TESTERS WANTED! ×

No putts given?

First and foremost, I guess we need to give the new format a chance. My thoughts:

• (Regrettably) I lost interest in the best driver segment, needed to be edited by half (or scripted vs extemporaneous)? Off in the weeds a lot. I actually quit watching - then came back and FFWD to find the next topic a couple hours later.
  • The Mickelson segment was OK, but no new info. Time to move on, it’s a bore and embarrassment now.
  • I’m not surprised Harry is off, he didn’t talk as much and frankly didn’t look as interested when he was on. His comments were worthwhile, but I always had the sense NPG just took him away from testing.
  • Having the segment list on the (right side of) screen was a plus, add that back so we can see all the topics up front?
  • Miranda was a good add (as I noted earlier), that’s even clearer now.
  • Chris is technically good and I really like his writing. Like many, he’s a much better writer than speaker. He was my least favorite all along, now there are only two speakers…
  • Chris and Tony seemed to step on each other, compete for air time, some. 

But again, we need to give them a chance to find their footing. Might bloom, or it might fade away - TBD.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I stopped this one around 12 minutes in. My mind was wandering everywhere and I wasn't paying attention because there wasn't much to that point to keep me listening. If this is the new format going forward, I admit I most likely won't be listening anymore.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

19 minutes ago, Middler said:

First and foremost, I guess we need to give the new format a chance. My thoughts:

• I lost interest in the best driver segment, needed to be edited by half (or scripted vs extemporaneous)? Off in the weeds a lot.
  • The Mickelson segment was OK, but no new info. Time to move on, it’s a bore now.
  • I’m not surprised Harry is off, he didn’t talk as much and frankly didn’t look as interested when he was on.
  • Having the segment list on the (right side of) screen was a plus, add that back so we can see all the topics up front?
  • Miranda was a good add, that’s even clearer now.
  • Chris is technically good and I really like his writing. Like many, he’s a much better writer than speaker. He was my least favorite all along, now there are only two speakers…
  • Chris and Tony seemed to step on each other, compete for air time, some.

But again, we need to give them a chance to find their footing. Might bloom, or it might fade away - TBD.

Agree with a lot of your points.  
- I didn’t mind the driver segment as it was the most interesting.  Obviously since the release there were things that came up that should have been addressed, but based on comments the cottage has been in the can for a few weeks so the information is dated.

- Saudi League/Mickelson info was dated Simple’s because the information was recorded weeks ago.

- I did like having the topics on the screen too.  Hopefully the new video guy will add that type of stuff back into the edit

- Tony is a wealth of information and I am sure he could go very deep into the analytics of the testing but would lose the majority of the listeners if he did.  Always a fine line between too much and too little information but the explanation of how the results are determined is always informative.

- Chris’ articles are well written but I agree that he didn’t and doesn’t come across well in the NPG podcast.  

-  Doing speaking like this is hard and is definitely a skill that needs to be practiced.  Hopefully they get it back together.  I’m thinking they really need to figure out their identity; equipment testing and claim verification is the core of MGS; hope the guests and future conversation stays in this space.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

The new format is definitely not as good and some of this segments topics didn't help.  It must be quite a challenge finding topics, or kernels within topics, in the era of 24/7/365 media. Amanda definitely added a good contrast in personality and it will be interesting to see if they try and replace her with another host.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

The new format is definitely not as good and some of this segments topics didn't help.  It must be quite a challenge finding topics, or kernels within topics, in the era of 24/7/365 media. Amanda Miranda definitely added a good contrast in personality and it will be interesting to see if they try and replace her with another host.

FIFY

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 2.25.35 PM.png

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I think the new format will work better.  Mirana was a great person, but did not add anything to the podcast.  I did not care for the "morning zoo/first take" vibes of the old podcast and rarely listened or watched.

More equipment "nerd" stuff and more  industry-focused guests is a good choice and I am for once looking forward to listening,.

I agree that they need to focus the conversations a bit more - Chris can get a bit all over the place and Tony can go down a rabbit hole of information (which i dont actually mine).

I disagree. I think Miranda offered more than she got credit for, even though she doesnt know a ton about golf stuff. I like all 4 of them just fine, but LOVED the dynamic of the 4 together. Well have to see how this plays out…..🤞🤞🤞😞

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

3 hours ago, Tyler86 said:

I disagree. I think Miranda offered more than she got credit for, even though she doesnt know a ton about golf stuff. I like all 4 of them just fine, but LOVED the dynamic of the 4 together. Well have to see how this plays out…..🤞🤞🤞😞

Miranda definitely knew how to keep the show moving and get from topic to topic. She was an excellent moderator. 

They have a good bit of work to do that's for sure, but the knowledge and content is there just gotta sort out the presentation. 

It's probably worth deep diving successful podcast/hosts and taking notes to get back some the flow that Miranda brought to the party. 

• Ping G10 3 Wood, 15.5°
  • Cobra Baffler, 3 hybrid 
  • Mizuno MP-67, 3-PW
  • Ping Glide Forged Pro, 52° & 56°
  • Evnroll, ER2

I only watched or listened to the podcast 2-3 times and I thought Miranda was a huge asset to the show. The guys are like the ex-NFL player now doing color analysis on a game broadcast, they provide expertise, but can't carry a show. It's why guys like Jim Nance make a fortune, cause they can naturally carry a conversation and keep a broadcast moving.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

I agree with most of the feedback from other MGSers.

I hope may be Miranda or someone else can do the hosting duties.  

I think Harry was a fun member of NPG, I hope he will join it again as well….

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

I agree with much of the feedback. The comeback this week was a little rough.

This definitely needs a dedicated host and a little more segment structure. Why not give it a try with Bennett as host?

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W

That was awful.  I'll give NPG another shot but probably won't be tuning in after that.

• Driver-  Ping G410 Plus 9*
  • Fairway- Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3 Wood 16.5*
  • Hybrid- Tour Edge Hot Launch C521 19* & 22* 
  • Irons-PXG 0211 DC, 5-GW
  • Wedges-  Sub70 286 54* & Sub70 JB 58*
  • Putter- Ping Sigma G Tyne (Superstroke grip)
  • Ball- Snell MTB-X Maxfli Tour X
  • Grips- Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize
  • Bag- Ping Hoofer USA Edition 
  • Arccos 

Seems like the reception of the show wasn't taken lightly as there wasn't a new episode put out this week. 

• Ping G10 3 Wood, 15.5°
  • Mizuno MP-67, 3-PW
  • Evnroll, ER2

Struggled to get through the episode. Definitely not as good. Poor flow and topics were either beat to death or old news. Preferred when they didn't talk any tour stuff, particularly as they had previously said they didn't care about the tour. Really liked the prior format but if this is what the future holds they should just forget it. 

Although i don't know when, i do know there is another in the pipeline. 

I believe with any new format it will take time for them to find their stride and rhythm. 

I haven't listened to last weeks yet with all sorts of other things going on, but will likely try to catch up later this week.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I believe with any new format it will take time for them to find their stride and rhythm. 

I haven't listened to last weeks yet with all sorts of other things going on, but will likely try to catch up later this week.

Hopefully the guys put a little more effort into the next one.

• Driver-  Ping G410 Plus 9*
  • Fairway- Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3 Wood 16.5*
  • Hybrid- Tour Edge Hot Launch C521 19* & 22* 
  • Irons-PXG 0211 DC, 5-GW
  • Wedges-  Sub70 286 54* & Sub70 JB 58*
  • Putter- Ping Sigma G Tyne (Superstroke grip)
  • Ball- Snell MTB-X Maxfli Tour X
  • Grips- Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize
  • Bag- Ping Hoofer USA Edition 
  • Arccos 
2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

With so many podcasts these days it can seem easy but like anything you gotta practice and get in the reps to do it well. 

They have the content and knowledge to make a podcast that's valuable to the golf community, there's no doubt about that. I just hope they push through the start and solidify a schedule because like you said it's gunna take time to find their rhythm.

• Ping G10 3 Wood, 15.5°
  • Mizuno MP-67, 3-PW
  • Evnroll, ER2

With my job, I spend a lot of time in my car, and I do listen to podcasts.  However until I saw this thread, I did not know about 'No Putts Given'. I have started listening and have been enjoying it very much.

Edited by Paul Hedrick
  • Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

I have similar feedback to what has already been shared. I was a little disappointed in the new format, but I want to be fair and give it a few episodes.

I know this may not represent reality, but my perception was that this was done as an after-thought with little preparation. Not saying that is what actually happened, but that was my perception as a viewer.

I did have some follow-up questions on the change in how drivers are rated. How does this change previous years rankings? Being that the Ping G425 is now ranked as the most wanted driver, should it be viewed as the actual winner from the '21 Most Wanted testing as well since it was in that test pool? As this is just a shift in how you score various metrics, can't you apply this scoring calculation to previous tests? How would the Most Wanted Driver Shootout have been impacted by this new scoring formula? Will this new formula be used similarly for other tests (e.g. Irons, putters, balls, etc.)?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST 🔷🔷🔷 LS, 10.5* w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 6s
Woods: :taylormade-small: M2 Tour 3W HL/16.5* w/ Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 70g
Hybrids: :PXG: 0317 X GEN4 3H/19* w/ Aldila NV Green Hybrid NXT 85g
Irons: :PXG: GEN5 0311P 4-A w/ ProjectX LZ
Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 / :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50*, :titelist-small: Vokey SM9 56* & 60*
Putter: :scotty-small: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x
Bag: Sun Mountain C130