Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

PING i525

fixyurdivot

I know they exist because I saw one at a PING Demo yesterday.  After hitting the i59, I asked about the one with the black neoprene cover. "Oh, that one is not available to test hit"... color me intrigued 🤔. He pulled the cover and it was an i525.  I had not heard about this one... you?  I now see it has been outed on GolfWRX and FB  (how do they keep getting the jump on us? 😄). He said it was a different construction (aluma-core) and face material from the i500 producing more distance with improved feel and sound.  I asked if I could take a picture and he said no, but thank you for asking.  They've added a little contrasting surface to the backside which, I think, looks great. They are scheduled for public consumption in April and quickly found a top spot on my "most want to try" list.

If you find any further details on this offering, please share.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I am also interested in this. Very curious to see what a i525/i59 combo might look like, although if they are also using aluma-core on the i525 I'm guessing it will be priced like the i59 which would be a bummer.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

31 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

I am also interested in this. Very curious to see what a i525/i59 combo might look like, although if they are also using aluma-core on the i525 I'm guessing it will be priced like the i59 which would be a bummer.

Oh yeah, that combo did not immediately come to mind but sounds great on paper.

I got to see the I525 in November.  It is still under Embargo. MGS respects those more than some.   

More info to come in March.  But I will let you rest at a bit of ease. It’s not priced the same as the I59.  It will be more in line with other player distance irons.  Think p790, Apex etc. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I’ve heard about the i525 last year. May have mentioned it in a thread on here and being intrigued by it.

Saw info about it on wrx last year and was disappointed it got pushed til this spring. 

I210 was the first iron since i20 from Ping that really caught my attention and loved being selected to review it and it’s one of the icons from Ping. Can’t wait to see what Ping does for i525 and a potential i530

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

There's a good bit of information floating around now; I won't re-post what I have seen but looks very similar to the i500 which IMO is a great thing. No alumicore which I would guess is why pricing is lower than the i59. I think there was pretty widespread feedback that the sound/feel needed tweaks so I would expect the new goo/foam/air combo to be a big improvement and if it is, Ping will have another hit product.

Going to be hard for me to not go with a full set of the 223s which seem to be a bit more forgiving in the long irons than T100/i59 and don't need to be combo'ed since they basically already are a combo set, but as I am a huge Ping fan a 4-5 i525 / 6-W i59 combo is tempting...I have a fitting set for Feb and then will be ordering something after overanalyzing everything on the market for the last 8 months lol

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

When the Ping rep would come into the store no cameras were allowed when he gave the fitters a preview of what was to come. I have the i500's, but probably wouldn't trade them for a few more years...too good!

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

On 1/14/2022 at 12:42 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I got to see the I525 in November.  It is still under Embargo. MGS respects those more than some.   

More info to come in March.  But I will let you rest at a bit of ease. It’s not priced the same as the I59.  It will be more in line with other player distance irons.  Think p790, Apex etc. 

I wanted to transition from my i-blades to i-500 but they were discontinued. I have been waiting eagerly for the new news.....The i59's are too expensive (not even demo them) & I have been recently trying the TM 2021-P790's which are a great club...but my heart still lies with PING...... Waiting desperately for April.

Not going to post the link but a popular golf publication has the 525 posted on their 2022 hot list website if anyone wants to check it out. Based on these pics and the commentary, it seems slightly smaller heel-toe vs. i500, with a thicker but more beveled sole. Almost like a cross between the i500 and i210, but with i59 grooves. Me likey. 

53 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

Not going to post the link but a popular golf publication has the 525 posted on their 2022 hot list website if anyone wants to check it out. Based on these pics and the commentary, it seems slightly smaller heel-toe vs. i500, with a thicker but more beveled sole. Almost like a cross between the i500 and i210, but with i59 grooves. Me likey. 

Pics have been on another forum for a week or so. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

On 1/13/2022 at 7:42 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Our favorite hot list company just spilled the beans on these, the D9 forged, and some other goodies in their annual list.   The fact that you've seen these and have known about them with out saying a word just confirms once again you are the most interesting man in golf 🤣

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

14 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Our favorite hot list company just spilled the beans on these, the D9 forged, and some other goodies in their annual list.   The fact that you've seen these and have known about them with out saying a word just confirms once again you are the most interesting man in golf 🤣

LOL..Most interesting ha...or maybe just a stupid Embargo nerd 🤪

I said elsewhere, my guess on GD being able to put that info out, is it was required in order to be included in the Hot List testing.  So I guess no OEM is going to miss out on the opporutnity to be included in that widely read and publcised testing.  Even though we all know it's just advertising suppliment more than anything.

39 minutes ago, Amsterdam said:

Full details of the i525 is now on the Japanese website https://clubping.jp/product/product2022_i525.html

Good pull, and honestly, using Google translate to be able to read the details somehow makes the fluff less fluffy. 

I do like how it is now a "flying system" instead of a golf club. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I read that Cameron Champ put 2 i525 long irons (3-4) in the bag recently. Sounds like he was reaching high 170s ball speed off of the 3 iron. Pretty crazy!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

On 1/13/2022 at 1:41 PM, hartrick11 said:

I've been gaming a iBlade (PW-7) / i500 (4-6) mixed set for a couple of seasons, has worked out very well  - this would be a beautiful upgrade 

WITB - Ping G400 LST - HZRZ 6.0

3W - Ping G400 - Ping Tour 75

3h - Ping G410 - Evenflow 6.0

4,5 irons - Ping i500

6-PW - Ping iBlade

52,56 & 60 - Ping Glide Forged

Putter(s) - a few

I have hit the I-525's and I will tell you they are every bit as good as advertised.  I picked up almost 9 yards of carry with these vs my PXG Gen 3 irons.  They have a nice click when you make contact and the ball really catapults off the face with a smooth almost buttery sensation.  My mishits only lost about 5 to 7 yards and so forgiveness is extremely high.  I compared them to the Taylormade P790's, which I like a lot, but the Pings gave me better numbers overall.  I used the Recoil ES Smackwrap 780 regular flex in both irons so that my comparisons would be as accurate as possible.

Hope this helps those of you who are curious about them.

Regards

10 hours ago, Dorsey said:

I have hit the I-525's and I will tell you they are every bit as good as advertised.  I picked up almost 9 yards of carry with these vs my PXG Gen 3 irons.  They have a nice click when you make contact and the ball really catapults off the face with a smooth almost buttery sensation.  My mishits only lost about 5 to 7 yards and so forgiveness is extremely high.  I compared them to the Taylormade P790's, which I like a lot, but the Pings gave me better numbers overall.  I used the Recoil ES Smackwrap 780 regular flex in both irons so that my comparisons would be as accurate as possible.

Hope this helps those of you who are curious about them.

Regards

What are your launch and spin numbers with the pxg and what were they with the i525?

Whats your ball speed for the pxg and i525b

Which model pxg are you gaming?

Well well well..

so I took my clubs in to “Forward” (previously Bunker golf) for a tune up and went thru an interesting new process the owner (Chad Dietz) has set up. With the same head on about 20 shafts, we went thru each one for 3 shots. Things like different grip thickness, different lengths, different stiffnesses, etc, and we looked at all the shot data as well as face contact points, and it was very interesting… 

this wasn’t a deep dive, as I really only came in to check where my lie should be. I’ve always thought it was standard, where it turns out I like 3° down (still had a baby draw working)much better. So he is getting them all dialed in now.

so for reference I hit a few different clubs like a rogue pro, etc, and then he said let’s try this one, the i59… he said he really liked it. So, I hit it with a few different shafts, but just wasn’t getting a good carry(135), too high (30) with too much spin. (6700) but it felt wonderful. So he said well darn, this head just isn’t a fit for you.

(good part alert)

so he reaches into his secret drawer, and pulls out a different head, and says, would you care to be the first to hit this? So he hands it to me and it says i525… I said sure! So he slaps it on a reg flex graphite shaft as I’m right in between apparently, as I continue getting older and weaker.

now as we’ve gone down the line, my yardages have been creeping up to 145ish on the carry (7-iron) So, I let er rip and it carries 155, went 28 yards high, came down at 47°(I think if I remember correctly), at 5500 rpm.

so longer, higher, close to same spin, and stops on a dime. Oh, and felt really really good.

needless to say I was very impressed… He said he thought the new pings were the best clubs available right now…

but he did say he was very impressed with the Hogans, and he wanted me to play a few rounds with the new flatter bends and report back to him.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

8 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

I’ve always thought it was standard, where it turns out I like 3° down (still had a baby draw working)much better. So he is getting them all dialed in now.

There’s no standard for lie and 3 down is going to vary based on what the lie is for any manufacturer. So you are 3 down for your current set. You would need to check the stock lie angle for any set you order to see if you need 3 down or something different but if this guy is going to fit you then it sounds like he will have that covered 

10 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

With the same head on about 20 shafts, we went thru each one for 3 shots. Things like different grip thickness, different lengths, different stiffnesses, etc, and we looked at all the shot data as well as face contact points, and it was very interesting… 

That sounds like a great thing to do.  Would love to find a place that would allow you to test different grip size and shaft lengths 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Wowzza... $220/arrow with stock graphite shaft offerings 😲.  The great news for me is that the Recoil 780's were runner up to the MMT80's.  So, if the ZX5's start acting up, their should be some nice used sticks with the right shaft out there on the market. 

https://mygolfspy.com/ping-i525-irons/

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Wowzza... $220/arrow with stock graphite shaft offerings 😲.  The great news for me is that the Recoil 780's were runner up to the MMT80's.  So, if the ZX5's start acting up, their should be some nice used sticks with the right shaft out there on the market. 

That’s a pretty standard price for graphite and in some cases it’s on the low end. Iirc titleist charges $71/club for the steelfiber. For recoil 95 they used to charge $34, not sure if that went up this year.

Taylomade charges $28 for the lighter mmt shafts and usually $50 for all other graphite.

Surprised the official thread on these hasn’t been posted. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

That’s a pretty standard price for graphite and in some cases it’s on the low end. Iirc titleist charges $71/club for the steelfiber. For recoil 95 they used to charge $34, not sure if that went up this year.

Taylomade charges $28 for the lighter mmt shafts and usually $50 for all other graphite.

It's been known that PING (and many other OEM's) were raising list prices, but this is more than I expected. 

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

It's been known that PING (and many other OEM's) were raising list prices, but this is more than I expected. 

Not sure how it could be unexpected when on page 1 @Golfspy_CG2posted they will be priced like p790 and apex but not as high as i59.

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

That's the Suggested Retail.  Price.  Actual selling Price at most locations will be the $1499 steel and $1599 graphite, for  a set of 8 irons.    So less than $200 a club for graphite and about $187.50 for steel.

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

Surprised the official thread on these hasn’t been posted. 

I haven't gottten the official press release.  The main page blog is up, but I didn't want to just copy and paste that.

24 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That's the Suggested Retail.  Price.  Actual selling Price at most locations will be the $1499 steel and $1599 graphite, for  a set of 8 irons.    So less than $200 a club for graphite and about $187.50 for steel.

That's a wee bit better.  In the grand scheme of things, for folks that really love the game and spend the coin for fittings and improving their games, it's not a huge deal but I suspect it might move others towards lower priced DTC options. Bottom-line is that we consumers are going to shoulder the burdens/losses from the pandemic.  Meanwhile, Bob Parson's is having fire sales 🤪.

I will definitely have to try an i525 3 and 4 iron.  They look really sweet. This could be another expensive year for new equipment! 🤣

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User