Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Club Champion to purchase TXG

cnosil

On 1/11/2022 at 6:19 PM, pakman92 said:

It's sad that we won't be seeing those informative videos featuring Matt.   His consistent swings allow for the reviews/fittings to be successful.   Not to mention the great on-camera chemistry between the 2.   If Ian continues the video, I hope he can find another 'robot'  hopefully featuring a more mortal like distances. 

I'd like to nominate my buddy @Thin2win 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

25 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

For some things, I understand. An over priced fitting? I do not. 

Curious to why would you say that they are over priced??  I think their pricing is actually really good.  They want $400 canadian for a full bag fitting which is ~ $325 at current exchange rates.  

Club champion charges $400 US for a full bag fitting

Cool Clubs is $500 and True Spec is $450. 

TXG is actually a bargain compared to the big options in the US.  

3 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

Curious to why would you say that they are over priced??  I think their pricing is actually really good.  They want $400 canadian for a full bag fitting which is ~ $325 at current exchange rates.  

Club champion charges $400 US for a full bag fitting

Cool Clubs is $500 and True Spec is $450. 

TXG is actually a bargain compared to the big options in the US.  

It is not just the fitting, its the upcharge on clubs etc.. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

1 hour ago, Quigleyd said:

For some things, I understand. An over priced fitting? I do not. 

48 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

First complaint was about the price of a fitting which isn’t close to true. Their fittings are inline with a lot of locations based on what you are getting for, so invalid complaint.

The next is about the cost of upcharge clubs. Which is a separate aspect of the process and one doesn’t have to be fit to buy clubs from them and one doesn’t have to buy clubs if they are fit by txg.

But many go to TXG because like other specialty fitters they have options that oems didn’t offer in their matrix. So those who aren’t worried about the cost are going to both go to txg for their fitting to find the best combo for them that isn’t stock.

They give you your specs along with your data. You are free to do whatever you want with it and one can save some money by sourcing the parts and having them built elsewhere or have another builder do it, which is what I would do. 

As far far as the builds go their builders are also some of the nest around. I have yet to see any complaint about the quality of build from their shop. 

So while spending alot of money on a hobby may not be your cup of tea it’s definitely not and issue for alot of other people. But that’s no reason to knock anyone who is willing to wait 3 months to get that experience or even drive an extended period of time. I’ve met lifters who drove 10 hours just to visit a gym on opening day, workout and drover 10 hours home right after that.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

6 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

First complaint was about the price of a fitting which isn’t close to true. Their fittings are inline with a lot of locations based on what you are getting for, so invalid complaint.

The next is about the cost of upcharge clubs. Which is a separate aspect of the process and one doesn’t have to be fit to buy clubs from them and one doesn’t have to buy clubs if they are fit by txg.

But many go to TXG because like other specialty fitters they have options that oems didn’t offer in their matrix. So those who aren’t worried about the cost are going to both go to txg for their fitting to find the best combo for them that isn’t stock.

They give you your specs along with your data. You are free to do whatever you want with it and one can save some money by sourcing the parts and having them built elsewhere or have another builder do it, which is what I would do. 

As far far as the builds go their builders are also some of the nest around. I have yet to see any complaint about the quality of build from their shop. 

So while spending alot of money on a hobby may not be your cup of tea it’s definitely not and issue for alot of other people. But that’s no reason to knock anyone who is willing to wait 3 months to get that experience or even drive an extended period of time. I’ve met lifters who drove 10 hours just to visit a gym on opening day, workout and drover 10 hours home right after that.

Your right, I was basically combining the cost of fitting and clubs together. Your right, I do not care or judge anyone for doing whatever they want with the money they earned. If people want to wait, that is totally fine. if people want to fly from Miami to Toronto for a fitting cool. I just think that is a bit extreme. I have done lots of fittings, I know what the process can be. So it has to a certain extent taken the mystique out of it that I think it is nuts for such extremes. But again, do what you want and what will make you happy. 

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Your right, I was basically combining the cost of fitting and clubs together. Your right, I do not care or judge anyone for doing whatever they want with the money they earned. If people want to wait, that is totally fine. if people want to fly from Miami to Toronto for a fitting cool. I just think that is a bit extreme. I have done lots of fittings, I know what the process can be. So it has to a certain extent taken the mystique out of it that I think it is nuts for such extremes. But again, do what you want and what will make you happy. 

I have done a bunch myself. It was my side gig for roughly 6 years before the main gig got in the way so I understand the process and what txg offers far out exceeds the typical fitting

No offense to you but the level of fitting at txg far outside everyday fittings. One Ian’s experience is a lot more extensive than people realize. He called it Tour Experience  Golf for a reason. Two his knowledge is at or near the top of the game. He’s not only going to fit someone but he’s going to help them with their swing so that they get the most out of the fitting just watch the video from @Golfspy_CG2 fitting with them.

The fitters he hires are going to be top notch as well and better fitters from working with Ian.

The type of fitting one gets at txg is going to be on par with going to TPI, ECPC, The Kingdom. 

TXG isn’t your average fitting.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Just cause you haven't seen it, doesn't make it true.  Don't believe everything you see on the internet.  The lead builder there hasn't really been at it that long.

That doesn't make sense to me either...I guess the canadian MSRP prices are higher than their US equivalents but that has nothing to do with TXG.  If you're complaining about the prices of custom shafts then that is a different story and again has nothing to do with TXG.  Every other large custom fitter charges the same MSRP prices on upgraded/non-stock shafts.  

6 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

That doesn't make sense to me either...I guess the canadian MSRP prices are higher than their US equivalents but that has nothing to do with TXG.  If you're complaining about the prices of custom shafts then that is a different story and again has nothing to do with TXG.  Every other large custom fitter charges the same MSRP prices on upgraded/non-stock shafts.  

I saw some weird super upcharges on the TXG site. For example, Nippon 950GH shafts are like $25 retail from everywhere. On TXG, they were like an $85 USD upcharge. Even if they made a mistake and meant $85 CDN, that is still a lot of upcharge. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

55 minutes ago, Seymour Butts said:

Just cause you haven't seen it, doesn't make it true.  Don't believe everything you see on the internet.  The lead builder there hasn't really been at it that long.

Well if people aren’t posting it in reviews or doing like you see on golf forums about how bad CC build was out of spec. Then it’s hard to say there’s bad builds. People will let everyone know about their bad experiences a lot more than good ones regardless of what industry

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I have done a bunch myself. It was my side gig for roughly 6 years before the main gig got in the way so I understand the process and what txg offers far out exceeds the typical fitting

No offense to you but the level of fitting at txg far outside everyday fittings. One Ian’s experience is a lot more extensive than people realize. He called it Tour Experience  Golf for a reason. Two his knowledge is at or near the top of the game. He’s not only going to fit someone but he’s going to help them with their swing so that they get the most out of the fitting just watch the video from @Golfspy_CG2 fitting with them.

The fitters he hires are going to be top notch as well and better fitters from working with Ian.

The type of fitting one gets at txg is going to be on par with going to TPI, ECPC, The Kingdom. 

TXG isn’t your average fitting.

Sure.. if you say so. I am not discounting his knowledge. But in golf it is not hard to obtain. I am not a club builder. But as far as fitting goes. I think I can give anyone a run for their money..

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I saw some weird super upcharges on the TXG site. For example, Nippon 950GH shafts are like $25 retail from everywhere. On TXG, they were like an $85 USD upcharge. Even if they made a mistake and meant $85 CDN, that is still a lot of upcharge. 

It's $84.99 CDN and yup, people pay it.

13 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

Sure.. if you say so. I am not discounting his knowledge. But in golf it is not hard to obtain. I am not a club builder. But as far as fitting goes. I think I can give anyone a run for their money..

Having read posts from you on different sites I’ll disagree and leave it at that.

10 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Having read posts from you on different sites I’ll disagree and leave it at that.

Sure man.. That's cool. Not sure how or why this turned into a personal pissing match but you seem extremely sensitive to this topic. We will just agree to disagree and move on.. 

16 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Sure man.. That's cool. Not sure how or why this turned into a personal pissing match but you seem extremely sensitive to this topic. We will just agree to disagree and move on.. 

not a personal attack. Ian is one of the best in the business and what txg offers from both the level of fitting as well as the overall experience isn’t something you get at your regular fittings at clubs/course or ranges. 

I know and have been fit by good and really good fitters and have had some exceptional fitters including the guy that currently handles lpga for pxg. 

Guys like Ian, Trottie and the rest that work at TPI, ECPC, The kingdom are next level fitters. There’s not that many people that are going to give them a run for their money. I’m using the limited knowledge of your skills I have based on experience with posts to disagree with your statement. I’m not attacking you. 

4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

not a personal attack. Ian is one of the best in the business and what txg offers from both the level of fitting as well as the overall experience isn’t something you get at your regular fittings at clubs/course or ranges. 

I know and have been fit by good and really good fitters and have had some exceptional fitters including the guy that currently handles lpga for pxg. 

Guys like Ian, Trottie and the rest that work at TPI, ECPC, The kingdom are next level fitters. There’s not that many people that are going to give them a run for their money. I’m using the limited knowledge of your skills I have based on experience with posts to disagree with your statement. I’m not attacking you. 

Sounds good! 

16 hours ago, dlow206 said:

That one does seem to be an anomaly, but most of the others seem about right since the prices are in canadian dollars.  It could even be a mistake on the website.  

I'd be curious as to how much club building they do based off of web sales.  If you're in the US it makes zero sense to order from them as prices on golf equipment are definitely more expensive even after the favorable exchange rate.  Perhaps if you live in Canada there is a lack of qualified builders which seems hard to believe, but I honestly have no idea.  

2 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

That one does seem to be an anomaly, but most of the others seem about right since the prices are in canadian dollars.  It could even be a mistake on the website.  

I'd be curious as to how much club building they do based off of web sales.  If you're in the US it makes zero sense to order from them as prices on golf equipment are definitely more expensive even after the favorable exchange rate.  Perhaps if you live in Canada there is a lack of qualified builders which seems hard to believe, but I honestly have no idea.  

No, it's not an anomaly.  Not gonna lie I've seen what some people have paid for clubs with "stock" setups and they were treated as a-la carte orders.  Shafts and grips that are no upcharge were charged in full after market price.  Some time ago they kind of got called on it, and it's since gotten a little better.  

23 hours ago, OldBoyEd said:

TXG YT channel will suffer with the loss of Matt. 

This. As others have said it seems like CC is doing this as an easy entry to the Canadian market. I think the other big push is the social presence TXG has. CC has below average content so this acquisition should help but with Matt out it might not as much as they were hoping. 

I would be interested to see how Matt and Iain’s contract is set up. They are using the TXG name and providing fittings but their biggest value (IMO) is their social content. 

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

New intro for TXG in their videos signally even more a new era for them. I know it has been said, but I'll say it again. Matt and Ian worked so well together in that combination. Nothing against Mikey or his dynamic with Ian, but TXG had struck gold with Ian doing the deep dive on the numbers and Matt hitting the ball. The back and forth and was well the best. 

There is a way different feel to the videos with Ian hitting and one that isn't as dynamic. All the info is there and the same analysis, but there is certainly a different feel which seems flatter and less dynamic. Maybe it will just be getting use to it, but I hope they find a groove which will bring that spark back. Or maybe I'm just being too harsh? 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

43 minutes ago, Rojohn6262 said:

Does that mean club champion will do fittings like TXG?

Doubt it. The post I saw is txg will be keeping the name so while one company txg will do things their way at their locations and cc will do it their way at all their locations.

Both methods work (although most fitters use head to get the right window then fine tune with shaft especially in woods/hybrids) and it really comes down to the fitter.

If cc makes any changes it should be to get rid of trackman 

52 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

New intro for TXG in their videos signally even more a new era for them. I know it has been said, but I'll say it again. Matt and Ian worked so well together in that combination. Nothing against Mikey or his dynamic with Ian, but TXG had struck gold with Ian doing the deep dive on the numbers and Matt hitting the ball. The back and forth and was well the best. 

There is a way different feel to the videos with Ian hitting and one that isn't as dynamic. All the info is there and the same analysis, but there is certainly a different feel which seems flatter and less dynamic. Maybe it will just be getting use to it, but I hope they find a groove which will bring that spark back. Or maybe I'm just being too harsh? 

I agree. They feel very scripted for lack of a better term. And they feel less personable 

59 minutes ago, PankaGolf said:

Teething to get back to full swing in the videos, did the presenting feel a little clunky? Yeah. Will it improve? Yeah. 

still the best YouTube for info. 

I won't disagree that they are still one of the best. I'm sure it will improve with time and they will find a formula that works. Personally I strongly believe Ian needs to be behind the computer and camera talking about what he sees and hears in the swing and explaining the numbers. Then have someone else hitting. He has such a wealth of knowledge in terms of watching the swing and all that he almost seems to do it all when he is also the one hitting the club. 

Who knows what will happen in the future for them and I hope it improves. For now I'll still watch, but more likely just have them on in the background and not be as engaged as I once was. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

14 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Chemistry is a real thing and if people don’t have it, we’ll….they don’t have it. I have not watched the video yet but it sounds like I would probably think the same as you.

ian and Matt discussions were effortless, to the point where it looked unedited. I sure hope it can get back to that over time

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

16 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I've never enjoyed videos where Ian hits as much as I did when Matt would hit. I'll continue to be a subscriber and see how this all shakes out, but the back and forth with Matt was much better than what's being presented now. I think it helped that Matt wasn't as knowledgeable. He learned a lot during his time with Ian, but his occupation was not and has never been Club Fitter. I think that created a much more natural opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback that were relevant to the user. 

Also, while I enjoy the visual of the new TXG intro, the audio doesn't even compare. There's nothing quite like that cello(?) and drums to let you know you're about to watch a great video.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Agree that Ian hitting balls with somebody else interpreting data is like somebody checking Stephen Hawking's physics homework.  Somewhat awkward with each observation having a vibe of "here's what I think, is it right? " 

I've always been impressed with Ian's knowledge of the various shaft profiles and their potential effect for a golfers delivery.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• 3 weeks later...

Matt is back on YT. Matt Blois Golf. Only been on for a week, but has some interviews and lessons. Good stuff and I wish him success. I subscribed, liked, and commented. Join me. It costs us nothing. 

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid