Jump to content

Worst golf commercial ever


Recommended Posts

I didn't think it could get any worse than the PXG commercials, but the new TaylorMade CBX commercial with the auto-tuned hairball singing the "chunk a little less" jingle makes me thankful that I no longer have any TaylorMade equipment in my bag. Lamest thing I've ever seen. 

  • Like 2

😧 Wilson Triton

3w: PXG 341

5W: Cleveland launcher 

3H: Wilson Deep Red

5-GW: PXG 0211

SW LW: Mizuno MP T5

P: Scott Cameron Newport

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Riverboat said:

singing the "chunk a little less"

 

8 minutes ago, Riverboat said:

I didn't think it could get any worse than the PXG commercials, but the new TaylorMade CBX commercial with the auto-tuned hairball singing the "chunk a little less" jingle makes me thankful that I no longer have any TaylorMade equipment in my bag. Lamest thing I've ever seen. 

 

... I had to look it up. Maybe change your name to "Get Off My Lawn"?  🤣  It is Cleveland, not Taylor Made. Not my thing and not aimed at me at near 70 but I see nothing obnoxious about the commercial meant for a younger audience.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-MT SR 
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 5-Pw Forged Tec/4i FTx ... KBS TGi 85S
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

Link to comment
23 minutes ago, chisag said:

 

 

... I had to look it up. Maybe change your name to "Get Off My Lawn"?  🤣  It is Cleveland, not Taylor Made. Not my thing and not aimed at me at near 70 but I see nothing obnoxious about the commercial meant for a younger audience.  

Oops, it is cleveland. Commercial was so bad I didn't even get the brand right. I would be shocked if this appeals to younger golfers. Seems exactly like something a bunch of old fart advertising people would think would appeal to younger players. 

  • Haha 2

😧 Wilson Triton

3w: PXG 341

5W: Cleveland launcher 

3H: Wilson Deep Red

5-GW: PXG 0211

SW LW: Mizuno MP T5

P: Scott Cameron Newport

Link to comment

Worst golf commercial for me is the S7K Stand Alone Putter.  I'm sorry Art (guy in commercial with a 0 handicap), but a scratch golfer doesn't "struggle with alignment".  Lame.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment

I looked up the CBX commercial and while not my thing it wasn't that bad.   Some of the old informercial ads are pretty bad....thinking about the hammer!

  • Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment

@Riverboat i agree! Absolute trash commercial. Im 35 FTR. But some of PXG ones make me chuckle sweet heart.

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

Link to comment
16 hours ago, chisag said:

 

 

... I had to look it up. Maybe change your name to "Get Off My Lawn"?  🤣  

Uh, taken @chisag!  

And you all did see Golf Digest ran a commercial during the NCAAF championship last night pushing the Hot List, right?  Maybe not a "bad" commercial, but I'm less than impressed with the product to say the least...

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

Link to comment

While the commercial is bad, the guy (Jake Hutt) is a solid follow on Instagram.  He has a pretty good following there and his tips are catchy and easily understood.  As for worst commercial, anything on Golf Channel after about midnight is pretty bad. 

  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

Link to comment

That commercial is nowhere near the level of sheer trash that PXG has been foisting on everyone. 

I hate winter. It’s the only time a thread like this can actually pass as readable content here. 

  • Like 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:wilson_staff_small: D200 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Uh, taken @chisag!  

 

... LOL sorry maybe: "getthehe!!offmylawn"? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-MT SR 
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 5-Pw Forged Tec/4i FTx ... KBS TGi 85S
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

BOOOOM BABYYYYY!

 

... Yup, it's one thing to not like the music or the style of a commercial but it's another level when everyone finds the delivery obnoxious. The Hammer comes to mind. For me the PXG commercials conjure up visions of too many beers and hearing this group from 2 holes away, driving carts next to greens and tees, music waaaaaay too loud and just an overall disrespect for others on the course. What makes it such a head scratcher is the quality of the equipment that is the complete opposite of the lowest common denominator commercial. Bob Parsons may be a self admitted redneck but he ain't dumb so I have to wonder if his research and commercial testing show these types of commercials will bring in the kind of clients that would not normally be attracted to high end equipment while not alienating the player that just wants the best equipment and can ignore the commercials? Maybe, but all I know is I can't hit the FF button quick enough as soon as I hear that amazingly annoying voice screaming at me. 

  • Like 5

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-MT SR 
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 5-Pw Forged Tec/4i FTx ... KBS TGi 85S
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

Link to comment
2 hours ago, den748 said:

While the commercial is bad, the guy (Jake Hutt) is a solid follow on Instagram.  He has a pretty good following there and his tips are catchy and easily understood.  As for worst commercial, anything on Golf Channel after about midnight is pretty bad. 

He's lost all credibility with this vacuous bit of garbage (and his refugee from the cover of a bad romance novel hairstyle doesn't help). 

Sorry, haven't been able to play in about a month with an injury. I think my frustration is manifesting in non-productive ways. 

  • Like 1

😧 Wilson Triton

3w: PXG 341

5W: Cleveland launcher 

3H: Wilson Deep Red

5-GW: PXG 0211

SW LW: Mizuno MP T5

P: Scott Cameron Newport

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, chisag said:

 

... Yup, it's one thing to not like the music or the style of a commercial but it's another level when everyone finds the delivery obnoxious. The Hammer comes to mind. For me the PXG commercials conjure up visions of too many beers and hearing this group from 2 holes away, driving carts next to greens and tees, music waaaaaay too loud and just an overall disrespect for others on the course. What makes it such a head scratcher is the quality of the equipment that is the complete opposite of the lowest common denominator commercial. Bob Parsons may be a self admitted redneck but he ain't dumb so I have to wonder if his research and commercial testing show these types of commercials will bring in the kind of clients that would not normally be attracted to high end equipment while not alienating the player that just wants the best equipment and can ignore the commercials? Maybe, but all I know is I can't hit the FF button quick enough as soon as I hear that amazingly annoying voice screaming at me. 

Agree with your entire comment. Annoying as hell but I love my new PXG irons. 

  • Like 1

😧 Wilson Triton

3w: PXG 341

5W: Cleveland launcher 

3H: Wilson Deep Red

5-GW: PXG 0211

SW LW: Mizuno MP T5

P: Scott Cameron Newport

Link to comment

Wow, just checked out this guy's videos. He does crap music like this for all his tips. He reminds me of a really bad middle school teacher trying to be cool for his adolescent students. I couldn't possibly take him seriously. 

😧 Wilson Triton

3w: PXG 341

5W: Cleveland launcher 

3H: Wilson Deep Red

5-GW: PXG 0211

SW LW: Mizuno MP T5

P: Scott Cameron Newport

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Riverboat said:

Wow, just checked out this guy's videos. He does crap music like this for all his tips. He reminds me of a really bad middle school teacher trying to be cool for his adolescent students. I couldn't possibly take him seriously. 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:wilson_staff_small: D200 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Riverboat said:

and his refugee from the cover of a bad romance novel hairstyle doesn't help). 

I needed this LOL moment.  I can totally see him not being for everyone, some of this songs have helped me though so I can deal with tunes. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

Link to comment

@jlukesI know Joe’s favorite was the Omega or Rolex commercial that had a song! 😂😂😂

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Link to comment
On 1/11/2022 at 2:17 PM, den748 said:

I needed this LOL moment.  I can totally see him not being for everyone, some of this songs have helped me though so I can deal with tunes. 

 

... Having grown up in the 60's and the conservative old farts of that generation hated our frayed pants, wearing a baseball hat backwards and really hated our long hair and Oh My Gawd the Rock 'n Roll... I vowed when I got older I would never judge any generation for their fashion choices or their music. 

  • Like 3

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-MT SR 
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 5-Pw Forged Tec/4i FTx ... KBS TGi 85S
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...