Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Club Champion to purchase TXG

cnosil

YouTube channels peak: we’ve seen peak TXG,  and what it is now cannot be what it was with Matt. I’m sure Txg will continue to be a great place to be fit, regardless of business models, simply due to having better/more experienced fitters. CC varies wildly from 1 location to another, because some locations have good fitters and others don’t. 

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

• 6 months later...

Think this topic deserves a bit of a boost. When the whole thing went down I was disappointed. I understood, but was a bit disappointed especially with Matt leaving. I took a long while off and didn't watch any of their content or listen to podcasts or really anything. I loved listening to Ian, but the others just didn't grab me or pull my attention like Matt did with Ian. 

Recently I noticed they had another new guy (another lefty) and altho he is by no means Matt I have slowly started to gravitate back towards their youtube content and enjoyed a bit more of it. They seem to be getting back to their roots a little bit and at least in my view found a groove again. 

I haven't seen too much change in terms of how they operate and I can't say much in terms of their in store experience, but at least to me I am coming around on them again and am wondering if any of you out there are finding the same or did you stop watching/listening at all?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Think this topic deserves a bit of a boost. When the whole thing went down I was disappointed. I understood, but was a bit disappointed especially with Matt leaving. I took a long while off and didn't watch any of their content or listen to podcasts or really anything. I loved listening to Ian, but the others just didn't grab me or pull my attention like Matt did with Ian. 

Recently I noticed they had another new guy (another lefty) and altho he is by no means Matt I have slowly started to gravitate back towards their youtube content and enjoyed a bit more of it. They seem to be getting back to their roots a little bit and at least in my view found a groove again. 

I haven't seen too much change in terms of how they operate and I can't say much in terms of their in store experience, but at least to me I am coming around on them again and am wondering if any of you out there are finding the same or did you stop watching/listening at all?

Something about the lefty's...

He's a good add.  I like how he doesn't swoon over new gear and gives an honest take on what he is swinging.  He reminds me of a scratch who would show up on the first tee with a TM R1 and shoot 68.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

They said nothing was changing about their in store experience. It was literally a business move for both sides. Club champion gets expanded into a new market since they weren’t in Canada and TXG gets money and they’ve been looking to expand outside of the Toronto area and now have two more locations. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Love Ian, and I think Mac is a good dude, but the chemistry between Matt and Ian is what drew me in and what I miss most.  It was like watching a sports game where the two announcers are just perfectly in-sync and play off each other seamlessly (Summerall and Madden).  

I still watch TXG content from time to time, but it isn't appointment viewing like it used to be for me.

I think having been fit at True Spec and having a full set of fully fitted clubs plays into my lesser appetite for their content as well.  In a few years when I am preparing for my next full bag fitting, I am sure I will dive back in to get back up to speed on the latest and greatest

12 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They said nothing was changing about their in store experience. It was literally a business move for both sides. Club champion gets expanded into a new market since they weren’t in Canada and TXG gets money and they’ve been looking to expand outside of the Toronto area and now have two more locations. 

To be fair it's easy to say nothing would change and I'm glad if it didn't overall, but it was still a big change as a business and never know what outside influences can impact the experience. Even something as simple as Matt not being there can change the vibe.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

am wondering if any of you out there are finding the same or did you stop watching/listening at all?

I haven’t watch their content as much as I did in the past.  I still check for new content but don’t find that much interesting.   My new favorite channel is @McGolf, laid back general golf talk and club repair stuff….plus he is a forum member!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I haven’t watch their content as much as I did in the past.  I still check for new content but don’t find that much interesting.   My new favorite channel is @McGolf, laid back general golf talk and club repair stuff….plus he is a forum member!

+1 here as well...

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

45 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Something about the lefty's...

He's a good add.  I like how he doesn't swoon over new gear and gives an honest take on what he is swinging.  He reminds me of a scratch who would show up on the first tee with a TM R1 and shoot 68.

I hate those guys 🙂

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Jim....does a great job on his channel.  It would have been great to sit arund the fire pit and talk equipment wiht him! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

To be fair it's easy to say nothing would change and I'm glad if it didn't overall, but it was still a big change as a business and never know what outside influences can impact the experience. Even something as simple as Matt not being there can change the vibe.

Matt wasn’t really a part of their in store experiences. He was their content person and unless they were filming a fitting for one of the clients he had no involvement in that part. 

Obviously it had an impact on the content part with Matt not wanting to be a part of whatever the new rules were around content creation.

But that’s more of an added bonus, outside aspect of what the core business is.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

41 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I’ve been watching a ton of his stuff recently 

24 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I hate those guys 🙂

Jim....does a great job on his channel.  It would have been great to sit arund the fire pit and talk equipment wiht him! 

Hahaha you just like to talk equipment. I really want to go do a fitting with Jim especially after talking to him as much as we did.

Any word on what Matt is doing? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

as someone who’s had a very bad experience at cc, this is too bad. I had high hopes that txg would expand to at least the major markets in the usa and pressure club champion to get better. I guess it’s just easier to buy the competition and continue current practices.

Edited by ryan.mzzz

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability

4 hours ago, jlukes said:

Love Ian, and I think Mac is a good dude, but the chemistry between Matt and Ian is what drew me in and what I miss most.  It was like watching a sports game where the two announcers are just perfectly in-sync and play off each other seamlessly (Summerall and Madden).  

I still watch TXG content from time to time, but it isn't appointment viewing like it used to be for me.

I think having been fit at True Spec and having a full set of fully fitted clubs plays into my lesser appetite for their content as well.  In a few years when I am preparing for my next full bag fitting, I am sure I will dive back in to get back up to speed on the latest and greatest

I have to agree.  Ian and Matt were a pleasure to watch and listen too outside of even the equipment they were reviewing.  It was all very real and two friends talking about golf and equipment passionately.  For me it really was appointment viewing too.  Much like Monday Night Football, I was excited to watch their latest video when they came out, even if I wasn't really interested in the product they were talking about.

I kept on watching TXG videos after the split and merger and really didn't like the production value of it so stopped for a while.  The last few videos have been better, and it seems like they're figuring out the production end of it again.

Hopefully it keeps up because Ian really is an expert in his field that does a great job of communicating complex topics well for a lot of people.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

22 hours ago, Everardo said:

Thx. I watched a couple of his videos but they're not up to the quality and content of  Ian/Matt combo. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Thx. I watched a couple of his videos but they're not up to the quality and content of  Ian/Matt combo. 

It’s sad. When the split occurred, I was so disgusted with TXG, not at their business decision, but that the business decision did not include carving out a role that Matt was happy with. I haven’t watch a single txg video since. The unfortunate thing is that I want to watch Matt’s channel, but goodness, his channel is quite unwatchable as he neither informed enough nor charismatic enough to cut it on his own. I miss Ian and Matty… those two got me through the pandemic. 

Btw, how are txg’s youtube sub numbers/growth compared to pre merger?

Like everyone else, I loved the old TXG YT channel with Ian and Matt.  Since Matt left, I haven't watched many videos.  Still subscribe to the TXG YT channel but never really find anything worth watching now.

default_callaway-small.jpg.419e1440f5daecba61eb0ba5ea26c6dc.jpg Paradym  9* GD Tour AD IZ 6x

default_callaway-small.jpg.419e1440f5daecba61eb0ba5ea26c6dc.jpg Paradym  3W GD Tour AD IZ 7s

default_callaway-small.jpg.419e1440f5daecba61eb0ba5ea26c6dc.jpg Paradym  5W HZrdus Red 6S 

default_srixon-small.jpg.b5a36c08f761fe837297189b18ed017d.jpg ZX5 4-5 Project X 6.0

default_srixon-small.jpg.b5a36c08f761fe837297189b18ed017d.jpg ZX7 6-PW Project X 6.0

default_taylormade-small.jpg.1b73274841551e76949cc65c63dba7eb.jpg MG4 48* Bent to 50*

default_taylormade-small.jpg.1b73274841551e76949cc65c63dba7eb.jpg MG2 TW Grind 56*

default_titelist-small.jpg.55af804348921dd22fb386a4ce39b299.jpg Vokey SM9 60* K Grind

default_odyssey-small.jpg.0a8151a3dfa7d15b833b2d6859543cb8.jpg AI-One Cruiser Jailbird

default_titelist-small.jpg.55af804348921dd22fb386a4ce39b299.jpg Pro V1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The full merger announced yesterday that TXG will become Club Champion Canada. 

New branding, new name but same content. 

I've tried to get back into their videos and enjoy Mikey and Ian together vs others they had before. Still miss Matt, but seems like they have much grander plans for golf fitting worldwide.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I've tried to get back into their videos and enjoy Mikey and Ian together vs others they had before. Still miss Matt, but seems like they have much grander plans for golf fitting worldwide.

Any word on what Matt is doing these days? I do miss that combo of Ian and Matt. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

28 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Any word on what Matt is doing these days? I do miss that combo of Ian and Matt. 

Yeah he is doing the preserve and such. You can follow him on IG and his progress with golf and mental health foundation. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 8/18/2022 at 6:35 AM, ryan.mzzz said:

as someone who’s had a very bad experience at cc, this is too bad. I had high hopes that txg would expand to at least the major markets in the usa and pressure club champion to get better. I guess it’s just easier to buy the competition and continue current practices.

I canceled a fitting at CC a while back as a result of doing some additional research and I had hoped the same thing. I like what CC is trying to do but it doesn't seem like they are very good at the execution and it seems like TXG was good at both.  

Driver      PingLogo.png.a251f81c845ada3af20f32f8b6a253b0.png      G400 Max 10.5 - Project X Even Flow Riptide CB 70g 6.5 Extra Stiff
Fairway  Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png             4W         949X - Project X Mid Launch 6.0 Stiff
Hybrid     PingLogo.png.a251f81c845ada3af20f32f8b6a253b0.png    3H         G Hybrid - Alta 70 Stiff
Irons     Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png             4U         699 Pro Utility - Project X 6.0 Stiff
                Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png              5-PW    639CB Forged Black - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
Wedges  Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png            AW       50 JB Forged Wedge Black - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
                              Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png            SW       54 TAIII 54LB - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
                Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png                 LW       60 JB Forged Satin Wedge - Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 Steel
Putter    368532612_LABGolf.jpg.e21b53ae4c47d5f3cfc2622cc66b2f4e.jpg              L.A.B     DF2.1
Ball        BridgestoneBlackLogo-SmallCropped.jpg.72110691d0627f2c80b847b41fec7f06.jpg             Bridgestone Tour B XS or Tour B X
Bag     PingLogo.png.a251f81c845ada3af20f32f8b6a253b0.png    2022 Hoofer Lite in Grey
Shoes   SqairzLogo.jpg.b72c9f55f7b63f0f5f6b531422f8e6ab.jpg  Speed Bold in Black
Glove   RedRoosterLogo.png.8ab7e5022e0052c04f2a8a208b191ceb.png

• 2 weeks later...

There is a tangible difference since switching to Club Champion. I am not sure what it is but is feels way more mechanical. Not near as much of a "must watch".. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

1 hour ago, Quigleyd said:

There is a tangible difference since switching to Club Champion. I am not sure what it is but is feels way more mechanical. Not near as much of a "must watch".. 

I enjoy Mikey and Ian together. They work well and you can tell Mikey is feeling more comfortable in front of the camera making it a lot more enjoyable to watch... For me.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 8/1/2023 at 12:05 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

What is TXG

committed to performance excellence

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I enjoy Mikey and Ian together. They work well and you can tell Mikey is feeling more comfortable in front of the camera making it a lot more enjoyable to watch... For me.

Came here to say the same exact.  I forgot who the other guy was who didn't have an off-switch but I am glad to see Mikey settle into his role.  He complements Ian well.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

11 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Came here to say the same exact.  I forgot who the other guy was who didn't have an off-switch but I am glad to see Mikey settle into his role.  He complements Ian well.

Probably Ryan Barrath (spelling0. He is over at Golf.com now. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

9 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Probably Ryan Barrath (spelling0. He is over at Golf.com now. 

Yup that's the guy.  I wish him well and hope he finds his groove.

• Srixon Z-Star XV