clubs with a SuperStroke Claw grip on my putter. I don't actually use a claw grip to putt, but for whatever reason that flat bottom hand portion is comfortable in my hands, so that's what I'm using. 

• Like 1

Driver: Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu
3 Wood: Snake Eyes Viper Tour, Aldila NV
Hybrids: Snake Eyes Viper Tour 18 and 24 deg, Aldila NV
Irons: Srixon I-701 5-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120
Wedges: Callaway X-Forged 50, 54, and 58, Nippon Modus3 Wedge 115
Putter: Yes! Marilyn

7 hours ago, RichL85 said:

Original MCC midsize on all clubs with a SuperStroke Claw grip on my putter. I don't actually use a claw grip to putt, but for whatever reason that flat bottom hand portion is comfortable in my hands, so that's what I'm using. 

I actually enjoy the SuperStroke grips as well on my putter.  The midsized one, not that huge one.  Just feel that they give you a much better feel in the hands when putting.  

BNewt51

Driver: TSi3 9* :titelist-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titelist-small:

Hybrid:  Ping 425 17* and Ping 410 22* (interchangeable with 4 iron depending on conditions)  :ping-small:

Irons:  JPX 921 Tour 4-GW :mizuno-small:

Wedges:  Jaws 54 Wedge, Jaws 58 Hi-Toe :callaway-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Newport 2 :scotty-cameron-1:

Ball:  Pro-V1 and Pro-V1x :titelist-small:

:ping-small: Hoofer - St. Judes Special Edition Bag 

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack) V-5 w/ Slope

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months! 🤣

Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus4 midsize.  I've been regripping with these since I reviewed a set here.  🙂

2 iron sets and all my woods and wedges now habe this grip.  Love it.  

Screenshot_20220219-145701_Gallery.jpg.35e013bb1693e896d1d56a92ab1a75d1.jpg

• Like 1

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😥

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg PXV R. Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:wilson_staff_small: C300 cast irons 5-PW. Fujikura graphite R 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

I really like the Winn DriTac LT in the midsize.  I have, because I like to tinker, installed the JumboMax less tapered model in x-small on a couple of clubs this winter just to see if there's any benefit.  It's what one does here in Wisconsin to while away the winter months...

• Like 1

PXG 0211  12*  Paderson Kinetixx A flex

PXG 0211 5 and 7 Woods  Paderson Kinetixx A Flex

PXG 0211 5 and 5 Hybrids  MMT A Flex

Cobra 7 Hybrid  A Flex

PXG 8,9,PW,GW Vista Pro A Flex

Cleveland CBX 54/12

Cobra Vintage Nova 33"

I have MCC +4 Mid on everything in green, my fav color. I didn't like the MCC line when they came out 15 years ago but these are great. Super durable so worth the cost. I have a SuperStroke Fatso 5.0 on my putter. I just wanted the biggest grip I could find.

I gamed Tour Velvet Mid for years but I found that the driver and wedges wouldn't last a full season. So I was regripping often. I've also used a few different Lambkin grips over the years and I've liked all of them.

Does anyone remember the Golf Pride Softee? I loved those

• Like 1

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

21 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I have MCC +4 Mid on everything in green, my fav color. I didn't like the MCC line when they came out 15 years ago but these are great. Super durable so worth the cost. I have a SuperStroke Fatso 5.0 on my putter. I just wanted the biggest grip I could find.

I gamed Tour Velvet Mid for years but I found that the driver and wedges wouldn't last a full season. So I was regripping often. I've also used a few different Lambkin grips over the years and I've liked all of them.

Does anyone remember the Golf Pride Softee? I loved those

I do remember the softee grips.  When they came out I was working in a shop and had to put them on a million clubs.  Found out quick though, they were NOT very durable and people were replacing them too frequently.... So many just moved on to another grip.  But I do remember them.  Felt good to the touch and grip. 

BNewt51

Driver: TSi3 9* :titelist-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titelist-small:

Hybrid:  Ping 425 17* and Ping 410 22* (interchangeable with 4 iron depending on conditions)  :ping-small:

Irons:  JPX 921 Tour 4-GW :mizuno-small:

Wedges:  Jaws 54 Wedge, Jaws 58 Hi-Toe :callaway-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Newport 2 :scotty-cameron-1:

Ball:  Pro-V1 and Pro-V1x :titelist-small:

:ping-small: Hoofer - St. Judes Special Edition Bag 

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack) V-5 w/ Slope

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months! 🤣

I've been using MCC+4 for a few years. I play 150-200 rds a year in all kinds of weather and I find the grips get hard and shiny after a year so I regrip annually.  Started regripping my own 5 years ago after moving and getting a high price for install locally. Tinkered by adding extra tape layers for a couple years to quiet my hands but then last year went midsize.  I think it was too much and felt it contributed to a  little ch speed loss with my driver and everything seems to now leak right, might be in my mind too, lol.  Found another driver recently with a shaft I had wanted to try and it has a regular tour velvet that seems to work well, so I was thinking to go back to regular MCC+4 throughout. I just got fitted for new irons and they used regular grips during the fitting based on my glove size.  I found a set in stock with the right shaft and they had reg size MCC from Mizuno on them.  I tried the new 4i with reg grip on the sim against my own 4i and felt it was easier to turn over as needed,  so I'm going to pick up another 1/2 dozen of the same type/size for my wedges and woods so there is consistency and give them a go this year.

Edited by JY56
spelling

3 hours ago, JY56 said:

I play 150-200 rds a year in all kinds of weather and I find the grips get hard and shiny after a year so I regrip annually.

... In case you don't do this I thought I would mention scrubbing them once a week (or more) with dish soap doesn't let the oils from your hand soak into the grip so they never get hard and shiny. 

• Like 2

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... In case you don't do this I thought I would mention scrubbing them once a week (or more) with dish soap doesn't let the oils from your hand soak into the grip so they never get hard and shiny. 

Yep I have been playing Tour Wraps since they came out. And yes like you said I scrub mine at least once a week with dish soap and carry a wet towel and wipe them down and dry them every shot (think Freddie Couples). I live in Coastal SC and have never had a slippage issue with them. Now I do wear a glove and rotate out like 5 in a round in the hot humid months. I hang them on the frame of the cart top or on my bag to dry. I rotate out a glove then about every 2 shots or so. I do not wear a glove putting or wedge shots or chipping. Some of my Tour wraps have been on and off maybe 25 clubs in their life span since I use air to install and take off. 

• Like 2

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label R-- PW M-85 Macgregor 48* S-400 Sensicore --- SW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- LW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Original Reuter Bulls Eye Standard---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Yep I have been playing Tour Wraps since they came out. And yes like you said I scrub mine at least once a week with dish soap and carry a wet towel and wipe them down and dry them every shot (think Freddie Couples). I live in Coastal SC and have never had a slippage issue with them. Now I do wear a glove and rotate out like 5 in a round in the hot humid months. I hang them on the frame of the cart top or on my bag to dry. I rotate out a glove then about every 2 shots or so. I do not wear a glove putting or wedge shots or chipping. Some of my Tour wraps have been on and off maybe 25 clubs in their life span since I use air to install and take off. 

That is awesome feedback as I like tour wraps, remind me of my baseball days but figured in humid SC months would get slippery. Might be giving them a go this year. 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST 9 💎💎💎 Ventus Black 6TX 

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Accra RPZ Tour 472 M5+

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 23 Ventus Blue 10X

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex TCB 5-AW Modus 130X :titelist-small: T100 4 iron Modus 130X 

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 54.12, 60.08 Modus 125 Wedge/60.10 LAGP L Series 120 Wedge 

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1 

1 hour ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

That is awesome feedback as I like tour wraps, remind me of my baseball days but figured in humid SC months would get slippery. Might be giving them a go this year. 

I am a big guy and sweat like a swamp pig--- One thing I did not mention in the previous post is that in the hot humid weather I wear sweat bands like the tennis players wear on their wrist helps me tremendously. But yeah I keep those grips and hand oil free by cleaning them in dish detergent once a week in hot weather. 

• Like 1

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label R-- PW M-85 Macgregor 48* S-400 Sensicore --- SW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- LW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Original Reuter Bulls Eye Standard---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

50 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I am a big guy and sweat like a swamp pig--- One thing I did not mention in the previous post is that in the hot humid weather I wear sweat bands like the tennis players wear on their wrist helps me tremendously. But yeah I keep those grips and hand oil free by cleaning them in dish detergent once a week in hot weather. 

I sweat like crazy too and have to use multiple gloves on rotation in the summer in SC too. That’s a good idea with wrist bands, I’ve tried antiperspirant on my wrists but it’s not too effective. Good tip on cleaning the grips, I only do it about once a month but I’m sure it will help if I do it more frequently. I usually play an Mcc or full cord to help with grip but I’m going to get a few tour wrap and test them out again. 

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex TCB 5-AW Modus 130X :titelist-small: T100 4 iron Modus 130X 

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 54.12, 60.08 Modus 125 Wedge/60.10 LAGP L Series 120 Wedge 

1 hour ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

Good tip on cleaning the grips, I only do it about once a month but I’m sure it will help if I do it more frequently.

... And like STU said, wipe them down before every shot with a wet towel and they stay tacky on the course. Living next to Lake Michigan it was always humid in summer and August was just like SC, but moving to Phoenix the humidity is very low and I never sweat. I don't wear a glove and I am told I still sweat quite a bit in summer here when the temps are 105-115 consistently but the air is so dry the sweat evaporates before I can feel it. I no longer need to wipe my grips as I play but still wash them with dish soap once a week. 

... I am a considerate kinda guy and always pick up my pards wedges after they putt out and am always amazed at how some of them are so hard and slick I have no idea how they can swing them without them flying out of their hands. 

• Like 3

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... And like STU said, wipe them down before every shot with a wet towel and they stay tacky on the course. Living next to Lake Michigan it was always humid in summer and August was just like SC, but moving to Phoenix the humidity is very low and I never sweat. I don't wear a glove and I am told I still sweat quite a bit in summer here when the temps are 105-115 consistently but the air is so dry the sweat evaporates before I can feel it. I no longer need to wipe my grips as I play but still wash them with dish soap once a week. 

... I am a considerate kinda guy and always pick up my pards wedges after they putt out and am always amazed at how some of them are so hard and slick I have no idea how they can swing them without them flying out of their hands. 

I agree with my buddies. I told my Dad to wash his grips and he was skeptical. He got so much dirt off the towel wasn’t white anymore. He plays 3-4 times a week and hadn’t ever cleaned them in about a year. 

• Like 2

On 1/5/2022 at 10:13 AM, BNewton51 said:

This is an often forgotten topic, but I think one of the more important aspects of any golf club.  

What's your go to Golf Grip and Why?

I'm a 100% sold on the Golf Price MMC +4 Midsized grip.  Various colors are available, but I typically go with the all grey.  I find those grips allow for ease of use whether I'm gripping down to hit chips or 3/4 shots, or on the full shots.  I also find with the weather that if they do get wet or during the cold they provide me with the best grip on the clubs.  I used to be a long time cord player, but replacing those things two to three times a year was such a hassle and frankly I don't think they ever really provided me with the feel that I get out of these new ones.  

So with that said, what are you gaming for 2022 and why?  Or do grips really not factor into your game that much.  Interesting topic I'd love to hear everyones input on. 

Using Cure CX3 putter

4 hours ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

I agree with my buddies. I told my Dad to wash his grips and he was skeptical. He got so much dirt off the towel wasn’t white anymore. He plays 3-4 times a week and hadn’t ever cleaned them in about a year. 

I’m not sure anyone besides me in my playing group cleans their grips. Maybe once a season if at all. It would drive me nuts. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Bachman said:

I’m not sure anyone besides me in my playing group cleans their grips. Maybe once a season if at all. It would drive me nuts. 

Exactly it would drive me nuts and in the hot humid summer if I had a slip and I wasn’t cleaning my clubs I’d be upset for making a preventable mistake 

• Like 2

Iomic 2.3 sticky ribbed. Regular or non- ribbed for 56’ & 60’ wedges. These grips are great. They stay tacky , don’t shred your hands and you don’t have to replace them for quite some time as long as you wipe them down every now and then. They offer several colors, a 1.8 for those with smaller hands as well as some mid size offerings. I’ve tried a lot of grips but keep coming back to Iomic. They don’t disappoint. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 5:58 PM, chisag said:

I do clean my grips fairly regularly with hot soapy water and a scrub brush but maybe I need to do it a little more often.  I rarely see any dirt on my towel when wiping but will certainly try more frequently and see if it helps. Thanks

• Like 1