Club Champion to purchase TXG

cnosil

It looks like TXG will be pushing upgraded shafts from now on just like Club Champions. Too bad. I guess I can unsubscribe from TXG now. 

• Like 1

Ken

Shot 72 once.

1 hour ago, Kenms said:

It looks like TXG will be pushing upgraded shafts from now on just like Club Champions. Too bad. I guess I can unsubscribe from TXG now. 

They always pushed upgraded shafts. 

• Like 4

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Hopefully, between Ryan Barath and Mike Martyseiwicz they'll still have some good videos. I really enjoy listening to them on the Build Shop podcast. 

@jlukes

Something about Ryan that just doesn't do it for me. I don't dislike him per se, but I honestly don't really like him either. Maybe it's because I feel he talks more about himself than most of the topics. He's ok but just doesn't move the needle enough. 

Either way, I bet he didn't plan on leaving GolfWRX to go work for Club Champion. 

• Like 3

My bag is a revolving door!

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They always pushed upgraded shafts. 

TXG didn't get to where they were by selling stock shafts either... 

• Like 1

My bag is a revolving door!

8 hours ago, PerdyGolf said:

Wow … didn’t expect this…congrats to Ian… I think? From a business perspective This is great news but so different in terms of consumer connection.. TXGs social media (YouTube)foot print is the real prize here for club champion because while they have tried there attempt at what TXG does has fell miles short… the connection is key hopefully that’s not lost… and hopefully Matt can continue and there aren’t new restrictions for him and his marketing company given Club Champions existing marketing plan.

Good point about the carrot in this deal for CC.  I'm now seeing more TrueSpec YT videos on fitting and club assessments, and their effort to capture some of this popular marketing space.  I wonder if TXG was courted by them as well?  TS did acquire Fairway Jockey a year or so ago and maybe didn't have the financial bandwidth... presuming they were even interested.

5 hours ago, jlukes said:

Cobra Connect 5 flopping and now this TXG News have really put a dent in my love for interacting on internet golf forums

The CCC5 just fell victim to the pandemic fallout and we see golf industry acquisitions pretty often.  There is still lots of meat on the bone.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

TXG is relevant because of their YouTube following, not sure Club Champion buying their two club fitting locations is significant - except to Mike and Ian's pocketbooks.  Will they be able to continue the videos? and if so, will it be under the same name?!?

I don't really see an upside for Club Champion.  What am I missing here?

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: SIM2 Max Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3hybrid
:taylormade-small: M6 irons (4-GW)
:mizuno-small: MP-T7 wedges
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:Snell: "MTB-X" Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 3.5+ Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder

image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy

11 hours ago, jlukes said:

Traded some DMs with Ian. Nothing is changing and TXG will continue to use Foresight and Quintic

For now. Every merger/buyout/partnership starts by saying this to save face/avoid or headache during the change. But when renewals for equipment and software are due, changes and linking systems are inevitable

• Like 4

Not sure how many details will actually be shared in their video update, but I'm more than willing to give Ian & company a fair shake that the channel and company will hold true to its values and commitment to teaching the common golfer. Really bummed to see Matt go, but business gets messy sometimes and I hope this is the best route for him.

No insider info from me, so I'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, and not jump to any rash or judgemental conclusions on what is best for other folks and their families.

• Like 6

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

Obviously the relative financial scale wouldn’t have allowed it (without lots of leverage), but had TXG bought out Club Champion I’d be encouraged. The other way around, not so much. I used to think about going to TXG for a fitting, no interest now - not a CC fan after a driver fitting there. YMMV

Ian and Matt made a good team, an unfortunate casualty, and a sad instagram. Wish them both all the best.

• Like 4
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

We'll have to see what Ian's role will be moving forward but I also would have been more optimistic if the buy out was the other direction.

• Like 1

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

10 hours ago, Peejer said:

TXG is relevant because of their YouTube following, not sure Club Champion buying their two club fitting locations is significant - except to Mike and Ian's pocketbooks.  Will they be able to continue the videos? and if so, will it be under the same name?!?

I don't really see an upside for Club Champion.  What am I missing here?

If CC doesn’t have any Canadian locations this now give them that market.

9 hours ago, Seymour Butts said:

Pretty sure this was done so the majority shareholder could get out. The YT channel was successful very much because of Matt's work. The shop, not so much.

Not sure if you have tried but they are fully booked for 3 months and that’s only growing in time. Before you could get in with Ian somewhat easily and at same price as the listed fitting. Ian costs a lot more now to be fit with and is also fully booked our months in advance.

Their sales have also been very good and even more so once they started offering online fitting along with online orders. 

• Like 6

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

It's disappointing news for many of us TXG followers and maybe even more so for those who have had CC fittings that didn't pan out as expected. Wishing Ian, Matt, and the team all the best as things progress.

• Like 3
  • Taylormade SIM2 8° Fujikura Ventus Blue with VeloCore 6-R
  • TaylorMade M5 15° Project X HZRDUS Red 75 6.0 or Srixon ZX 16° KBS Tour Prototype 85 R
  • Callaway Big Bertha 19° KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
  • Srixon 4-AW Nippon Modus 3 105 R
  • Cleveland ZipCore 54° Mid and 58° Mid DG Spinner
  • Sub70 Mid-Mallet Sycamore 002 34.5"
  • Titleist Pro V1x
  • Arccos Gen 3 sensors

17 hours ago, Kenms said:

Nothing wrong with upgraded shafts. The difference between TXG and CC appeared to be the relative technical expertise. While some experienced CC fitters are undoubtedly great, some are novices following a script that does NOT necessarily result in a worthwhile recommendation - and the cost is the same. Unfortunately many customers can’t differentiate in advance, I was a hapless victim…

MGSs article showed only 1 in 4 here who had been fitted at CC would recommend CC to a friend or colleague. https://mygolfspy.com/2021-driver-satisfaction-survey-results/

• Like 3
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

18 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Whoa. That's.... wow. 

EDIT: Just read his Instagram statement. Very telling. 

"The level of creative freedom I enjoyed at TXG is very rare in the media industry..."

Doesn't take a Harvard grad to realize they were either going to put him in a box or squash him.  

Good news is, guys like him will flourish elsewhere and it'll be worth following.

• Like 9
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5 / Testing Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Official 1/12 testers for 2022 L.A.B. Golf Putters

Western, NY

5.8 Index

10 hours ago, Seymour Butts said:

Pretty sure this was done so the majority shareholder could get out. The YT channel was successful very much because of Matt's work. The shop, not so much.

Interesting fist post take 🤔

• Like 4
  • Love 1

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

TXG without Matty Boi is depressing. Matt and Ian did amazing reviews, and as a consistent viewer you could read between the lines when they really liked something or it was just a fluff piece. When Matt was out TXGs videos were awful. Those two were the best YouTube reviews hands down. Far better than Rick and James and all the others. Truly a sad day for equipment junkies. 

I can only hope this means club champion stops sucking at fittings. Get the quad and Quintic in all their locations and some competent fitters. All the more likely is that Ian got a payday and TXG will slowly fade into memory. Good for him and his growing family!

• Like 6

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter