Club Champion to purchase TXG

cnosil

41 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I haven’t watch their content as much as I did in the past.  I still check for new content but don’t find that much interesting.   My new favorite channel is @McGolf, laid back general golf talk and club repair stuff….plus he is a forum member!

I’ve been watching a ton of his stuff recently 

24 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I hate those guys 🙂

Jim....does a great job on his channel.  It would have been great to sit arund the fire pit and talk equipment wiht him! 

Hahaha you just like to talk equipment. I really want to go do a fitting with Jim especially after talking to him as much as we did.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Any word on what Matt is doing? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X  And Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

as someone who’s had a very bad experience at cc, this is too bad. I had high hopes that txg would expand to at least the major markets in the usa and pressure club champion to get better. I guess it’s just easier to buy the competition and continue current practices.

Edited by ryan.mzzz
  • Like 1

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King Speedzone
X{3|19} ______ Callaway XR
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex cf16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM7 
W{54|58} _____ Callaway MD Forged 
P ____________ SeeMore mFGP2

4 hours ago, jlukes said:

Love Ian, and I think Mac is a good dude, but the chemistry between Matt and Ian is what drew me in and what I miss most.  It was like watching a sports game where the two announcers are just perfectly in-sync and play off each other seamlessly (Summerall and Madden).  

I still watch TXG content from time to time, but it isn't appointment viewing like it used to be for me.

I think having been fit at True Spec and having a full set of fully fitted clubs plays into my lesser appetite for their content as well.  In a few years when I am preparing for my next full bag fitting, I am sure I will dive back in to get back up to speed on the latest and greatest

I have to agree.  Ian and Matt were a pleasure to watch and listen too outside of even the equipment they were reviewing.  It was all very real and two friends talking about golf and equipment passionately.  For me it really was appointment viewing too.  Much like Monday Night Football, I was excited to watch their latest video when they came out, even if I wasn't really interested in the product they were talking about.

I kept on watching TXG videos after the split and merger and really didn't like the production value of it so stopped for a while.  The last few videos have been better, and it seems like they're figuring out the production end of it again.

Hopefully it keeps up because Ian really is an expert in his field that does a great job of communicating complex topics well for a lot of people.  

• Like 4

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120X | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | :ping-small: Traverse | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

22 hours ago, Everardo said:

Thx. I watched a couple of his videos but they're not up to the quality and content of  Ian/Matt combo. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X  And Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Thx. I watched a couple of his videos but they're not up to the quality and content of  Ian/Matt combo. 

It’s sad. When the split occurred, I was so disgusted with TXG, not at their business decision, but that the business decision did not include carving out a role that Matt was happy with. I haven’t watch a single txg video since. The unfortunate thing is that I want to watch Matt’s channel, but goodness, his channel is quite unwatchable as he neither informed enough nor charismatic enough to cut it on his own. I miss Ian and Matty… those two got me through the pandemic. 

Btw, how are txg’s youtube sub numbers/growth compared to pre merger?

• Like 2

Like everyone else, I loved the old TXG YT channel with Ian and Matt.  Since Matt left, I haven't watched many videos.  Still subscribe to the TXG YT channel but never really find anything worth watching now.

• Like 1

default_callaway-small.jpg Epic Flash SZ 9* Hzrdus Smoke Black 70X

default_callaway-small.jpg Epic Flash SZ 3W Tensei Blue 75S

default_callaway-small.jpg Mavrik 5W Rouge White 70S

:srixon-small: ZX5 4-PW Project X 6.0

default_titelist-small.jpg Vokey SM8 48* F Grind

default_titelist-small.jpg Vokey SM8 54* F Grind

default_titelist-small.jpg Vokey SM8 58* M Grind

:taylormade-small: Spider X Navy Small Slant 34in

default_titelist-small.jpg Pro V1

• 3 months later...