Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Better Waterproof Shoes

Smash

Where I live, we're playing in some pretty wet, soggy conditions by this time of the winter. I'm wearing the Puma Ignite PWRADAPT shoes ( https://www.cobragolf.com/pumagolf/ignite-pwradapt-caged-golf-shoes ). I really like these shoes. They are super comfortable and I feel great hitting the ball in these shoes. They are listed as waterproof in the description. Uh, yeah, not so much. My feet are soaked by the time I hit the turn.

As a fix to this problem, I bought a pair of the Footjoy Winter Golf Boots (https://www.footjoy.com/men/golf-shoes/winter-golf-boots/017SPE.html?dwvar_017SPE_color=56724&dwvar_017SPE_width=Medium#start=12 . I have dry feet in these but they aren't comfortable. Walking 18 holes in these is a no go . I don't know if it's just a foot shape issue or something but I can't imagine walking 6+ miles in these shoes. The ongoing blisters would be unbearable. The foot soreness/blisters would be bad enough that I would rather wear the Pumas and live with wet feet.  

Does anyone have a shoe recommendation for some shoes that are both waterproof for walking 18 holes and somewhat comfortable? 

Driver - Krank F11

Hybrids - Callaway Big Bertha 3 & 5

Irons - TaylorMade SIM2 5-PW

Wedges - SmithWorks Elite 48, 54, 60

Putter - Edel Golf 5.0

Might be a tough question, given that by the time someone knows a good answer, the shoes may no longer be available. Like in my case. 😞

I bought a pair of Callaway Del Mars last year. My experience is that they are waterproof and comfortable for a full round. I've played in soggy, spongy NW course conditions, as well as outright rain for most of a round, including some downpours (though I've never exceeded about a 2-inch deep puddle). On 3 back-to-back days of golf last month, wearing them for ~8 hours/day, my feet didn't complain any more than if I'd been wearing my Skechers.

Looking on the Golf Galaxy web site just now, my Del Mars look fairly similar to the Solana variants.

For whatever it's worth!

EDIT: I see Del Mars on Amazon now...

Edited by Gusset

44 minutes ago, Smash said:

Where I live, we're playing in some pretty wet, soggy conditions by this time of the winter. I'm wearing the Puma Ignite PWRADAPT shoes ( https://www.cobragolf.com/pumagolf/ignite-pwradapt-caged-golf-shoes ). I really like these shoes. They are super comfortable and I feel great hitting the ball in these shoes. They are listed as waterproof in the description. Uh, yeah, not so much. My feet are soaked by the time I hit the turn.

Does anyone have a shoe recommendation for some shoes that are both waterproof for walking 18 holes and somewhat comfortable? 

I have two pair of the Puma Ignite's as well and love them. I agree they aren't waterproof proof but rather water resistant. Save yourself the expense from buying another pair of shoes. Go to your local Dicks, Walmart, or whatever has a camping department. Buy a can of tent waterproof spray. Works great. I use it on my Puma's and on my golf bag as well. The brand I use is Atsko Silicone Water-Guard. I'm a dew sweeper, play mostly morning rounds and this works just fine.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Thanks Guys, I'm going to give this Atsko spray a try. That would certainly be an interesting solution (and cheap). I think I'm going to try some of the waterproof socks, too. 

Driver - Krank F11

Putter - Edel Golf 5.0

I've never had a pair of "waterproof" Adidas that didn't work as advertised. Currently on my 3rd? season with the Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0 and they still keep water out. I can't say the same for my FJ's even at the same point in their life cycle (I've owned them a while longer).

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

21 hours ago, Smash said:

As a fix to this problem, I bought a pair of the Footjoy Winter Golf Boots (https://www.footjoy.com/men/golf-shoes/winter-golf-boots/017SPE.html?dwvar_017SPE_color=56724&dwvar_017SPE_width=Medium#start=12 . I have dry feet in these but they aren't comfortable. Walking 18 holes in these is a no go . I don't know if it's just a foot shape issue or something but I can't imagine walking 6+ miles in these shoes. The ongoing blisters would be unbearable. The foot soreness/blisters would be bad enough that I would rather wear the Pumas and live with wet feet.  

I have lived and played in the wet PNW conditions that you referring to for almost 35 years.   Having proper footwear makes a big difference in the wet.  The Puma shoes that you are referring to have a 1 year waterproof warranty. In the golf shoe world, 1 year warranty means "Not Gonna Keep Your Feet Dry".  You want to look at a 2 year shoe..  

If you can find a comfortable 2 year shoe, I'd recommend purchasing 2 pair and rotate them if you play a lot.   This will extend the use of both pair.

All of our feet are different.  Trying to recommend a pair for you would be impossible.  In my experience, The Adidas, Footjoy and Ecco lines in a 2 year waterproof warranty have all worked for me over the years.  YMMV.

Currently, I am rotating 2 pair of the Premier Series shoes.  Love the fit and stability. 

For reference, I live and play in the PNW. It has rained 6 inches so far this month. My feet = Dry.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

7 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I've never had a pair of "waterproof" Adidas that didn't work as advertised. Currently on my 3rd? season with the Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0 and they still keep water out. I can't say the same for my FJ's even at the same point in their life cycle (I've owned them a while longer).

I will 2nd this post.  4 years and tour 360's still completely waterproof.  I have walked in them many times, no problems.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

... Ecco Biom Hybrid 3s are both comfortable and waterproof with a gore-tex lining. You can find the Biom Hybrid rid 3's on sale for around $120 and sometimes less. Overkill for me in Phoenix where rain is as rare as a Bryson - Brooks slumber party but I got caught in a downpour this summer that only lasted 20 minutes and with the hard ground, standing water remained for the entire round and the outside of my shoes got soaked while the inside stayed as dry as the desert. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I know you are giving the waterproof spray a chance - actually a really good idea for a golf bag too - thanks @Tom the Golf Nut

I can third (or fourth) the comment for the adidas golf shoes.  They are usually good for rainy rounds.

One surprise I've had is actually the Nike Victory Tour.  I found them on a steal for about $40 bucks a few years ago and they have become my cold/rainy/nasty weather shoes.  Very comfortable for me at least and great waterproofing.  Still can find new pairs around $50/$60 on eBay.

image.png.4e66564b5ae5ba79f1ac9ce9c0427329.png

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Lots of good recommendations on here. I like Eccos but really any proper sealed leather shoe will suit your needs. I know that a lot of people really like mesh-like materials for shoes but it's almost impossible to make them waterproof and still offer the benefits of airflow. I've had Footjoys in the past that did not have any water issues. Eccos are probably the highest quality shoe made for golf today. Their polyurethane being molded directly on the shoe (not glued) remains largely unparalleled to other manufacturing techniques. I currently play the Adidas Tour 360s because I wanted a little more padding. They are holding up well but the materials aren't as nice as my Eccos. The yak leather used in Eccos is softer and nicer feeling than any other leather used in golf footwear today. There are some good Adidas Adipure shoes out there with better leathers but they are few and far between. I will say that even though the leather on my Adidas isn't the nicest, it's held up well. After about 2 years of use, the sealant and white paint is still not cracking. 

I am also a PNW guy. I have the previous version of the Footjoy Rain Boot, and, they are ok to walk in.  They have stretched out a bit, and, I need to wear hiking socks to help take up some volume (you might try different socks to see if it will help.) They are what I typically wear during our wet season - Nov-Mar. I have a pair of Ecco Biom 3 Hybrid, and, while they are water proof, moisture can come over the top, if you are walking in tall grass. My Footjoy Rain boots are 4 yrs old, so, I am looking for a replacement. I was looking at the Adidas S2G mid-cut.  

• 2 weeks later...

Tom, I tried the Atsko Silicone Water-Guard this week. Wow, it worked great.

I sprayed it on the shoes on Wednesday, gave it a couple of days to cure, and played yesterday.

I accidentally stepped right into a patch of grass yesterday that was essentially a puddle. The water went right up to the shoelaces. My socks were bone dry. I definitely give the Atsko Silicone Water-Guard two thumbs up.

Driver - Krank F11

Putter - Edel Golf 5.0

3 hours ago, Smash said:

Tom, I tried the Atsko Silicone Water-Guard this week. Wow, it worked great.

I sprayed it on the shoes on Wednesday, gave it a couple of days to cure, and played yesterday.

I accidentally stepped right into a patch of grass yesterday that was essentially a puddle. The water went right up to the shoelaces. My socks were bone dry. I definitely give the Atsko Silicone Water-Guard two thumbs up.

Glad it worked for you. I knew it would. You just might need to do it twice a year.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

ASICS Gel Course Duo BOA

while they’re not the most attractive looking shoes, they have been hands down the most comfortable pair of golf shoes I have ever owned. And they have held up great to wet Pacific Northwest rounds of golf. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 8:17 AM, TR1PTIK said:

Interesting.  Of my 21 pairs of golf shoes, all but 3 are FootJoys.  Even the oldest FootJoys still do not leak.  Now, will admit, I never buy a pair of shoes that do not have a 2 year waterproof guarantee.  My oldest pair of FootJoy DryJoys are 12 years old and they still do not leak.  I never put any kind of waterproofing on my shoes either.  

The 3  pair that are not FootJoys are Under Armour.  One of them is about to go in the garbage.  They have cracked right along the sole and I they probably will leak.  Just noticed that yesterday.  They will be in garbage next week.  

Edited by RickK

WITB

Driver - Taylormade M6

3wd - Taylormade RBZ

Hybrids - Taylormade RBZ

Irons - Taylormade RSi1

Putter - Macgregor Smoothie

I've had good luck with FootJoy Contours.  Comfortable, and with some routine care once or twice a season I typically get 3-4 years of waterproof performance out of a pair.  I'll second the Atsko spray, I use it once before the season on each pair of shoes, works like a charm.  And like many of the folks on this thread I'm out early in the day and can't remember the last time I played a round here in Wisconsin where the grass wasn't, at a minimum, dew covered or worse.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

• 2 weeks later...

The most waterproof shoes I've ever worn are Sqairz.  They are 100% waterproof all the way to the top eyelet because they have a gusseted tongue (tongue is sewn on both sides to prevent water and debris from entering the shoes).

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

On 1/17/2022 at 2:27 PM, Smash said:

Bought these last year.  Most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.  Skechers GO GOLF Elite - Tour SL | SKECHERS

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x

• 1 year later...

If you're looking for shoes that can withstand wet and soggy conditions while providing optimal comfort, there are a few options to consider. One of the top recommendations would be the FootJoy DryJoys Tour Golf Shoes, which offer complete waterproof protection thanks to its breathable membrane technology. The shoe's leather upper is also durable and supportive, ensuring that your feet stay dry and comfortable throughout all 18 holes.

Another great option is the Adidas Adipower S Boost 3 Golf Shoe, which boasts an advanced microfiber upper designed with ClimaProof technology for maximum waterproofing capabilities. The shoe's cloudfoam insole provides unparalleled cushioning and support with every step, making it a perfect choice for those who value both comfort and performance.

I’m an old fan of the Insesis golf shoes. Very water tight,  and super traction on wet and slippery surfaces. Bonus - could purchase a couple pairs in multiple colors for the price of one better known brand….  One drawback - moisture proof both ways.. not the most breathable on a hot long walk.  If I was playing 36 I usually changed shoes for the second 18.  

This year giving the new Payntr golf shoes a try. Had them w me in August during all that rain - perfectly dry. Very comfortable and supportive as well.  If they had more color options I’d probably have two pair. I tend to wear them until the cleats wear down, so try to rotate between rounds.  

Trying to help my daughter find some good water proof golf shoes is a bit more of a problem - she went to one big retail store and they had exactly one pair in her size…

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)