Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Club Champion to purchase TXG

cnosil

Read on another forum that tomorrow there  will be an announcement that TXG is being bought by Club Champion.   Club champion Instagram story seems to hint at this as well.  No info on impacts but it is definitely interesting especially with the reputation of the two companies. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Wow!!! Going to be interesting to see if this affects Ian’s and Matt’s YouTube productions, and if it changes their “honesty” when reviewing clubs…

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

28 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Read on another forum that tomorrow there  will be an announcement that TXG is being bought by Club Champion.   Club champion Instagram story seems to hint at this as well.  No info on impacts but it is definitely interesting especially with the reputation of the two companies. 

Having had zero experience with Club Champion I would love to hear how you all think it would effect TXG? 

My first thought is that TXG is willing to sell and hopefully keep their brand, but hopefully with a large company backing them they can further look to expand into more areas and more stores? Keeping on that I wonder how much the restrictions in Ontario have effected them? It is a hot spot in Canada and maybe this will help them on a strictly business end of things? 

Regardless interesting development and I hope that it is they are only being bought more in name and will continue with their TXG brand and more or less just be a sister company so to speak without being asked or forced into a direction that they want to be in. That being said I don't see Ian being the type of owner to do that and maybe again this will open up further opportunities for them!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

That’s interesting. Curious to see how this plays out. Maybe Ian takes the money and does something else. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Having had zero experience with Club Champion I would love to hear how you all think it would effect TXG? 

My first thought is that TXG is willing to sell and hopefully keep their brand, but hopefully with a large company backing them they can further look to expand into more areas and more stores? Keeping on that I wonder how much the restrictions in Ontario have effected them? It is a hot spot in Canada and maybe this will help them on a strictly business end of things? 

Regardless interesting development and I hope that it is they are only being bought more in name and will continue with their TXG brand and more or less just be a sister company so to speak without being asked or forced into a direction that they want to be in. That being said I don't see Ian being the type of owner to do that and maybe again this will open up further opportunities for them!

I was thinking exactly along these lines, I did wonder how much Covid has impacted them it seems like they have been shut down for 18 out of the last 24 months which must have been very hard.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Wonder if this is more about club champion expanding into Canada or within Canada and not having to find space and/or construction as much as it would be about txg trying to expand via CC.

TXG and CC have different fitting approach with CC using shaft then find the head and TXG doing like almost every fitter starting with head and fine tuning with the shaft, so that dynamic will be interesting if Ian stays.

Maybe it’s an offer Ian couldn’t refuse and will take the money and go back home. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

4 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Ian has stated numerous times that trackman shouldn’t be used for indoor fittings. Club Champion exclusively uses trackman for indoor fittings. 

not sure how this is going to play out

Forgot about that

Wow..Very interesting.  Well It is two year old conversation, but when I was there in 2019, Ian told me he was very much looking at expanding into the US and had a couple markets in mind where he already had discussions going on.   One of those markets already has two CC locations in the suburbs.   

But I think RickyBobby's comment about possibly taking the buyout and going home, or onto a nother venture, isn't impossible. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

How messed up would it be if this is Boolchit?  

Texan Raised in Maryland

OnOff Kuro 2015 Irons 5-PW NS. Pro Modus 105 

Titleist TSi3 MC Tensei White 65 

Ping G425 Max  14.5 Max MC Tensei Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

Mizuno T20  50 ,54,58 Wedges

Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

Titleist Pro V-1X

3 minutes ago, Tzoid08 said:

How messed up would it be if this is Boolchit?  

????

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Wow … didn’t expect this…congrats to Ian… I think? From a business perspective This is great news but so different in terms of consumer connection.. TXGs social media (YouTube)foot print is the real prize here for club champion because while they have tried there attempt at what TXG does has fell miles short… the connection is key hopefully that’s not lost… and hopefully Matt can continue and there aren’t new restrictions for him and his marketing company given Club Champions existing marketing plan.

Driver -Radspeed

3W - Radspeed Bigtour

5w - Radspeed Tour

4i - Ben Hogan UiHi 

5-PW Ben Hogan PTX Pro

50,55,60 Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Putter - Cobra King Sport 60

TXG started a live Q&A - their normal weekly but spoke to the news to some extent as well.

Ian said they will produce a livestream tomorrow once the news is official-official to discuss more in-depth.

Edited by CDMac24

:ping-small: G410+ 12° Fujikura Pro 2.0 5 S
:taylormade-small: 15° SIM Max Slay 65 S
:titelist-small: 18° TSi2 TENSEI AV RAW Blue 65 S
:callaway-small: 20°/23° RougueX | 6-PW RougueX
:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F/56.12D/60.08M
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab #7
:titelist-small: Pro V1, Pro V1x, AVX (aka undecided - testing in progress)
:Arccos:

Right hander with 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 heritage --> Born in the 🇺🇸

17 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Matt Blois has announced he’s not longer working with TXG effective immediately. 

Yikes

Whoa. That's.... wow. 

EDIT: Just read his Instagram statement. Very telling. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, Kenms said:

It looks like TXG will be pushing upgraded shafts from now on just like Club Champions. Too bad. I guess I can unsubscribe from TXG now. 

They always pushed upgraded shafts. 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Hopefully, between Ryan Barath and Mike Martyseiwicz they'll still have some good videos. I really enjoy listening to them on the Build Shop podcast. 

@jlukes

Something about Ryan that just doesn't do it for me. I don't dislike him per se, but I honestly don't really like him either. Maybe it's because I feel he talks more about himself than most of the topics. He's ok but just doesn't move the needle enough. 

Either way, I bet he didn't plan on leaving GolfWRX to go work for Club Champion. 

My bag is a revolving door!

8 hours ago, PerdyGolf said:

Wow … didn’t expect this…congrats to Ian… I think? From a business perspective This is great news but so different in terms of consumer connection.. TXGs social media (YouTube)foot print is the real prize here for club champion because while they have tried there attempt at what TXG does has fell miles short… the connection is key hopefully that’s not lost… and hopefully Matt can continue and there aren’t new restrictions for him and his marketing company given Club Champions existing marketing plan.

Good point about the carrot in this deal for CC.  I'm now seeing more TrueSpec YT videos on fitting and club assessments, and their effort to capture some of this popular marketing space.  I wonder if TXG was courted by them as well?  TS did acquire Fairway Jockey a year or so ago and maybe didn't have the financial bandwidth... presuming they were even interested.

5 hours ago, jlukes said:

Cobra Connect 5 flopping and now this TXG News have really put a dent in my love for interacting on internet golf forums

The CCC5 just fell victim to the pandemic fallout and we see golf industry acquisitions pretty often.  There is still lots of meat on the bone.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

TXG is relevant because of their YouTube following, not sure Club Champion buying their two club fitting locations is significant - except to Mike and Ian's pocketbooks.  Will they be able to continue the videos? and if so, will it be under the same name?!?

I don't really see an upside for Club Champion.  What am I missing here?

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.5c73aa0e191520c63e4a7567ea08cf4a.pngTour -  image.png.70e0eeb259be4d89842e31955c4a2f83.png
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

image.png

image.png

11 hours ago, jlukes said:

Traded some DMs with Ian. Nothing is changing and TXG will continue to use Foresight and Quintic

For now. Every merger/buyout/partnership starts by saying this to save face/avoid or headache during the change. But when renewals for equipment and software are due, changes and linking systems are inevitable