Sunmountain Sync or C130S Stand Bag

Tyler86

I always wanted a C-130 cart bag and a couple years ago finally got one.  I loved it.  But then all the threads at the bottom of the full length dividers came out letting the clubs go past the bottom and snarl all up like a bag without dividers.  Then the zippers started going to hell.  I've had Ogio, Ping, Titleist and other bags that this same stuff happens to and now have a Callaway Org 14 bag.  So far so good.

What's In the Bag

Callaway Rogue ST Max driver w/reg Xcaliber Mystic 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-wood w/reg Fuijikura Air Speeder 40 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-hybrid w/reg KBS 70 shaft
Titleist AP1 714 irons 5-PW & GW w/reg Fujikura Atmos shafts
Callaway Jaws full toe 60° wedge with Project X Catalyst 80 wedge graphite shaft
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 CH stroke lab putter
Callaway Org 14 bag

I'm not over the hill.  I'm on the back nine.

I recently got the C130s and love it. Plenty of storage. Great when I go to the range and don’t have to worry about bag tipping over. Have used it on my push cart and a riding cart. Love it!

• Like 1

Ken "Cruise" Mancini

I bought a Sync earlier this year because I'm playing with my kids (9 and 11 years old) a lot and wanted extra storage to haul extra stuff for them too.  It's big, but not tour bag big.  We go through a lot of balls now (thank God for Kirkland balls), but still that ball pocket is excessively huge.  It would be nice to trade off some of that space for more cooler pocket size.  It's hard to get 3 drink bottles in there.  I agree with the comment about the sharp bottom edge of the putter pocket.  The bottom of my putter grip is also sharp edge and, even if I'm careful, it always catches on the frame when I pull out my putter.  I use Golf Pride CPX mid-size grips and they still fit into the small-ish corner club pockets.  I use the velour lined valuables pocket for my phone.  It's perfect for that.  I wish there was a handle at the bottom of the front of the bag.  It would help with loading it onto my cart or into the trunk of my car.  Also, as others have mentioned, the strap slots do not line up with the straps on the back of a golf cart.  They are perfect for my push cart, which I use 95% of the time anyway.  Overall, I'm happy with the bag and have no regrets buying it.  I wish I could say the same about the Ping Hoofer I bought recently.

• Like 1

Regarding the Callaway Org 14 - great looking bag, lots of large pockets.  But club dividers around putter well separated from bag top in less than 6 months.  In looking at reviews, that's a common issue.  I sent back to Callaway, I assume they will ship replacement.   One other issue with Org 14 - its too short for Sun Mountain cart (Pathfinder 4).  The top cart straps slide up across putter well unless you hike bag up - I've been running it 3" above the bottom bracket - because the bag is wide it was also rubbing on front wheels of my 4-wheeler.  I'm likely going to replace it with a Sync. 

Dave

Taylor Made Sim Driver and 5 wood

ping G400 3 wood

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal irons 4-G

Callaway Jaws MD wedges 54° and 58°

evnroll ER5 murdered out black putter

I'm on my second C130 cart bag.  The first blew out a side zipper after maybe 3 years of constant use (I play 3 times a week).  That pocket was were I kept my valuables, so I searched for a new one.  Gave the old one to a friend 2 years ago, and he is still using it.

My new one is starting a little hole in one of the two large side compartments, but it's otherwise in good shape.  Like I said, this goes in and out of the car trunk and onto the cart some 12-15 times a month.

It's a hefty bag, so I don't take it on travel trips as I worry it will simple weigh too much.  I can hold anything tho. 

Dave Mueller

On 6/8/2022 at 9:15 AM, Headhammer said:

Yes, thank you. The thought crossed my mind. My bag is black, which doesn't help, but the ice melts so quick that it either drains out the vents or it leaks into the ball pocket.

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

I have a C130 great bag and well worth the money CS is located in Missoula MT and they will take good care of you. And I like that

I had a C130 and it was black with orange beading, it started to fade, so I called them asking what they could do? Next thing I know I have a new bag and sent the other back

I am not sure if they are made in Missoula but the quality is well worth the $70

Play in SW WA and in the PDX area